BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwerty1']they are the same, if you already have a live acct for some reason, like MSN, the only thing you have to do is add in some additional information, namely an address and paypal account for depositing the money.[/quote]

Right, that's what I was talking about. Ebay refers to it as a "Microsoft cashback account". I didn't have one so I had to make one.. the original post doesn't include this data.

[quote name='misbitski']I bought a bunch of games from one seller. The quantity for the auction is irrelevant, but if it's a different auction for each item, each one counts as one towards the total cashback offers.

To put it another way, I bought 2 Fable 2 LEs, 2 Fallout 3 CEs, and 1 Resistance 2 CE. That counted as three cashback offers, even though the seller invoiced me all at once.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I got the seller to lot all the items up into one auction, so I only had to go through one of my uses.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']I didn't expect an instant fix. For my first problem I got the automated response saying someone would respond within 24 and 2 weeks later there was nothing so I emailed again.

My second problem the guy replied and said it would be fixed in a few days, 2 weeks later nothing so I emailed again- as advised by the assistant. He now responds saying it can take up to a month which I'm fine with.

I'm not expecting the best CS when they are pretty much just giving money away but being acknowledged and given a correct time frame is really not too much to ask for. I bent over backwards to help people with tiny to large problems at my old job and put my %100 of my effort into any of them. Not everyone had proper assistance like you did so don't go act all high and mighty.[/quote]

when the origonal CS responded did they not include a direct link for reply?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Right, that's what I was talking about. Ebay refers to it as a "Microsoft cashback account". I didn't have one so I had to make one.. the original post doesn't include this data.[/quote]

...it does, again a live account and cashback acct are one in the same. Since most people will probably already have a live account, either through MSN, MSN messanger, Xbox etc.. i dont see why i should create confusion by calling it a "Cashback account" when its infact an extension of a live account. That would make people think they'd need to create a new account, which is false, so for the sake of causing as little confusion as possible its termed live account. As i said if you simply followed the instructions you would of realized this. Using the promotional link takes you to ebay, on ebay you make a purchase, ebay then sends you a message with a link, you click the link and you are taken to the live cashback page where you login or create then login a Microsoft live account. I dont think im spinning riddles with my words here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwerty1']when the origonal CS responded did they not include a direct link for reply?

...it does, again a live account and cashback acct are one in the same. Since most people will probably already have a live account, either through MSN, MSN messanger, Xbox etc.. i dont see why i should create confusion by calling it a "Cashback account" when its infact an extension of a live account. That would make people think they'd need to create a new account, which is false, so for the sake of causing as little confusion as possible its termed live account. As i said if you simply followed the instructions you would of realized this. Using the promotional link takes you to ebay, on ebay you make a purchase, ebay then sends you a message with a link, you click the link and you are taken to the live cashback page where you login or create then login a Microsoft live account. I dont think im spinning riddles with my words here.[/quote]

What are you having difficulty understanding? The cashback account is a seperate thing you need to sign up for to get your rebates. I didn't have one, so when I bought my item though ebay, I had to add a cashback account to my pre-existing live account. This was not included in your original post so I had to go elsewhere to figure out how to do it.

WTH. My account says 0 days left on an item I purchased a month ago. Is this a glitch, or are they canceling the promo on me?

I emailed a CS rep, and they still haven't replied (3 days).

[quote name='Edgeworth']WTH. My account says 0 days left on an item I purchased a month ago. Is this a glitch, or are they canceling the promo on me?

I emailed a CS rep, and they still haven't replied (3 days).[/quote]

i talked to them yesterday though the chat feature online. they said it was a glitch in the system because they changed the interface and we don't have to worry about it and that they are going to be fixing it soon

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']i talked to them yesterday though the chat feature online. they said it was a glitch in the system because they changed the interface and we don't have to worry about it and that they are going to be fixing it soon[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply man. That's a relief, since I have $200 coming in....:lol:

[quote name='Edgeworth']Thanks for the reply man. That's a relief, since I have $200 coming in....:lol:[/quote]

no problem.. and i was worried about 20 bucks :p

I just got the message saying i got cashback and i clicked the get cash back button and signed into my live account (hotmail account) but everything says $0.00 I assume it shows up after a couple of hours?

