Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what version of the Switch is at Kohls? Is it the old one or new one? I'm guessing old one but don't know???

It sucks that there are no other real deals on Switches anywhere (unless you want the old model and even then the deals suck).
Yeah, last year the GS MK8 bundle deal with $50 GC was the best deal I've seen on a Switch. Nintendo's fault for not dropping the price $100 this year. I mean an X1X with Jedi can be had for almost the price of a Switch and with a $1 sub to GPU, access to a ton of games instantly. SMH. . .

My BF pickups so far:

PS4 1TB Only on PlayStation Bundle - Gamestop

Gran Turismo Sport - Walmart

Spider-Man GotY Edition - Best Buy

Nintendo Online 12 Month Membership (Digital) - Target

Pending purchases (gonna grab them tomorrow):

MLB The Show 19

Red Camo DS4 Controller

After this my BF shopping is done.

My BF pickups so far:

PS4 1TB Only on PlayStation Bundle - Gamestop

Gran Turismo Sport - Walmart

Spider-Man GotY Edition - Best Buy

Nintendo Online 12 Month Membership (Digital) - Target

Pending purchases (gonna grab them tomorrow):

MLB The Show 19

Red Camo DS4 Controller

After this my BF shopping is done.
MLB The Show 19 is one of the PS+ games this month so just letting you know in case you have a PS+ membership.

Yeah, last year the GS MK8 bundle deal with $50 GC was the best deal I've seen on a Switch. Nintendo's fault for not dropping the price $100 this year. I mean an X1X with Jedi can be had for almost the price of a Switch and with a $1 sub to GPU, access to a ton of games instantly. SMH. . .
Well one of those products people are buying already so it makes no sense for Nintendo to have a huge sale on their system. Microsoft isn't blowing out their systems and giving away free games out of the kindness of their heart they are doing it because they're in last place and need to stay relevant.

With the new systems coming out they have no choice but to offer discounts on this soon to be dated technology.

I finally decided to get a current generation console. I was hoping for a PS4 for $149 or less but saw Amazon has the Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order XB1 bundle for $159.99 ( https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-1TB-Console-Fallen/dp/B07YD67145/ ).

I combined that with the Chase Ultimate Rewards Holiday Promo of $15 off $60 ( https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ascsubtag=2c28a1c4122411ea94c6b624ff9acd3a0INT&node=18194156011 ) , using $0.01 or Rewards points to lowering the price to $144.99.
I just did the same thing with the same deal on the x- $350 - $39 (or whatever it was) coupon.

After amazon rewards credit I had and trading in my Xbox One S, should cost me about $130 for that system. Can’t complain. And I get Star Wars out of it.

DMC 5 also no longer available for shipping on BB site. Both it and RE2 are $5 more at GS. Don’t get why GS wouldn’t have their BF price be at least as low as it’s competitors.
Because the deal at Gamestop is not $20 DMC5 or RE2.

The deal is stacking sale price --> used sale price + pro + B2G1 + CAG16 = $10.xx each used DMC5 or RE2

Already bought everything that I could afford when most of the sales went live last Sunday. But, still tempted to go to Target today and watch the chaos and bloodshed. Since my brother is in England, my mom and her husband are having a date night, and my dad never sees me because his wife is a controlling bitch. So, once again I'm spending Thanksgiving alone. I might as well be in a store and getting exercise, than sitting at home being lonely.
You aren't alone, as long as your fellow cheapasses are suffering right alongside you.

It just dawned on me that many of the movies sold at Walmart will have Vudu copies included in the box for free.
I bought Wonder Woman 4k there and it surprised me that within minutes I was watching the 4k HDR version on Vudu with absolutely no hassle. Very nice surprise.

