BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']Just bought Gears of War 2 Special Edition for $41 shipped after cashback.[/QUOTE]

Did that come with the Lancer/Map codes though? I have been hoping to use the live cash back to get one for $40 or under but at that price it seems they are always missing the code.

lets say I want to sell something to a friend.. can I put it up for sale and tell him to use live cashback? Id bump up the Buy it now price so i can get close to what i want for the item after fees plus he would get it for cheaper at the end.

[quote name='guyver2077']lets say I want to sell something to a friend.. can I put it up for sale and tell him to use live cashback? Id bump up the Buy it now price so i can get close to what i want for the item after fees plus he would get it for cheaper at the end.[/QUOTE]

of course you can, but obviously it's discouraged... ;)

[quote name='elkanich']Didn't work for me on the xbox live 1 year with buy.com. Ebay wrote back saying I wasn't eligible.

Beware![/QUOTE]

Give it time. Took over 24 hours for my cash back notice to come through. Like the others on here though, it's not an instant cash back.

anyone gotten cash back when purchasing their paypal item via credit card as opposed to bank account?

all my purchases are usualy through bank account so just curious if cc will work as well

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone gotten cash back when purchasing their paypal item via credit card as opposed to bank account?

all my purchases are usualy through bank account so just curious if cc will work as well[/quote]

Yeah it'll work. I stopped keeping money in my PayPal account once I got a PenFed card.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Is there a new coupon for this month? I haven't received an email, but the new one should be out right?[/quote]

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Any word on a new December 10% off coupon yet?[/quote]

People who ignore people are a bunch of assholes...

(Disclaimer: No insult was meant by this message. Just seeing if I can get anybody's attention.)

snakelda, thanks for the warning. I was looking at items, did the live search and it still showed 30% so I was able to get my 30% for my Digital Camera. Then I went back and sure enough the GPS I got was only down to 25%. Doesn't sound like much but 5% can make a big difference on large items.

Does anyone know, when it's 25% can you still get up to $200 back? If so maybe I'll just buy more expensive items when the percentage is down. Thanks!

[quote name='goomba478']snakelda, thanks for the warning. I was looking at items, did the live search and it still showed 30% so I was able to get my 30% for my Digital Camera. Then I went back and sure enough the GPS I got was only down to 25%. Doesn't sound like much but 5% can make a big difference on large items.

Does anyone know, when it's 25% can you still get up to $200 back? If so maybe I'll just buy more expensive items when the percentage is down. Thanks![/quote]

It's still 30%, it depends on what you search for. I just searched "e bay" and got 30%.

lol, i jus noticed this thread.

thanks
icon_smile.gif

It was 25% before BF...When I search for low end items 25% comes up as well as high end items like "HDTV". I am only getting 25% now. I think it is back to 25%.

Well, I purchased my live card from buy.com yesterday and while I haven't heard anything about why I couldn't use my 10% coupon, I got my email from live cashback confirming my cashback. However, it isn't instant so I'll have to wait until end of Jan to get it.

[quote name='Pyloric']I was able to pick up a brand new ds lite for $75 after my 10% off and the 30% cashback![/QUOTE]

I wish i had the 10% off too because thats exactly what i wanted to buy

[quote name='Pyloric']I was able to pick up a brand new ds lite for $75 after my 10% off and the 30% cashback![/quote]

Was this a new coupon? Or yesterday's Cyber Monday one (CSHOPEBAY2008)? You'd think they'd be issuing a new coupon for people to use before Christmas, but I haven't seen anything yet.

I didn't either. I bought something that was $250 too. I bet we will get an email 10% coupon soon because of the drop to 25% on the cashback. Thats what happened last time I used it. It went from 30 to 25, then we got a Summer season 10% coupon that week. I don't need another DS, but to get a Lite to replace my phat for 75 bucks would be tempting. :whistle2:k

Picked up a brand new Onyx DS Lite last night for my daughter for $72 after the 30% Cashback + 10% coupon. I used money from my PayPal account this time and still got the notice that the cashback would be credited in 60 days. I used PayPal buyer credit with my previous purchase and had the same result. Instant would have been nice, but Great deal either way!

