BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
..Great, my laptop deal fell through last night. And the one I have my eye on on ebay I don't think I'll get now if cashback is gone.

Crap.

I still get live search cashback. I think it's because I still have the live search window open with the link to ebay. Hopefully it will work when I need it to work.

[quote name='bigshady']I got the 25% just now with a search of "playstation"[/quote]

I had to try it twice but this worked for me as well. And I thought my fun was through just as I got my 10% off code from eBay. Thanks!

read on another board.. that msft will stop the cash back in nov and dec since everyone will be spending anyways ...

hope its not true.. and hope someone listed some good rpg games soon

[quote name='slidecage']read on another board.. that msft will stop the cash back in nov and dec since everyone will be spending anyways ...

hope its not true.. and hope someone listed some good rpg games soon[/quote]

Is it just some random guy's speculation or does he have some kind of actual proof? Some quoting would be nice for our reference.

Last week I tried this deal with a Xbox 360 pro; I found it on ebay for $259.99 and will receive $78. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

[quote name='dfo']I had to try it twice but this worked for me as well. And I thought my fun was through just as I got my 10% off code from eBay. Thanks![/quote]

The cashback doesnt actually appear if you're looking for a ps3.

[quote name='GuardianE']Is it just some random guy's speculation or does he have some kind of actual proof? Some quoting would be nice for our reference.[/QUOTE]

will try to clear cookies and temp files tonight cause now its saying POST NOT FOUND ?

maybe the site took it down cause there was a lot of name calling and script talk in there..

im pretty sure it was just someone saying something to piss off alot of people...

i still got 2 or 3 games i would like to grab if anyone would ever list them cheap : )

Union for the psp
Dinosaur king for the ds (cousin kid wants this but not worth 30)

and a few new releases coming

Love to find someone selling chrono trigger for say 38 and getting 25% off that ..

[quote name='SkyGheNe']The cashback doesnt actually appear if you're looking for a ps3.[/quote]

it does if you simply search for "Playstation". "Shoes" works as well.

[quote name='GuardianE']Is it just some random guy's speculation or does he have some kind of actual proof? Some quoting would be nice for our reference.[/QUOTE]

I think we're going to see offers lasting longer and more of them. With the economy in the pooper, people are spending less (even if they're not really impacted). Companies have to make money and move inventory, which means more deals.

All IMO of course. My thinking was that this live.com cashback is going to go through the end of the year since I'm sure it's generating sales for Ebay, not to mention hits for Microsoft. The only question in my mind is whether the percentage will go up or down.

I'd like to try this but I don't quite understand the part about setting up your Live Search account and associating it with your eBay account to get your cash back. Could someone please explain how that works? I don't wanna buy something and then screw up my refund.

[quote name='misbitski']I think we're going to see offers lasting longer and more of them. With the economy in the pooper, people are spending less (even if they're not really impacted). Companies have to make money and move inventory, which means more deals.

All IMO of course. My thinking was that this live.com cashback is going to go through the end of the year since I'm sure it's generating sales for Ebay, not to mention hits for Microsoft. The only question in my mind is whether the percentage will go up or down.[/quote]

I wonder. I know MS has pretty deep pockets but they must be spending an incredible amount on this promotion and it's hard to imagine that'll go on forever. Even if eBay is picking up part of the tab it can't approach 25% since eBay doesn't take nearly 25% per transaction. But it's gone on for a couple of weeks now .... Ultimately, it's just a matter of speculating about how much money they're willing to burn.

[quote name='dfo']I wonder. I know MS has pretty deep pockets but they must be spending an incredible amount on this promotion and it's hard to imagine that'll go on forever. Even if eBay is picking up part of the tab it can't approach 25% since eBay doesn't take nearly 25% per transaction. But it's gone on for a couple of weeks now .... Ultimately, it's just a matter of speculating about how much money they're willing to burn.[/QUOTE]

They are holding our money for a specified period of time. More than likely, almost all of this money is getting reinvested into other projects or opportunities.

[quote name='dfo']I had to try it twice but this worked for me as well. And I thought my fun was through just as I got my 10% off code from eBay. Thanks![/quote]

Same. I finally got a coupon code for the first time in months and Live was down.

Probably going to grab a PS3 before the coupon expires.

Does your Live Account have to use the same email as your eBay/PayPal account or anything like that? I've signed in using my existing "Windows Live ID," but my other stuff uses a Gmail address. Or are you fine if you just sign into Live and follow the links from there?

[quote name='BustaUppa']Does your Live Account have to use the same email as your eBay/PayPal account or anything like that? I've signed in using my existing "Windows Live ID," but my other stuff uses a Gmail address. Or are you fine if you just sign into Live and follow the links from there?[/QUOTE]

The email addresses don't have to match. I'm in the same situation as you and so far it appears to be owrking for me

im currently trying to do a purchase right now and am using my paypal through ebay but it gives me this message.

This Purchase is not eligible for cashback.
To get your cashback reward, you must pay for your purchase with your PayPal account.
To pay with payPal, click Change "next to Other payment methods."

I dont know whats wrong, i get that message whether or not i use my bank account of credit card. and yes i am logged into paypal. any advice?

