BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't think this applies for everyone.. just the people who received the eBay message about it.[/quote]

Correct, the code only works if ebay sent it to you. You may notice it will accept it at first, but once you log into paypal to actually checkout, it will come up as invalid. This prevents selling/trading/sharing.

[quote name='adawg555']You mean they already sent you the money, or they just put it up to process right away?[/QUOTE]

I got an email a few minutes later and checked my Paypal account....they deposited it right into my Paypal account.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I got an email a few minutes later and checked my Paypal account....they deposited it right into my Paypal account.[/QUOTE]

Thats weird. Have they done this with anyone else?

[quote name='adawg555']Thats weird. Have they done this with anyone else?[/quote]

Actually, it turns out the same thing happened to something I bought yesterday on eBay. I got that message but thought that it would show up somewhere on my cashback page and it didn't. I just checked my PayPal account right now and my cashback is there.

EDIT: Nevermind, it was automatically put in the "Rewarded" section of the cashback. I was only looking at pending.

I just got my cashback instantly just now. On the ebay checkout screen it said "Your Microsoft cashback is in your PayPal account just waiting for you." And it really was there

[quote name='Cheadyp']I just got my cashback instantly just now. On the ebay checkout screen it said "Your Microsoft cashback is in your PayPal account just waiting for you." And it really was there[/quote]

thats quite strange how it is doing that for some people. there has to be some variable that allows that...no idea how were gonna figure out what it is tho.

I can confirm the instant cashback at eBay to the Paypal account. I just ordered Gears 2 last night, and the credit was instantaneous after I paid. The credit was also shown as "Rewarded" instead of "Pending" under my Cashback account on Live.

Not too shabby for me as I missed the CC 1600 points gift deal with Gears 2, especially I want to loose my $10 GC at that time. Last night I essentially got the same deal with Gears 2 by spending

[quote name='hillon']I can confirm the instant cashback at eBay to the Paypal account. I just ordered Gears 2 last night, and the credit was instantaneous after I paid. The credit was also shown as "Rewarded" instead of "Pending" under my Cashback account on Live.
[/quote]

Ditto, can also confirm the instant cashback.

Watch out for issues that can complicate your transaction, especially when combined with idiot sellers. I bought two Wii Points cards, and the seller refunded me shipping since he emailed me the codes. I asked him to make sure he sent the refund as a separate transaction so as not to screw up my cashback, but he sent it as a paypal "partial refund" anyway.

I did get the cashback instantly, but I'm pretty sure it's going to vanish.

Just bought a DS Lite for $115 with my 10% coupon I received in my e-mail and got all signed up to get $29 cash back. That's a $85 DS Lite. Cheaper than trading in my phat DS in at Gamestop which I can now gift to my girlfriend. Sweet deal.

[quote name='joshr915']Correct, the code only works if ebay sent it to you. You may notice it will accept it at first, but once you log into paypal to actually checkout, it will come up as invalid. This prevents selling/trading/sharing.[/quote]

WHOA! Just a heads up to go ahead and try CHOLIDAYNOV2008 in your checkout. I do not have the discount in my messages, but the 10% went through without a hitch. My Paypal account shows payment in full to the seller, while I only paid 90% of the total price. Anybody else try this?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Code valid until the 28th? I hope I get one.

I got the previous 10% off, so I know at least my settings are right.[/quote]

Good luck. Not sure what the odds are off getting the 10% coupon for back to back months. I got one in June and didn't get another until October.

[quote name='Forbesania']WHOA! Just a heads up to go ahead and try CHOLIDAYNOV2008 in your checkout. I do not have the discount in my messages, but the 10% went through without a hitch. My Paypal account shows payment in full to the seller, while I only paid 90% of the total price. Anybody else try this?[/quote]

:whistle2:k

No but I will! Saints Row 2 here I come... too bad I haven't sold my 12 month card yet. :(

Wait. Is this over right now? I had it working for my last night, but didn't actually go through the buying process as it was late. Now it seems I don't get the link at the top of the page when I search for stuff.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Wait. Is this over right now? I had it working for my last night, but didn't actually go through the buying process as it was late. Now it seems I don't get the link at the top of the page when I search for stuff.[/quote]

Each session is good for an hour. Go through the OP's link and get back to eBay from live search.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Each session is good for an hour. Go through the OP's link and get back to eBay from live search.[/quote]
I'm going from my computer at work. It should be totally new...

