bioshock 2 special edition 69.99 @ BB B&M (YMMV?)

I bought this earlier today (sans coupon) and went back after class, did a return/rebuy with the code and got $20.02 back! :bouncy:

I got the last :ps3: version and it was in perfect condition. :whee:

Just to confirm: the extra 10% off coupon does NOT stack with the 20 dollar off SKU. The cashier scanned both, but it still came out 49.99...

Confirmed at CR, Iowa. There's about ten 360 versions and five PS3 versions left.

Simply showed the cashier the SKU and it worked for $20 off. Much appreciated OP!

I was going to head out to get bioshock2ce ,but wanted to check CAG for today's deals and it paid off
better than me using the 10%off coupon. Signed up for RZ Member text and got my BS2CE for 53+
thanks OP, I love this site & community.

ugh I had to drive out to Fenton, MO (live in St.Louis) just to score a PS3 one, the girl at the register thought I was retarded about the sku code thing, until she tried it and it worked. The 360 limited is available everywhere around here though, managed to score lair, vp:covenant of the plume, and avalon code for $15 each new sealed though, thanks for the tip OP.

Amazon would probably only match the shelf price, as reward zone discount is something extra that the average consumer would not even know about .

Picked up a PS3 copy. I still have a sealed PC copy which seems pretty rare compared to the PS3 and 360 versions. Never see the PC version anywhere anymore. Probably flip the PS3 version. They were holding them up at the registers so the outer box is pristine and not all mangled by the corded security device.

Picked up the last 360 & PS3 at the Westfield Mall. I'm gonna trade in my 360 version and keep the collectible stuff :cool:

[quote name='Kaiser499']Where is this coupon for $20 off?[/QUOTE]

There is no physical coupon, you write this SKU
number down and tell them to input it into the system and it should work.

[quote name='Ed_']Picked up the last 360 & PS3 at the Westfield Mall. I'm gonna trade in my 360 version and keep the collectible stuff :cool:[/QUOTE]

Good for you. Let us know how much you get for the trade in.

I picked up a Xbox360 version of this. $49.99 + tax was too good of a deal to pass up. Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the PS3 and Xbox360 version of Bioshock 2?

Thanks for this awesome deal, OP!

[quote name='Ed_']Picked up the last 360 & PS3 at the Westfield Mall. I'm gonna trade in my 360 version and keep the collectible stuff :cool:[/QUOTE]

Westfield mall is that Merriville. If it is man i wish we had a mall like that. That gamestop seems to have most of the games i want and also the stores kick a5$ in there.

Thanks op going to see if my local BB has the PS3 SE

[quote name='nddave']Westfield mall is that Merriville. If it is man i wish we had a mall like that. That gamestop seems to have most of the games i want and also the stores kick a5$ in there.

Thanks op going to see if my local BB has the PS3 SE[/QUOTE]

Nah, it's the Westfield Mall in Culver City, Ca.

I believe it trades in at 40 after promo.

Does all your guys' Best Buys put the spider sensor tags on the special editions? They kind of messed up some of the outside packaging on these

[quote name='evophile']Does all your guys' Best Buys put the spider sensor tags on the special editions? They kind of messed up some of the outside packaging on these[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine did. The PS3 was messed up but the 360 is ok.

So...I just went on a trip. With a bike. Took 3 hours to get to Best Buy and back home haha.

BUT...there was only the Xbox360 version!!! :(( So gay. Oh well. I traded the xBox game in and got $40 on my edge and still have the collectors edition stuff for myself. So I'm happy. :bouncy:

Thanks OP!!!

-I also traded it disk only and no refurb fee. Yay!

[quote name='style_unseen']So...I just went on a trip. With a bike. Took 3 hours to get to Best Buy and back home haha.

BUT...there was only the Xbox360 version!!! :(( So gay. Oh well. I traded the xBox game in and got $40 on my edge and still have the collectors edition stuff for myself. So I'm happy. :bouncy:

Thanks OP!!!

-I also traded it disk only and no refurb fee. Yay![/QUOTE]

Why keep the case and manual when it's not part of the CE?

While I was at the Best Buy in Orange (on Chapman), I noticed they had one copy of Bioshock 2 left for the 360. It wasn't marked down anywhere that I could see though.

I was just there buying AC2 so I didn't look into it further :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dabamus']Why keep the case and manual when it's not part of the CE?[/QUOTE]

Uhm...why not? Haha. There was no refurb fee, so might as well keep the case and manual. :roll:

hopefully my plan works for this....I already have a copy of BS2 for 360, but i'm still fairly early in the game, so I think i'm going to wait to get my RZ text tomorrow, head to BB, grab a 360 CE copy, show them the text..

check out for $53.50 or so....take my original BS2 copy to Gamestop and trade in with maybe another game (Far Cry 2 or whatever) to get just over $50 credit, and buy Metro 2033 leaving me with the BS2 goodies instead of just straight up paying $60+ for Metro 2033

I've got ONE more space among my poster filled walls that I can cover up with all 3 of those Rapture posters. siked!

