Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Is there's definitely going live at 1? I know Target is 3
Traditionally they do, and that is also when all their daily and weekly sales start. However someone mentioned that they started an hour earlier last year (which I do not remember myself), so it may be best to start checking in intervals starting at midnight.

Square Enix Store added physical items to their sale.  Good prices too.  $12.50 for Lost Sphear Switch.  A lot of X1, PS4, PS3 & 360 games are $5.  Deals on CE's too. 

Not yet. Its holding on most sites at $29, with amazon being the lowest at $24.

This year has been a little odd with some retailers jumping the gun and letting some, but not all, of their prices go live so early.
I wasn’t asking if it was on sale yet. Pretty sure it is $15 when all BF deals go live on GS.

Question on the Lenovo Black Friday deals..

In the market for the $350 Oculus Rift S. I notice that the sale price isn't on the website yet, however their homepage says "Black Friday deals live, doorbusters start Thanksgiving at 12AM."

Is Lenovo also a brick and mortar store? I am not sure if this $350 Rift S will be on the website now.

Question on the Lenovo Black Friday deals..

In the market for the $350 Oculus Rift S. I notice that the sale price isn't on the website yet, however their homepage says "Black Friday deals live, doorbusters start Thanksgiving at 12AM."

Is Lenovo also a brick and mortar store? I am not sure if this $350 Rift S will be on the website now.
Why buy from Lenovo instead of Best Buy or one of the other retailers that will have the same price?

I'm slightly surprised Amazon isn't doing much early and hasn't advertised anything other than their hardware. I'm waiting for some stuff to hopefully hit Prime Day prices.

I'm slightly surprised Amazon isn't doing much early and hasn't advertised anything other than their hardware. I'm waiting for some stuff to hopefully hit Prime Day prices.
lol amazon, I haven't done business with Amazon in years. After there crappy years I've moved on to best buy or walmart. I still remember the good ol days though.

Not sure if this is old news but Target has Final Fantasy XII for $20 for RedCard holders. It wasn't shown in the spreadsheet but is lowest + additional 5 percent.

So I ventured out to Best Buy this afternoon. Traffic was so-so, the store was marginally but not overly crowded. Stock was kinda low, but I was able to pick the items I wanted off the shelf, no problemo. Only two people in front of me in line. BF seems surprisingly civil and somewhat anticlimactic this year.

I took a moment to check for any "secret" bin deals, but it was all as advertised. I did take a gander at Catherine: Full Body and all the copies on the shelf were the standard plastic cover. I didn't end up going that way anyway. I think my shopping is more or less done barring any "Surprise!" sales between now and Cyber Monday.

Related note: Is this the best deal for external hard drives this year? I bought a 4TB last year on BF but I already filled it up.

So I ventured out to Best Buy this afternoon. Traffic was so-so, the store was marginally but not overly crowded. Stock was kinda low, but I was able to pick the items I wanted off the shelf, no problemo. Only two people in front of me in line. BF seems surprisingly civil and somewhat anticlimactic this year.

I took a moment to check for any "secret" bin deals, but it was all as advertised. I did take a gander at Catherine: Full Body and all the copies on the shelf were the standard plastic cover. I didn't end up going that way anyway. I think my shopping is more or less done barring any "Surprise!" sales between now and Cyber Monday.

Related note: Is this the best deal for external hard drives this year? I bought a 4TB last year on BF but I already filled it up.
When the actual sale hits tomorrow, trust me, it's a madhouse. At least at my Best Buy. Went in 2016 and 2017 at around 11pm Thanksgiving night and the store almost had no walking room. They had a literal fortress of systems and controllers, and cases of single games. Line took about 45 minutes from what I remember.

I've learned that Thanksgiving night is the real Black Friday, at least in the bay area. Much more busy in my experience than actually on Friday

Amazon hasn't advertised for the last couple of years. They didn't last year either. I remember being very frustrated over it.

When the actual sale hits tomorrow, trust me, it's a madhouse. At least at my Best Buy. Went in 2016 and 2017 at around 11pm Thanksgiving night and the store almost had no walking room. They had a literal fortress of systems and controllers, and cases of single games. Line took about 45 minutes from what I remember.

