bioshock 2 special edition 69.99 @ BB B&M (YMMV?)

[quote name='Ed_']The new text mesage came in saying it works on any PS3 & X360 versions, so it's not YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it actually says "CORRECTION" and then states "ANY" version with capital letters.

i got one at my best buy i had a perfect on i got on day one. but i returned it to gamestop last week just couldnt let my self pay full price for something not so limited. id rather have a ripped cover and pay 49.99 then a perfect paper cover and pay 99.99 for it.

Oops, I didn't see the other thread about the $20 coupon being for only Bioshock 2 only.

[quote name='confoosious']I use it on everything. Works like a charm.

Been waiting on a pricedrop from Target but this is good enough. Thanks much OP.[/QUOTE]

Confoosious, I remember you from the GS thread. I can't believe that people believed the free games statements. lol

My store didn't have spider packaging on the game, but all the copies had slipcases that were beat to hell anyway. Oh well, the slipcase doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. I just want what's inside. :)

2 left at the best buy in manhattan on 5th avenue, I wanted to bite but I have no idea where I'd store the thing

edit: i lied, i picked one up after sitting there for 20 minutes deciding on whether or not the extra $10 was worth it. so 1 left - and they did have spider web packaging on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hiljay']2 left at the best buy in manhattan on 5th avenue, I wanted yo bite but I have no idea where I'd store the thing[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy on 23rd has one 360 version left (I snagged the other!), and three PS3 versions left. They are in a cage, so you have to get someone to open it for you!

Code worked like a charm!

Thanks OP!

Since I signed up yesterday for it, I got the text today and it worked great. Very nice packaging. Too bad those spider things messed up the slip cover.

Dammit thought of just buying it and selling it on ebay for about $80 but there's one guy who has a buy it now for either version with 9 in stock for just $53, now im gonna have to choose between trading it in to gamestop for $40 and keeping the collectibles or waiting it out on ebay.

do you think that this will be worth more down the road? in about 3 months or so?

[quote name='nbalive2005']Dammit thought of just buying it and selling it on ebay for about $80 but there's one guy who has a buy it now for either version with 9 in stock for just $53, now im gonna have to choose between trading it in to gamestop for $40 and keeping the collectibles or waiting it out on ebay.

do you think that this will be worth more down the road? in about 3 months or so?[/QUOTE]

Probably wait til that guy is out of inventory, but he is definitely messing up the ebay market by selling them so cheap...

[quote name='hiljay']2 left at the best buy in manhattan on 5th avenue, I wanted yo bite but I have no idea where I'd store the thing[/QUOTE]

did they have spidertags on them?

[quote name='nbalive2005']Dammit thought of just buying it and selling it on ebay for about $80 but there's one guy who has a buy it now for either version with 9 in stock for just $53, now im gonna have to choose between trading it in to gamestop for $40 and keeping the collectibles or waiting it out on ebay.

do you think that this will be worth more down the road? in about 3 months or so?[/QUOTE]
Did you check the shipping on that? ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-360-BIOSHOC...ltDomain_0?hash=item4a9f38ec8b#ht_3575wt_1349

Pretty sure you're referring to that listing.
Plus, it's located at Hong Kong. :cold: Brrr.

wait, so you can keep the collectibles, just trade in the game disc for $40 at GS?? I'm assuming thats w/ the 50-60% promo?? that means LE goodies for $10!!?!?!?!?

[quote name='token2k6']wait, so you can keep the collectibles, just trade in the game disc for $40 at GS?? I'm assuming thats w/ the 50-60% promo?? that means LE goodies for $10!!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I JUST did this! I got the SE for $50, went to the car, gutted it and took the game right down the sidewalk to GS and got $40 to pay off GOWIII. I figure one day I'll get Bioshock 2 when there isn't so much else I need to play or maybe I'll sell the extras.

[quote name='token2k6']wait, so you can keep the collectibles, just trade in the game disc for $40 at GS?? I'm assuming thats w/ the 50-60% promo?? that means LE goodies for $10!!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Well, there is tax, so it's more like getting the LE goodies for $13 or $14.

