Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
i ask because im very busy and dont have the time. i figure you guys have more free time

i don't see a movie tab in the spreadsheet?

Definitely not trying to be snarky nor act like I somehow have this "elite" status on a fucking website where I can judge others...but this time of year can get annoying when so many random people start asking for all these different things. Innocent or not, it's a little silly to think that other people don't have lives and are just on this website to create spreadsheets or compare prices for others at any given moment. I guess it's the nature of the game but still stupid nonetheless.
Seriously. Thank you for writing.

added a few more Meijer deals to the spreadsheet. if we've missed anything so far, add a comment! 

edit: and thanks to everyone who's worked hard to fill up this spreadsheet!

edit 2: i unlocked the sheet, but locked cells with content. for adding new games to the list, just pop them in at the bottom of the list and i'll re-sort. 

Definitely not trying to be snarky nor act like I somehow have this "elite" status on a fucking website where I can judge others...but this time of year can get annoying when so many random people start asking for all these different things. Innocent or not, it's a little silly to think that other people don't have lives and are just on this website to create spreadsheets or compare prices for others at any given moment. I guess it's the nature of the game but still stupid nonetheless.
Thank You glad someone gets it

A year from now, we'll all be anticipating Cyberpunk and TLOU2 BF deals, and hoping the One X/PS4 get huge markdowns, as the PS5/X2 (?) are about to release. Black Friday 2020 is gonna be wild. Gaming is never boring, ya'll...

i ask because im very busy and dont have the time. i figure you guys have more free time

i don't see a movie tab in the spreadsheet?
Why would you assume anyone on here has more free time than you do? You aren't entitled to someone else's time just because you're too fucking lazy to do something on your own.

Black Friday Walmart Thread is up: HERE

Everything shown on the ad is already listed, I'll check periodically to see if they update anything.

After reading the Walmart ad, it seems like their prices match up with Target's, and Best Buy beats them both when it comes to game deals. I'm not expecting much from GameStop, but hopefully they surprise us.

With the 1% back on my purchases with Circle and the 20% off on a future purchase coupon with a $50 purchase, Target has already won it for me.  Target has most of the same games as Walmart, but a few of the ones that I want are cheaper by $5 at Target.  And I have a few Target gift cards.  

It's possible that Walmart will have a few games that will randomly ring up for really cheap prices, but I will wait until Friday morning or afternoon to walk back into the store to scan random games as I always do.  There was just too much chaos in the store to do that on Thursday last year.

And other than being able to redeem a rewards coupon towards a purchase, I don't see how GameStop could even get me in the door at this point.

Oh well, at least now I won't be tempted to brave the crazy Walmart crowds.

Cmon, Gamestop.  You're my last chance at snagging MHGU for less than $30, apparently.  Also, I've had a gift card since last Christmas that I need to use up.

Super, super thankful for this spreadsheet. Is it possible to freeze the row with the store names, though? That'd make viewing it even easier.

Thank you to the person who put it together!!

I don't know if this is happening at any other Walmart but I ordered something online and when I went to pick it up, the worker gave me a stack of 10% off coupons to use online. 

The spreadsheet is showing Meijer as having God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, and Horizon Complete for $10 apiece, but I don't see any $10 games listed in the ad.  Am I missing something?

The spreadsheet is showing Meijer as having God of War, Gran Turismo Sport, and Horizon Complete for $10 apiece, but I don't see any $10 games listed in the ad. Am I missing something?

They're in the full-week BF ad; prices start Sunday, the 24th and are good all week.

So assuming I have to buy a switch lite at full price, am I better off getting one from Amazon (5% cash back) or gamestop with their points system (pro membership)? I'm thinking Amazon but I'm unsure.

Edit: or I think maybe I have 10% ebay bucks but I'm hesitant to buy from eBay.

