BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the last time it happened, it went up and down, and then varied depending on what you bought, and then everyone forgot about it because it was something really low.

so this is only for Buy It Now auctions right?

I feel sorta stupid for asking this but I can't seem to quite make sense of the original post in regards to this

edit: okay I am

:imwithst:

[quote name='buckythekat']so this is only for Buy It Now auctions right?

I feel sorta stupid for asking this but I can't seem to quite make sense of the original post in regards to this[/quote]Yes only Buy it Now.

From OP:

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

[quote name='Birbo']
He says there's a 21 day hold on my payment. What's going on?[/quote]

He doesn't have a say in the matter....Ebay clearly states to sellers of certain products that Ebay/paypal may hold some payments up to 21 days. The seller is to proceed with the transaction and they will get the money when there is proof of delivery/no complaints by the buyer.

They do this to new sellers, sellers with poor satsifcation levels, ect as a method to help prevent fraud/make sellers peform better in certain product catagories. For well established sellers, with a proven history of few to no problems, the 21 day hold doesn't apply. The odds are the problem is on his end, not yours.

I wouldn't send him another payment....if he can't be bothered to read the rules or understand them, then what the are the odds you are going to get your stuff?

I thought I got a great deal on the Blu Ray of Incredible Hulk for $20 (after cashback). Then this morning, somebody is selling it for 22 out right. Shizznit!!
Oh well. Still better the BB prices.
But once this is over, it'll be pretty hard to accept using the buy it now of ebay knowing I'm not getting 25-30% back.

[quote name='silver2k1gt']I got a 10% off coupon from Ebay, does anyone know if I can combine it with this offer?[/QUOTE]

Yep you can. Hit apply at checkout and then you should see the discount applied to the receipt at the top of the checkout page. The nice thing is, the cashback bonus is for the % off the total amount. So, you'll get 25% back on the total of whatever you buy, but you'll only have to pay 90% of it out of pocket.

[quote name='silver2k1gt']I got a 10% off coupon from Ebay, does anyone know if I can combine it with this offer?[/QUOTE]

Yes it will combine and it wont effect the amount you get through cashback . which is a good thing!.

Man, I wish the 10% coupon weren't 1 use only. I just found a $750 order that I could've used it on, and I already blew it on a cell phone. Oh well, 25% still isn't bad.

Where do we sign up for the coupons? Is it in Paypal ? I want to make sure going forward that I may actually get a coupon if I hit whatever requirement, or get selected, etc.

I just got 25% cashback + 10% coupon to grab a refurbished Premium 360 w/ HDMI and Falcon Chipset for $130.

I think I win.

[quote name='Snake2715']Where do we sign up for the coupons? Is it in Paypal ? I want to make sure going forward that I may actually get a coupon if I hit whatever requirement, or get selected, etc.[/quote]

It'll be sent to you by eBay (you'll get it in your eBay message inbox) if you're going to get one. There's nothing you can do to influence their decision to send you one, as far as I've seen.

sucks it went down slightly as there were some big ticket items i wanted. i'm piecing together a surround sound for my game room. oh well, maybe it's better to just take the 25% rather than risk it going lower.

[quote name='Snake2715']Where do we sign up for the coupons? Is it in Paypal ? I want to make sure going forward that I may actually get a coupon if I hit whatever requirement, or get selected, etc.[/quote]

You have to go into account settings in eBay and set a check box under email preferences. I learned that the other day.

[quote name='FadeToOne']You have to go into account settings in eBay and set a check box under email preferences. I learned that the other day.[/quote]

Like the fact that people try to help, but don't give great directions...

Account->Notification->Promotions and Surveys->Subscriptions->General email promotions CHECK

[quote name='xycury']Like the fact that people try to help, but don't give great directions...

Account->Notification->Promotions and Surveys->Subscriptions->General email promotions CHECK[/QUOTE]

It doesn't guarantee you'll get a code. I already had it checked but never got the coupon. I did get the previous one though.

