Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow Gamestop showing up early way to go. Got everything I wanted just now.
Ah nice, Walmart has theirs up now too. Didn't realize the Spec Ops xbox controller was everywhere; $39 sure beats that garbo deal BB was offering at $50. Done deal.
And now Best Buy has finally released the hounds.
Did I oversleep by a week? What is going on? This is a new record. They're going to sell out of everything by the actual day.

Edit: I guess I'm a fool for hoping Amazon will PM (I've got some credit to burn). They're sleeping on all the deals as usual.

Any of these GS and Walmart deals going to be in store tomorrow? I've got these stupid Visa giftcards I end up sitting on all year for BF catch up, and have had trouble in the past using them online.

EDIT: Asking based on past experience. Usually I've just done my shopping that Friday after work.

Got Days Gone at BB, now all I'm waiting on is RE2 for $15 and John Wick movies in 4k. Awesome start to. . .uh, Black Sunday?

Lol, just saw the FP about Switch Lite. Nintendo is so fucking stupid lol.

Hey I'm looking for a nice 20-50 dolalr headset.  I've been usin gthis pos BeeExcellent i got on amazong for 25 bucks and the cord is frayed.  ANyone have a good recommendatoin? I'mnot looking for lik e 80-100 turtle beach i use to game just a general pair of headphones for youtube and or possible controller plug in

Ugh. I need those blu-rays and games I want NOW NOW NOW! It sucks when only a few things go on sale so you have to place multiple orders over time instead of one nice plump load right into your cart.

I need Devil May Cry V and Tetris Effect for super cheap. It would be nice if someone actually had DMC V for $9.99 since it doesn't have any of the bonus stuff.

Hey I'm looking for a nice 20-50 dolalr headset. I've been usin gthis pos BeeExcellent i got on amazong for 25 bucks and the cord is frayed. ANyone have a good recommendatoin? I'mnot looking for lik e 80-100 turtle beach i use to game just a general pair of headphones for youtube and or possible controller plug in
I think Sony was selling the Gold Wireless Headsets for $65 if you're willing to spend a little more.

Ugh. I need those blu-rays and games I want NOW NOW NOW! It sucks when only a few things go on sale so you have to place multiple orders over time instead of one nice plump load right into your cart.

I need Devil May Cry V and Tetris Effect for super cheap. It would be nice if someone actually had DMC V for $9.99 since it doesn't have any of the bonus stuff.
Did you miss the Gamestop Pro Day sale of $10 Tetris Effect a few weeks ago?

Wow; never expected to almost be done by now.

Just waiting on RE2, Rage 2, NFS Heat, and maybe some 4K titles.

Looks like Amazon has done some price matching. I'm still waiting for Red Dead Redemption 2 to hit $25. Really wish they would match Meijer's Days Gone for $15.

Edit: Anyone else panicking and forgetting what they wanted?

My BF shopping is done, got the PS4 1TB bundle from GS once the early sale started. The only other item on sale that I want is the red camo DS4 controller. I can wait on buying games for PS4 and XB1, have enough for now.

Edit: I lied about getting games. Picked up Spider-Man GotY Edition for $15 from BB. Only game I'm buying for sure because it's the one I wanted the most.

Black Friday starting on Sunday has me kind of sad. I hope that somebody invents an old people trampling simulator, so that I can still get my fix of the true reason for the season.

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Switch) was only $9.99 at GameStop. Available for in-store pickup only but I jumped on that one.

I haven't bought anything. I've got three separate carts full of "fantasy" items that I've been staring at for the past two hours, but in reality, I can't afford any of it. I'm depressed.

'Tis the season.

Black Friday starting on Sunday has me kind of sad. I hope that somebody invents an old people trampling simulator, so that I can still get my fix of the true reason for the season.
Its great. I wish it started in October. Problem is, I wish it actually started today/october. The current deals are the lackluster ones.

It's a shame that in 2019, a deal on an XBOX One controller is $39. Feels like it's been that price for years now. Oh well. Amazon price matched the Phantom White, and Red special edition controllers so I bought 2 since I go through one every 2 months.

I haven't bought anything. I've got three separate carts full of "fantasy" items that I've been staring at for the past two hours, but in reality, I can't afford any of it. I'm depressed.

'Tis the season.
I feel you, I already bought like five games for myself, and they are all getting shipped here now. I may take some back, or give them as gifts to family, but I just get so greedy this time of year. It's pretty much the only time that I can afford to buy video games.

