Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Swindled = Getting a new game? Do you buy sealed games just to keep them in the wrapping in look at them? If so, then yes, you have a problem.
You’re paying full price for a used game. You’re getting swindled, and you’re okay with it. You’re a part of the problem.

You’re paying full price for a used game. You’re getting swindled, and you’re okay with it. You’re a part of the problem.
Used game = game taken out of case, put into sleeve, and never used?

Huh. They might have to change the official definition of the word then.

Used game = game taken out of case, put into sleeve, and never used?
Huh. They might have to change the official definition of the word then.
It sure as hell isn’t brand new, and they wouldn’t consider it brand new if you were to return it, so what else would you call it?

The second the shrinkwrap is taken off, the game is no longer considered brand new, and therefore should not be sold like it is.

That’s bullshit, and you know it.

Member since November 2019. Nice troll account.

It sure as hell isn’t brand new, and they wouldn’t consider it brand new if you were to return it, so what else would you call it?

The second the wrap is taken off, the game is no longer considered brand new, and therefore should not be sold like it is.

That’s bullshit, and you know it.
The only difference is the plastic wrapping that has no effect on the game and gets removed as soon as you get home. Is it the best option for them to sell it like that? No. But if they are required to have a game case on display and the only way they can do that is removing the actual game and keeping the actual game new, I have no problem buying it. Doesnt make a difference to me as long as the game works.

Mind boggling how sensitive people are nowadays with first world problems. Do you think kids in 3rd worlders would complain about not having plastic wrapping on a video game case?

Is there any pre BF deals on Xbox One S 1TB?

Friend is flying to japan on turkey day and we do not have time to hit stores and wait in line for deals.

We were hoping a pre BF deal might exist since I see stores like GS are doing them for PS4s?

So I saw Playstation will sell PS4 Pros for $300 starting November 24th but I don't know which retailers participate in this deal or if it will be online and would like to know those two things if anybody knows about this deal.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2019/black-friday-week/
It will be the common price as it's Sony's BF sale. All of the general retailers but GameStop for sure. It's up to the retailer if they sell it starting on the 24th or if they wait until Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Either way the price is active starting the 24th online and off.

I also want to point out another example of where digital was supposed to save people money and the companies just completely fucked over the consumers. College text books. When I went to school in 1998, the prices were ridiculous. Like $150-$200 for some books, and you easily spent $800-1000 per semester on books. You could sell some back at the end of the semester and get like 30-40% back. My girlfriend decided to go back to school. They moved away from physical books because they weren't getting a cut of the resale market. Then there were book rental services, and they weren't getting a cut. So now even if they have a physical copy, they have an online code you need to buy for like $80 to do quizzes online. That Monopoly means they control every market. You can't pirate that shit, they set the prices, and give kickbacks to the professors so they keep using their books. It's a racket, and an ebook costs nothing but bandwidth and the authors time. It costs the publishers pennies to host an ebook.
College textbooks are fucking ridiculous. I had a voucher that helped cut the cost but even then I needed loans to pay for the rest. Stupid me should have kept all of my books and sold them privately. I regretted selling back my Art History book to the school because it was really expensive and I barely got anything back for it. They would tell us to buy books and some of the teachers/professors wouldn't even use them. Assholes.

Any way that you can make it so that the spreadsheet is downloadable? Also, putting "sort" options at the top of the columns would be great!
Is it just me or is the spreadsheet locked down to the point that you can't even make a copy for yourself now? Seems like a crumby thing to do after the community worked together on it.\
hey! i started the spreadsheet. definitely want people to be able to make copies. i just took a look on another account and was able to do that. just go to file>make a copy and give it another shot. let me know if you're still having trouble. does anyone else have issues with this?

i locked the spreadsheet down because some people were telling me it was getting trolled. i plan on opening it up again once some more black friday ads come through.

as for the request to add sorting in, we had that before, but if one person is sorting one way, it effects everyone. so i recommend making a personal copy and then adding sorting to that.

Any idea when Xbox will announce the deals that will be available on Xbox live? I always find a couple solid steals on there.

Mind boggling how sensitive people are nowadays with first world problems. Do you think kids in 3rd worlders would complain about not having plastic wrapping on a video game case?
Ugh go away. You nauseate me. Someone has a different opinion than you wow get over it.

