Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
didnt see a topic posted but their is a long list on majornelsons for digital that goes through monday, alot of it just matches sonys but their are a few worth getting, wish they would sell forzaa 3 standard, missed it when it was on sale years ago and combos and ultimate editions went on sale, seems they are only pushing 4 since it came out to be on sale
I guess I should clarify, I'm specifically referring to Xbox Live Gold membership deals.

The spreadsheet suggests that you can get an Xbox One S Jedi bundle at Target for $200 + $40 GC, but the Target ad fine print looks more like that $40 GC is only for X bundles.  Anyone know which is right?

Got what I really wanted in early sales, Control, MHW Iceborne and DQB2.

Thinking about the $5 Anthem, Shadow of TR, Man of Medan.

Any cheaper PS+ deals than $45?

I ordered Catherine on bestbuy’s site and just picked it up and they gave steelbook/launch edition. 😄

Does anyone know of any good black friday deals on the TCL 6 series 2019 QLED model?  The best price I see is on Amazon for $599. My friend is looking for a new TV and this TV seems to be the best bang for the buck within her budget as she also wants a soundbar.

Does anyone know of any good black friday deals on the TCL 6 series 2019 QLED model? The best price I see is on Amazon for $599. My friend is looking for a new TV and this TV seems to be the best bang for the buck within her budget as she also wants a soundbar.
I don't wanna sound like a broken record but there's better tv deals around Superbowl if they can wait

Does anyone know of any good black friday deals on the TCL 6 series 2019 QLED model? The best price I see is on Amazon for $599. My friend is looking for a new TV and this TV seems to be the best bang for the buck within her budget as she also wants a soundbar.
I assume you are talking about the 55". Rakuten has it right now for $500 after coupon code.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record but there's better tv deals around Superbowl if they can wait
I know this but I doubt she can wait for 2 months. She's moving into a new apartment in a week.

I assume you are talking about the 55". Rakuten has it right now for $500 after coupon code.
Yes I am. I'm not familiar with that site. I take it BB or Target won't price match it. I'll see if she's okay with getting it shipped to her. Thanks.

We recently got this Vizio M Series. Absolutely love it. Unless she specifically wants the built in Roku, I'd recommend the Vizio.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-55-class-led-m-series-quantum-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6345457.p?skuId=6345457

Best Buy also has the TCL for $599 as well

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-class-led-6-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6367716.p?skuId=6367716&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=422&ref=212&loc=1&ds_rl=1260573&ds_rl=1266837&ds_rl=1268709&gclid=CjwKCAiAlO7uBRANEiwA_vXQ-xWDV0mqflCYlj_CgLlTSz154oIWpBw8vazqJBTLUuqbY8lfzf7DXBoCPBQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

And Rtings comparison:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/vizio-m-series-quantum-2019-vs-tcl-r625/845/1591

I know this but I doubt she can wait for 2 months. She's moving into a new apartment in a week.
Yes I am. I'm not familiar with that site. I take it BB or Target won't price match it. I'll see if she's okay with getting it shipped to her. Thanks.
Rakuten is reliable. Top tier.

Thanks. My friend knows very little about tech. She told me she wants a TV she can talk to and that has a lot of apps. The TCL fits that bill and I've read a good amount of articles that call it the best TV for the money. She wants to spend under $1000 for a TV and soundbar. I was looking at the P-series Vizio TVs before I pretty much settled on the TCL. It's just an all in one TV that is easy for her. No extra stuff for me to hook up and teach her how to use other than the sound bar. I did check out the comparison and I still think the TCL is better for her.

Rakuten is reliable. Top tier.
Okay. Good to know. That $100 off deal is okay good until tomorrow so she needs to act fast. The cheapest I've seen the TV other than Rakuten is $550 so only $50 off. I just have to verify that the TCL will have built in Disney plus that plays 4K/DV or HDR 10 but I'm almost positive it does.

Any chance stores will price match from 11 states away?
No stores should be price-matching this week, so that's double the YMMV on top. IF you try, the best bet is to go via chat and have them confirm your zip code (which is conveniently just down the street from the store you're PMing ;)) then have them ship or even store pickup near your house if you're feeling bold. CSRs aren't meant to think, just follow cue cards so once you get past their guard dog questions, they'll do whatever the fuck you want lol.