I feel you, I already bought like five games for myself, and they are all getting shipped here now. I may take some back, or give them as gifts to family, but I just get so greedy this time of year. It's pretty much the only time that I can afford to buy video games.
I kinda just wish we could skip to Christmas and see if there are any better deals by then. I always end up regretting all of my purchases, whether I buy them or not. Some things end up being cheaper, and some things end up not being on sale at all.

I kinda just wish we could skip to Christmas and see if there are any better deals by then. I always end up regretting all of my purchases, whether I buy them or not. Some things end up being cheaper, and some things end up not being on sale at all.
Which is why you stick to $20 and under games on BF. You arent going to get burnt.

Which is why you stick to $20 and under games on BF. You arent going to get burnt.
Even when I do this, I still have some buyer's remorse. I still haven't finished a few of the games that I bought two or three Black Fridays ago. I just jump from game to game without finishing the majority of them. When you're a kid, you feel like you have unlimited time to play video games, and your parents buy them for you. But, when you're an adult, your time and cash is extremely limited.

That's a good rule of thumb, though the majority of games on my list are $20 and they add up quickly.

Sometimes it helps to type things out, so here are a few games I'm considering (though who knows if I'll ever get to them any time soon).

Concrete Genie - $20 (really want to play this, but wish it were cheaper)
Days Gone - $20 (holding out for $15 if possible)

Red Dead Redemption 2 - $25 (more than $20, but Rockstar games tend to hold their value and this came out over a year ago)

Shenmue 1+2 - $15 (am I even in the mood to play through these right now?)

Shemmue 3 - $35 (I'm a completist so I would want to play all of them in order, but when will I get to this? Will the Steelbook still be available later?)

Various Yakuza titles - $10-15 (way too many games to play, and PlayStation Hits games tend to go on sale pretty often)

The more I think about it, the more I want nothing. Except Death Stranding for 20 bucks, goddamnit. :p

Edit: As I was typing this, Days Gone just became unavailable from my Amazon cart and now I am immediately regretting not pulling the trigger.

That's a good rule of thumb, though the majority of games on my list are $20 and they add up quickly.

Sometimes it helps to type things out, so here are a few games I'm considering (though who knows if I'll ever get to them any time soon).

Concrete Genie - $20 (really want to play this, but wish it were cheaper)
Days Gone - $20 (holding out for $15 if possible)
Red Dead Redemption 2 - $25 (more than $20, but Rockstar games tend to hold their value and this came out over a year ago)
Shenmue 1+2 - $15 (am I even in the mood to play through these right now?)
Shemmue 3 - $35 (I'm a completist so I would want to play all of them in order, but when will I get to this? Will the Steelbook still be available later?)
Various Yakuza titles - $10-15 (way too many games to play, and PlayStation Hits games tend to go on sale pretty often)

The more I think about it, the more I want nothing. Except Death Stranding for 20 bucks, goddamnit. :p

Edit: As I was typing this, Days Gone just became unavailable from my Amazon cart and now I am immediately regretting not pulling the trigger.
Days gone is $20 everywhere, but I'd make strong bet it will definitely be $15 in the christmas sales. Concrete genie will be $10 in no time, and shenmue 3 will probably keep dropping.

RDR2 for $25 is very good, especially if you play it now. Amazing game that you're right will hold its value, and I cant see it being cheaper than $25 at Christmas, probably the same. Yakuza games are very good value currently, only reason I'm not biting is I'm waiting for the Xbox versions.

You should always try and keep your gaming buys to under $20 except in the rare cases, but that's just to save easy money. I wouldn't necessarily worry about games being cheaper before you get to play them, as that's always going to happen. My one exception last year was AC Odyssey, which I paid $27 for. I didnt play it until this summer (and I think it hit $20 before then) but I got almost 70 hours out of my playthrough without any DLC which made it worth it.

Early access is great and all but if you can get all the deals now, what's the point of buying anything on BF? :/ I just feel like gonna have surprise bundles and extra discounts. Like I can run out and grab a PS4 controller now then magically it'll be like $35 at some point between Friday through Monday.

PSVR at BB is tempting but will wait for the Kohl’s deal with $60 back. I already have RE 7 and rather have Moss that’s in the Kohl’s bundle than the others. Astro Bot still the game motivating me to do this either way. :)

My entire life has been limitation on spending. It comes at the worst times when you want to actually be buying things but right now I'm royally fucked because I have to buy all new tires for my car and I have to buy new contact lenses. I envy people with money to burn and their frivolous daily purchases.