[quote name='OGHowie']It doesn't guarantee you'll get a code. I already had it checked but never got the coupon. I did get the previous one though.[/quote]

Well no, but at least the definition of the item that should be checked may actually get you a code... which is better than not having it checked.

I haven't got a single code ever for like 8 years...

I wish Sony would get their PSN cards out to retailers faster. I was going to grab one with this promotion but all of the auctions on eBay have a 20%+ markup.

[quote name='xycury']I haven't got a single code ever for like 8 years...[/QUOTE]
I almost never buy anything off eBay, and they sent me a 10% code recently. Maybe it's to lure shoppers who don't usually shop much?

Used it plus the 25% cashback on a receiver I've been looking at. Got a "You've earned $98 cashback message" the next day from eBay and Microsoft.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Might use the 25% off to purchase that Limited Edition Gunmetal Playstation 3 lol[/QUOTE]

You weren't the only one.

Man, I'm so glad this is still going on. Ordered a new Dell XPS M1530 today to replace my 5 year old Compaq Presario 2100. Ooh, it's gonna be so nice having a laptop that actually runs well.. (And the $200 back in a couple months is sweet, too.)

Got a great deal for a 120GB xbox360 HDD thanks to this coupon, but I really wonder if it's doing any good in terms of drawing people to Live. I mean, the directions to get the cash back is rather convoluted, and it's not even in the cash back section of the live store (probably cause it isnt a store in and of itself, but...).

Oh well, better use it while I can, I guess.

[quote name='muumuu']Got a great deal for a 120GB xbox360 HDD thanks to this coupon, but I really wonder if it's doing any good in terms of drawing people to Live. I mean, the directions to get the cash back is rather convoluted, and it's not even in the cash back section of the live store (probably cause it isnt a store in and of itself, but...).

Oh well, better use it while I can, I guess.[/QUOTE]

How much did you pay for it?

HELP:

I used LIVE search, and it pulled up an auction-style listing with BUY IT NOW. I used the BUY IT NOW, and it keeps giving me this fucking error:

This Purchase is not eligible for cashback.
To get your cashback reward, you must pay for your purchase with your PayPal account.
To pay with payPal, click Change "next to Other payment methods."

I am using PayPal. I keep getting the error.

Also, another item I'm trying to pay for that was a fixed price style is not working either. I have not used the coupon more than five times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='opportunity777']HELP:

I used LIVE search, and it pulled up an auction-style listing with BUY IT NOW. I used the BUY IT NOW, and it keeps giving me this fucking error:

To get your cashback reward, you must pay for your purchase with your PayPal account.

Also, another item I'm trying to pay for that was a fixed price style is not working either. I have not used the coupon more than five times.[/quote]

Is the seller using its own checkout system?

[quote name='munch']How much did you pay for it?[/quote]

$105 for one w/ a transfer cable, which was about $85 after coupon and shipping. I'm sure they're all the same pulls from an Elite, but I needed a cable since I only own an imported Asian system. Now I'm debating whether to get an Arcade while I'm at it -- Asian versions of games aren't as attractive anymore now that Amazon's running $10 off on almost all new games, and with Goozex trades being so easy.

Also, another item I'm trying to pay for that was a fixed price style is not working either. I have not used the coupon more than five times.[/quote]

I got the same error, switched nothing and paid with PP and got the email from eBay/Live saying that I did receive the cashback (I did it on an imported R & C QfB so it was only like $25). This was the first time I used LIVE.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Is the seller using its own checkout system?[/QUOTE]

No, he is not.

[quote name='zaw73']I got the same error, switched nothing and paid with PP and got the email from eBay/Live saying that I did receive the cashback (I did it on an imported R & C QfB so it was only like $25). This was the first time I used LIVE.[/QUOTE]

Is there any recourse if this doesn't work? Is the money still in your account? When did this happen to you?

[/quote]

I'm getting the same error this morning, (event thought yesterday I managed to complete the purchase without any kind of error). I even switched to a different PayPal account and got the same. I might do as zaw73 suggested. Just keep going with the purchase and if I don't get the message just let them know that I did pay with Paypal (Obviously they'll have a record of my payment).