I've learned that Thanksgiving night is the real Black Friday, at least in the bay area. Much more busy in my experience than actually on Friday
Seems like this year their strategy is to thin out the crowds by offering a majority of deals way earlier, both in-store and online. Luckily (or unluckily?), I didn't have much on my list I wanted to pick up, and it's all available now. No big doorbuster items for me this year, thankfully. I've braved the Bay Area mobs myself, and it's no picnic.

Amazon hasn't advertised for the last couple of years. They didn't last year either. I remember being very frustrated over it.
Yep, stupid Amazon never PM'd Red Dead 2 (they're out of stock), which is why I had to go to Best Buy.

I was really hoping for a decent Switch deal this year. At this point, I would have been better off last year.

...Wish they'd made a non-portable version for cheap when they did the lite version.

Damn. Haven’t logged on in years. Good to see CAG is still amazing. Love and respect to everyone that put together this list. I’ll pick up a few things from target for sure. Safe shopping everyone.

Walmart Online Black Friday sale starts at 10 PM east time, but last year they started to change prices around 9:30 PM. 

Same 3 games I was waiting for (and just bought). Thanks!
Team Sonic Racing could have been so much better and they never even bothered to patch the game for better performance outside of one patch to change a button listing in the freaking story mode. So stupid. For $15 you can't beat the price though, unless it was $10. I haven't played online in months but maybe the community will get some more players now.

Best buy usually dont be crowded, the sales usually be the whole week so I think thats why it dont be crowded in my area. I also went to best buy today as well and picked up spiderman and a external hdd. Spider was only at the register and not on the shelf also couldnt order online and pick up my area. About the hdd I decided not to get it, because I read best buy easystore exhdd isnt reliable as I figured because its a store budget version. I would say pass on the best buy version of the passport but it's your choice its just from what I read I passed on it. The regular passport doesnt seem like they are on sale considering $5 off a 1tb is not much.

Am I missing something or are there just not really any good deals? There are deals sure but nothing seems like a no brainer.

I would say pass on the best buy version of the passport but it's your choice its just from what I read I passed on it. The regular passport doesnt seem like they are on sale considering $5 off a 1tb is not much.
$90 for 5TB seems pretty good. I think last year I got my 4TB for $80; it was also a WD Easystore model. I always hear the same complaints about external HDs, that they sometimes randomly stop working...but considering there aren't any other outstanding deals right now, I'll probably have to risk it. I think a lot of the problem with external HDs failing stems from when they're portable and there's no additional power source. I mostly use mine for periodic backup, so it's not always plugged into the computer. But yeah, fingers crossed this one lasts.

Just waiting on Control from Target and I'll be done with my Black Friday shopping. My only goal will be to have played all of these games by next Black Friday (said while looking at a shelf filled with games I still haven't played that I bought last Black Friday)...

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4)

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4)

Judgment (PS4)

Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (Switch)

Marvel's SpiderMan GOTY Edition (PS4)

The Dark Pictures Man of Medan (PS4)

Resident Evil 2 (PS4)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (PS4)

Dragon's Crown Pro: Battle Hardened Edition (PS4)

Wolfenstein: Young Blood Deluxe (PS4)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)

Am I missing something or are there just not really any good deals? There are deals sure but nothing seems like a no brainer.
there are some preowned buy 2 get 1 free sales at gamestop that are crazy good. most games on sale new also have lowered preowned prices. basically 3 of the $30 new games you can get for $15 a pop used.

So happy that Best buy decided to put online sales of the deals early so I dont have to deal with store shopping tomorrow or on Friday lol

Got everything I wanted from this Black Friday

All from Best Buy too

A gaming PC - $600

Devil May Cry 5 (PS4) - $15

Yakuza 2 Kiwami Steel Book (PS4) - $15
Spider-Man GOTY (PS4) - $15
Nier Automata Game of the Yorha Edition (PS4) - $20

Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4) - $25

bread's done
Back