BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xnonfactor']How often does Microsoft pull out the 30% cashback? Are we talking once a year, twice a year, once in a blue moon?[/quote]
Live cashback hasn't been going on long enough for people to make accurate guesses.

Snapped up a sealed copy of Warhawk w/ the headset (PS3) for $24 shipped.

I'm not allowing myself on eBay anymore! This deal is killing me!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I wonder if there's a decent desktop computer on Ebay. Looking for something for some moderate to awesome gaming.[/quote]
There are usally good deals on Alienware
biggrin.gif

[quote name='xnonfactor']How often does Microsoft pull out the 30% cashback? Are we talking once a year, twice a year, once in a blue moon?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing. The first time I missed the 30% off. Now, I planned all my purchases for today and it drops down to 20%... why couldn't my paycheck have come earlier?!?!?!

[quote name='c3r1h5']I'm wondering the same thing. The first time I missed the 30% off. Now, I planned all my purchases for today and it drops down to 20%... why couldn't my paycheck have come earlier?!?!?![/quote]

The beauty of credit cards and will power

[quote name='lolmister']The gold coin that says I got 20% off isn't showing even though I clicked on the link. Will I still get the discount?[/quote]

Its showing for me. I don't think you will get the discount unless it shows up.

Sort of pissed I missed the %30 but I was reinstalling Windows pretty much all Sunday and the auction was listed on Sunday. Guess I was only out $3.60, can live with that for the awesome price I got on that auction anyways.

of course i had no idea what to get while it was 30%...suddenly discovered I would give ipods another try and get a 2nd gen touch and now its down to 20%....it was $233 - $46 back so $187 after cashback...plus I had $70 in paypal account so only $117 out of pocket....

picked up speaker stands and socom w headset @30% and an 8GB SD for my incoming G1 @20%...

trying to decide if I should snag Resistance 2, Gears 2, and Fallout 3... or wait for gamestop used coupons.

Wow, I'm new to this so let me see if I understand this correctly. As long as I see the gold coin with the mini-green banner and "Buy It Now with PayPal and you may
get cashback." near the upper left corner before I click "Buy It Now" then I should be good?

[quote name='gryphter']wow, that is a good deal. so good that I grabbed one! After the cashback, comes to $368[/QUOTE]
Darn it, just after I got tired of checking eBay over and over for this one. :( Hopefully another good BIN on the BC PS3 comes by, even with just the 20% off...

[quote name='distgfx']Wow, I'm new to this so let me see if I understand this correctly. As long as I see the gold coin with the mini-green banner and "Buy It Now with PayPal and you may
get cashback." near the upper left corner before I click "Buy It Now" then I should be good?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and to verify, once you click buy it now you will go to the review order screen and it will tell how much you will get back.

[quote name='tayaf69']Yes, and to verify, once you click buy it now you will go to the review order screen and it will tell how much you will get back.[/quote]

Very nice, thanks for the verification, if only I knew about this sooner #-o

!!

I took advantage of this back in July and got $244.98 cashback. I cashed the money out in September, but today I got an email saying I have more cashback. I logged into my cashback account, and it said I have $244.98 pending. It glitched or something and is going to double pay me.

Did this happen to anyone else?

[quote name='GuardianE']I just sold my PSEye the other day, completely new with a bonus stand and playmat for $21.50+$5 shipping. I think you can hold off.[/quote]

Where did you sell it? Auction or Buy it now? This one will only cost me $ 22.50 ($ 27.99 - 20% Cash back and free shipping), which is cheaper than yours.

Edit: I missed it, it's gone now.

[quote name='Cheadyp']!!

I took advantage of this back in July and got $244.98 cashback. I cashed the money out in September, but today I got an email saying I have more cashback. I logged into my cashback account, and it said I have $244.98 pending. It glitched or something and is going to double pay me.

Did this happen to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this happened to me, but about half an hour ago I received an e-mail telling me the duplicate was canceled. Would have been nice to get an extra $72 though :\.

just picked up a $200 itunes card to go along with my new ipod touch 2nd gen...it was $90....$72 after cashback...I doubt I'll purchase and movies or shows (maybe a song or two but I doubt that also) but $200 can buy a shitload of apps n games.....

[quote name='Schwowsers']You're right, I just got a 30% link too[/QUOTE]

same, but for the first search i got 20%. did a few more searches and it came up as 30%...

damn i just bought something for 20% earlier today.

It looks like it's back up to 30% for now. I just picked up a new 80 gig PS3 for $290. :) Over $100 off and $200 cheaper than my MGS4 bundle. I can handle losing PS2 compatibility for the savings. BTW, I missed out on an auction for $20 cheaper because I waited. It was literally 2 minutes between the time I saw the PS3 (also new and listed at $399) and the time it disappeared. So if you see a good deal, jump on it.

i just bought Xbox 360 Elite System for $300 plus $15 for shipping. With the 30% cashback i get $90 back which means i got it for $225. Is $225 for an Xbox 360 Elite in excellent condition a good deal? he also said that he'll throw in a free plug and play kit and 8 months of Xbox live gold cards.

[quote name='nightwarrior']i just bought Xbox 360 Elite System for $300 plus $15 for shipping. With the 30% cashback i get $90 back which means i got it for $225. Is $225 for an Xbox 360 Elite in excellent condition a good deal? he also said that he'll throw in a free plug and play kit and 8 months of Xbox live gold cards.[/QUOTE]

new?

i scored a new elite bundle with the kung fu panda and lego indy pack-ins a couple nights ago when it was only 20% off. it was $370 shipped before the promo, so it was $296 when all was said and done. i figured the percentage wouldn't jump back up, and i hadn't seen any of the new bundles, so i bit.

if yours is new, i'd say you got a really good deal.

[quote name='misbitski']new?

i scored a new elite bundle with the kung fu panda and lego indy pack-ins a couple nights ago when it was only 20% off. it was $370 shipped before the promo, so it was $296 when all was said and done. i figured the percentage wouldn't jump back up, and i hadn't seen any of the new bundles, so i bit.

if yours is new, i'd say you got a really good deal.[/quote]

It used but he said that it is in excellent condition and like brand new. he also said that he has some live arcade game in it and 20 themes.

Thanks, OP! Just scored a BRAND NEW Xbox 360 Elite for $369 with free shipping. The cash back I'm to receive will be a nice $110.70! I'll just use that to buy a PSP whenever I get it into my PayPal account.

Yeah. It's back up.

Can we create new paypal accounts to take advantage of the deal? Or do accounts need to be of a certain age before they'll work? Any *really* good flippable items out there?

I picked up a new 80 GB PS3 for $250 after cashback and a couple of extra sixaxis controllers (I'll use the one DS, everyone else can use a sixaxis) for $30 after cashback. Now to pick up LBP, wipeout HD, and bionic commando rearmed :)

bread's done
Back