And no, the seller isn't using his/her own checkout system (That gives you a different error message, I've been there :))

EDIT: Never mind, didn't read far enough.

Bleah. I'm probably going to skip this now. This thing is far more effort than it's worth just to get a phone that isn't some weird Chinese knockoff.

[quote name='erequena']I'm getting the same error this morning, (event thought yesterday I managed to complete the purchase without any kind of error). I even switched to a different PayPal account and got the same. I might do as zaw73 suggested. Just keep going with the purchase and if I don't get the message just let them know that I did pay with Paypal (Obviously they'll have a record of my payment).

And no, the seller isn't using his/her own checkout system (That gives you a different error message, I've been there :))[/QUOTE]

I'm going to keep it an eye on it. I am concerned because of the amount of money. I have $115 on the line, and the seller offered to sell it to me for cheaper off eBay by using PayPal only (he has over 200 feedback, 99% positive), but I opted to go the eBay route to get CashBack.

[quote name='opportunity777']No, he is not.

Is there any recourse if this doesn't work? Is the money still in your account? When did this happen to you?[/quote]
I would be out the "cashback" amount of $6.45 (thats why I started with something small). The cashback does not show up for 12-48 hours and since I did it today I am out nothing. I did keep the email from eBay saying I was entitled to the cashback.

Decided to pick up a used/complete copy of Super Mario Galaxy for $23.24 shipped with the 25% cashback ($30.99 before). That's a lot better then 30% off the used price at Gamestop via cellphone coupon+edge), and also seems to be much better then auction prices at ebay. Hopefully it will prove to be in as good a shape as the listing claimed....

I love this deal. Used it on multiple things:

1) Monster Hunter PSP 2000

2) New Samba shoes for indoor soccer league

3) Several game pre-orders and orders (Castlevania, Resistance 2, etc.)

The money in my account is not showing up. The first time I emailed them and they put it in and then it was gone the next day. The second transaction showed up immediately accompanied by email stated that and now that is gone. So I am sending off my 3rd email to them and they better fix it.

Anyone else having this problem?

Well, one of the sellers I bought from screwed me over. Never shipped my item, no longer a registered user on eBay, and filing a dispute with PayPal led to immediate escalation to a claim. Obviously something fishy. I mean, seriously? Over $50 for a video game?

I hope Fallout 3 ships okay.

Used this again to get 3 Wii 2000pts cards for for $17.00 each ($12.75) each after cash back. The seller only has 2 cards left. Its nice to essentially buy 2 cards and get one free :)

[quote name='erequena']I'm getting the same error this morning, (event thought yesterday I managed to complete the purchase without any kind of error). I even switched to a different PayPal account and got the same. I might do as zaw73 suggested. Just keep going with the purchase and if I don't get the message just let them know that I did pay with Paypal (Obviously they'll have a record of my payment).

And no, the seller isn't using his/her own checkout system (That gives you a different error message, I've been there :))[/quote]

Got the same error that the purchase is not eligible for cash back even though I'm paying with paypal and purchased within 1 hour of live search. I went through with the payment and hopefully I get my money back.

Just posting to let people know that more people had this problem with live search cash back, Microsoft better not screw people over....

[quote name='gacktplays']Got the same error that the purchase is not eligible for cash back even though I'm paying with paypal and purchased within 1 hour of live search. I went through with the payment and hopefully I get my money back.

Just posting to let people know that more people had this problem with live search cash back, Microsoft better not screw people over....[/quote]

I got an error too...everything went smooth and then when I went to MS's site it said I have no pending cashback even though Ebay sent me a message with the link to the site saying I qualified. Though they did say that it could take up to two days for the cashback to show up on their site....I hope it does....I really don't want to jump through hoops just for $25.

[quote name='ghost00']I just got an email from ebay for 10% of a purchase

will that work with the cashback?

thanks[/quote]

Yes, been confirmed several times

bread's done
Back