[quote name='jchen']I just got the message saying i got cashback and i clicked the get cash back button and signed into my live account (hotmail account) but everything says $0.00 I assume it shows up after a couple of hours?[/quote]
couple of hours to a couple of days.

[quote name='PhrostByte']What are you having difficulty understanding? [/quote]

excuse me but im not the one having a problem understanding here.

Well, I found a 60 gig PS3 for $330, with the total coming to ~$265 after cashback.

The bad news? After purchasing the item, when I went to pay for it, PayPal would not let me select my credit card as a form of payment. After calling their tech support 5 times, I finally talked to a supervisor who said their system sometimes flags transactions as high risk and that there was no way for them to override the system, even though I've had my Paypal account for 4+ years now.

Needless to say, I'm pretty ticked about the whole situation, but there's not much I can do. I plan on writing a nasty e-mail to them, but I'm not naive enough to think it will make a difference.

Sigh, I was so close to finally pulling the trigger on a PS3. Now I've pretty much resigned myself to waiting it out a little while longer.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']i talked to them yesterday though the chat feature online. they said it was a glitch in the system because they changed the interface and we don't have to worry about it and that they are going to be fixing it soon[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm a bit surprised it's taking them this long.
But I'm glad somebody was able to get some clarification.
I'd be pi$$ed if they dropped the ball on my $175.

I sure wish they would up the purchases from 12 t o18.
I'm finding some good blu ray prices.

[quote name='Cloggerdude']The bad news? After purchasing the item, when I went to pay for it, PayPal would not let me select my credit card as a form of payment. After calling their tech support 5 times, I finally talked to a supervisor who said their system sometimes flags transactions as high risk and that there was no way for them to override the system, even though I've had my Paypal account for 4+ years now.

Needless to say, I'm pretty ticked about the whole situation, but there's not much I can do. I plan on writing a nasty e-mail to them, but I'm not naive enough to think it will make a difference.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting because I was able to buy several $300 and higher items with my account. Paypal is lame.

I've used this about 8 times flawlessly. Now when I click on the link and go to ebay none of the BIN auctions are showing the Cashback discount. WTF???

Snagged a Nikon D40 kit with the 18-55mm lens, a 55-200mm VR lens, extra battery, and a memory card for $420 after live cash back. I'm super geeked. I love this camera, can't wait until it gets here.

This live cashback crap is making me want to shop.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Anyone know when these will expire?[/quote]

No one knows, MS could pull the plug on this deal entirely or drop (or raise) the percentage rebate at any point. Or it could run through Christmas or even longer. There's no way to know.

[quote name='dfo']No one knows, MS could pull the plug on this deal entirely or drop (or raise) the percentage rebate at any point. Or it could run through Christmas or even longer. There's no way to know.[/quote]

Ok. I already spend a bunch of cash as a result of this sale so I need to slow down... I still need to get some cheap MS points though....

No one answered my question so I guess it must be my account. Does anyone know if once you max your uses account how to start over? Do you need to create a new ebay account and cashback account? Can that be done without creating a new Paypal account?

[quote name='rarebucky']Does anyone know if once you max your uses account how to start over?[/quote]

You dont. Its a per user/account limitation. You cant just hit the reset button. If you have a family member you can use their credentials but thats pretty much the only legit way.

[quote name='Wario64']is anyone else's cashback saying pending 0 days?[/quote]

yup and i have no idea why b/c those were recent purchases...i wanna email em but i'm too lazy

[quote name='qwerty1']You dont. Its a per user/account limitation. You cant just hit the reset button. If you have a family member you can use their credentials but thats pretty much the only legit way.[/QUOTE]

I know that. My question was - can I create a new ebay and Live account but still link them to my current Paypal account so that I can get a fresh 12 uses?

[quote name='rarebucky']I know that. My question was - can I create a new ebay and Live account but still link them to my current Paypal account so that I can get a fresh 12 uses?[/quote]

I doubt that would fly, plus you risk losing all off your cashback. They are being very generous with this and I can't imagine them just letting anyone scam them to hell and back without taking action. not to mention, you risk the possibility of ruining this for everyone. Just create new accounts for everything.

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']yup and i have no idea why b/c those were recent purchases...i wanna email em but i'm too lazy[/QUOTE]

You guys dont think this means that the deal is over do you? I was just about to bite on this deal for 2 new DS Lites for Christmas.