I haven't ready through this thread but there's stuff going around that Fry's will begin their liquidation sale on Black Friday and will be shutting down at the end of the year.  No clue how true this is but it wouldn't surprise me - the Fry's near me is a ghost town.

Stores get a set number of systems in batches. Some will be available prior to Black Friday and then they get another batch. This is a 3 game bundle so it will be a hot ticket item. It would be in your best interest to go to a store before opening but there probably won't be much of a crowd if you're not in a big town/city. Usually the system availability lasts the entire day or near the end of day when it first becomes available.

This is Sony's sale so every retailer has this bundle or an alternate bundle. Your options are to buy it on the 24th or whenever the store you choose has it available up until December 2nd. The sale usually gets pushed a few days later after Black Friday and into Cyber Monday/Week.
what do you mean buy it on the 24th? i thought black friday is 29th? are you suggesting that Stores will start selling PS4 BF bundle starting on the 24th all the way thru 2 Dec?

Last year, all PS4 were sold out, as i couldnt get it anywhere. Gamestop was the first to sell out, followed by other retailers. Walmart and Target were also sold out. but when i went in the morning, it was after the horde had left the store and i only saw dust flying around. I felt really stupid. i'm just saying i dont want to make the same mistake. and there was no PS4 sale for Cyber Monday last year. if it was, it didnt match up to BF.

hey! i started the spreadsheet. definitely want people to be able to make copies. i just took a look on another account and was able to do that. just go to file>make a copy and give it another shot. let me know if you're still having trouble. does anyone else have issues with this?

i locked the spreadsheet down because some people were telling me it was getting trolled. i plan on opening it up again once some more black friday ads come through.

as for the request to add sorting in, we had that before, but if one person is sorting one way, it effects everyone. so i recommend making a personal copy and then adding sorting
Looks like copies can be made again. Earlier the file/edit/etc buttons were not appearing at all. Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before, this is a large thread. Will any of these deals be online, and if so, anyone know which ones? 

Sorry if this has been asked before, this is a large thread. Will any of these deals be online, and if so, anyone know which ones?
Yes, all of them. But, most of them are not going to be available until Thanksgiving or Black Friday for most stores.

i didn't change anything! either way, glad everything is working for you.
This happened to last year’s sheet too, weird Google feature where if there are a certain number of users viewing the page all at once they limit additional viewers to a barebones file that’s essentially just a formatted text file. Can’t be copied and all of the toolbar is hidden. This is the only context I’ve ever seen the user limit reached. Not much you can do to solve the issue unfortunately.

what do you mean buy it on the 24th? i thought black friday is 29th? are you suggesting that Stores will start selling PS4 BF bundle starting on the 24th all the way thru 2 Dec?

Last year, all PS4 were sold out, as i couldnt get it anywhere. Gamestop was the first to sell out, followed by other retailers. Walmart and Target were also sold out. but when i went in the morning, it was after the horde had left the store and i only saw dust flying around. I felt really stupid. i'm just saying i dont want to make the same mistake. and there was no PS4 sale for Cyber Monday last year. if it was, it didnt match up to BF.
The sale prices begin on the 24th. Last year GameStop had the Spider-Man bundle available early at the sale price prior to Black Friday. It's up to you to be there when sales go live and stock will go fast because of how good of a deal it is. There may be standalone consoles a little cheaper from Black Friday up until Christmas but those will be from ebay or some other store.

Get your ass to GameStop on the morning of November 24th before the store opens so you're there in line and can get a bundle. Online stock goes faster because of snipers and people who buy tons of stock to flip at a higher price.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/11/18/playstation-2019-black-friday-cyber-monday-deals-revealed/

Are anyone buying the PS4? If u live in Maine, can u guys not buy up all the PS4?
Last year all the Spider Man PS4 were sold out and I was really bummed out about it.
I really dont want to miss out this time.
Do you live in southern Maine and have a car? I go to stores in Mass and NH later in the afternoon and those stores had stacks of consoles still.

I think they do black friday sales, but check out Bullmoose. They may have less stock in store but you may be able to order from their website even if they don't have any in stock and then they'll send it to you when it's restocked. Not positive if that will be the case though.

