BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xnonfactor']I bought an Acer Aspire One last week and it took 10 days with multiple e-mails to MS for the amount to even show up in my cashback account. It would have been nice to get it straight in my paypal account.[/quote]It only took me one, my purchases from 11/15 still weren't showing up yesterday, so I made contact with them around 5 PM and about two hours later all my purchases were added.:)

I hate that Paypal keeps complaining when I change the funding source to credit card. They try to claim that a direct transfer from my credit union account is somehow safer! And of course you can't set credit card as the default. Still, it is a convenient in other ways.

Has anyone else had any luck using the coupon, even if they didn't receive the message from eBay? Someone had mentioned it worked for them and this next purchase will depend on whether or not I can get an extra 10% off.

[quote name='GuardianE']Has anyone else had any luck using the coupon, even if they didn't receive the message from eBay? Someone had mentioned it worked for them and this next purchase will depend on whether or not I can get an extra 10% off.[/quote]

i tried the coupon code but couldn't get discount.

Looking at a Xbox 360 Elite, which started at 269.99, with both an eBay discount and Live Cashback dropping it to $175.49. I'd be crazy not do do this!

Also found a similar deal that throws in an HDMI cable; only $182 after all the discounts and cashback.

Trying this for the first time. Does the cashback offer show after the purchase or before? It's only showing the 10% coupon which I've read stacks with the 25%. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='torifile']ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD ON EBAY.

Never use paypal funds to buy anything of substance since you're screwed if you get screwed.

A credit card will protect you by issuing a charge back. Paypal won't do jack for you if you get scammed. Again DON'T USE PAYPAL FUNDS TO PAY! Sorry about yelling, but everyone needs to know this to protect themselves from paypal. They say "buyer's protection" but it's not worth jack. Your credit card company will protect you, paypal won't.[/quote]

Somewhat agree here. I purchased an expensive phone and it turned out to be a scam. Paypal only covered up to $200 at a time SO I LOST THE REST.

I do notice sometimes sellers dont accept paypal via credit card. anyone else seen this?

From now on I make sure to look at the paypal listings before buying. Sometimes it says covered up to 200. other times its 2000

[quote name='guyver2077']Somewhat agree here. I purchased an expensive phone and it turned out to be a scam. Paypal only covered up to $200 at a time SO I LOST THE REST.

I do notice sometimes sellers dont accept paypal via credit card. anyone else seen this?

.../quote]

They're not allowed to that (refusing to accept cc payments on ebay transactions). You can report them to paypal if you want.

[quote name='wbc1228'][quote name='guyver2077']Somewhat agree here. I purchased an expensive phone and it turned out to be a scam. Paypal only covered up to $200 at a time SO I LOST THE REST.

.../quote]

They're not allowed to that (refusing to accept cc payments on ebay transactions). You can report them to paypal if you want.[/quote]

Yeah, I used to do that WAY back in the day before that was a rule but that's been banned for a few years, now. People do that so they don't have to upgrade their PayPal account and get charged a fee for accepting payments.

so is it safe to remove my bank account from my paypal? people keep telling me that i should remove it.. but sometimes i do prefer to pay using my available funds and not put on a cc

I just noticed that the message I received on ebay for my TV purchase (where I got the cashback immediately), says: "You just earned US $154.75 instant cashback". Note that it says "instant cashback". So it would seem that it was intentional and not a mistake. The question is, what is the criteria for getting the cashback instantly? Perhaps if your purchase is for something over a certain amount of money? The TV I bought was $619.

[quote name='guyver2077']so is it safe to remove my bank account from my paypal? people keep telling me that i should remove it.. but sometimes i do prefer to pay using my available funds and not put on a cc[/quote]I would also like to know this. I always want to use my CC when I use PayPal. I don't know why you can't set the CC as default payment...

[quote name='crunchewy']I just noticed that the message I received on ebay for my TV purchase (where I got the cashback immediately), says: "You just earned US $154.75 instant cashback". Note that it says "instant cashback". So it would seem that it was intentional and not a mistake. The question is, what is the criteria for getting the cashback instantly? Perhaps if your purchase is for something over a certain amount of money? The TV I bought was $619.[/quote]You may be right. The last person in this thread that I saw get cashback paid $499. Anybody else that got instant cashback pay a lot?