My BF haul:

BB:

:ps4: Dragon Quest Builders 2 - $25

:ps4: Catherine Full Body (Launch ed) - $25

:ps4: Days Gone - $20

:ps4: Devil May Cry 5 - $15

Target:

:switch: Indivisible - $15

:ps4: Resident Evil 2 - $15

:ps4: The Outer Worlds - $35

GS:

:ps4: CoD Modern Warfare - $38 ($9 after using trade credit)

Amazon:

:ps4: Yooka-Laylee Impossible Lair - $15

:switch: Crash Team Racing - $15

:ps4: 1yr PSN (x2) - $25 ea (price mistake)

eShop:

:switch: Trover Saves the Universe - $2.50 (Mexico)

:switch: My Friend Pedro, Unraveled Two, Pine - $15 (Argentina)

:switch: Puzzle Quest, Super Chariot - $8.50 (free after gold coins)

Total: $257

Average cost per game: $207 / 16 = $13

Still need to look into the eShop deals. I'm at least picking up Puzzle Quest at $7.49. Love that game ~

Disappointed the Switch Pro Controller didn't get a sale. Probably a good thing for my wallet after all those games. Looks like I stuck to games under $30, with the exception of CoD which I used trade credit to keep the price low. Pretty happy with how this BF turned out ^^

-Edit-

Updated with some last minute pickups and eShop deals. Broke my under $30 rule with The Outer Worlds, but it is supposed to be very good.

Despite my big haul, there were still some games I passed on for now, including Control for $25, Mario Tennis for $30, and Ni No Kuni for $25. To those saying there weren't many games this BF, I strongly disagree ^o^

There’s no need when it’s selling a ton and will likely be the best selling console this holiday anyways.

Yep, Nintendo is way overestimating their value at this point. They have a HANDFUL of nice exclusive games but it's not enough to justify zero discount AGAIN.

Amazon's Black Friday shtick every year is they "sell out" of all their games really really quickly, but magically they all come back in stock 24 hours after sales end.

Went to my local Kohl’s to get a PSVR and they didn’t even get any in stock. WTF?

(Already ordered one online but wanted to play it sooner :) ).

Well one of those products people are buying already so it makes no sense for Nintendo to have a huge sale on their system. Microsoft isn't blowing out their systems and giving away free games out of the kindness of their heart they are doing it because they're in last place and need to stay relevant.
Which makes them. . .*drumroll* super competitive. Something Nintendo is sorely lacking.

Went to my local Kohl’s to get a PSVR and they didn’t even get any in stock. WTF?

(Already ordered one online but wanted to play it sooner :) ).
So little Timmy who couldn't even get one misses out in store so you can have 2 to return 1 later. Good job.

Which makes them. . .*drumroll* super competitive. Something Nintendo is sorely lacking.
Nintendo isn't directly competing against MS or Sony anyway. If they are meeting sale expectations at MSRP, there is no incentive for Nintendo to drop in price. They are going to sell plenty of units regardless. Pokemon itself will bring in new sales this holiday season no doubt.

MS and Sony have to drop in price during this time because they are competing against each other. Nintendo can just sit back relax for now.

Nintendo isn't directly competing against MS or Sony anyway. If they are meeting sale expectations at MSRP, there is no incentive for Nintendo to drop in price. They are going to sell plenty of units regardless. Pokemon itself will bring in new sales this holiday season no doubt.

MS and Sony have to drop in price during this time because they are competing against each other. Nintendo can just sit back relax for now.
Sony didn't have to do anything.

Got Modern warfare, control, NFL 20,Walking Dead definitive series, Judgement, zone of the Enders, jump force, dead or alive 6, and senran kagura estival (chose it over burst renewal idk why) for $127 tax included from GS

Sony didn't have to do anything.
They are competing against MS, of course they have to. It doesn't matter if they have the console lead at the moment. Sony does not want to lose any ground against MS in sales this time of year. Monthly sales numbers against their competitor do matter.

Um...the chances of Target re-stocking the Switch version of Final Fantasy XII before Saturday are very slim, no? :whistle2:(

got CoD: MW from Walmart

Shenmue 3 & Sekiro from amazon using the Amex $30 off $60

RE2, Days Gone & Battlefield V from amazon using a $20 credit from a previous shipping issue & $15 off $50 promo from citibank

Except for Modern Warfare, all of this is just adding to the backlog. Cant beat getting these games for so cheap.  :cry:

Hoping for a deal on Hitman 2 Gold Edition for PS4, probably gonna have to wait for a PSN sale.

