Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='PhiLeingFunkie']I just called in springfield va. The employee is very knowledgeable, he even asked if I heard of the sale from "Cheapassgamer". He said he bought a copy himself and that noone was supposed to know about the sale. They only had one copy left but its on hold.

I called another FYE and they had them there for 19.99 as well. Its on hold for me. :)

Sale is only for 7 days.[/QUOTE]

My FYE is holding one for me as well - going to get here in 30mins thanks OP!

lol. yeah, i was told that my "last copy" was being held in merrit island for 24 hrs, and when I finally got there she told me there was an inventory problem and that they actually didn't have a "last copy" :(

Interestingly enough I called several local FYE stores and two don't have it, but the third store the lady over the phone (while punching the title into the computer) said that they had it new for $59.99 and used for $54.99. Weird.

Just got back from the Burlington, Vermont, store, where I snagged the last copy. The sales clerk's jaw dropped when he saw what price it rang up as. He even tried rescanning it and punching in the numbers, just to be sure.

Thanks for the heads-up, op!

[quote name='munch']It's for new copies, so of course the used isn't going to ring up $19.99. It seems there's nothing YMMV about this.[/QUOTE]

Post #43 states the new is $19.99 and the used is $17.99. YMMV

[quote name='supraazn']Well i called the ones in Mission Valley and El Cajon and they don't even sell games.
I didn't even bother with the chula vista one because that one's too much out of my way.
So yea pretty much a bust in San Diego.[/quote]

damn! i was gonna hit up mission valley today...

[quote name='Purkeynator']Post #43 states the new is $19.99 and the used is $17.99. YMMV[/quote]

unfortunately, when my BB called the same store to PM they had sold out of the new Bioshocks and only had used for $49.99 so I dunno why the guy told me used was $17.99 when I called.. disappointing.

I went to Landmark mall today and snagged the last copy! That kinda thing never happens to me, I was actually planning on buying 2.

I grabbed a whole bunch of random DVD's (Usher live, WWF dvd;s, Hannah Montannah) stuff like that and traded them in for a cool 40 bucks! Even got a nifty Halo 3 giftcard to put it on. I did NOT go with a brown paper bag but on the receipt, it noted that she added a 25% bonus for a total of 9 bucks. Very nice woman working there, she was very helpful!

Also, starting the 1st of march, 25% extra on trade ins with coupon. They had stacks of them there and I grabbed one. Good luck everyone!

Called my nearest FYEs in Lawrenceville, GA area, they all said they didn't have it. One guy said they had all their games at 50% off for the last month and they had no good games left anymore... ah well

Anyone who missed out on this, you can get it off of amazon.com for $29 shipped in like new condition... better than nothing folks!

[quote name='jdawgg76']At least one person has been told this runs through the 27th. At my store they seemed to think it as running for a couple of weeks.

Atlanta. You a GA CAG?

Awesome! Thanks guin, but I don't want you to go to too much trouble though. When Cumberland FYE stopped selling games, I was told there would only be two stores still carrying them. I could have sworn Douglasville still sold games, but when Pogo mentioned North Point, I thought that was the other FYE that still sold games. I could have made the trip to Douglasville last night. Oh well. So, are there any other FYEs in Atlanta that still sell games that I don't know about? Just a side note, the Discover Mills FYE had a ton of Prostreets, mostly used.[/quote]

yea i live in the buford area and i read your post about BB giving you some trouble, was wondering if it was the same BB at mall of georgia, i went to discovery mills mall all they had was a used one.

Bought the last 2 copies from Lakeforest Mall. They were hidden away on the shelf behind the counter. The jackass cashier when I asked for two copies of the game went to the game shelf on the floor, and he said "Sorry, we're sold-out." I then pointed to the two on the shelf behind the counter...he then laughed and said, "I would have bought these two also if I had known they were still here." What a jack-ass. So, I got one for me and for my younger bro.

To save anyone in Aurora, IL a trip, FYE in Fox Valley mall not longer sells video games.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Anyone who missed out on this, you can get it off of amazon.com for $29 shipped in like new condition... better than nothing folks![/quote]

Yeah but that guy has zero reputation as a new seller, so I wouldn't hold your breath on it :)

~HotShotX

Thank you so much for this! I scored one at Woodbridge, NJ.
I held off the gamestop deal (buy bioshock get darkness free) and then I found this. Thanks OP!!

Was able to get one from the Fair Oaks Mall in NoVA. Somedays I swear I dont know whether to thank CAG for the deals or curse them for giving me incentive to buy! :)

If any fellow CAG member is willing to pick up a couple extra copies, I'd be willing to pay $30+ to cover expenses, finder fee, shipping, etc...

Please PM me if you intend to get several extras and we'll work something out. I have an excellent reputation on ebay (ecarey1952) and I think paypal would be the best way to go.

I really appreciate anyone willing to help me out.

[quote name='Viper51989']If any fellow CAG member is willing to pick up a couple extra copies, I'd be willing to pay $30+ to cover expenses, finder fee, shipping, etc...

Please PM me if you intend to get several extras and we'll work something out. I have an excellent reputation on ebay (ecarey1952) and I think paypal would be the best way to go.

