bioshock 2 special edition 69.99 @ BB B&M (YMMV?)

[quote name='Romeo']My BB has had the CE edition on clearance since last week. It's marked $99.99 with a red dot sticker, meaning it would be $75. Is this $69 price national now? I wonder if so the clearance price and RZ sku would stack.[/QUOTE]
I'd go for getting them to give it to you at the BB.com price since it is $69.99 on the website. The RZ sku stacks with the $69.99 price, not so sure about when it's on clearance.

Does anyone know if there are less glitches/bugs for the PS3 version of Bioshock 2 than the Xbox360 version?

I'm wondering if I should return the Xbox360 version and get the PS3 version. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Shit, wish I saw this earlier so I could snag me a copy today.

Will try this out the first thing tomorrow morning, I really want the vinyl.

[quote name='dabamus']I'd go for getting them to give it to you at the BB.com price since it is $69.99 on the website. The RZ sku stacks with the $69.99 price, not so sure about when it's on clearance.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm going there tomorrow in the AM to pick up GoW3. I'll see if it scans $69 automatically, then ask hopefully the clearance price rings up, then of course the RZ coup. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='kk012']I picked up a Xbox360 version of this. $49.99 + tax was too good of a deal to pass up. Does anyone know if there is a significant difference between the PS3 and Xbox360 version of Bioshock 2?

Thanks for this awesome deal, OP![/QUOTE]

There are some minor differences, but here they are:

Xbox 360:
- Better textures and graphics
- Better load times
- "Insignificantly" faster frame rate (fps)

PS3:
- "Insignificantly" less frame tearing

Given the two, I would get the 360 version since the torn frames are so few and far between (although they might appear at the most in-opportune time). So few frames are torn in the end that you probably don't care.

However, you probably will not notice much difference from either overall.

Read the full details here: http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=17989

[quote name='kk012']Does anyone know if there are less glitches/bugs for the PS3 version of Bioshock 2 than the Xbox360 version?

I'm wondering if I should return the Xbox360 version and get the PS3 version. Any input is greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

See above.

[quote name='menikmati']Shit, wish I saw this earlier so I could snag me a copy today.

Will try this out the first thing tomorrow morning, I really want the vinyl.[/QUOTE]

I've always been curious, do you mind telling me where you are from? because "menikmati" = "enjoying" in my language...just curious..

[quote name='ivanwijaya']I've always been curious, do you mind telling me where you are from? because "menikmati" = "enjoying" in my language...just curious..[/QUOTE]

I'm from San Diego, CA and vietnamese. There was a skateboard video from eS footwear named Menikmati which is where I got my name from.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Is it worth $50??[/QUOTE]

I believe you get a vinyl record (!) of BioShock music, posters, music CDs of BioSchock 2 music, and an art book. As far as I know there is no extra game content and no "making of" features (beyond some text comments in the art book).

Obviously worth it to most of the people in this thread, just not to me. I think you have to be a full-on Splicer to appreciate this.

So essentially i can buy this for $50 even without being a RZ member? then sign up for edge card ( do i have to pay?), return only the game, manual and case leaving all the collectibles to me for a trade in with gamestop for $40?

Is that right?

All the BB around me have some spider anti theft bullshit wrapped around it and fucked it all up. All I want is a good copy.

[quote name='Estebon']All the BB around me have some spider anti theft bullshit wrapped around it and fucked it all up. All I want is a good copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is my problem too. Annoying!

[quote name='ryheeles']they do it so there's no chance that someone could slip the device off. not sure it's necessary for them to force damage on the packaging, but it's their method of protecting their inventory.[/QUOTE]

In other words, we had to destroy the village in order to save it.

Does the anti-theft device explode or spray dye alll over when you try to leave the store? Or does it simply cause an alarm? And if the latter, how is this different from the anti-theft tags they put in all other SKUs without tying them up like a Folsom Street Fair bondage submissive?

[quote name='gantt']... how is this different from the anti-theft tags they put in all other SKUs without tying them up like a Folsom Street Fair bondage submissive?[/QUOTE]

LoL! Nice SF-insider pun there...and true!

I know I'll prolly get flamed for this, but I actually "returned" the sealed copy to Wally World... Ended up with a 65 dollar gift card and the collectibles for 48 dollars.

Oh yeah. Expect some major flames incoming. Return Fraud is highly frowned down upon here. It's actions like that that've caused many retail stores to have some pretty friggin annoying return policies.

I know it is, I probably should've kept my mouth shut, but I'd only do it at Walmart just because I know (at least I'm pretty sure) they won't change their policy... I know that still doesn't warrant my wrongdoing - but there's nothing I can do about it now.