I've been a PayPal user since 2003 and I've never received a single coupon from them. And I always try typing in the various coupon codes that are out at the time to just in case (even though I know they need to be tied to your account) and of course they never worked for me. What on earth do you have to do to get a PayPal's coupon code? Did I accidentally remove myself from some sort of special coupon code mailing list 5 years ago?

I've almost exhausted all the 12 permitted cashback offers, but I recall reading somewhere (might've been here even) that one could just create a new eBay account and continue paying with the same PayPal account and that could work too.

Could anyone confirm this?

Also apologies if we're not allowed to discuss this here.

It's down to 25% for me, too. I had an open window from yesterday that displayed the 30% deal, but now it's just giving me 25%.

I want to get an XBox 360 Elite bundle from buy.com's store on Ebay -- still 75 units left. And I want to do it today, since I missed saving an extra $20 smackers yesterday.

I know you have up to 12 transactions. For the people who are still getting 30% today, I wonder if it's because you already started off a few days ago with a 30% deal and it's simply being held over?

Also, has anyone tried this Ebay coupon codes:

CHOLIDAYNOV2008

or

CRTSY08JLY25

The latter is supposed to expire on Dec 26.

[quote name='Telemakhos']It's down to 25% for me, too. I had an open window from yesterday that displayed the 30% deal, but now it's just giving me 25%.

I want to get an XBox 360 Elite bundle from buy.com's store on Ebay -- still 75 units left. And I want to do it today, since I missed saving an extra $20 smackers yesterday.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I know you have up to 12 transactions. For the people who are still getting 30% today, I wonder if it's because you already started off a few days ago with a 30% deal and it's simply being held over?

Also, has anyone tried this Ebay coupon codes:

CHOLIDAYNOV2008

or

CRTSY08JLY25

The latter is supposed to expire on Dec 26.[/quote]

The deal will change on Live search throughout the day discounting anywhere from 20-30% off. I was about to buy something one morning advertising a 20% discount and held off, then later that eve it was 30% and I went for it then. So, if you're not worried about the product price jumping up it may be worth it to try a few times throughout the day to hit the 30% off.

Gotcha! I'm not going to worry about it then. The Xbox 360 elite bundles are staying the same at buy.com and amazon (roughly 398.99).

Funny thing. I searched for cashback 30% on live.com and it gave me a cashback icon for 20%. I then just tried e bay or xbox and was taken back to the 25% icon. So, you're right that it can vary.

I found a site that promoted the Microsoft Cashback Rebate back in June 2008. At that point, you could even get 35% back.

You gotta figure that things will get better the closer we approch X-Mas.

[quote name='silent h3ro']If you are an active eBay buyer they will not send you the coupon.[/quote]

nope its totally random. I started using ebay again at the beginning of the year quite a bit [my account opened in 04], mid way through the year i got 10% promotions in consecutive months and then nothing since. Thats the first time i've ever recieved the promotions in almost 5 years and it was while i was actually using my account. There isnt a trick to it, you just have to be one of the lucky chosen.

I'm confused. The Live.com ad says you "MAY" qualify for 20% off. Is it 30% or 20% and why does it say MAY? Is it random? This is make or break for me.

[quote name='Samus']I'm confused. The Live.com ad says you "MAY" qualify for 20% off. Is it 30% or 20% and why does it say MAY? Is it random? This is make or break for me.
smile.gif
smile.gif
[/quote]

It's says you "may" qualify because there are T & C's that must be met. Here's a link to what must be met to qualify...

http://pages.ebay.com/CASHBACKOFFER/TERMS.HTML

Read through that and make sure the deal meets those criteria and you'll be fine.

bread's done
Back