[quote name='crunchewy']I just noticed that the message I received on ebay for my TV purchase (where I got the cashback immediately), says: "You just earned US $154.75 instant cashback". Note that it says "instant cashback". So it would seem that it was intentional and not a mistake. The question is, what is the criteria for getting the cashback instantly? Perhaps if your purchase is for something over a certain amount of money? The TV I bought was $619.[/quote]

If there's a set limit, it must be pretty low because I got instant cashback buying a $24 TomTom beanbag mount.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I would also like to know this. I always want to use my CC when I use PayPal. I don't know why you can't set the CC as default payment...[/quote]
You are only allowed like 5 CC transactions per year with PayPal .. or you have to upgrade your account. That is why people don't want to have people pay with CC, as it uses up thier very low maximum for transaction before they must pay for an upgrade.

I think it is kind of rediculous personally, PayPal is already making a killing off of people using their service.

I sold something recently and almost 33% of the end price was taken by shipping and PayPal. And I thought the government was bad ...

[quote name='rarebucky']That must be it. I bought 20 items at once from one seller and got the cashback instantly in my paypal account.[/quote]

Nope, I only bought one of the aforementioned TomTom mount. I'm also under the impression that the other people in this thread who got instant cashback also only bought one item.

Now, maybe it has to do with electronics?

I think one person got it with a Zune, another with a TV, I got it with an electronics accessory, and the person two posts above got it with memory cards.

[quote name='silent h3ro']You may be right. The last person in this thread that I saw get cashback paid $499. Anybody else that got instant cashback pay a lot?[/QUOTE]

$150 creative Zen Instant cash back.

$850 Rims for the wifes ride ...waiting game.

$500 snow tires...waiting game.

Its not money related.

[quote name='Snake2715']$150 creative Zen Instant cash back.

Its not money related.[/quote]

Then my bet is that it's with electronics/electronics-related purchases. Has anyone gotten instant cashback with a non-electronics related auction?

question lets say i start new live account, new paypal account is there a limit to how much i can spend on my account? See im looking at buying alot of stuff, and after all is done i should get around $1800 back, well since its not premeir etc can i just paypal plug in or something when i go to use that cash, is there a limit to how much i can put out at one time?

[quote name='wbc1228'][quote name='guyver2077']Somewhat agree here. I purchased an expensive phone and it turned out to be a scam. Paypal only covered up to $200 at a time SO I LOST THE REST.

.../quote]

They're not allowed to that (refusing to accept cc payments on ebay transactions). You can report them to paypal if you want.[/quote]
I remember the original PS3 I tried to buy on ebay just seemed to disapear into limbo. Took a great deal of threatening emails, but I did eventually get my refund.

Since then I've taken note of the Paypal protection. If the person has over so many feedback and a high enough rating there's Paypal will protect up to $2000 instead of just $200. It's important to make sure the Paypal protection is greater than the amount you pay for an item if at all posible.

[quote name='Ragnorok64'][quote name='wbc1228']
I remember the original PS3 I tried to buy on ebay just seemed to disapear into limbo. Took a great deal of threatening emails, but I did eventually get my refund.

Since then I've taken note of the Paypal protection. If the person has over so many feedback and a high enough rating there's Paypal will protect up to $2000 instead of just $200. It's important to make sure the Paypal protection is greater than the amount you pay for an item if at all posible.[/quote]PayPal changed its user agreement in October this year. The price of coverage is up to $2000 on ebay.com if you meet all requirements of the buyer protection policy and if PayPal "rules in your favor".

[quote name='Snake2715']$150 creative Zen Instant cash back.

Its not money related.[/quote]

I bought a $250 GPS, it said pending but I noticed I had the wrong shipping address. Seller canceled transaction, rebought, and this time it gave me instant cashback. No idea why.

I have only purchased 9 items on 9 transactions, but I've been told I've reached my limit. I'm well below the dollar amount limit as well.

I just tried this for the first time. I got the email in my ebay and Io clicked to claim my cashback but it is "pending". I guess it will take 60 days. I also used my 10% off ebay coupon. I will be pretty happy if it works!

[quote name='Mugen Power']Then my bet is that it's with electronics/electronics-related purchases. Has anyone gotten instant cashback with a non-electronics related auction?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I purchased 20 copies of 1 video game in one auction and got instant cashback.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana] Hi DUSTIN, [/FONT]
s.gif
[FONT=Arial, Verdana] It pays to shop eBay! You've earned cashback. To get your money:
  1. Click the Get cashback button to access or create your Microsoft account.
  2. Microsoft will notify you that your cashback is available after 60 days (in case you decide to return your purchase).
    Then, simply tell Microsoft which PayPal account you want your cashback sent to!
[/FONT]i got this message on my ebay account. the problem is i cant find the get cashback button. Am i doing something wrong? it looks like there is a link in the message but it is not clickable. so im stuck. i know i got money coming to me but i dont know how to get it. any help would be appreciated

ps im new to cag
but i think it rocks

DUSTI N- Are you getting this message emailed to you or is it from your messages in eBay? The button should be clickable in your messages under 'My eBay'. It may not be clickable because of you email settings not allowing images. eBay sends it to you under your eBay account and by your email address.

