Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Ring Fit is selling too well to be discounted. My store just got in 40+ and I'm sure they will all be gone by the end of next week...

Ring Fit is selling too well to be discounted. My store just got in 40+ and I'm sure they will all be gone by the end of next week...
Yeah, GF even hinted last week that she's considering it. Guess I should be adding that to the list heh. Of course, always the added perks of being present for the "workout". ;)

Assuming GameStop survives that long (NICE MEME I KNOW), a Pro might fetch a nice trade value prior to launch making it possibly a $100-150 rental or $10-15/mo. That's less than a WoW sub and far better content for the price IMO.
The ps5 next year be about $550- $600
Ps4 pro msrp $300
Ps4 slim $150- $200

Ps4 pro is probably wont hit lower unless they release a ps4 pro slim

Anyone know if the ps4 pro is matte white?
Wonder if the white one is left overs or the newer hardware model. I know red dead 2 bundle last year has a better fan.

I doubt we’ll ever see another $599 console price again, like the Phat PS3. Which is a good thing.
Phat PS3 was $499. I understand the 60GB was $599 but i wouldn't take the highest priced model and make it sound like that is the standard price. this is a common misconception i hear from ppl over and over again. if your statement was made intentional, i apologize.

The ps5 next year be about $550- $600
Ps4 pro msrp $300
Ps4 slim $150- $200

Ps4 pro is probably wont hit lower unless they release a ps4 pro slim

Anyone know if the ps4 pro is matte white?
Wonder if the white one is left overs or the newer hardware model. I know red dead 2 bundle last year has a better fan.
PS5 will probably be 399, not more than 499

The RAM and SSD don’t cost as much as you think

The patents makes it seem like the SSD will have optional sizes you can pop in and out like a N64 expansion pak or 360 HDD.

The patents makes it seem like the SSD will have optional sizes you can pop in and out like a N64 expansion pak or 360 HDD.
Yeah even more reason to think it won’t cost that much

1TB SSDs are $100-$130 for PC accessory makers, that’s sold at 3-4x cost. They likely cost $40-$50 max to make, Sony will get an even bigger discount on it because they can guarantee 50-100M units vs maybe 100k-1M for a PC parts maker.

So a 1TB SSD will likely cost Sony $30-$40 per unit, about the same as a 500GB HDD in 2013

Wasn't there supposed to be a deal on digital Switch games? I swear I saw that a few weeks ago, but I can't remember where and can't find anything on it now.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Phat PS3 was $499. I understand the 60GB was $599 but i wouldn't take the highest priced model and make it sound like that is the standard price. this is a common misconception i hear from ppl over and over again. if your statement was made intentional, i apologize.
There was an option for $499 or $599. The majority of people bought the 60 GB over the other (the 20GB was discontinued like 6 months after release), so I don’t know what the hell your point is. The 60 GB was clearly the unit of choice.

The point I was trying to make, which you seem to have missed, is that a console should NEVER cost that much again. Even Sony admits the price was a mistake.

I remember the price dropped $100 like a week after I bought mine.

Wasn't there supposed to be a deal on digital Switch games? I swear I saw that a few weeks ago, but I can't remember where and can't find anything on it now.

Sent from my Razer Phone 2 using Tapatalk
Best Buy's going to have some of the $40 Switch games on sale for the same price for digital. Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Mario Tennis Aces were the ones advertised, I believe, with the possibility for others.

honestly i wouldn't even order from gs this year due to the way they treated gs dave.

it's sad when you work at a company for 20 years, win the sl of the year award for 3 years straight, run a prestige store with the highest amounts of preorders, gpg sales, and trade ins in the district and guess who they promote to dm? the current dm's son who was handed the sl position at his store, doesn't have a prestige store and his location managed is in danger of being closed down q1 2020 for poor performance.

i'm not feeling so good and i haven't eaten all day. i feel sick. i should bet he new dm. i deserve it. i worked my ass off for two decades to get this position and of course nepotism wins again. they didn't make dave sl of the year 3 years in a row for nothing. it doesn't help that he's a good looking chad.

sometimes you learn life lessons the hard way and in this case it just shows you that hard work doesn't pay off. connections, good looks, and being a trust fund kid does though. i work my ass off day after day, year after year and this is how im repaid.

just give up on your dreams is all i'm saying because no matter how hard you work it doesn't even matter.
There are better places to be when you see your path leads to a wall when you need an open door.

