Bioshock (360, new) $19.99 all FYE/Sam Goody B&M

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This was originally posted by averageguy, and then a mod added it to the 50% off YMMV thread for FYE. However this appears to be a national sale! Two stores in the phoenix area that were not clearing out their new games had this price. Many other CAGs all say their FYEs also have this price... so it doesn't appear to be YMMV and is not associated with the store-wide clearance sales happening at only a handful of stores.

UPDATE: Apparently Sam Goody has the same sale price.

The UPC is 710425299636, used copies will ring up for $49.99 because they have a different UPC.

CardShark4Life reports that the sale is valid through March.

[quote name='averageguy']

Bioshock 19.99 Fye YMMv xbox 360
Just got back from the Fye Superstore and noticed they had Bioshock for 19.99 straight out the door with no MIR

This was in the Hamburg, NY location[/quote]

[quote name='HotShotX']
I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171323

~HotShotX[/quote]

[quote name='pulsar0510']I picked this up today from my local FYE, only because I stumbled across this site. Game was marked $59.99 and they price checekd and said that price was correct. I told them I had read it online, but understood if they didn't participate in the promotion. Lo and behold they "checked with a manager" and the $19.99 price was correct. Not sure what their problem was, but thanks for the tip.[/quote]

When Halo 3 was on sale and had a rebate, the stores in my area wouldn't do it for me. No biggie, thats why I made sure to check the store I went to was selling Bioshock for $20 and everything else, including used games, were half off.

picked up 1 copy at the Brunswick, ME store yesterday (little hole in the wall store!) for $20, thanks to the OP!

-mattyp

Checked the FYE in Raleigh, NC's South Point mall and sadly, there was no discount going at all. I asked the manager about it and she said she hadn't heard a thing about markdowns. So if you're going to check this out in the Raleigh area, you might be disappointed.

I just clarified the whole 50% off thing in the applicable FYE thread.

And yes used copies should not be sold at 19.99, they are listed under different UPC's and therefore dont have to be part of the sale.

Strange. My FYE (Huntington Beach, CA) has not had the game (new and used) for as long as I can remember, and the systems ring up 49.99 used and 59.99 new. What the hell? So it's not a nation-wide sale, is it?

[quote name='Pookymeister']i guess ill go back tomorrow and see if they have any more.[/quote]

If you can do fellow CAG's a favor, can you grab extra copies if in stock. I will buy it from you and pay all expenses...

I have one for trade. I am looking for one of the following games either new and sealed (preferred) or mint and complete. Send me a PM if you want to trade :)

:360: Madden 08 Sorry I bought this game (for $25)
:360: Ace Combat 6 (new or mint/complete)
:360: Call of Duty 4 (new or mint complete)
:360: NBA 28k (new)
:360: Virtua fighter online (new or mint/complete)

[quote name='Dynasty1756']If you can do fellow CAG's a favor, can you grab extra copies if in stock. I will buy it from you and pay all expenses...[/quote]

Seconded. Come on guys, I keep seeing stories of how many of you are getting your copy for $20, but pass up on the extras to help distribute here to those who can't find it. Help out your fellow CAGs (you know, instead of ripping them off by trying to trade a now $20 game for a still $60 game).

I've made the following thread for the sole purpose of organizing the effort to pair up buyers and sellers for New FYE BioShock copies (hopefully, a total not for profit effort). Help your fellow CAGs, and check it out.

Edit: The BioShock trading thread wasn't deleted, it was only moved to the Deal Discussion thread.

~HotShotX

[quote name='tamno1']Strange. My FYE (Huntington Beach, CA) has not had the game (new and used) for as long as I can remember, and the systems ring up 49.99 used and 59.99 new. What the hell? So it's not a nation-wide sale, is it?[/quote]

It's hard to say. I know that a FYE by me had it in stock, but the very nice person on the phone quoted me the price as $59.99 new and $49.99 used. She apparently typed this in a computer of some sort. When I went to the store, the price was listed as $19.99 new by the game itself on the game rack. Game was sold out. I don't think the employee was lying to me - there's no reason for her to do it, but perhaps the in stock computer they use isn't connected to the register's pricing guide? I have no clue. Just a thought.

[quote name='HotShotX'] Help out your fellow CAGs (you know, instead of ripping them off by trying to trade a now $20 game for a still $60 game).

~HotShotX[/quote]

While I agree that trying to trade Bioshock for a brand new $60 is kind of crappy. Its not like its a $20 game. Its a close out/sale price at stores getting rid of video game stock. Its not a universal price drop. So its the person's prerogative to get what they feel its worth.

My local stores haven't gotten them in. I called the Parma, OH store and the lady on the phone said I was the 3rd person today to call them and see if it's back in stock. LOL. Oh well.

[quote name='HotShotX']Seconded. Come on guys, I keep seeing stories of how many of you are getting your copy for $20, but pass up on the extras to help distribute here to those who can't find it. Help out your fellow CAGs (you know, instead of ripping them off by trying to trade a now $20 game for a still $60 game).

Edit: The BioShock trading thread wasn't deleted, it was only moved to the Deal Discussion thread.

