BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^It is possible the seller has not 'accepted' the payment yet (in paypal). Did you pay with a credit card? Is this your first cashback purchase? Did you print or save the screen showing the cashback? Let me know, I can try to figure it out.

You can contact MS with the info below:

To submit your Live Search cashback claim

Just send us an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information and we’ll respond to you within 24 business hours.

Note: If sending multiple order confirmations, please send each confirmation separately to expedite the rebate review.

• Windows Live ID or cashback username
  • Attach or forward the Order Confirmation you received from the store when you made your purchase. Please make sure it includes the following information:
    • date of purchase
    • merchant order number
    • order subtotal (excluding shipping, taxes, coupons, or discounts)
    • Itemized list of products purchased
  • Payment method used to make the purchase (i.e. credit card, PayPal, Google Checkout, BillMeLater, etc.).

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^It is possible the seller has not 'accepted' the payment yet (in paypal). Did you pay with a credit card? Is this your first cashback purchase? Did you print or save the screen showing the cashback? Let me know, I can try to figure it out.[/quote]

Thanks for the MS Live contact info man. I'll probably have to make use of it soon if there's still no indication of the cashback award within the next 12 hours.

Anyway, I paid with my credit card through PayPal (not directly), in addition to some funds left in balance on my PP account.

I did get the "usual receipt for your Paypal payment" in my e-mail though, and the seller himself e-mailed me letting me know he'd received my payment, so I guess the payment has definitely gone through.

This is my 7th or 8th cashback purchase, but I didn't take a screenshot of the cashback offer. :(

Thanks again.

Yeah, if you have already used cashback and have gone to your account and the transaction is not showing, then the best route would be to contact MS. I am in the same boat for the HP Black Friday cashback...Missing $280 X 2 (wanted 1 computer and bought the second as a backup order and NEITHER is showing cashback)!

[quote name='slowdive21']Missing $280 X 2 (wanted 1 computer and bought the second as a backup order and NEITHER is showing cashback)![/QUOTE]

Cap is $200.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Cap is $200.[/quote]

ebay cashback is $200. Every other site just adds to the $2500 cap.

You can earn up to $2,500 in cashback savings every calendar year! We want cashback rewards to go to a broad variety of consumers who search and shop on Live Search for their personal purchases. If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met.

[quote name='tlwizard']I have two purchases from last night just like that. One from buy.com and the other from a different seller. Same exact thing, legit to the end, but ebay doesn't show the items as paid so the cashback email doesn't come through.[/QUOTE]

same here as you guys. my guess is that it has something to do with using credit card (through PayPal) and/or Buy.com being backed up over the holiday weekend and haven't processed all orders yet.

just used the deal to buy me some Westone 3 :lol:, $120 dollars off $400 iem which I have been waiting forever for. although no instant cashback

It's pretty obvious now that the instant cashback is on random items on eBay. I wonder though if instant cashback on an item with multiple quantities is for all items...

"If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met."

I don't get it. So there is no cap?

I was thinking about getting a Squeezebox, but if there is no cap, I will go for some studio monitors.

I'm having a really hard time trusting anybody on eBay though. BRAND NEW UNOPENED = I took it out and played for it for a week---I'm a total bullshitter.

[quote name='Megalith']"If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met."

I was thinking about getting a Squeezebox, but if there is no cap, I will go for some studio monitors.

I'm having a really hard time trusting anybody on eBay though. BRAND NEW UNOPENED = I took it out and played for it for a week---I'm a total bullshitter.[/QUOTE]

According to that, the actual cap value is $2,699.

[quote name='Megalith']"If a single purchase causes you to meet and also exceed this cap, you can still earn all the cashback savings associated with that purchase, provided that all other eligibility requirements are met."

I'm having a really hard time trusting anybody on eBay though. BRAND NEW UNOPENED = I took it out and played for it for a week---I'm a total bullshitter.[/quote]

Thats for purchases made through live.com, not for ebay. Ebay is limited to $200 back per transaction.

I don't trust eBay sellers with "new" items if they're high end items. I mean, I used to flip DVDs, but that was small change compared to something like electronics. If you go onto half.com, you can see items listed under brand new despite the seller also saying how few times they ever used it. That's why I've been buying all my big stuff from buy.com's eBay store.

Is the link not working right now? I clicked on the link and it goes to ebay with no cashback banner on the top. My wife wants a $300 purse for Christmas, and I NEED that 30%.

You can trick the cashback banner. Go to live.com and search for something that'll show up on eBay and you'll get the eBay link with a coin next to it. Click on that link to activate and then you can just paste the link of the item you wanted into the browser.

I figured out my problem. I had an ebay "alert" because I changed my registered email address. The alert hid the cashback banner. When I click on buy it now the 30% still applies to my order. I saved 75 bucks on my purchase tonight.

Rock, I just bought a $140 lego set on ebay, and got my $42 cashback to my paypal account within about 2 minutes!

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Is the link not working right now? I clicked on the link and it goes to ebay with no cashback banner on the top. My wife wants a $300 purse for Christmas, and I NEED that 30%.[/quote]

I think it shows the banner if you log in to live.

So lemme get this straight.