I really appreciate anyone willing to help me out.[/quote]

Same here looking for someone to pick me up a copy... Would pay for expensives

Hey all. Went to an FYE in Holyoke MA and they had 1 copy left. The sticker said 59.99 but I brought it up to them anyway. The lady was argumentative with me saying how if the sticker says that price, then thats what it is. Finally she scanned it anyways and it came up to $19.99. She was shocked and instantly ran over to her manager and said that was the correct price, just someone mustve forgotton to change the sticker on that one.

Def. would say good deal. I played the demo once before and liked it, but didn't want to spend $60 on it. For this price I got a feeling its a complete steal!

[quote name='BillyDKid']Called my nearest FYEs in Lawrenceville, GA area, they all said they didn't have it. One guy said they had all their games at 50% off for the last month and they had no good games left anymore... ah well[/QUOTE]In Lawrenceville, GA as in the Discover Mills Mall or is there another one that carries games in Lawrenceville? When I went to Discover mills they only had two small bins of 50% off and the rest didn't have signage and they didn't say anything about it. Their new game stock was really weak though.

[quote name='badhazard']yea i live in the buford area and i read your post about BB giving you some trouble, was wondering if it was the same BB at mall of georgia, i went to discovery mills mall all they had was a used one.[/quote]Buford, cool. I'm more precisely in the Lawrenceville area, but I say Atlanta for simplicity's sake. Yeah, it was a BB downtown that I tried the pm. They're pretty decent to deal with for PMs, but not always obviously. They did PM KMart's Fear on 360 for 7.50 web mistake from last year, but then they've not pm'ed stuff that's very simple and obvious. It's YMMV depending on who's working. I've found Sears is much simpler if you can find an employee in electronics. And I was disappointed when I saw that all they had was one used copy at discover mills.

South Park Mall in San Antonio still has a few. They've got some crazy stuff and prices in there. Also picked up the Indiana Jones Movie Collection 4 disc set for 29.99!

"I still havn't gone.
But i'm not helping some one get a bunch so they can ebay them : /"

^When I made the ebay reference, I wasn't suggesting I was going to sell them on ebay. I merely wanted to reassure anyone willing to pick me up a copy that I am trustworthy and reliable (as my record indicates).

If you are feeling in a generous mood, I would greatly appreciate it if you could pick up a copy for me. Like I said, I don't mind paying a couple extra $ for your trouble.

Thanks

No luck for me, my local FYE just sucks. They don't have any new games and all the used games are overpriced. Would have loved to pick up Bioshock for $20.

Hey, if any CAGs in central Massachusetts haven't been able to get in on this, there's a FYE near me holding a copy for me that it now looks like I won't get a chance to go pick up. If you want to pm me, I'll let you know which store it is and what name it's being held for so you can go grab it. I'd rather do it this way than just post it here so that there's not 5 or 6 people showing up claiming to be the one it's held for. ;)

Drove to Merritt Island, FL (20 miles north of Melbourne, FL), and although the FYE had a single copy in stock. Some bastard hid/stole it. Just my luck.

I'm still interested in getting a new copy from someone for around the price of $30. Help me out here :)

~HotShotX

The FYE in the Beaver Valley, PA mall was worthless. Only had used games and the only sale was a lame 'Buy 2 and get the 3rd half Off' for the last few piles of remaining used games. Poo.

Got mine from the Superstore on Transit Road in Williamsville, NY today. They had about 5-6 more copies when I was there. The price wasn't marked, so there's a good chance that the Saturday swarm of canadians haven't bought them all yet.

got two copies (myself and friend) at the white plains ny fye, none left someone else there boughtr the rest.

cheers,
miker

Just went in there and picked up a copy (it was the last copy). The game was marked as regular price still ($59.99) and I went up there and asked the lady at the counter and it rang up $19.99. Great deal!

picked one up last night at my fye at foxrun mall portsmouth ny. great deal! also got halo 3 for 19.99 after mail in rebate.

Memphis, TN.
Wolfchase Mall location had 2 left.

Finally, I arrive to find a deal like this and it's still in stock! :)

Went to Sears in the same mall and found Baten Kaitos Origins for $3.97 and Rogue Galaxy for $8.97 too. :) good day today!

I went to the 3 FYE's today. Got the last one at the Belden Village Mall in North Canton OH. The one is Stow OH was sold out and the one at the Chapel Hill Mall in Akron only had a used one priced at $49.99.

While I was there I noticed that they had the fully BC 60GB PS3 for $469 after a mail in rebate.

[quote name='jgressley']FYE in Richmond Heights, OH had three copies left after I picked mine up. Great deal![/quote]

Considering what the availiability of BioShock is in various FYEs, are there a team of CAGs out there willing to secure extra copies for the sole purpose of reselling them to CAGs for no more than Retail + Shipping? (Maybe $21 + $4-5 Shipping)

A decent amount of working together can ensure a cheap copy of BioShock in the hands of many appreciative CAGs.

And, if a couple of your are particularly interested, pick up a few copies for the Troops in Iraq: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165222

~HotShotX

bread's done
Back