[quote name='NegativeZero']im currently trying to do a purchase right now and am using my paypal through ebay but it gives me this message.

To get your cashback reward, you must pay for your purchase with your PayPal account.

I dont know whats wrong, i get that message whether or not i use my bank account of credit card. and yes i am logged into paypal. any advice?[/QUOTE]

Yesterday, many of us received this same message. So far, my purchase from yesterday is still credited in my cashback account. I E-mailed my seller and told him to not send my item for a few days. By then, MS will either reverse the cashback credit or won't. I have had one cashback reversal because we opted not to complete the transaction. That took about 48 to 72 hours. If MS reverses the transaction, then I will E-mail my seller for a mutual withdrawal. This is the only "safe" way I know how to proceed because of that stupid error.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hmm, has anyone been able to get the cashback icon on ebay today? I'm only getting it for the Live Marketplace right now.[/quote]

The "playstation" search doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but "shoes" is working right now.

[quote name='dfo']The "playstation" search doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but "shoes" is working right now.[/QUOTE]

Shoes brings up 25%, but not for eBay.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Hmm, has anyone been able to get the cashback icon on ebay today? I'm only getting it for the Live Marketplace right now.[/QUOTE]

Mine still works, but only because my search window was never closed. I just tested it and I get the icon on ebay. I'm not sure how long this will work, but I'm hoping at least till I get paid next week. I still need to buy a GPS and a DS.

[quote name='NegativeZero']im currently trying to do a purchase right now and am using my paypal through ebay but it gives me this message.

I dont know whats wrong, i get that message whether or not i use my bank account of credit card. and yes i am logged into paypal. any advice?[/QUOTE]

I'm getting the same message today. I've done this deal like 10 times already and never had this problem. Not sure what the deal is.

I'll wait until tomorrow and try again. I don't want to risk losing the cashback.

I dont know whats wrong, i get that message whether or not i use my bank account of credit card. and yes i am logged into paypal. any advice?[/quote]

It might be because you are buying from a particular seller that uses a a third party seller tool, such as auctionworks.com, or something similar. Anyway, usually in those cases, you can't pay for the item by going through your account and clicking the pay now. Most of the time, the seller sends an automated e-mail to you where you click on a link to pay for it.

But this isn't a problem, your cashback will still show up if you need to do this, as long as you continue to pay with PayPal.

Of course, I don't really know if this is your problem, this is just what I think may be your problem, but I have no clue.

[quote name='menikmati']Any other CAG's that bought GHWT off of this seller?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110290958020

I'm 19th on the list and asked if they shipped and they replied that they didn't get enough bundles and that it would be a week or two. Well, a week or two means Gears of War 2 for me...[/QUOTE]

I ordered two from that seller. I posted way back in the thread that they didn't have enough stock so I am hoping I get mine soon.

[quote name='kklems']I ordered two from that seller. I posted way back in the thread that they didn't have enough stock so I am hoping I get mine soon.[/quote]

Damn, you're 9 bundles ahead of me.

The only reason I got it off eBay was for the 30% cashback. I could have easily just waltzed into a Best Buy and grabbed it, but chose to go through this route instead. I don't know what's better, waiting it out for the eventual $60 CB in the end or get a full refund and go buy it at the store. Personally, this all depends on how much Fallout 3 sucks me in.

[quote name='Puffoluf$$$us']It might be because you are buying from a particular seller that uses a a third party seller tool, such as auctionworks.com, or something similar. Anyway, usually in those cases, you can't pay for the item by going through your account and clicking the pay now. Most of the time, the seller sends an automated e-mail to you where you click on a link to pay for it.

But this isn't a problem, your cashback will still show up if you need to do this, as long as you continue to pay with PayPal.

Of course, I don't really know if this is your problem, this is just what I think may be your problem, but I have no clue.[/QUOTE]

nope party didnt have any third party system, just eBay>>>paypal. and i cant get logo to show up again so i can try from home, was trying from work earlier.

[quote name='NegativeZero']nope party didnt have any third party system, just eBay>>>paypal. and i cant get logo to show up again so i can try from home, was trying from work earlier.[/QUOTE]

Same in my case. You get a different, more explicit error if the seller uses a 3rd party checkout system. I think something is f'd up on Ebay's side.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Which price does the ebay's 10% off coupon work on?

The item's price? Or the total price (item + shipping0?[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain (90%? :)) that the shipping is not calculated in the 10% off. Certainly, it is not calculated in the CashBack %.

I have nearly $60 in pending cashback available now. What a neat little promotion. Used it to buy a 120 GB HDD for my 360, Far Cry 2, and an Atari 2600 with 42 games!

Alright, so Im looking at a BIN, but the seller requests that you request a invoice from them so they can fill out the s&h, will that affect it in anyway? Just wanna cover my bases.

Looks like no issues stacking the 10% coupon with Live Cashback. Ordered Fallout 3 PC last night and saw I got Cashback pending in the morning. Also had some credit in my Paypal account from using Live Cashback over the summer so worked out to a pretty good deal.

Live Cashback is awesome.

bread's done
Back