Edit: Got it to work. Had to sign in to Live first (which I didn't have to do last night but whatever).

My once-trusty tube TV just broke the other day, so I just ordered this morning a Samsung LN32A450 to replace it via this deal and, yes, I got instant Cashback! I checked my Paypal account and there it is! Don't know if it's a mistake or not, but I'm going to withdraw the money immediately just to make sure they don't take it back! End result, brand new LN32A450 for $464.25 shipped from an authorized dealer I've purchased from before (albeit never before from ebay), that including instant cashback ($619 before). Wow!

[quote name='silent h3ro']Wow some of you guys are getting extremely lucky with instant cashback. I'm having terrible luck lately and just got scammed on eBay so now I'm out $425.[/quote]

What did you get scammed on? I've noticed an increase in fraudlent PS3 auctions if that's what you are referring to.

$425 actually sounds about right to cover a backwards compatible PS3. I'm in the market myself. What was the modus operandi, name, location, email of the seller? I'm having a hard time finding a competitive price that isn't a scam. What has happened to eBay?

The seller made two accounts, I'm almost positive, within a day of each other. Both had zero feedback but the price, description, and the account's ID verification is what made me feel safe. You can usually easy spot a scam on eBay and this one should have been more obvious. Both accounts were from East Massachusetts.

[quote name='OneWingedAngeI']how are you out $425? what about the buyer protection policy?[/quote]Yeah well I have to wait a few more days until I can report it. You're suppossed to wait to see if the seller ships the item, but it's obvious to me that nothing is going to happen. I'm a little worried about the buyer protection because I heard some scammed buyers on eBay have been unable to get the full price back for whatever reason on PayPal's part. I just hope I can get the full amount back. The part that sucks is waiting just to start a report who knows how long it will take to get the money back.

silent h3ro, I can't thank you enough. There was a listing I was interested in that fits the MO you described, and the son of a bitch is located in eastern Massachusetts. Something didn't smell right so I decided to look into it further. eBay's Live Help told me that members with zero feedback that have ID verification are "perfectly safe" and that the "buyer is completely protected" from fraud.

What eBay Live Help doesn't know, is that I always do whatever is the opposite of their recommendation because they are often uninformed, obtuse, and frequently wrong. I'm glad I saw your post on here. Good luck in the good fight that's about to come.

By the by, do you have the link for the auction? I've been going around reporting PS3 auctions that are scams, and I'd like to take a look at this one.

[quote name='silent h3ro']The seller made two accounts, I'm almost positive, within a day of each other. Both had zero feedback but the price, description, and the account's ID verification is what made me feel safe. You can usually easy spot a scam on eBay and this one should have been more obvious. Both accounts were from East Massachusetts.[/quote]

I bought a too good to be true bundle on eBay MGS PS3 80GB system sealed for $350. I knew I was taking a gamble and plunged anyways. (Item #220317126119) AGAIN, this seller is ALSO from Eastern MA...

Seller had 10 systems that sold quick - my boyfriend & I decided to give it a shot to see what happens. Payment was sent and now 24 hour later the payment has YET to be claimed (sent to a [email protected]) nor any contact from the seller. I'm a Powerseller so atleast I can call eBay if shit hits the fan but even then who knows what they will pull.

Darn cashback!!

lostdecoy, that is the auction I'm referring to. It's been reported. The fact that the funds are unclaimed could mean several scenarios are playing out. One of these is that Paypal has temporarily suspended transactions pending an investigation. Cancel your unclaimed funds immediately as Paypal will only reimburse you for $200. If you do a chargeback on your credit card, Paypal will retaliate against you.

Come on people, 0 feedback? Definitely be weary of people with 0 feedback who offer "too good to be true" prices.

Always use a credit card to pay, even if PayPal will most likely cover you.

My bro got scammed on Gears 2 by a seller who built his feedback by buying 1 cent or low price items. He was able to get his money back in full from PayPal.

Yea it was a stupid moment for us last night debating on that auction - once I saw the payment was unclaimed and the e-mail address it was written on the wall.

