BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwerty1']If you dont mind sharing, what did you actually buy, and were all 3 transactions with the same seller?[/quote]

Nope, all three different sellers...

bought a computer system, Xbox Halo edition console with used games and a unlocked cellphone.

Damn it, I know I'm going to get screwed out of some cashback.

I checked eBay and the guy I bought Valkyria Chronicles from has been banned from the site, I guess I dodged a bullet though because soon after buying it from him he started getting tons of negative feedback for not sending games even though I got mine just fine.

I got a good deal on it, but I was hoping for the cashback on it as well. At least the seller I bought the Fallout 3 CE from isn't a scammer...

I know this is the wrong place for this but is anyone with said 20% paypal coupon interested in unloading it? Don't flame me too much LOL

[quote name='justin37']I know this is the wrong place for this but is anyone with said 20% paypal coupon interested in unloading it? Don't flame me too much LOL[/quote]

they're account specific, if you didnt get it you cant use it even if you know the promotional code. Your account has to be flagged for it.

[quote name='silent h3ro']@yukine - was his seller's id filepulse1217? The same thing happened to me too. I bought 4 games from him.[/QUOTE]

Got burned by him too. Oddly I got the first game in record time, but LEFT FOR DEAD never appeared. Filed a claim, got my cash back in 10 days...no problem.

[quote name='yukine']Yup.

Looks like we all bought games from him, I got my game though but now no cashback. :[[/QUOTE]

Me too, got the game but the cashback maybe in jeopardy I guess.

Jesus, did everyone on here buy from filepulse1217? I preordered Prince of Persia from him, but noticed he was banned from eBay before it was even supposed to ship. He had hundreds of positive feedback so I really didn't see this coming.

My complaint w/ PayPal is still pending. I'm a little annoyed with eBay for how this was handled -- once they know they've got a bad egg they should send all recent buyers notification. As is I stumbled upon this because I was leaving feedback for another user but otherwise might not have uncovered it for some time. Once I did figure it out it was still a huge pain figuring out what he did to get banned (you think they'd leave his recent negative feedback up for a while to help his other victims out). Not cool.

Anyway, here's hoping my PayPal dispute goes through without a hitch!

[quote name='dfo']Jesus, did everyone on here buy from filepulse1217? I preordered Prince of Persia from him, but noticed he was banned from eBay before it was even supposed to ship. He had hundreds of positive feedback so I really didn't see this coming.

My complaint w/ PayPal is still pending. I'm a little annoyed with eBay for how this was handled -- once they know they've got a bad egg they should send all recent buyers notification. As is I stumbled upon this because I was leaving feedback for another user but otherwise might not have uncovered it for some time. Once I did figure it out it was still a huge pain figuring out what he did to get banned (you think they'd leave his recent negative feedback up for a while to help his other victims out). Not cool.

Anyway, here's hoping my PayPal dispute goes through without a hitch![/QUOTE]

I was able to get Resistance 2 from him cheap, before he started scamming everyone.

Received my XBox 360 Elite from buy.com through Ebay today, but...

... they shipped the thing in its original box. There's a shipping sticker on the box and the ends are all banged up, and the box is mottled with divots from dirt and debris in the Fed Ex truck. Most of the ends are busted up.

I'm not sure what this could mean for the items inside, but I certainly didn't expect buy.com to be this loose with shipping an item of this value. I've received all of my 3D books as of today, and they're all perfect.

Now I know why this one weighed in at 14 lbs, while the previous one sent weighed in at 16 lbs -- no shipping box.

I keep the boxes for all my games as protection, and I keep them nice.

Has anyone else encountered this? How can I best handle this? Refuse it and have them ship another in a box? Maybe say it's a gift???

Grr. Annoyed! :)

[quote name='Telemakhos']Received my XBox 360 Elite from buy.com through Ebay today, but...

... they shipped the thing in its original box. There's a shipping sticker on the box and the ends are all banged up, and the box is mottled with divots from dirt and debris in the Fed Ex truck. Most of the ends are busted up.

I'm not sure what this could mean for the items inside, but I certainly didn't expect buy.com to be this loose with shipping an item of this value. I've received all of my 3D books as of today, and they're all perfect.

Now I know why this one weighed in at 14 lbs, while the previous one sent weighed in at 16 lbs -- no shipping box.

Has anyone else encountered this? How can I best handle this? Refuse it and have them ship another in a box? Maybe say it's a gift???

Grr. Annoyed! :)[/quote]

WHAT?! Now I don't feel so bad for them taking 3 days to ship my live gold card.

[quote name='Telemakhos']Received my XBox 360 Elite from buy.com through Ebay today, but...