So assuming I have to buy a switch lite at full price, am I better off getting one from Amazon (5% cash back) or gamestop with their points system (pro membership)? I'm thinking Amazon but I'm unsure.
Personally i think Gamestop is gonna have it bundled with a gift card like last year. However last year the Switch's did sell out pretty quickly. So its 50/50 if you wanna risk Gamestop running out or waiting a few days for Amazon to ship. I actually like the thrill of Black Friday so i enjoy going out haha

NOICE! I was wrong, Meijer pulled through for me yet again! Thanks for the info.
Meijer also is the only place you can get brand new releases (i.e. Luigi's Mansion) for the equivalent of $40 ($10 Meijer Bucks usable on 11/30 + $10 coupon for a future purchase for those games). Love it.

Personally i think Gamestop is gonna have it bundled with a gift card like last year. However last year the Switch's did sell out pretty quickly. So its 50/50 if you wanna risk Gamestop running out or waiting a few days for Amazon to ship. I actually like the thrill of Black Friday so i enjoy going out haha
Oh for sure if it's a deal I'll try my best to get that, but I'm just preparing for the worst case scenario. If gamestop ad drops without a deal I'll prob just buy it that day from Amazon.

Meijer also is the only place you can get brand new releases (i.e. Luigi's Mansion) for the equivalent of $40 ($10 Meijer Bucks usable on 11/30 + $10 coupon for a future purchase for those games). Love it.
Fortunate to have one nearby. Think I'll snag Days Gone and Rocketman on 4k. Will peruse other movies and (gasp) CDs at 50% off on the 24th as well.

Edit: or I think maybe I have 10% ebay bucks but I'm hesitant to buy from eBay.
AAFES exchange has them for $180 shipped currently if you qualify to use them (veteran or active military).

if using eBay, look for an AntOnline listing, they're an authorized Nintendo distributor.

Nothing for me this year. Been getting stuff I wanted around release or a bit afterwards for some better prices. Most of these prices are pretty aight though not amazing. Only one i'm really eyeing is Ni No Kuni for PS4, but I think i'll wait some more as I can't see that one staying higher priced. The Yakuza games are all priced well, and I did support them around release though I did get Yakuza Kiwami 2 a bit cheaper than MSRP. Somewhat sad in a way to see them crash in price, since I love the series and all, but they're all quality games and good prices. I think I only want Death Stranding and Pokemon Shield from the releases I haven't gotten, but I know likely no sale prices on either so will wait till next year or so since i'm swamped in games.

Really disappointed that there's no sales as normal on the Xbox Live cards. Those are normally $12.50, not $15...which isn't a deal at all.

Watch Gamestop's BF ad be fucking amazing this year.

And then when everyone tries to order stuff online the website shits out and no one gets any of the stuff at the BF prices (online anyway).

Damn. Was hoping to have the sheet updated with my current backlog, with separate columns based platform and whether or not I own it digitally or physically.

But this file is seriously kickass! Great work everyone who contributed!

What are your thoughts on the $29 Power A Wireless Nintendo Switch Controllers?

Walmart seems to be a flop for video games this year.

What are your thoughts on the $29 Power A Wireless Nintendo Switch Controllers?

Walmart seems to be a flop for video games this year.
They are alright for the price. I personally do not like them though, they feel cheap and the Pro Controller is much better.

Bummed out there's no sale on The Outerworlds, but it is expected. Relatively new game with good reviews
Yeah the game is selling itself on feedback ... no reason to cut their profits until sales slump. It'll get cheaper... just not this soon after launch.

Even my oldest son told me I needed to play that game... said it was one of the best gaming experiences he's had.

Does no one do like 50% off the year of PS+ or Xbox Live anymore last few years has only been the 3 months unless I'm missing it somewhere
I don't think I've ever seen PS+ at 50% off unless it was a price mistake. I think $39 is the lowest it has ever really been recently. Xbox Live however is the biggest joke of them all. I've never paid even close to full price; more like 95% off for years now.

Guess BB wins unless the GS ad is good, No Death Stranding deals?
Same for me, Walmart beats one 4k BD deal for me by $.04 but I'm just gonna buy it from BB since they're getting all my money anyway. Surprised actually since Target and GS were the winners for me last year, but BB just completely cleaned up this year. DS might get unadvertised deals but Kojima games don't really get sales until a year later from what I recall.

bread's done
Back