bioshock 2 special edition 69.99 @ BB B&M (YMMV?)

[quote name='mrwogs2']2K released the Art of Bioshock book as a digital download originally. They also made print versions and shipped them to folks that received broken Big Daddy figurines.[/QUOTE]

Technically, there are 3 art books out there. The digital version (which was later printed for free), an improved version that was sold exclusively through their online shop (developer's edition?), and now the hardcover for bioshock 2 sold with the LE.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Why on Earth would they want to put the scores into a vinyl LP?
I can't listen to them! It's useless!

Damn but I'm still tempted.[/QUOTE]

The vinyl is simply a really cool higher-grade version of the soundtrack from the first game, which was already released digitally for free. So you lose NOTHING. It's a bonus (since vinyl is higher quality than digital.) The soundtrack for the second game is on CD.

It amazes me how many people have focused on the vinyl as the make-or-break item in the LE when it is just a really cool pack-in. More love from 2K for fans of the first game. If you can't play it, then hang it up as art. Yeesh.

And don't forget to put those 3 mini posters under a blacklight, boys and girls.... :cool:

[quote name='Zippon']
It amazes me how many people have focused on the vinyl as the make-or-break item in the LE when it is just a really cool pack-in. More love from 2K for fans of the first game. If you can't play it, then hang it up as art. Yeesh.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I can't believe they actually took the time to press that soundtrack into a full vinyl release just for the LE. It's effectively made the entire package that much bigger/expensive.

I love them for it. Everything about that LE package is beautiful. The package design, the LP, the posters, the fact that they included the standard edition game case inside. I wish more publishers put as much care into their LEs as 2k did with this one.

Snagged a 360 copy at the Columbus Circle BB in NYC. They had 4 360 copies and 1 PS3 copy when I left (although two of the 360 copies had their covers destroyed).

Ok I bought this yesterday using reward zone certs. The certs still show in my RZ account and they still work on BB.com. Did the cashier mess up or does it always take a couple of days for certs to come up as redeemed?

There's one left at Mission Valley in San Diego but the top of the outer sleeve was all shredded and I don't really need all of that stuff anyway, so I decided to pass.

I know it's only March, but I think this is already a top candidate for deal of the year.

1) It's a great product: a top-rated game with creative and desirable collectibles
2) It's a great price: 50% off MSRP, which is amazing for a special edition
3) It's widely available: not an extreme YMMV deal, nearly everyone can get one

Best Buy 86th St. NYC has some fresh ones in the back if you ask for them. Still has to survive the trip to the register b/c they won't let you take it up yourself. Got a couple nicks on mine even though it was fresh out of the case. However I'm just being picky at this point and you can't beat the price

Okay, I don't have a reward zone card. Any of you think I can sign-up for a reward zone card , then use the $20 off code to get it today?

[quote name='Virsago']Okay, I don't have a reward zone card. Any of you think I can sign-up for a reward zone card , then use the $20 off code to get it today?[/QUOTE]

Definitely.

[quote name='rapsodist']I know it's only March, but I think this is already a top candidate for deal of the year.

1) It's a great product: a top-rated game with creative and desirable collectibles
3) It's widely available: not an extreme YMMV deal, nearly everyone can get one[/QUOTE]

4) It's VERY new and current: we are only about a month after its release
5) Deal is for either PS3/Xbox 360

[quote name='Virsago']Okay, I don't have a reward zone card. Any of you think I can sign-up for a reward zone card , then use the $20 off code to get it today?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you might not get the text in time, just text yourself with the code and show it to the cashier at the time of being rung up...the last message I had was:

"RZ Gamer Deal
CORRECTION: Save $20 on Bioshock 2 on any PS3 or X360 versions. Show Sku 9855621 to Cashier RZ Members only. Expires 3/17. HELP 4 info, STOP 2 end"

Hope that helps.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes, but you might not get the text in time, just text yourself with the code and show it to the cashier at the time of being rung up...the last message I had was:

"RZ Gamer Deal
CORRECTION: Save $20 on Bioshock 2 on any PS3 or X360 versions. Show Sku 9855621 to Cashier RZ Members only. Expires 3/17. HELP 4 info, STOP 2 end"

Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I just wrote it on paper and handed it to the cashier. If they give you problems, say your phone's at home cause it's out of batteries, so you jotted it down. That's what I was planning on doing if they had given me problems.

[quote name='Warn3rv3']I got buyers remorse for picking this up release date.[/QUOTE]

I picked it up during its release as well and I don't share those feelings. It is an awesome Special Edition, and IMO, is worth the original asking price. Granted this is a ridiculously outrageous price drop / promotion combination and everyone who was able to pick it up is extremely fortunate, but that does not change the fact that you have a very nice art book and a collectible vinyl recording of one of the very best video game sound tracks of all time.

This type of situation, where a price drop and promotion occur simultaneously within nearly a month of a AAA game's release, is very very uncommon.

[quote name='elessar123']I just wrote it on paper and handed it to the cashier. If they give you problems, say your phone's at home cause it's out of batteries, so you jotted it down. That's what I was planning on doing if they had given me problems.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I just read the SKU to the cashier and then handed them a slip of paper with it. No problems.