My entire life has been limitation on spending. It comes at the worst times when you want to actually be buying things but right now I'm royally fucked because I have to buy all new tires for my car and I have to buy new contact lenses. I envy people with money to burn and their frivolous daily purchases.
No judgment in that statement. 😂

My brother is the head sound guy for the new Warriors stadium in San Francisco. And, he makes at least five figures a year. I am a background actor/model in movies and TV shows, and I barely make $5,000 a year if I am lucky. Which is about how much I made when I was working full time at Six Flags. I basically shop at the Dollar Tree to live. So, sites like this are extremely helpful to help me save money on games.

I saw the shadow of the tomb raider definitive edition is listed at best buy for 29 on the spreadsheet, but showing 39 on the site.  The croft edition is 29 and showing black friday tag price on it.  Is that a mistake on it?

It's a shame that in 2019, a deal on an XBOX One controller is $39. Feels like it's been that price for years now. Oh well. Amazon price matched the Phantom White, and Red special edition controllers so I bought 2 since I go through one every 2 months.
How is that possible? Are your hands made of steel or something? Are you really rough with your controllers? Do you throw them around a lot? I can’t fathom going through any controller within two months of purchasing it.

No judgment in that statement.
:razz: :wave:

My brother is the head sound guy for the new Warriors stadium in San Francisco. And, he makes at least five figures a year. I am a background actor/model in movies and TV shows, and I barely make $5,000 a year if I am lucky. Which is about how much I made when I was working full time at Six Flags. I basically shop at the Dollar Tree to live. So, sites like this are extremely helpful to help me save money on games.
San Francisco is a very expensive place to live. The only thing I can say is don't limit yourself and seek a future that allows you to live and not just merely exist. We should all aspire to that regardless of obstacles we face. There is nothing wrong with seeking a deal to save money when it's needed.

:razz: :wave:

San Francisco is a very expensive place to live. The only thing I can say is don't limit yourself and seek a future that allows you to live and not just merely exist. We should all aspire to that regardless of obstacles we face. There is nothing wrong with seeking a deal to save money when it's needed.
He doesn't live in SF, he just works there. I also work there. Most of the money I make, goes to transportation to SF. It costs me $60 a day to get there and back for work. I live up near Sacramento.

Submitted pricing to Amazon for the $14.99 on Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair,  for PS4 and Xbox One. Looks like they changed the price on the PS4 version for anyone that is interested.

I grabbed one for PS4, along with Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III which they've also matched at $39.99. 

He doesn't live in SF, he just works there. I also work there. Most of the money I make, goes to transportation to SF. It costs me $60 a day to get there and back for work. I live up near Sacramento.
That money for commuting is a definite burn. Maybe you could stay with some friends in the area during your work week so you don't have to commute so much. How far is the distance between San Fran and Sacramento?

You're spending a new game a day.

That money for commuting is a definite burn. Maybe you could stay with some friends in the area during your work week so you don't have to commute so much. How far is the distance between San Fran and Sacramento?

You're spending a new game a day.
It's almost 100 miles. And, all of my friends moved out of the Bay Area long ago, unfortunately. I don't work all that often, luckily. It would kill me to have to commute five days a week. The train rides are three hours each way.

Amazon has finally done a lot of price matching for video games. Spiderman GOTY edition $14.99 and Days Gone $19.99. I even saw a copy of Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon down to about $23.00 (hasn't dropped below $34 for a while).

They have also put up some Playstation 4 hits for $9.99.

Interested in Days Gone. How is the frame rate as of the latest patch (1.60)? I would be playing on regular PS4.

I ordered PS4 Slim from Walmart at midnight last night because Amazon hadn't started their deal. I just saw Amazon is now pricing the same this morning so I ordered from Amazon and cancelled Walmart order. Does anyone know how Walmart cancels work? It says Cancellation Requested but I don't know how long it takes to go through or if I should expect any issues. I don't want 2 bundles, it wasn't shipped yet so I should be fine right??

Anyone know what the in store price for the Death Stranding PS4 Pro is at Best Buy? All other PS4 Pro's are $300 but can't check that one since it's delisted from their website.

Got to my local Meijer around 8:20. Fairly picked over, but did snag Days Gone for $15, and Secret Life of Pets 2 and X-Men Dark Phoenix for $12 each in case we don't make it to Walmart. I know, I've heard Dark Phoenix is abysmal, but whatevs.

bread's done
Back