[quote name='MSI Magus']You guys dont think this means that the deal is over do you? I was just about to bite on this deal for 2 new DS Lites for Christmas.[/quote]
no its a glitch

I made 7 purchases using this today, so it still works. Saved a total of about $130. All the items were bought new, not used.

I bought the xbox arcade bundle (no hard drive), a 60gb HD, an extra wirless controller, a wireless adapter, one year of xbox live, 4000 MS points.
all that would be like $560 at like Amazon, the ebay prices with shipping came to $460, and I got it all for $345.

Oh, and I got Gears of War 2 new for $35 instead of $60.

Darn specials...the temptation was to much and I got me a 360. Saved 50 dollars though :D Then got me a hard-drive and saved 25 more. Now to limit myself...if only Guitar Hero: World Tour wasn't put as if people trying to steal you (300 dollars for the complete bundle for Wii when the game is suppose to be 189 O_O)

I'll be getting a brand new TV, MSRP $800 (doesn't sell for that much anymore because of the economy), for ~ $480. Okay, but really - I need to stop spending money. This is my last purchase.

Real excited, though. One of the best 32" LCDs out there. I wanted to wait awhile, but my TV is going to hell and I wanted to take advantage of this deal.

[quote name='qwerty1']You dont. Its a per user/account limitation. You cant just hit the reset button. If you have a family member you can use their credentials but thats pretty much the only legit way.[/QUOTE]

No, you can create multiple ebay accounts to keep doing the deal. The Live and Paypal accounts can be the same unless they've changed something very recently. I have 4 different ebay accounts all paid out of the same paypal account, and all flowing into the same Live account.

Also, don't forget to STACK this other website to save even moar money (like a couple bucks on a full price game).

http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/landing.do?r=jbh545&s=32201

Just do the live search to get the cashback icon showing up, then go to bigcrumbs, click through to ebay, and make your purchase. You'll still get the live cashback, but you'll get bigcrumbs credit as well, which is 1/3 of the seller fee. MAKE SURE that the cashback banner is still showing when you make your purchase. You shouldn't have any problems if you do things in this order...I've made probably 20-30 purchases where I've gotten both live cashback and bigcrumbs money.

[quote name='JCDenton']No, you can create multiple ebay accounts to keep doing the deal.[/quote]

Certainly good to know. I'll bet you the cashback cap of $2400 per person applies though and doesnt reset for each ebay acct. Still great savings.

any one know if international items are included? Like from Japan, China, Europe, Canada etc?

if i buy something from any of those places , I'm still eligible to get cash back right?

also, if it's a BIN/best offer auction and I use buy it now, it still counts as BIN right?

TIA.

[quote name='NegativeZero']any one know if international items are included? Like from Japan, China, Europe, Canada etc?

if i buy something from any of those places , I'm still eligible to get cash back right?

also, if it's a BIN/best offer auction and I use buy it now, it still counts as BIN right?

TIA.[/quote]

I bought something from a seller in Japan and got cashback. HOWEVER, I do not know if this is valid for regional eBay sites. In other words, if you bought something from, say, eBay Canada (ebay.ca), I don't know if this applies.

The item I bought was listed on eBay.com but was shipped from Japan. Not sure if that is what you're asking.

[quote name='NegativeZero']any one know if international items are included? Like from Japan, China, Europe, Canada etc?

I bought a Rachet and Clank: quest for Booty BluRay and it shipped from Hong Kong and I was eligible.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I bought something from a seller in Japan and got cashback. HOWEVER, I do not know if this is valid for regional eBay sites. In other words, if you bought something from, say, eBay Canada (ebay.ca), I don't know if this applies.

The item I bought was listed on eBay.com but was shipped from Japan. Not sure if that is what you're asking.[/quote]

I, on the other hand, was unable to get the deal for an item with canadian seller on eBay.com (not sure what the distinction was), but it notifies you during the checkout process if the discount won't apply so just pay attention as you are checking out and you'll be fine.

TIA.[/quote]

BIN only. Best offers don't count. Only ebay.com and ebaymotors.com auctions count.

ebay.co.uk, ebay.ca, ebay.de, ebay.fr don't count.

bread's done
Back