Billy Mays Dead at 50

[quote name='craven_fiend']I thought death was in 3's with "celebrity" types? This makes four in four days or so.[/QUOTE]

Same thing I was thinking. Maybe there is still 2 more to come? Hope not. All these people dieing lately just depresses me.

[quote name='jman619']Same thing I was thinking. Maybe there is still 2 more to come? Hope not. All these people dieing lately just depresses me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its crazy. Hopefully a more prominent celebrity isn't next. Not saying that MJ wasn't, but he'd kind of dropped off as of late.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Yeah, its crazy. Hopefully a more prominent celebrity isn't next. Not saying that MJ wasn't, but he'd kind of dropped off as of late.[/QUOTE]

Not too many celebrities can garner as much press upon their death though. Once an icon always an icon.

Yeah, just heard about it. I actually work in a store that sells As Seen On TV items exclusively. Now it sounds like we have a store full of collector's items.

RIP Billy.

Wombat will probably be playing taps tonight on a tub of OxiClean.

This hits me hard. I thought his show was awesome, and I have watched too many you tube poops with billy mays starring in it. Now one big player of my entertainment is gone in my life :cry:

Billy Mays was still building his internet icon legacy too. This sucks. He seemed to be really getting to pop culture, even on new ESPN commercials. CNN.com doesn't even have the story but I found it linked through the bazillion-ith Michael Jackson article.

I can't believe this. I'm in shock. Billy Mays was a great salesman and entertainer. He could really sell a product and was the best in the business. I have memories as a child of not really knowing what Oxiclean was or what it did, but this charismatic performer made me want to buy that product and understand more about that product like no other could. . He revolutionized the infomercial business by approaching things in a different direction: creating a character that people can recognize whilst emphasizing the product. Rest in Peace, Bill, you will be missed.

Yea right.... fishy. If it is true, I'll be devastated. I really like Billy, but I wasnt to attached to MJ.

This aint on any other major news sites...

I thought it was about Willie Mays at first, so my first thought was, "He was only 50?!"

The world is a less noisy and in-your-face place.

[quote name='HovaEscobar']I can't believe this. I'm in shock. Billy Mays was a great salesman and entertainer. He could really sell a product and was the best in the business. I have memories as a child of not really knowing what Oxiclean was or what it did, but this charismatic performer made me want to buy that product and understand more about that product like no other could. . He revolutionized the infomercial business by approaching things in a different direction: creating a character that people can recognize whilst emphasizing the product. Rest in Peace, Bill, you will be missed.[/QUOTE]
Hilarious, Punk_Raven.

Stay classy.

[quote name='rabbitt']What a bizarre week.[/QUOTE]

For real.

It seems like the Pitchmen show was doing well too. Although, I noticed he seemed thinner than in years past.

Man, this one makes me sad. He was just getting into his stride in his career. Just saw him on Conan and was excited about future interviews because it was so entertaining and fun... he was also full of life and exciting to watch.

I'm really shocked that he isnt as popular as I thought, the news was just like, "Oh and Billy Mays was found dead, police dont know why... onto Michael Jackson!" Jeesh have some respect. Poor Farrah and Billy :( :( :( :(

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Man, this one makes me sad. He was just getting into his stride in his career. Just saw him on Conan and was excited about future interviews because it was so entertaining and fun... he was also full of life and exciting to watch.

I'm really shocked that he isnt as popular as I thought, the news was just like, "Oh and Billy Mays was found dead, police dont know why... onto Michael Jackson!" Jeesh have some respect. Poor Farrah and Billy :( :( :( :([/QUOTE]

Yeah. I was just about to mentioned how he was JUST on Conan this past week. He seemed alive, well and doing just fine. Must have been a tragic death then.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It seems like the Pitchmen show was doing well too. Although, I noticed he seemed thinner than in years past.[/QUOTE]

God forbid a man lose weight?

Anyway, Billy Mays said something hit him in the head on the plane yesterday as they were landing. They think it has something to do with that. US Air issued a statement blaming Mays for not wearing a seatbelt.. but.. I'm not really sure how that would prevent an object from hitting him in the head. Whatever. RIP.

He was on a flight yesterday where the tires blew out and he got hit in the head, might be the cause. A news channel down in Tampa interviewed him yesterday about the flight:

Mays told a FOX 13 reporter that he was returning from the filming of an Oxyclean commercial in Philadelphia, according to the station.

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping," he said. "It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

Wow this is sad, I didnt know Billy personally but he was entertaining. People dying at 50 scares the shit out of me, I am only a few years away. I bet those crickets he shot out of that bazooka last week had something to do with this.

RIP Billy

Damn man. Billy Mays is gone? I loved that SOB. RIP big man. Can't believe he died. Wow. :cry:

that is freakin creepy but i have to say i think in his case theres definelty foul play the business hes in whose to say he didnt screw someone over maybe steal their idea or not pay someone enough. wonder what they will do with his reality show though maybe bring in the shamwow guy.

bread's done
Back