Lol shit as obnoxious as you've been dear Dave, I feel your pain. They do is shit to me at work and it hurts every time. Yeah yeah I could go elsewhere but stability is important.

So all of everything aside, I'm genuinely sorry that happened to you. I know saying your situation isn't unique and that it happens to people all the time doesn't help to make you feel better, but it's the sad reality of it.

Hopefully you can find some time to enjoy during the holidays and working retail doesn't ruin it all for you.

Edit: wait I see that thread you necro bumped you're still a jerk.

There was an option for $499 or $599. The majority of people bought the 60 GB over the other (the 20GB was discontinued like 6 months after release), so I don’t know what the hell your point is. The 60 GB was clearly the unit of choice.

The point I was trying to make, which you seem to have missed, is that a console should NEVER cost that much again. Even Sony admits the price was a mistake.

I remember the price dropped $100 like a week after I bought mine.
If the 60gb was the unit of choice, that suggest to me that the price wasn't the issue. Otherwise the 20gb would of been more popular. Especially when its designed for u to upgrade the hdd on ur own.

My point is that stating the PS3 launched at $599 is a bit misleading when it also launched at $499.

At the time, yes I agree it was severely overpriced.

If the PS5 launches at $499 in 2020, I would be upset, but I don't think its the same as PS3 launching at $499/$599 in 2006.

If the 60gb was the unit of choice, that suggest to me that the price wasn't the issue. Otherwise the 20gb would of been more popular. Especially when its designed for u to upgrade the hdd on ur own.

My point is that stating the PS3 launched at $599 is a bit misleading when it also launched at $499.

If the PS5 launches at $499 in 2020, I would be upset, but I don't think its the same as PS3 launching at $499/$599 in 2006.
methinks you need to familiarize yourself with the "FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE U.S. DOLLARS" meme.

methinks you need to familiarize yourself with the "FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE U.S. DOLLARS" meme.
Ok I googled the Memes. I have to say that was kind of funny.

P.S. - I will buy a PS5 when it goes on Black Friday sale for $199 in 2025.

source.gif

But if they are required to have a game case on display and the only way they can do that is removing the actual game and keeping the actual game new, I have no problem buying it.
They make display cases for used games that don't have an original case. They make high quality pre-display cases for games that haven't released yet.

Why the fuck can't they just use a display case instead of opening an actual game? Because so many people don't understand there are alternatives and Gamestop don't give a fuck.

They make display cases for used games that don't have an original case. They make high quality pre-display cases for games that haven't released yet.

Why the fuck can't they just use a display case instead of opening an actual game? Because so many people don't understand there are alternatives and Gamestop don't give a fuck.
Seriously. Haven't purchased anything at GameStop for atleast 5 years. Selling opened games as new is a joke. Why not give a discount atleast since the seal was broken and it's opened.

Gonna throw a party when they go out of business. I welcome my digital overlords.

Haven't purchased anything at GameStop for atleast 5 years.
Same. The last time I remember buying anything from there was around December 2014.

The only reason I plan go buy some BF stuff at GameStop this year is because I got a GS gift card last Christmas that I still haven't used yet. That's how little I go there.

I know this is the video game section...but im new to smart watches and was wondering whats the best deal for a watch for a pixel 3? Just need messaging and gps/maps really.