[quote name='dominator']I know I'll prolly get flamed for this, but I actually "returned" the sealed copy to Wally World... Ended up with a 65 dollar gift card and the collectibles for 48 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Yeah...that is fraud and illegal...:roll:

[quote name='dominator']I know it is, I probably should've kept my mouth shut, but I'd only do it at Walmart just because I know (at least I'm pretty sure) they won't change their policy... I know that still doesn't warrant my wrongdoing - but there's nothing I can do about it now.[/QUOTE]

you're just trying to start a flame war man. keep your fraud to yourself. hopefully one of the mods puts you in time out since once all the CAGs wake up this thread will be 10x longer with not a single post on topic

So... I signed up for texts last night but I haven't received the text yet; only the one confirming my subscription. Is there a way to make them text you the sku? Also; are my local BB employees going to know about this or are they going to be skeptics?

[quote name='saiyajinsc']do you need to actually receive the text to get the discount? Or can u just give them the number[/QUOTE]

just give them the number...

[quote name='dabamus']The whole text message is on the front page of the $20 off thread. I just printed it out on my computer and took it in and they verified the SKU and rang it up.[/QUOTE]

Would this SKU work on other things too?
Would be great if it can apply to other games.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Would this SKU work on other things too?
Would be great if it can apply to other games.[/QUOTE]

um

How do I get signed up for bestbuys reward zone txts. I have texting blocked on my phone but could use my google voice number to receive them for free.

[quote name='z3razerviper']How do I get signed up for bestbuys reward zone txts. I have texting blocked on my phone but could use my google voice number to receive them for free.[/QUOTE]

No you can't. Google voice only works with texting 10 digit numbers, not 6 digit numbers.(I have it and have tried to text 6 digit #s and it doesn't work)

[quote name='Serpentor']Thanks OP, got me a LE for $54.42 taxed, nice! LE for less than the price of regular, can't beat![/QUOTE]

You're local to me. Which BB did you go to? At Queens Plaza? At Gateway? What is the status! Details please!!

[quote name='ivanwijaya']I would suggest people to just text themselves and save their own number as "32112" or whatever...i did it last night lol..[/QUOTE]

Thats an amazing idea, lol

[quote name='jughead']So... I signed up for texts last night but I haven't received the text yet; only the one confirming my subscription. Is there a way to make them text you the sku? Also; are my local BB employees going to know about this or are they going to be skeptics?[/QUOTE]

The text was sent yesterday morning. Since you just signed up, it's very unlikely you'll get the text because I doubt they'll send another round of this text. You can just send yourself the text, or just write it on a piece of paper, doesn't matter. I've used the code from BB twice (last time was for xbox live 12 months card, and this), and neither time the cashier had to check my phone or anything, all I did was read the code to him, he punched it in, done!

[quote name='ivanwijaya']I would suggest people to just text themselves and save their own number as "32112" or whatever...i did it last night lol..[/QUOTE]

I did that last time, just to be safe. ;)

But it's not even necessary. The cashier didn't even look at my phone.

No. It rings up as something like "$20 Off Bioshock 2 Text Promo".

Technically, it should only work for Bioshock 2 (non-LE), and nothing else.

I went back today for a price adjustment (didn't know about the $20 off) The clerk took my receipt, refunded my money, then re-rang it with SKU 9855621 for the extra $20 off. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Virsago']Can I use the $20 off code on the Bioshock 2 LE if I don't have a rewards zone card?[/QUOTE]

They asked me for my rewards zone account before putting in the sku, so I doubt it. But it's free to sign up. I got another PS3 LE for half of what I paid a week after launch, but it has some damages. They had 360 versions in the back that were pristine, but I opted for another PS3 version anyways.

I use it on everything. Works like a charm.

Been waiting on a pricedrop from Target but this is good enough. Thanks much OP.

[quote name='OtherAdam']Just got back from mine. Got it for $50 and tax. So glad I waited this one out.[/QUOTE]

Same thoughts exactly! MY x360 version was listed as 99.99 but rang up as 69.99. SKU worked without a hitch. Only problem is the slip cover was slightly damaged by the spider web. Oh well, maybe newegg will sell an untarnished SE for 29.99 3 months from now and I'll pick that one up as a collectible.

THANKS!!!

Confirmed $20 off Text message works on Collectors Edition 69.99 version. I got it for $52.34. Pretty Awesome. Now I have to find someone who just wants the collectors part and no game for extra cash in the pocket.

bread's done
Back