BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='donburns99']No problem, you can also check CashBackr for the latest search terms and percents and even sign up to be automatically alerted when the percent changes. :bouncy:

thanks for that, it is very helpful. Hope it jumps back up soon.

[quote name='guyver2077']kinda glad i got in on my 20% order earlier..[/QUOTE]

i got a 20% in on a book but was gonna get a camera when it disappeared, and now im kicking myself for not prioritizing

Good luck emailing livesearch. I just got a response back from them that I sent on November 21.

I'd completely forgotten what I'd asked for until I read it. Good news though. $160 for something that was refunded will still be coming my way!

[quote name='Forbesania']Good luck emailing livesearch. I just got a response back from them that I sent on November 21.

I'd completely forgotten what I'd asked for until I read it. Good news though. $160 for something that was refunded will still be coming my way![/QUOTE]

How does that work? How are they still willing to give you $160 after the transaction has been refunded, I'd love to know since I'm in a similar situation.

How exactly do they learn of the refund anyway?

[quote name='donburns99']No problem, you can also check CashBackr for the latest search terms and percents and even sign up to be automatically alerted when the percent changes. :bouncy:

I'd say you're fine, but be sure to mail the seller and tell them when you'll be paying. Most expect payment within 48 hours and prefer immediate payment. xD[/QUOTE]

Excellent f'n link..thanks!

[quote name='NegativeZero']How does that work? How are they still willing to give you $160 after the transaction has been refunded, I'd love to know since I'm in a similar situation.

How exactly do they learn of the refund anyway?[/quote]

I assumed that if something was refunded to your Paypal, then it would be removed from you cashback account. I was at my 12 use limit, including the refund.

So, I emailed them telling them that it was refunded, and wanted the slot opened so I could use cashback again. The livesearch rep told me that eBay must provid the info. Well, there are 2 more days for eBay to let them know this is refunded before I can claim it. What are other people's experience with refunds? I had one before that disappeared from my Pending queue within hours.

[quote name='Forbesania']I assumed that if something was refunded to your Paypal, then it would be removed from you cashback account. I was at my 12 use limit, including the refund.

So, I emailed them telling them that it was refunded, and wanted the slot opened so I could use cashback again. The livesearch rep told me that eBay must provid the info. Well, there are 2 more days for eBay to let them know this is refunded before I can claim it. What are other people's experience with refunds? I had one before that disappeared from my Pending queue within hours.[/QUOTE]

similar thing happened to me, I got something refunded on the 59th day(not on purpose), but the rebate for $60 still went through, even though my live account says item was refunded. Only thing is, now I have an item on pending that says -2 days left, as in a should have been available 2 days ago but still isn't.

Wonder if I got blacklisted for that, anyone else ever have an item take longer than 60 days before being able to process?

Be careful how much you mess around with getting cash back on refunded items and the like. There was a clause in the TOS stating that upon them finding out you didn't deserve the cash back (after the fact), that they are allowed to take the money from your Paypal or even Bank Account, whether you have the proper funds or not.

Most of you aren't doing this on purpose, but just know that it is a possibility, so don't think your getting away with something or they don't realize that this happens. Bank overdraft fees suck. ^ ^

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So I was suppose to get my $90 cashback yesterday for a purchase I made in October. But it is still pending with a (-1 days left), does anyone know what is going on?[/quote]
I have same issue and it is pissing me off. I tried emailing them.

[quote name='rushisrighton']I have the same issue too, I emailed them also, I guess we wait......[/quote]

Same here. It sucks because this cashback is over a hundred bucks for me. :bomb:

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Is there a phone number we can call? I was hoping to have this money before Christmas.[/quote]

I tried looking for a minute or two and couldn't find it so settled on e-mailing.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So I was suppose to get my $90 cashback yesterday for a purchase I made in October. But it is still pending with a (-1 days left), does anyone know what is going on?[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hope this gets fixed soon!

I have similar issues with two of my eBay purchase cashback being overdue. I already emailed through their web site - I will see if there is any resolution this coming week.