Wow! This is an amazing deal for a game that was released only weeks ago. I purchased the 360 Special Edition at launch because I am a big fan of the Bioshock series. I have also already beat and sold the game to recoup some of the costs as some of you have suggested. Those of you who were able to pick this up are very fortunate!

[quote name='flameofdoom666']In the Bioshock 2 CE...

The game case, manual and disc is the same as the retail edition?[/QUOTE]

Right. The standard game is packaged within the Special Edition. There is no special art or manual that differentiates it.

[quote name='style_unseen']Uhm...why not? Haha. There was no refurb fee, so might as well keep the case and manual. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What's the point in screwing some poor shmuck out of a case and manual though? With a CE steelbook I understand, but just a regular case and manual? Seems pretty mean to me to just think of yourself and not the person buying the game from GS.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']In the Bioshock 2 CE...

The game case, manual and disc is the same as the retail edition?[/QUOTE]
I have the sealed copy from inside the CE in front of me:)360:) and it appears to be the same.

[quote name='kk012']I picked up a Xbox360 version of this. $49.99 + tax was too good of a deal to pass up. Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the PS3 and Xbox360 version of Bioshock 2?

Thanks for this awesome deal, OP![/QUOTE]

Not really, both are pretty much the same. Nothing exclusive on either version unlike the first one on PS3.

Sony has a certification policy where if a publisher takes a previously-released exclusive game from another console to their platform, it will require something new or exclusive. Which explains Bioshock 1 and other games like Star Ocean.

[quote name='dabamus']What's the point in screwing some poor shmuck out of a case and manual though? With a CE steelbook I understand, but just a regular case and manual? Seems pretty mean to me to just think of yourself and not the person buying the game from GS.[/QUOTE]
Haha kinda knew you were gonna say something like that.

Well, I'm not a mean person, nor do I despise gamestop, but why would I care about the person buying the game disk only? It's not like I know the guy - and he/she will most likely not care at all about the game case and manual.
I don't think that's mean at all, ya? :roll:

[quote name='style_unseen']Haha kinda knew you were gonna say something like that.

Well, I'm not a mean person, nor do I despise gamestop, but why would I care about the person buying the game disk only? It's not like I know the guy - and he/she will most likely not care at all about the game case and manual.
I don't think that's mean at all, ya? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Plus, if you were just getting the collectibles, the case and manual help complete the set. I would keep it, but that's just me. I also use replacement cases a lot.

[quote name='evophile']Does all your guys' Best Buys put the spider sensor tags on the special editions? They kind of messed up some of the outside packaging on these[/QUOTE]

Not the one where I got mine today.

Thanks OP ... scored one for $54 out the door and got back the money from my day one purchase ... worked out to be the best of both worlds.

Ps. the game is good, perhaps not as strong an entry as the original but it definitely keeps you playing and adds some nice twists and new features as you go along in the story. Multiplayer isn't the most solid out there, but it's fun for what it is and could have been much much worse.

Well, I for one only buy used games with a case and manual. That's just me though.

Also, the one I bought did NOT have a spider tag on it.

I've read the thread and sorry if I missed it, but how do you get the actual text message with the SKU? I know people have had success just telling the cashier the SKU but I am hoping for more help when the cashier looks at me puzzled. I looked at the Reward Zone Web site and only saw the promo for the iPhone app.

The whole text message is on the front page of the $20 off thread. I just printed it out on my computer and took it in and they verified the SKU and rang it up.

so from past posts bioshock 2 trade in with edge and 50% is around 40 or so??? Just trying to find a figure because there are rumors of a b2g1 at gamestop and wanna stock up on some credit

UHHH OHHH, i just realized that the gamestop %50 extra ends on 17... when i heard it was extended i thought a week or two. Can i beat this game in 2 days? Length anyone?

contents are sweet. love the music, gunna frame the album with posters around it. My rooms super small (7' x 8') so i never have anything on wall, but this will be the first.

yeah my best buy had spider thing, but it only messed up the sleeve the collectors box was fine (first one i picked was dug into and ripped, got near front and went back to get another).

My BB has had the CE edition on clearance since last week. It's marked $99.99 with a red dot sticker, meaning it would be $75. Is this $69 price national now? I wonder if so the clearance price and RZ sku would stack.

bread's done
Back