Grr. Annoyed! :)[/quote]

I'd just stay clear of buy.com from now on. I used to purchase something every other week from them and never encountered a problem a few years back. The past 5 orders from them have been horrible though. 3 of the items I ordered arrived in almost no packaging at all, so I received my packaged crushed and damaged. The items themself still worked, so I thought nothing of it. I ran into two problems in the past three week with orders and tried contacting their customer service...only to find they don't believe in customer service. Their idea of customer service is to ignore your problem altogether, and send you responses that have nothing to do with your problems. I don't know what happened to them, but it is like they are trying to go out of business on purpose...and I hope they do. Their lack of customer service did it for me, I won't do business with a company that refuses to help when they screw up. I'd just keep the system as long as it works and deal with it personally.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I'd just stay clear of buy.com from now on. I used to purchase something every other week from them and never encountered a problem a few years back. The past 5 orders from them have been horrible though. 3 of the items I ordered arrived in almost no packaging at all, so I received my packaged crushed and damaged. The items themself still worked, so I thought nothing of it. I ran into two problems in the past three week with orders and tried contacting their customer service...only to find they don't believe in customer service. Their idea of customer service is to ignore your problem altogether, and send you responses that have nothing to do with your problems. I don't know what happened to them, but it is like they are trying to go out of business on purpose...and I hope they do. Their lack of customer service did it for me, I won't do business with a company that refuses to help when they screw up. I'd just keep the system as long as it works and deal with it personally.[/quote]

I'm calling them tonight regarding taking the package back and sending a new one properly packaged.

You're right regarding the emails that don't apply to your situation. I tried calling their area code 949 Ebay division number and never get a live rep. Just a message saying to leave a number, your ebay handle and a detailed description. The other option was to send an email to a generic email address, and I received an email back saying some bs about checking PayPal and taking 6 steps to see the price I'd been charged. I let them know the 5% coupon was not applied and no answer for two days, now....

I've never had a problem with buy.com till now and can't accept at $400 item in this packaged condition. If I were to attempt to sell the Elite in its original package, who would buy it? I know I wouldn't. It seems like it's been through hell -- and probably has.

(Now with my luck, I'm probably returning a Jasper! ;) Is there a way to tell from the serial number if it's a Jasper?

[quote name='Telemakhos']I'm calling them tonight regarding taking the package back and sending a new one properly packaged.

You're right regarding the emails that don't apply to your situation. I tried calling their area code 949 Ebay division number and never get a live rep. Just a message saying to leave a number, your ebay handle and a detailed description. The other option was to send an email to a generic email address, and I received an email back saying some bs about checking PayPal and taking 6 steps to see the price I'd been charged. I let them know the 5% coupon was not applied and no answer for two days, now....

I've never had a problem with buy.com till now and can't accept at $400 item in this packaged condition. If I were to attempt to sell the Elite in its original package, who would buy it? I know I wouldn't. It seems like it's been through hell -- and probably has.

(Now with my luck, I'm probably returning a Jasper! ;) Is there a way to tell from the serial number if it's a Jasper?[/quote]
Jasper Elite?

So far no one has ever reported a Jasper Elite in the 360 database. Only Arcade model so far. One way is to tell is check the manufacturer date which can be seen in the little window on the top of the box (you will have to finger the console up or down a little in order to see it). If it is made before November, it won't be a Jasper. If it's made November, it may still be a Falcon. The only sure way to tell is open it up and check if the console is rated at 12.1A (Jasper) or if the power brick is 150W. Good luck. It is very, very likely to be a Falcon (still not bad at all).

[quote name='eau']Jasper Elite?

So far no one has ever reported a Jasper Elite in the 360 database. Only Arcade model so far. One way is to tell is check the manufacturer date which can be seen in the little window on the top of the box (you will have to finger the console up or down a little in order to see it). If it is made before November, it won't be a Jasper. If it's made November, it may still be a Falcon. The only sure way to tell is open it up and check if the console is rated at 12.1A (Jasper) or if the power brick is 150W. Good luck. It is very, very likely to be a Falcon (still not bad at all).[/quote]

Checked the date. It's 10-22-2008. Just short a few days.

[quote name='pesater']UPDATE: IT'S 20% now with keyword OVERSTOCK ELECTRONICS[/quote]

It does state 20% when you search using that term however after I clicked on the link at the top, the ebay page doesn't have the cashback icon in the upper left nor does it state you are eligible for cashback if you click on a buy it now link. Odd...