~HotShotX[/quote] im not trying to rip anyone off lol. I mean I said I would trade Bioshock (still a $60 game everywhere) for fucking Madden lol. I couldnt get the deal on CoD4 or Madden so whats wrong with trading? I thought thats what this site was about.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']im not trying to rip anyone off lol. I mean I said I would trade Bioshock (still a $60 game everywhere) for fucking Madden lol. I couldnt get the deal on CoD4 or Madden so whats wrong with trading? I thought thats what this site was about.[/quote]

lol agreed, this is not "now" a $20 game, that's like saying Turok is now a $40 game b/c I can find it at that price on ebay or something. jeez I mean this game isn't going for that much on ebay used either. Just sayin, quit hatin on the ones that did come up with a copy.

I don't know if we could possibly use this for price match, but at the FYE in Nashua, NH there is a sign in the window advertising Bioshock for 19.99, not sure if Best Buy would price match if you took a digital pic of the sign and brought it in.

I'll give them a call tonight and see what's up.

BB says no go since its not in stock at FYE.

Total BS that FYE doesn't even have any sort of documentation on this.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']nice... if that would happen could you post up the pic on CAG so I can print it out and take it in to my local Best Buy and price match[/quote]

I'm sure I'll be in the mall either tomorrow or Thursday for some reason, I'll carry my camera on me just in case it'll work for someone else.

[quote name='Tecka']FYE at Town Center, Kennesaw, GA doesn't sell games :([/quote]I think the only ones that sell games in our area are at Discover Mills Mall in Lawrenceville (never had it in stock), Northpoint in Alpharetta (a couple CAGs got some and it's OOS), and Douglasville (haven't heard back so probably OOS as well). If there are more in Atlanta, please post as I would like to grab Bioshock.

If anyone in the Northern Philadelphia area is looking for a copy of Bioshock you could head up to the Oxford Valley Mall. Went there today and they still have over 5 copies behind the counter, no one seemed to know about the sale either. I would've picked up some to give to fellow CAGers, but a bit low on the fundage right now.

Gah I didn't even know what FYE was till I read this. Anywaysss if anyones interested in buying extra copies of the game I'm willing to trade giftcards or games for it. PM me please =]

Went to the Sam Goodys in Dunn, NC and looked for a new copy. No Luck. Took a used to the register to get a price check and the guy was like "Well damn, you might as well get it new, since it's only $20 and cheaper then used." And he pulls the last new copy and gives it to me. Oh Happy Day!!!

[quote name='JCoyne1031']The FYE that I went to had it for $59.99[/quote]

Did you have them scan the price for you or did you just see the game on the shelf for that price? FYE is odd since they quoted me the price of $59.99 over the phone, but the game was definitely selling for $19.99 in store but was sold out.

[quote name='spideymike']Did you have them scan the price for you or did you just see the game on the shelf for that price? FYE is odd since they quoted me the price of $59.99 over the phone, but the game was definitely selling for $19.99 in store but was sold out.[/quote]

Wow! :whistle2:k That has happened at numerous FYE stores

[quote name='JCoyne1031']I had them type bioshock into their computer.[/quote]

That's what they did for me over the phone. I heard the lady type the info and the computer had the price at $59.99 - but in store there was definitely a tag stating the price for $19.99. I'm guessing that the in stock computer and the cash register scanner don't like each other. :)

My local FYE said that they get shipments in on Fridays. I'm not sure if that's the same for all stores, but I'm hoping that this game actually gets restocked.

Is Sam Goody's the same store as FYE? I think they're associated, right? Would the sale work there?
I'm in San Diego and I'm wanting this game BADLY. Thanks!

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Is Sam Goody's the same store as FYE? I think they're associated, right? Would the sale work there?
I'm in San Diego and I'm wanting this game BADLY. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, I was told yesterday that they are one in the same. Sam Goody is where I got mine at and they guy told me that they were the same thing. Go get it, my good man!!!

[quote name='mklight']lol only 1 sam goody in cali...[/QUOTE]

LOL... I didn't know that. I guess I lucked out because there's one downtown SD.

[quote name='mklight']lol only 1 sam goody in cali...[/quote]

I was all excited about Sam goody having the same deal, only to find out its 103 miles away :bomb:

and all the FYE store are out of stock and want me to buy used copies for 59

[quote name='joe2187']I was all excited about Sam goody having the same deal, only to find out its 103 miles away :bomb:

and all the FYE store are out of stock and want me to buy used copies for 59[/QUOTE]

same situation here...

I think I hate my local FYE. First they lied and told me that they had no copies of Bioshock. Today they have them, so I get it rung up and it's $62 before tax (I live in upstate NY). I live practically an hour away from any cities that has any good gaming stores or another FYE. Needless to say, it simply isn't worth the time and gas to drive that far away to get a copy when you can find them used online for $30. I'm just very bitter because I have been trying to get one since this deal was first posted.

[quote name='ryoga79']Yes, I was told yesterday that they are one in the same. Sam Goody is where I got mine at and they guy told me that they were the same thing. Go get it, my good man!!![/quote]

Sweetness, I didn't know they were the same thing. Good thing cause I'm going back to my mall today and hopefully they'll have a copy there!

bread's done
Back