[quote name='Salamando3000']Well, there is tax, so it's more like getting the LE goodies for $13 or $14.[/QUOTE]

funny guy!! seriously, I am in panic mode right now!! I just want to get to BB and get this before its gone, gotta think of something to get at GS or it might be pointless..

I might sell the game for $40 to my co-worker. $10 for the LE stuff is amazing... and due to my backlog- I can get the game when it is $20-$30. Havn't decided yet.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Scored!

About $54 after tax. Stupid security devices effed up all of the xbox copies, I chose the least bad looking one; most others had the cardboard cut into by the devices *yuck*

I got an extra one today, took the game disc, manual, and case down to GS and traded it in for $40. Got 2x1600 MSP cards to sell on Ebay for $20 each. I'll end up getting roughly $40 cash back eventually and the LE stuff for $13 after tax. :D

Wow, thanks to all who posted... just picked up the 360 CE for around $54. The staff at BB seemed a bit incredulous at first, but entered the code and it worked to problem.

[quote name='eau']The $20 off SKU is only good until tomorrow, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

I know the answer is yes, but I always want clarification:

Does this mean it works today only? Or today and tomorrow? I take it as being good today and tomorrow.

This is an annoying question but I just want to make sure. Thanks everyone.

[quote name='Strell']I know the answer is yes, but I always want clarification:

Does this mean it works today only? Or today and tomorrow? I take it as being good today and tomorrow.

This is an annoying question but I just want to make sure. Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]

It expires on March 17th.

I must say that the record is AMAZING. I didn't realize that it was going to a 180 gram one. Such a wonderful sound, it's a shame that the majority of the people who purchase this will never listen to the record.

I want to order this from the site but wonder if it will be damaged or not like the stories of those picking it up in store. I don't have a Best Buy near me so that is why no in store pick up option for me.

Just got back from Best Buy in Dublin, OH.

$53.xx out the door. Coupon SKU worked like a charm. Thanks, OP!!!!!
That's why I check this site every day!!!!

[quote name='dabamus']I got an extra one today, took the game disc, manual, and case down to GS and traded it in for $40. Got 2x1600 MSP cards to sell on Ebay for $20 each. I'll end up getting roughly $40 cash back eventually and the LE stuff for $13 after tax. :D[/QUOTE]

Too much work for $40. Are you making minimum wage where you have to do all of these transactions?

All of you guys trading this in because you will buy the game when it goes for cheap. How low can it get? $20? $15 by Black Friday? Just buy the LE, enjoy the game and dont let $20 difference between now and the future get in the way of a great game.

Grabbed 1 of 2 for the 360 at La Mesa, CA. Was there at around 12pm and it worked flawlessly, cashier was very nice and informed about it.

Mine wasn't wrapped in spider tags and was pristine. They basically had them stacked flat next to the guides.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON'][quote name='flameofdoom666']It expires on March 17th.[/QUOTE]

fuck. planned on going out tomorrow, my stupid ass put this off damnit all :cry:[/QUOTE]

Huh? Tomorrow is the 17th.

Honestly, if you've played the first Bioshock this game is a rental. If not, then it's a buy. It's not too different from the original and the multiplayer, while fun at first, becomes very tedious and boring later on.

Two left at the Mission Valley Best Buy in San Diego. At first, when I gave the SKU to the cashier, she claimed it wouldn't work because SKU's are generally longer. I asked to try it anyways and she did. Worked flawlessly.

Thanks OP!

At first the cashier put in the code and it didn't take off the $20 so he called for help. That guy pressed total and then it worked like a charm. Thanks CAG!

[quote name='Enfuze']Two left at the Mission Valley Best Buy in San Diego. At first, when I gave the SKU to the cashier, she claimed it wouldn't work because SKU's are generally longer. I asked to try it anyways and she did. Worked flawlessly.

Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

lol that's where I bought mine last night, and they had no PS3 copies left without some damage

Thanks OP this is an awesome deal. I also had my $20 gift certificate so that helped a lot too.

Anyone in Hawaii, there is 5 more for the 360, but they had minor damages due to that security thing. None left for the PS3 version though.

Happy Hunting.

bread's done
Back