Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Got Shenmue 3 tonight, and Jedi Fallen Order a few days ago, for my brother for Christmas. Both cost me about $37 each after taxes and everything. I usually don't spend so much on him, but each year he gives me $100. And, this year I got some work, so I actually have cash to buy him gifts. Two years ago I didn't have any money to buy him anything, and last year I bought him a book about beer from the Dollar Tree. This year he finally got a PS4 Pro, after not having a console since the Wii, and he's a huge Shenmue and Star Wars fan, so I figured that these would be the best games to get.

Some ok deals have gone live, and especially Shenmue III for $35 for those who are interested. Nothing there for me yet. Btw, do your saved items get the sale prices before you add them to your cart? I'm hoping when the real sale hits I can just add things instead of having to hunt for them individually.
maybe, some of my saved items dont even show up and the others i cant tell if the sale price will show since they wont be early access, tried to add a couple of games, said it was save but didnt show up on the save list, seems their site is already running into problems

For Best Buy, anyone know when the Elite and Elite plus early access begins?

As for Gamestop, I heard they are doing early access for PRO Members, anyone know if this is true and when does it start?

As for Gamestop, I heard they are doing early access for PRO Members, anyone know if this is true and when does it start?
In years past it has been 1AM EST Sunday (Midnight CST where BBUY HQ is located).... so 14 hours from this posting. However, I have not seen anything officially saying that this year.

In years past it has been 1AM EST Sunday (Midnight CST where BBUY HQ is located).... so 14 hours from this posting. However, I have not seen anything officially saying that this year.
For some reason I thought it started Sunday night, not morning which is why I asked.

This is the early access sale. Elite members just get a few extra deals on the top of the page instead of getting it a day early.

I seem to recall only Last of Us is physical in this one. The other two games are digital.
Yes this is true, if you zoom in on the pictures on Best Buy two of the games say "Full Game Download" on the top and The Last of Us Remastered is bigger and clearly looks like a game in a case.

Do you think The Outer Worlds will get cheaper than $39.99 before XMAS? See it is that price on digital now?

Wanted to get Zelda BOTW from Target on BF, but concerned that it is out of stock right now.

Same thing with Car Mechanic Simulator. Early Access at Best Buy, but it too is out of stock.

So I'm leaving my job a little early in the morning to run and get to my GS nearby at store opening.  I'm a little antsy about it; hypothetical what if there's a group ahead of me and they're all buying an XBox One S.  If I called and was polite the sales associate who picks up the phone, are they allowed to answer how many they'd have available at opening tomorrow if they're asked?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone got recs for VR headsets? Not looking for Vive, Index, or Oculus right now; just want something cheap for casual gaming. I don't see many headsets on sale, except for Samsung Odyssey+ but the reviews are holding me back.

Found in store already selling for $200 at Walmart.

6aCLl47.jpg

Didn't know this was a double pack either.

ZnXFEHx.jpg

This isn’t the Best Buy Elite Access sale. This is for just any my Best Buy member. I was pretty disappointed until I realized that.

So I'm leaving my job a little early in the morning to run and get to my GS nearby at store opening. I'm a little antsy about it; hypothetical what if there's a group ahead of me and they're all buying an XBox One S. If I called and was polite the sales associate who picks up the phone, are they allowed to answer how many they'd have available at opening tomorrow if they're asked?

Thanks in advance!
You will be fine, there will be plenty of stock on the first day, especially if you intend to go around opening. You won't get specific numbers from employees, though.

$15 Killer Queen Black (NSW) at Gamestop today.

This isn’t the Best Buy Elite Access sale. This is for just any my Best Buy member. I was pretty disappointed until I realized that.
BB is saying that IS their early sale for Elite on the fourms.

So I'm leaving my job a little early in the morning to run and get to my GS nearby at store opening. I'm a little antsy about it; hypothetical what if there's a group ahead of me and they're all buying an XBox One S. If I called and was polite the sales associate who picks up the phone, are they allowed to answer how many they'd have available at opening tomorrow if they're asked?

Thanks in advance!
Thank you for the laugh today. GS has the worst One S deal for all of the retailers, you'll be fine.

I'm free the whole week and I don't care about the cash back on everything everywhere else that has the S deals this BF. GS is the only one, aside from Walmart, that is actually close. But happy you got your condescending laugh out of the way.

Thank you for the laugh today. GS has the worst One S deal for all of the retailers, you'll be fine.

Does anyone know approximately what time the Meijer sales switch over? There are a few games and movies I would like to get from the Black Friday Deals all week flyer I would like to grab.

Is Control for Xbox One really only going to be on sale at Gamestop? Seems strange that the PS4 version for that is listed everywhere, but just GS for XB1.

Is Control for Xbox One really only going to be on sale at Gamestop? Seems strange that the PS4 version for that is listed everywhere, but just GS for XB1.
I mean, I don’t see why not since it’s a multi-platform game.

Guess we’ll just have to wait and see for the other stores.

It's a shame GameStop didn't have a trade-in bonus for systems this year as I would have liked that glacier white PS4 Pro but don't feel like spending a few hundred plus tax on just a basic console with nothing else ($25 coupon credit is not a good incentive).

Their deals this year suck compared to last year and that goes for a majority of stores. 

It's a shame GameStop didn't have a trade-in bonus for systems this year as I would have liked that glacier white PS4 Pro but don't feel like spending a few hundred plus tax on just a basic console with nothing else ($25 coupon credit is not a good incentive).

Their deals this year suck compared to last year and that goes for a majority of stores.
I would have been surprised if they did, given that they had one about a month ago.

Just bought the Switch bundle at Walmart with Minecraft for $299. It is the new V2 Switch.

Ah nice, Walmart has theirs up now too. Didn't realize the Spec Ops xbox controller was everywhere; $39 sure beats that garbo deal BB was offering at $50. Done deal.

bread's done
Back