Once you mentioned MA I double checked which region the seller was from and sure enough - that town was Eastern MA.

I canceled my payment and am having my boyfriend do the same. We didn't really NEED to both get PS3's so not the worse thing in the world...atleast we have our money back! I backed my payment up with my Amex gold card JUST in case since when it comes to resolution disputes they're the best.

Thanks for the information guys! Keep us posted on your resolution silent h3ro - I hope eBay/Paypal doesn't completely screw you :(

What's sad is that is likely that that neither eBay nor Paypal would ever put together the several dots that we just did here in a couple of minutes. Thus, this locust will be permitted to continue scamming at his leisure. Hopefully, the reasons that the latter auction's funds are still unclaimed is due to some sort of action on the part of Paypal. However, this would greatly surprise me. The scammer is probably just on a day trip with some of silent h3ro's stolen funds.

ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD ON EBAY.

Never use paypal funds to buy anything of substance since you're screwed if you get screwed.

A credit card will protect you by issuing a charge back. Paypal won't do jack for you if you get scammed. Again DON'T USE PAYPAL FUNDS TO PAY! Sorry about yelling, but everyone needs to know this to protect themselves from paypal. They say "buyer's protection" but it's not worth jack. Your credit card company will protect you, paypal won't.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Yea it was a stupid moment for us last night debating on that auction - once I saw the payment was unclaimed and the e-mail address it was written on the wall.

Once you mentioned MA I double checked which region the seller was from and sure enough - that town was Eastern MA.

I canceled my payment and am having my boyfriend do the same. We didn't really NEED to both get PS3's so not the worse thing in the world...atleast we have our money back! I backed my payment up with my Amex gold card JUST in case since when it comes to resolution disputes they're the best.

Thanks for the information guys! Keep us posted on your resolution silent h3ro - I hope eBay/Paypal doesn't completely screw you :([/quote]Funny thing is I reported that auction yesterday after I was highly suspicious about mine so hopefully I saved some potential buyers including you, maybe there were more people who did too. I'm waiting a few days to contact PayPal, I thought I used my CC for the payment but PayPal had my bank transfer as an instant payment... now there's no second chance of calling the Credit Card company if PayPal doesn't come through. I hope I get lucky. PayPal changed it's buyer protection plan in October so they should be able to give back the full amount.

Amen, brother.

Also, not that I care, but Paypal gets 'pissy' if you file chargebacks on stuff even if you were scammed. What a fantastic company!

Trying this for the first time. Does the cashback offer show after the purchase or before? It's only showing the 10% coupon which I've read stacks with the 25%. Thanks in advance.

I just ordered an MSI Wind for $499, within seconds of completing the transaction, $124.75 was credited to my paypal account. :D

[quote name='crunchewy']My once-trusty tube TV just broke the other day, so I just ordered this morning a Samsung LN32A450 to replace it via this deal[/QUOTE]

Same circumstance here about a week and a half ago - great TV :) But I didn't get instant cashback...

[quote name='david12795']Some of you guys are so fortunate to get instant cash back

*pissed off because i have to wait another month ;_;*[/quote]
Really? I made a purchase last night and today, got instant cashback. I still have to wait 50 days for my purchases from a few days ago though.

[quote name='gamer1233']Really? I made a purchase last night and today, got instant cashback. I still have to wait 50 days for my purchases from a few days ago though.[/quote]

Really? i haven't used the cashback since like the beginning of nov...

maybe i should test it out.

I just checked and the cashback logo isn't showing up on eBay for me anymore... Ticks me off too because I was JUST about to buy a laptop.

Edit: I tried it on IE/Firefox, but strangely when I used Opera it showed up again. I have never used this before either.

[quote name='Flea']I just ordered an MSI Wind for $499, within seconds of completing the transaction, $124.75 was credited to my paypal account. :D[/quote]

I bought an Acer Aspire One last week and it took 10 days with multiple e-mails to MS for the amount to even show up in my cashback account. It would have been nice to get it straight in my paypal account.

Last edited by a moderator:
How the hell do you go to Ebay and use this is well?

I can never see a EBAY Sponsored Site or Store from this Livesearch thing, I even went under "E" under all Sponsored Stores or Sites, and it wasnt there.

W T F?!

How do you use this for EBAY?

bread's done
Back