This worked like a charm. Got the CE for $50. Then walked over to Gamestop and traded the game in for $40 (I already have a copy).

I bought the CE at launch and have zero remorse. It's a fantastic CE, lots of quality and love put into it. If you don't support quality like that with your dollars, you are doing yourself a disservice. You don't bottom-feed the really good stuff. ;)

[quote name='elessar123']I just wrote it on paper and handed it to the cashier. If they give you problems, say your phone's at home cause it's out of batteries, so you jotted it down. That's what I was planning on doing if they had given me problems.[/QUOTE]

I did the same. Showed him the number, gave him my RZ card and BOOM! What a great, great price on the LE. This website has cost & saved me so much money in the last several years.

[quote name='Swift900']This type of situation, where a price drop and promotion occur simultaneously within nearly a month of a AAA game's release, is very very uncommon.[/QUOTE]
I already picked one up for 360 yesterday... I'm tempted to pick one up for PS3 as well because this is such a good deal.

I've been chewing on this the last day or so, wasnt sure if I wanted it (wasnt the biggest BS1 fan), but I grabbed a Xbox 360 copy anyways, at that price I couldnt pass it up!....DAMN YOU CAG!!!! :wall:I went to the Chapel Hills Best Buy (Colorado Springs), they had 8 copies for the Xbox & 3 copies for the PS3 (PS3 copies were all beat to hell, seriously they looked really,really bad!). All the Xbox copies were in excellent condition though.

For anyone worried about condition, the box is really, really sturdy. The slipcover is almost guaranteed to have some tears and such, but the box is usually pristine. As long as you don't care about the slipcover, it's worth taking a closer look if the only copies near you look damaged. The box itself may be fine.

[quote name='rapsodist']I know it's only March, but I think this is already a top candidate for deal of the year.

3) It's widely available: not an extreme YMMV deal, nearly everyone can get one[/QUOTE]

[quote name='flameofdoom666']4) It's VERY new and current: we are only about a month after its release
5) Deal is for either PS3/Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Great additions, flameofdoom666! A 50% off discount on a 5-week old special edition of a game is nigh unheard of, and gamers of either HD console can get in on this deal. Just two more great reasons to vote this deal of the year!

Saw some posts about the packaging inside of the box. I picked it up today and looked at everything, the mini posters are rolled up neatly with a cardboard ring holding them together, the artbook is unwrapped but everything else is wrapped. The record, cd and game all have individual packaging inside the box.

Hope that helps anyone if they are thinking about buying it.

Just got back from BB here in NYC on Northern Blvd. they had a couple in stock as well and i asked the sales rep if he can give me one without that security wire that bends the box. He was cool enough to get a brand new one from the back. yiiiipppeeeee... code worked awesome....

Just picked up at Williston Vt store the PS3 version for $53.xx with RZ Sku. They still had 8 Ps3 copies and 9 xbox 360 copies and none with "spiderwrap".

just picked up one for 360 out the door at 23st BB NYC...there's still few copies for 360 didnt check for ps3.....

[quote name='rapsodist']Great additions, flameofdoom666! A 50% off discount on a 5-week old special edition of a game is nigh unheard of, and gamers of either HD console can get in on this deal. Just two more great reasons to vote this deal of the year![/QUOTE]

This is a great deal no doubt, but if this turns out to be the "deal of the year" it's going to be a depressing rest of the year ...

I picked this up earlier today at the Warwick best buy, they had at least 5 copies for the 360 and i couldn't find one for the PS3.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Tempted to pick up a Vinyl LP frame to frame the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know where to get the frames cheap, I want to do this as well

I got mine today in Springfield,Oregon Tons of 360 ones.. all spider wraped some crushed... They do not have any that are not... it is Springfield the Ghetto of Eugene.

But just did what was suggested a while ago gave him a paper with the info, He couldnt figure it out then finally got it. Also used a 50$ chase rewards gift card :p

They did not have Renosance of fate.. Bastards...

Got it tonight for 360 at the Best Buy in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. They had about 7 of 'em and of course they were all spidered, so I took the least spidered lol.

$20.00 off + $5.00 reward zone cert. = $47.91 tax included.

As always, thanks CAG for being awesome.

[quote name='etcrane']This is a great deal no doubt, but if this turns out to be the "deal of the year" it's going to be a depressing rest of the year ...[/QUOTE]

Considering the quality of the game and the immensity of the special edition, the close proximity to the release date (which magnifies the 50% discount), and the deal's widespread availability to all CAGs, I'd be hard-pressed to find another deal that tops it for the rest of the year. I bring it up in discussion now as a deal of the year candidate just so people might not forget it when the next Cheapy Awards roll around (as we are wont to do; out of sight, out of mind).

But I understand what you're saying: the rest of the year wouldn't be as fun anymore if we know that we'll never reach the same height again. Well, none of us can really know the future, right? :D

[quote name='jgiovanni']Anyone know where to get the frames cheap, I want to do this as well[/QUOTE]

Check Michael's ads for a "40% off regular price" coupon or an "additional 25% off sale price" coupon. You can probably pick up a suitable vinyl frame there for around $5 or so.

Would anyone be interested in trading their 360 version for my ps3? Its the only one in stock and stores been closed here in nyc except the one I'm at -_- lol

bread's done
Back