I'm in the market for an HDTV. If I search for it through LiveSearch, can I pay for it with a CC (it's my understanding that there are more places than just eBay to use Cashback) and get the credit in my Cashback account (from which I can transfer to my bank account or PayPal)?

This sounds extremely interesting. Any experts wanna help me out?

hey this is pretty cool. Bought my first item for 27 bucks and got 8 back. I had to test this out. :cool: 30% cashback is really nice. Hopefully it lasts awhile.

Looking into a pair of HDTV's on Buy.com's eBay store - the 30% Cashback there should apply, right? If so, it's either a 32" Sharp 720P for $384 or a 37" Sharp AQUOS for $524. They're based in CA, which means I'll be paying tax - this might not be the best way to be going about this.

Suggestions?

So much for instant cashback...guess I'm not "eligible". Either way...when it's all said and done, $21 shipped for a 16gb flash drive is solid!

Are there any other sites that give huge discounts like eBay? I'm reading that blog post and it seems they had a HP laptop deal for 40% off. I'm scared I'll waste my 12 uses >_

[quote name='Ronin317']So much for instant cashback...guess I'm not "eligible". Either way...when it's all said and done, $21 shipped for a 16gb flash drive is solid![/QUOTE]

Me either. Purchased 2 items (from the same seller) and no instant cash back.

[quote name='brother bendu']Ok it looks like I better test to see if this 30% cashback will work before I purchase rockband 2. How many people are having problems with this?[/QUOTE]

I was skeptical just like you are and decided to do a test. I purchased Rock Band 2(game only) for PS3 3 days ago and it worked fine. Just make sure you follow the directions and search it through live.com

[quote name='Shady3011']Anyone know of some good auctions for MS points? Most are either over priced or shipping kills the potential cashback.[/QUOTE]

It just takes a little time. When I first started looking it was all morons selling them at like $55 saying use cash back to get this item cheaper! However watching off and on over like 2 weeks I found 2 4000 point Xbox cards for $48 which after cash back ended up at $33.

As an update, my buy.com ebay order is now showing as paid on ebay and listed as a paypal transaction. However on the order details page it does not show up with the cashback part.

My other transaction, paid via paypal is now showing up as paid, but listed as paid with credit card. It is also not showing the cashback logo on the details page. I'm really hoping this one clears because it was an expensive order.

I bought 3 items this past week. The first 2 I have to wait 60 days for the cashback. The 3rd one I got instant cashback. I'm guessing the instant cashback applies to certain items.

[quote name='tlwizard']As an update, my buy.com ebay order is now showing as paid on ebay and listed as a paypal transaction. However on the order details page it does not show up with the cashback part.

My other transaction, paid via paypal is now showing up as paid, but listed as paid with credit card. It is also not showing the cashback logo on the details page. I'm really hoping this one clears because it was an expensive order.[/quote]

didn't the buy.com ebay one say that it isn't available for cashback? because of a 3rd party checkout?

also I think it should state if a site uses third party checkouts in the ad, just something nice when I'm trudging through and don't know if an item will give me problems.

[quote name='xycury']didn't the buy.com ebay one say that it isn't available for cashback? because of a 3rd party checkout?

also I think it should state if a site uses third party checkouts in the ad, just something nice when I'm trudging through and don't know if an item will give me problems.[/quote]Third party checkout is allowed.

And... all the cards are now lining up. Just got the emails saying the cashback on the two orders has been approved. Posted to my account.

Just now placed an order for some Xbox Live points and got instant cashback to my account. Pretty sweet!

I have never used this before. I logged into my Live.com account and then did a search for IPOD. I clicked the "Sponsored Sites" link for this..

Ipod 120 gb
- www.ebay.comLive Search cashbackLive Search cashback

Buy Ipod 120 gb. You may get 30% off with PayPal if eligible.

When I get to Ebay it shows all the BIN auctions for IPods. When I do another search for the specific item I want I get to the auction but I don't see anything about Live cash back on the auction. If I do a BIN will I get something that will confirm the Live.com cash back. I'm afraid I'm going to make a purchase and it may not register for the 30% off. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

EDIT: Now that I clicked the BIN I see where it says cash back. Does it matter that my live.com account email is different than my paypal one?

I bought something from buy.com through ebay and paid with paypal. Up until I paid it kept saying I would get $11 cash back, but I never got the cashback email, and it's not listed in my cashback account. This sucks :

I purchased the item and it says

You're eligible for US $67.50 cashback.

To get your money,

1) You must click the Get cashback button on the right to create or access your Microsoft cashback account.
2) Your Microsoft cashback will then be available in your PayPal account in approximately 60 days, subject to conditions

I click the GET Cashback icon and log into the live.com account but it shows $0.00. Does this take a while to show up? Pending also says $0.00 (I know it says you have to wait 60 days but why does this still say $0?)

[quote name='Flea']I bought something from buy.com through ebay and paid with paypal. Up until I paid it kept saying I would get $11 cash back, but I never got the cashback email, and it's not listed in my cashback account. This sucks :

Ok thanks for the quick response tlwizard! I have been looking for an IPOD and just got a brand new 120 GB model for $157.50 shipped (after 30% back). Not bad at all :)

So how long will this be running for? I really want to pick up a new receiver but went a bit crazy on stuff So I need some time to allow the bank account to recover.

bread's done
Back