I know this is the video game section...but im new to smart watches and was wondering whats the best deal for a watch for a pixel 3? Just need messaging and gps/maps really.
I haven't received mine yet, but just recently ordered the Samsung Galaxy Watch. I also have a Pixel 3, and I went with this over all of the WearOS watches. The smaller one will be on sale at Target for $250, and the larger at Best Buy for $260.

I haven't received mine yet, but just recently ordered the Samsung Galaxy Watch. I also have a Pixel 3, and I went with this over all of the WearOS watches. The smaller one will be on sale at Target for $250, and the larger at Best Buy for $260.
WhiteAltruisticFirefly-max-1mb.gif

I couldn’t help myself.

hopefully someone can
Hopefully someone can help you with your lack of a sense of humor. It was just a joke, bud....a relevant one at that. I don’t care if you guys have smart watches. It’s all in good fun, guy.

well i have lessened buying new from their except preorders since its the only way to get new/packaged from them, it doesnt bother me as much if they open one for display purposes but i dont see the need to open all of them and sell them as new/used, not knowing if ur getting a used game instead of new is crap, gotten screwed over with that a couple of times, at least if u go to a good gs they will usually take returns easily without giving u problems

Gamestop has to do this or else people will just shop on Amazon.   I guess that's the world we live in when you have Amazon whom prices matches all game sales from major retailers, and they are able to skate by in America without having to pay any corporate taxes at all.  It's an unfair system; it's causing most of our brick and mortar stores to close.  It's a joke. 

Would be pretty funny if they were like, “fuck it; website’s gonna crash regardless and we’re on our way out, anyway. Lolz cya suckers”

Seriously. Haven't purchased anything at GameStop for atleast 5 years. Selling opened games as new is a joke. Why not give a discount atleast since the seal was broken and it's opened.

Gonna throw a party when they go out of business. I welcome my digital overlords.
What is up with all you guys who don't even shop at Gamestop wanting the store to fail. If you don't like shopping there fine but why even comment. Many of us on here get plenty of deals at Gamestop and for me it's the closest game store within 30 miles. Sometimes they don't have the best policies but they also employ a ton of people, yet you clowns want all these people to lose jobs.

What is up with all you guys who don't even shop at Gamestop wanting the store to fail. If you don't like shopping there fine but why even comment. Many of us on here get plenty of deals at Gamestop and for me it's the closest game store within 30 miles. Sometimes they don't have the best policies but they also employ a ton of people, yet you clowns want all these people to lose jobs.
Why do you care how we feel though? No one told you to stop going there. Keep supporting them, donate to them, whatever. It's a forum on the internet and people have different opinions. Did you just discover the internet?

I personally feel that GameStop treats both it's employees and customers like shit so I'm praying for their downfall.

Why do you care how we feel though? No one told you to stop going there. Keep supporting them, donate to them, whatever. It's a forum on the internet and people have different opinions. Did you just discover the internet?

I personally feel that GameStop treats both it's employees and customers like shit so I'm praying for their downfall.
CAG is a gaming Deals forum, maybe that's why? If I want some chuds opinion on Gamestop I can watch that loser Camelot's vids on youtube....

CAG is a gaming Deals forum, maybe that's why? If I want some chuds opinion on Gamestop I can watch that loser Camelot's vids on youtube....
Then block me. I don't know what else to tell you. Good job with the name calling too. Lol. Usually when people can't argue the content they start with the insults.

What's a chud btw?

Hey man, GameStop’s ad still hasn’t been posted yet so I think it’s only fair that we roast them.

Until the deals start next week there’s not much else to talk about anyway, so.....🤷‍♂️

I am not really tech savy--    Any advice on lap top deals from tech knowledable people?  Just looking to surf the net while giving my main lap top a break-  thanks

I am not really tech savy-- Any advice on lap top deals from tech knowledable people? Just looking to surf the net while giving my main lap top a break- thanks
I usually look at Slickdeals and use the keyword "laptop" to get notifications when they go on sale. I've found some great deals through that approach.

bread's done
Back