Maybe MS is hoping you won't notice that you're not getting your percentage back. Sort of like those rebate forms that mysteriously never arrive or are deemed incomplete.

[quote name='Telemakhos']Received my XBox 360 Elite from buy.com through Ebay today, but...

... they shipped the thing in its original box. There's a shipping sticker on the box and the ends are all banged up, and the box is mottled with divots from dirt and debris in the Fed Ex truck. Most of the ends are busted up.

I'm not sure what this could mean for the items inside, but I certainly didn't expect buy.com to be this loose with shipping an item of this value. I've received all of my 3D books as of today, and they're all perfect.

Now I know why this one weighed in at 14 lbs, while the previous one sent weighed in at 16 lbs -- no shipping box.

I keep the boxes for all my games as protection, and I keep them nice.

Has anyone else encountered this? How can I best handle this? Refuse it and have them ship another in a box? Maybe say it's a gift???

Grr. Annoyed! :)[/quote]
Wow and I thought it was bad when they shipped my Elite in a box without anything to protect it, it works fine though. The box was in good condition too. My manufacture date was back in January so I didn't get a Jasper but I am not to worried about it red ringing, if it happens it happens.

Just got my $120 cashback from the WII package I bought in mid Oct. It went to and stayed at zero for a few days then to -1 for a few then just now was able to request my cash.

Hang in there guys...

[quote name='mcwilliams132']Just got my $120 cashback from the WII package I bought in mid Oct. It went to and stayed at zero for a few days then to -1 for a few then just now was able to request my cash.

Hang in there guys...[/quote]

Just got mine as well.

Wow...8% is TERRIBLE. I bought a present for my wife a couple weeks ago with 30% and had $75 instant cashback. I went on there again to buy a DS Lite and saw that 8% and was like WTF?! I hope it goes up right after Christmas.

I received $53 the other day from a PSP system and games purchase, and used it to get a Blackberry. I have a few more small ones from the DD sale, to wait on now.

[quote name='Gooter']You think it will go back up to at least 20% or is it done going that high now?[/quote]
It's not possible to predict.

[quote name='Forbesania']It activated for me. Didn't show icon while searching, but it did on the BIN screen.[/quote]Nice :D

[quote name='Forbesania']It activated for me. Didn't show icon while searching, but it did on the BIN screen.[/quote]

Did you do anything special for this? I've tried following the link and it doesn't show up, even on the Buy It Now screens.

For that matter, it's not even showing up when I try to test-buy an AppleCare protection package.

[quote name='Forbesania']^^^Did that work for you? I hope so. Thanks for posting this by the way.[/quote]I have nothing planned to buy, I was just letting people know. ^ ^

[quote name='donburns99']25% cash back is now available.

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=applecare

Now if only it'd actually activate on EBay.[/quote]

Yeah, just go the email, myself.

And got the same result you did.

Going to clear my cache and give it another shot.

Also, just be patient. I'm sure it'll be fine in the morning. Glad I didn't use up my 12 slots with anything less than 25%. Still got about 7 slots left.

Anybody know the 12 uses count for everything? Like, I once had it activated for an order I made at Circuit City got credited for $1.20.:whistle2:(

It's not working for me now but I hope it works in the morning... I could use it.

Did anyone ever figure out if the 20% cashback coupon that Paypal recently sent out could be combined with this? It would sure be nice to double stack two 20% off coupons.

[quote name='Vinny']Anybody know the 12 uses count for everything? Like, I once had it activated for an order I made at Circuit City got credited for $1.20.:whistle2:(

It's not working for me now but I hope it works in the morning... I could use it.[/quote]It's for 12 cash back uses, doesn't matter where.

If the refunds showed up on the cash back website, it counts.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']Did anyone ever figure out if the 20% cashback coupon that Paypal recently sent out could be combined with this? It would sure be nice to double stack two 20% off coupons.[/quote]It would stack.

Is it a public coupon that I somehow missed? Or a coupon you receive randomly and is tied to your paypal email address.

It's a coupon Paypal sent out a week or so ago. It's not instant savings though, it's cashback.

I'm pretty sure I read that it would stack, but I wanted to make sure.

bread's done
Back