Billy Mays Dead at 50

This sucks, Billy May's was great. I loved his charisma and how he also found humor in his on-screen persona.

Looks like we'll be seeing more of the ho punchin' Vince Offer in the near future.

I was shocked when I heard about this, I loved his show and thought he always seemed like such a great and fun guy. Really going to miss him screaming at the TV telling me to buy OXICLEAN. RIP Billy :whistle2:(

[quote name='HovaEscobar']I can't believe this. I'm in shock. Billy Mays was a great salesman and entertainer. He could really sell a product and was the best in the business. I have memories as a child of not really knowing what Oxiclean was or what it did, but this charismatic performer made me want to buy that product and understand more about that product like no other could. . He revolutionized the infomercial business by approaching things in a different direction: creating a character that people can recognize whilst emphasizing the product. Rest in Peace, Bill, you will be missed.[/QUOTE]
You're a fucking douche, just so you know.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't get exactly what Hova did. Someone explain?[/QUOTE]

He condemn those mourning the death of Michael Jackson. Then, in true cunt fashion, he came in here lamenting the death of Billy Mays like he knew the guy personally.

This does really suck... Pitchman was a great show and he seemed like a great sincere guy from the reports I've read. I can only imagine how his family feels. :whistle2:(

[quote name='rabbitt']He condemn those mourning the death of Michael Jackson. Then, in true cunt fashion, he came in here lamenting the death of Billy Mays like he knew the guy personally.[/QUOTE]
i never condemned them, i just said i particularly didnt care that the guy bit the dust. if anything, they condemned me. i really like billy mays, okay. sometimes you just don't appreciate people until theyre gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preliminary results from the autopsy: pulmonary embolism. From what I figure that means, that bump to his noggin wouldn't have anything to do with that, right? Or am I wrong?

Ah, fuck. I couldn't believe this news when I first heard it. 50 is way too soon for anyone to go. Found this earlier:

13827550.jpg

[quote name='KingBroly']youtube vid[/QUOTE]
I guess the Yakuza finally caught up to him.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Preliminary results from the autopsy: pulmonary embolism. From what I figure that means, that bump to his noggin wouldn't have anything to do with that, right? Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]
Ah, if that is the case then he must have had a serious hit on the head that advanced down his spinal cord and caused a blood clot (my guess). This is exactly how one of my favorite teachers died (he was 36). He would ride his bike to school every day (because he was training for a bike marathon) and he got hit by a car. They thought he was alright (he was in the hospital for 2 days) and then all the sudden he died, same reason (blood clot). Dumb ass hospital didnt even spot it. . .

Seriously? That would suck if it is indeed the issue. Not saying that it would be any more "right" for it to be a naturally occuring blockage in his heart, but it at least wouldn't be a dumb plane killing him.

Still sad about this. I took his informericals for granted!

Huh... so I guess...

Suit case falling on head > Hockey check (concussion) ?

Just seems like it should be something other than getting hit in the head... ?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Preliminary results from the autopsy: pulmonary embolism. From what I figure that means, that bump to his noggin wouldn't have anything to do with that, right? Or am I wrong?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he was sitting too long on the flight?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Huh... so I guess...

Suit case falling on head > Hockey check (concussion) ?

Just seems like it should be something other than getting hit in the head... ?[/QUOTE]
Yea, but you got to remember that in that field (hockey, ufc, boxing ect.) they are trained to take it and also have instant medical staff that know the injuries. They also wear gear to prevent such events.

I mean, you can die from getting punched in the face (very easily actually) but you don't see people die every day in the UFC and Boxing (they are professionals).

I wasn't going to bring this up because I know some childish people would post about it... with some dumb ass comment like "oh, that explains it..." :roll:

Anyway, My stupid cousins would get into a lot of trouble when we were young kids, I didn't know any better so I'd follow a long. We had been climbing on this metal tube structure and I don't remember how, but it fell and hit me on the back of the head. I don't remember that event other than getting hit and experiencing for the first time a really big bump on the head. I don't remember going to the doctor. Thing is I know kids are more resilient, but why didn't that affect me or kill me?

I know they are trained and all, but stuff can still happen. I guess maybe the suitcase that fell was a lot more than normal or the jaring of the plane was a lot more than normal.

[quote name='Blackout']Maybe he was sitting too long on the flight?[/QUOTE]

That doesn't sound normal, usually that happens on a 8+ hour flight, not a 3 hour flight.

Steve Irwin died to a freak accident; this is most likely the same thing where it was wrong place at wrong time with the most unfortunate of luck.

Watching the show, it is so weird. They mention Billys death a lot (before it actually happened). Kind of awkward. And also, it feels like his family doesn't really care. When it happened his son seemed so nonchalant about it. IF my dad died, I wouldnt be twittering about it. . .

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Watching the show, it is so weird. They mention Billys death a lot (before it actually happened). Kind of awkward. And also, it feels like his family doesn't really care. When it happened his son seemed so nonchalant about it. IF my dad died, I wouldnt be twittering about it. . .[/QUOTE]

People react differently to death. Some people are reclusive when there's a death and others try to get out with as many people as they can. It's all in your perception.

[quote name='Bezerker']It just proves that you can be here one day, and KABOOM! gone tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Do people usually blow up?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Watching the show, it is so weird. They mention Billys death a lot (before it actually happened). Kind of awkward. And also, it feels like his family doesn't really care. When it happened his son seemed so nonchalant about it. IF my dad died, I wouldnt be twittering about it. . .[/QUOTE]

He seems like a well adjusted kid. He loved his dad, he's just grieving differently than most.

"Billly Mays Here....I got a new product that you can't find in any store. You can't find this on the internet either. What is it you ask? Its COCAINE!"

[quote name='keithp']Well, looks like 'ol Billy was a coke-head: Link[/QUOTE]
Come on did you really think anyone could naturally be that enthusiastic about oxyclean? lol

[quote name='blissskr']Come on did you really think anyone could naturally be that enthusiastic about oxyclean? lol[/QUOTE]

Naturally enthusiastic? You are aware that he was paid tens of thousands of dollars per commercial appearance, right? You would be, too! ;)

bread's done
Back