im getting this message im my ebay account messages. So im supposed to be able to click the message right? that is what i thought. any ideas on what i can do because i have alredy tried many times and there are no links on the message.
anyway thanks for the reply

[quote name='Xfactor19990']question lets say i start new live account, new paypal account is there a limit to how much i can spend on my account? See im looking at buying alot of stuff, and after all is done i should get around $1800 back, well since its not premeir etc can i just paypal plug in or something when i go to use that cash, is there a limit to how much i can put out at one time?[/quote]

anyone know?

Thanks OP!

Grabbed a new 360 60GB Hard Drive for $37.50 shipped after cashback! More than enough room for what I do.

Bought an Acer Aspire One (blue) and after awhile it showed up in my cashback account as pending. Not worried about it but it would be nice if they had guidelines as to what gets priority for instant/quick cashback. The way it's done now seems random as best.

I also wish I could figure out why the cashback thing wasn't showing up in two different browsers but decided to on the third. I had just been looking too and the logos vanished in IE/FF as I stated a few pages back. Seems weird. >_

I know you cannot withdraw the money until 60-75 days have passed, but will this amount show up in your live.com account right after the purchase? I just bought a TV and it says I have no purchase activity. This is after I ensured I saw the cashback amount before clicking submit.

[quote name='NintendoGal']I also wish I could figure out why the cashback thing wasn't showing up in two different browsers but decided to on the third. I had just been looking too and the logos vanished in IE/FF as I stated a few pages back. Seems weird. >_

bah, just placed an order through Buy.com's eBay store and I can't figure out how to get free shipping (the item was listed as having free shipping). Now I gotta wait to hear back from their customer service... no idea how long that will take, and I hope this delay in payment won't screw up my cashback being processed! I'll probably be on a different computer by the time I hear back from them (I'm at work now) so I have no idea how this will work.

I'd much rather cancel the order and buy from a different seller, but I don't know how that would work and I'm afraid to flake out and damage a spotless eBay record :whistle2:(

I ordered an HP laptop using my mother's Employee Purchase Plan. Not only did I get her discount, 25% cashback from live.com, but we also got 5% cashback somehow from Fatwallet. How this happened I have no idea.

[quote name='BustaUppa']bah, just placed an order through Buy.com's eBay store and I can't figure out how to get free shipping (the item was listed as having free shipping). Now I gotta wait to hear back from their customer service... no idea how long that will take, and I hope this delay in payment won't screw up my cashback being processed! I'll probably be on a different computer by the time I hear back from them (I'm at work now) so I have no idea how this will work.

I'd much rather cancel the order and buy from a different seller, but I don't know how that would work and I'm afraid to flake out and damage a spotless eBay record :whistle2:([/quote]I thought buy.com's store didn't accept cashback because of a third party checkout. Now it does?

I bought a Crimson DS w/ two games for about $85 after cashback. Unfortunately, I did not get instant cashback! So, who knows what the pattern is to the instant thing.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I thought buy.com's store didn't accept cashback because of a third party checkout. Now it does?[/quote]

It didn't when I tried it last week on a PS3 controller.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It didn't when I tried it last week on a PS3 controller.[/quote]

It does now, there's a whole thread about it mentioning cheap live codes

Just picked up a 60 GB hard drive for my 360, getting almost $14 cashback in a few weeks. I wish I had one of those coupons tied to my account though, that would have made this sweeter.

[quote name='silent h3ro']I thought buy.com's store didn't accept cashback because of a third party checkout. Now it does?[/QUOTE]There was no indication that it wouldn't work when I bought the item. But now I'm stuck in limbo because I'm waiting to hear back from their tech support. The listing claimed free shipping, but there was no way to select it once I got to the checkout page - and they snuck sales tax in there too! They really should clarify this stuff before you "commit to buy" - and now that I'm waiting to hear back from someone, I have no idea how the cashback will end up working. I hope they let me cancel the order now because this is really more trouble than it's worth.

EDIT: problem solved! Buy.com got back to me and said there was a glitch, and I should just email them about shipping credit after I purchase the item. I completed the sale, emailed them, and got a message back with my shipping credit within a few minutes. Plus, when I paid for the item, I accessed eBay through the Live search, which kept the whole cashback trail intact. Woohoo, happy ending!

Buy.com cashback only works if you use PayPal to pay since they use a 3rd party checkout system. Unfortunately coupons don't work which I had to find out the hard way.

bread's done
Back