This set only has the 4k disc no regular Blu-Ray, if that means anything to you. I saw an unboxing on yt.
I was actually surprised it was a 4k set lol. I have no use for BD, or even DC for that matter, so it worked for me. I ended up flipping the chapter 3 steelbook I had almost immediately after ordering one of these for the same price. So that worked out lol.

Received a coupon of 10% off maximum $20 at eBay cause I received a wrong code last week.

there is a deal of switch lite plus Pokémon Sword or Shield at $229.

Should I pull the trigger now or wait for a “better” deal on BF?

Does Walmart have any good 4Ks on sale?
Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg

I noticed Best Buy had Catherine: Fully Body Standard Edition for $24.99 online and showed that my local store had 2 copies in stock.

I was heading there for a store pickup order anyway (Spider-Man GOTY) so I checked the PS4 section and I couldn't find any Standard Edition copies but there were 2 copies of the Launch Edition (Steelbook) on the shelf.
I had an employee check the price for me and it rang up $24.99! :)

The site now shows that my local store only has 1 copy left in stock so I guess the SKUs for the Launch & Standard editions got merged in their system?
Yep, ordered online for store pickup and got steelbook launch version. Thanks.

If you can find it, the 2018 model should still ring up at $399 at Best Buy. Its removed from their website, but some stores should still have stock. I just picked mine up a week ago walking into a BB and just seeing it on the floor. Its the R615 model, and it looks fantastic. Does Dolby Vision really well; it doesnt have the QLED panel that the 2019 model has, but at $399 easily the best value for money you can find.

Thanks. My friend knows very little about tech. She told me she wants a TV she can talk to and that has a lot of apps. The TCL fits that bill and I've read a good amount of articles that call it the best TV for the money. She wants to spend under $1000 for a TV and soundbar. I was looking at the P-series Vizio TVs before I pretty much settled on the TCL. It's just an all in one TV that is easy for her. No extra stuff for me to hook up and teach her how to use other than the sound bar. I did check out the comparison and I still think the TCL is better for her.
I have a 65" 2016 P series, paid over 2k for it. Wish I would have waited like a year because prices dropped like crazy and mine has a yellowish band that you can see during dark games and movies. When playing games I forget it's there but it sucks during shows and movies. Can also notice it when the screen is mostly white like watching hockey. Also have some handshake issues with my PS4 where I have to unplug the TV or HDMI because the picture blacks out or gets checkered. Also don't know if it's the TV or the Vizio soundbar but Netflix on PS4 and some games the audio cuts out.

Damn. I was hoping GOW would be part of GameFlys sale so I could get a blue case version.
My local Best Buys still have blue ones mixed in with the red. You should try in-store since apparently the $9.99 price is live.

Snagged the Only on PS bundle and thrilled. For any CAGs using a Discover card - the 20% pay with Cashback (Amazon) seems to apply here, making it a $150 bundle. Good God, can't be beat.

Regarding the ads like Best Buy, when they list a game like Sekiro and show PS4, do they really mean the deal is ONLY effective on the PS4 version?  Or will it apply to the Xbox One version also?

It seems weird that all these multiplatform games would only go on sale for only PS4 or only Xbox One, but never both consoles at the same retailer.

Regarding the ads like Best Buy, when they list a game like Sekiro and show PS4, do they really mean the deal is ONLY effective on the PS4 version? Or will it apply to the Xbox One version also?

It seems weird that all these multiplatform games would only go on sale for only PS4 or only Xbox One, but never both consoles at the same retailer.
99% of the time it is for both systems

Shouldve never played Borderlands 3 for the free weekend, because now I need to buy it. Wasnt planning on it until it hit the $15 range, but it's a very fun game. $27 isnt too bad.

Has anyone seen these games for $40 or less? I thought by now these games would at least be on sale for black friday for $30
Outer worlds
The surge 2
Code vein

Also I see target ad says over 30 games for $30 but they only show like 5 games. Any chance the games I mentioned are part of that deal?

Has anyone seen these games for $40 or less? I thought by now these games would at least be on sale for black friday for $30
Outer worlds
The surge 2
Code vein

Also I see target ad says over 30 games for $30 but they only show like 5 games. Any chance the games I mentioned are part of that deal?
Outer Worlds is way too soon to be $30...and probably too early to be $40.

But it's definitely possible with Target. Tough to say until the deals go live.

bread's done
Back