So I have a question. I'm aiming for the Jedi: Fallen Order XBO-S bundle and I might take a leap at GS on Sunday.  My question is: will it likely just be in store, and with their Store Pickup option online, will it likely be available to schedule a store pickup for a Black Friday week bundle or do I need to consider making arrangements to leave work a little early to get there and hope there's not a line of people waiting for a bundle when the store opens?

So I have a question. I'm aiming for the Jedi: Fallen Order XBO-S bundle and I might take a leap at GS on Sunday. My question is: will it likely just be in store, and with their Store Pickup option online, will it likely be available to schedule a store pickup for a Black Friday week bundle or do I need to consider making arrangements to leave work a little early to get there and hope there's not a line of people waiting for a bundle when the store opens?
If it's anything like last year the pickup in store option was turned off. I saw that we received about 8-10 consoles (the one you're after) so really it's all a matter of preference. I know I'm not much help there

Do you live in southern Maine and have a car? I go to stores in Mass and NH later in the afternoon and those stores had stacks of consoles still.

I think they do black friday sales, but check out Bullmoose. They may have less stock in store but you may be able to order from their website even if they don't have any in stock and then they'll send it to you when it's restocked. Not positive if that will be the case though.
I live in Auburn Lewiston area, should be moving to a different state in a few months though. its about 2 hours and 15 mins away from Boston. i'm not quite sure if i want to fight the Boston horde. to my knowledge, there's a good chunk of people that goes to NH for the tax free element of shopping. Are you saying that, despite all this, Mass and NH has a better chance? sure there are more stores and more inventory, but also more people.

on one hand, i'd like to think that the PS4 will not be as hot this year allowing me to pick one up. but this is the same mentality i had last year and i failed.

Do we know the extent of Best Buy and Target starting their sales early (like the 24th)?  I'm looking at DQB2 at BB and Target Switch games but don't really feel like battling the Thursday/Friday crowd.

We were told a large amount of the BF stuff at Best Buy will be on sale well before Thursday. Sony saying their sale starts on 11/24 points to this being the case.

Appreciate the help all the same. I might need to make a run for it then on Sunday and hope there's no interest in that deal.

If it's anything like last year the pickup in store option was turned off. I saw that we received about 8-10 consoles (the one you're after) so really it's all a matter of preference. I know I'm not much help there

Pretty much all the ads are out but looks like that early leak was partially correct for what Walmart and other stores may have set prices at.

$150 Xbox One All Digital at most stores
$300 PS4 Pro on sale all week
$150 PS4 Slim ended up being $200 PS4 Slim with 3 games
$150 Switch Life end up being a few stores offering it for $170+ (Google Shopping and Fred Meyer)
$200 Switch didn't make the cut and instead stores are dumping last year's MK8 bundles with old Switch models
$400 Xbox One X end up being $350 for all bundles at most stores

At least most of the deals ended up being better than one of the ad pages they we're testing out. This year is still meh for deals but some gems here and there especially for people getting new consoles they otherwise didn't have.

Surprised there are so many people looking at buying PS4 Pros at this point in its life cycle.   Save that $300 and put it towards the $500 PS5 in 10 months IMO.  It will have backwards compatibility with these PS4 games too. 

Just seems really short sighted to be buying a new console right now, or even a redundant console if you already own some level of PS4.  

10 months.   

Could spend $300 now on a console that has a bunch of games worth playing or wait 10+ months for the PS5 which will be $200+ more (possibly), with possibly no games of worth (who doesn't want another Gran Turismo game) as well as may not be completely backwards compatible.

Sure a new console is coming out in a year but for now you get a console that is probably half the price of that console, with more games that are going to be $10/each and can get all that now.

Let people do what they want with their money but don't make it seem like they aren't making a good decision when the alternative option is all what ifs.

My 2014 2TB PS4 and 2016 Xbox One are still chugging along...knock on wood. Although, my PS4 sounds like a jet engine at times, and occasionally the Samsung Seagate HDD beeps for like 2-3 seconds. 

Only reason I would replace them is if they died, but seeing as we’re so close to the next console generation and they both support Backwards Compatability, I’d probably just wait it out if that scenario were to happen.

Could spend $300 now on a console that has a bunch of games worth playing or wait 10+ months for the PS5 which will be $200+ more (possibly), with possibly no games of worth (who doesn't want another Gran Turismo game) as well as may not be completely backwards compatible.