[quote name='Gooter']It does state 20% when you search using that term however after I clicked on the link at the top, the ebay page doesn't have the cashback icon in the upper left nor does it state you are eligible for cashback if you click on a buy it now link. Odd...[/QUOTE]

I see it, keep your fingers crossed for 30%

[quote name='Gooter']It does state 20% when you search using that term however after I clicked on the link at the top, the ebay page doesn't have the cashback icon in the upper left nor does it state you are eligible for cashback if you click on a buy it now link. Odd...[/quote]

8% link isn't working for me either. Wait a while and try again. That's what I had to do when it was 30%. :roll:

Anyone have any confirmation that this is def 20%? It shows it at the top of the site for me right now but I do not want to make a purchase if its only going to say 8% after I click BIN.

[quote name='DomLando']Anyone have any confirmation that this is def 20%? It shows it at the top of the site for me right now but I do not want to make a purchase if its only going to say 8% after I click BIN.[/quote]I can confirm it's 20% off, I spent $220 and received $44.00.

It tells you the % off before you confirm, there is an additional confirmation screen.

I also read over EBay and Microsoft's TOS. Searching for one thing on Live.com and buying another on EBay.com is fully legit, as long as the item has the cashback icon next to it's listing name link on EBay. Which all the BINs pretty much do.

Let's not get too crazy now and start buying all sorts of crap just because it got bumped back to 20%. I'm holding out until they raise it a little more, to ~25%. If everyone starts using this like crazy again, Microsoft's just going to knock it back down.

[quote name='Gooter']It does state 20% when you search using that term however after I clicked on the link at the top, the ebay page doesn't have the cashback icon in the upper left nor does it state you are eligible for cashback if you click on a buy it now link. Odd...[/quote]

nevermind, i see it now too. thanks! oh decisions, decisions... take 20% now or hold out for more!! LOL

[quote name='Gooter']nevermind, i see it now too. thanks! oh decisions, decisions... take 20% now or hold out for more!! LOL[/quote]
I had the same thoughts earlier.

But granted the fact I'd only save $11 if it went up to 25% and more importantly the fact that once sellers notice the discount is now 20%, they will probably be raising their prices again, I opted to buy now and not worry about waiting any longer.

Ah, was just wondering if this jumped back up a little. 20% is not bad, but it is hard to choose between using that and holding out for more. I can't imagine they can afford to keep bumping it up to 25-35%... I know Microsoft and Ebay have a ton of cash, but damn!

I was just going to buy something for 1850.00 and its still says 8% for me and it says that I will get 148 back not 200. did it go back down cause everyone this morning said it went back to 20%

[quote name='jrrab']I was just going to buy something for 1850.00 and its still says 8% for me and it says that I will get 148 back not 200. did it go back down cause everyone this morning said it went back to 20%[/quote]
You need to click a 20% link off live.com.

Currently only one search terms give 20%.

1. overstock electronics

There was a 2nd search term earlier... overstock shoes I think, but it's now back to 8%. Which means, it's possible the link above will also go back to 8% before long.

[quote name='donburns99']Which means, it's possible the link above will also go back to 8% before long.[/quote]Well I'll be damned, the 20% discount is gone now, back to 8%.

I have a question, i clicked buy it now but haven't paid for it with paypal yet. Does the paypal transaction have to be within 60 minutes or do I have to click on buy it now within 60 minutes of the session starting? Please let me know, i think i made a boo boo :(

"eBay is the official time keeper for determining whether your purchase is made within 60 minutes of the time you initiate an online session."

[quote name='ra1337']I have a question, i clicked buy it now but haven't paid for it with paypal yet. Does the paypal transaction have to be within 60 minutes or do I have to click on buy it now within 60 minutes of the session starting? Please let me know, i think i made a boo boo :(

"eBay is the official time keeper for determining whether your purchase is made within 60 minutes of the time you initiate an online session."[/quote]
I believe you only have to buy it now within 60 minutes.

You can pay later, but don't wait too long.

By what you quoted, you have to PURCHASE it within 60 minutes.

When you pay with PayPal, you will see the Cashback amount you receive multiple times BEFORE confirming the payment. I believe they showed me it 2-4 times on EBay alone, then 2-3 more times on PayPal.

Well I won't be able to pay till monday lol. Ooops =\ I'm going to miss thos $45. But if i can pay later that would be awesome since I already confirmed the order. I emailed livesearch about this a few moments back, we'll see what they respond with.

[quote name='NegativeZero']thank you, i guess it all depends on your search term,[/quote]No problem, you can also check CashBackr for the latest search terms and percents and even sign up to be automatically alerted when the percent changes. :bouncy:

[quote name='ra1337']Well I won't be able to pay till monday lol. Ooops =\ I'm going to miss thos $45. But if i can pay later that would be awesome since I already confirmed the order. I emailed livesearch about this a few moments back, we'll see what they respond with.[/quote]I'd say you're fine, but be sure to mail the seller and tell them when you'll be paying. Most expect payment within 48 hours and prefer immediate payment. xD

bread's done
Back