Sure a new console is coming out in a year but for now you get a console that is probably half the price of that console, with more games that are going to be $10/each and can get all that now.

Let people do what they want with their money but don't make it seem like they aren't making a good decision when the alternative option is all what ifs.
Is your 'telling people what to post / how to think' any more important or dignified than mine? Nope.

Hardly anything about the PS5 is "what ifs". It's all pretty cut and dry, for anyone who read the two Wired articles with Mark Cerny about the PS5 release.

Is your 'telling people what to post / how to think' any more important or dignified than mine? Nope.

Hardly anything about the PS5 is "what ifs". It's all pretty cut and dried, for anyone who read the two Wired articles with Mark Cerny about the PS5 release.
Nothing is cut and dry until it's actually released. Everything can change.

Hardly anything about the PS5 is "what ifs". It's all pretty cut and dry, for anyone who read the two Wired articles with Mark Cerny about the PS5 release.
The what if is the price which no one truly knows, the games which none have been announced (aside from the tech port of Gran Turismo Sport that Mark and others got to play), backwards compatibility has been announced but Sony has confirmed it isn't 100% working for all games and they are still having difficulties with it.

I'm not telling you what to post or say, I'm saying people aren't making a poor decision to buy a PS4 Pro now when the alternative is what ifs for the PS5 and the PS4 has many offerings now that are cheap. Continue posting, I'm not telling you not to.

I doubt we’ll ever see another $599 console price again, like the Phat PS3. Which is a good thing. 

Yea people saying "Durr wait for the new consoles" are mentally missing something. Current gen consoles are worth it more than ever now, and you'll always have the ability to play it down the line. You made the point I was going to make in this circumstance. When I got my Xbox One in Christmas of launch year, I barely touched it because there was absolute jack to play. I could've waited another year and gotten $100 or so off of it. BC might make this next gen different, but I also HIGHLY doubt theyll say on launch day that every single Xbox One/Ps4 game is backwards compatible.

However, I would suggest against the pro. You can get a slim for $150 and I dont think at all that the extra $150 is worth it for a slightly higher powered console if you are going to buy the next big leaped high powered console. You're also supporting the practice of releasing a second console in the same gen that was being sold at full price whichbasically had a small upgrade.

on one hand, i'd like to think that the PS4 will not be as hot this year allowing me to pick one up. but this is the same mentality i had last year and i failed.
Yeah, you're a bit of a hike so it may not be worth it. Not only are there more stores but I wouldn't be surprised if stores in maine have less inventory but I could be wrong. Hopefully you're able to get one. Keep an eye out online before friday. I got a PS4 last year and I wasn't planning on it so I got it later in the day.

Surprised there are so many people looking at buying PS4 Pros at this point in its life cycle. Save that $300 and put it towards the $500 PS5 in 10 months IMO. It will have backwards compatibility with these PS4 games too.

Just seems really short sighted to be buying a new console right now, or even a redundant console if you already own some level of PS4.

10 months.
Assuming GameStop survives that long (NICE MEME I KNOW), a Pro might fetch a nice trade value prior to launch making it possibly a $100-150 rental or $10-15/mo. That's less than a WoW sub and far better content for the price IMO.

I’ve gotten into the habit of buying systems at the end of their cycle for 3 big reasons: 1) allows me to avoid major hardware/software issues; 2) provides a nice earned-hype game library from which to pick; 3) saves me money. By the time I’m tried of my “new” old console, the next gen is cheap and I can repeat the cycle.

On that note, I’m planning to finally pick up a PSVR and was wondering if anyone has seen any BF sales for games other than Skyrim?

I’ve gotten into the habit of buying systems at the end of their cycle for 3 big reasons: 1) allows me to avoid major hardware/software issues; 2) provides a nice earned-hype game library from which to pick; 3) saves me money. By the time I’m tried of my “new” old console, the next gen is cheap and I can repeat the cycle.

On that note, I’m planning to finally pick up a PSVR and was wondering if anyone has seen any BF sales for games other than Skyrim?
Didn't buy a PS4 till 2016, and I honestly wish I'd waited another year. You wait, and everything goes down in terms of price and up in terms of quality. I learned this the hard way with my $500 Fat 80GB PS3 dying after 6 years, then having to buy a new PS3 Slim (with double the storage capacity) for half the price.

bread's done
Back