I just got home from Black Friday shopping, and my trip was underwhelming to say the least.

My first stop was Dollar General around 4 p.m.  I went in to buy Apple iTunes gift cards.  Some schmoe had bought up all of the $50 cards, so I grabbed a three pack of the $10 cards for $24.  Any iTunes card that is $25 or more rings up for 20% off through Saturday, so I bought that and four carded Hot Wheels.  The Hot Wheels were buy one, get one for 75% off, so I only paid $2.50 for those.

The next stop was Walgreens.  I don't even know why I stopped in there other than that the sales lady at the counter is smokin' hot.  "Welcome to Walgreens," she said.  Indeed.  I bought nothing.

Afterwards, I went to Walmart.  At that point, it was about 5 p.m.  There were no lines to get in, but there were police in the parking lot just in case something happened.  I found copies of Need for Speed: Payback for $15 each.  I had traded it in a few weeks ago and wanted to finish it, so I grabbed a copy since Walmart is the only store that carries it.  I also decided at the last minute to grab a Power A Switch wireless controller.  I use a Power A Xbox One controller for PC gaming, and it's a decent controller with a Super Mario Bros 3 design, so for $30, it was a no-brainer.  That was it for Walmart.

Then, I went to the first GameStop to find a pre-owned Vita.  The only one that they had looked like some kid had smeared peanut butter all over it, so I passed, but I did buy new and un-gutted copies of God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete for $10 each and the last 128 gb Switch memory card for $15.

Next, I went to another GameStop up the street.  I found a refurbished Vita for the $99 price, used a $15 off pre-owned rewards certificate, and a GameStop gift card.  The screen was scratch-free, but I'm hoping it works with no issue.

The last stop was Target around 6 p.m.  Nobody was in the parking lot by then, but I probably should have gone there first.  Almost all of the $15 Switch games were gone.  And someone bought up all the copies of Team Sonic Racing for PS4 and Xbox One.  So the only thing that I bought was a $10 eShop gift card.  I'm planning to get up early to go back and buy $50 worth of stuff to get the 25% off coupon that will be activated for use on December 3rd.  Maybe a copy of Team Sonic Racing will show up by then.

Long post, I know, but thanks for reading.  Black Friday officially sucks.  And typing this out was the highlight of my shopping trip.   :roll:

I bought Wonder Woman 4k there and it surprised me that within minutes I was watching the 4k HDR version on Vudu with absolutely no hassle. Very nice surprise.
how do you know which movie will give 4k digital code? most of the boxart i have seen just says uhd + blu + digital code. i want to buy the ones with guaranteed 4k digital

It's actually raining here in Southern California(I know I know but it's the truth) so I have no desire to drive to Walmart to hopefully buy 2 4K movies. Maybe the rain will let up tomorrow.

It's actually raining here in Southern California(I know I know but it's the truth) so I have no desire to drive to Walmart to hopefully buy 2 4K movies. Maybe the rain will let up tomorrow.
Same. Wanted to get a game or two and a Garmin watch but I'm nice and warm eating watching TV. If they're available tomorrow after work fine, if they're not I'm ok with that too.

Total spent is not looking too pretty. Guess that's what happens when you dont buy any new releases for the year until BF. I'm good on game related purchases till next BF now however.

I just got home from Black Friday shopping, and my trip was underwhelming to say the least.

My first stop was Dollar General around 4 p.m. I went in to buy Apple iTunes gift cards. Some schmoe had bought up all of the $50 cards, so I grabbed a three pack of the $10 cards for $24. Any iTunes card that is $25 or more rings up for 20% off through Saturday, so I bought that and four carded Hot Wheels. The Hot Wheels were buy one, get one for 75% off, so I only paid $2.50 for those.

The next stop was Walgreens. I don't even know why I stopped in there other than that the sales lady at the counter is smokin' hot. "Welcome to Walgreens," she said. Indeed. I bought nothing.

Afterwards, I went to Walmart. At that point, it was about 5 p.m. There were no lines to get in, but there were police in the parking lot just in case something happened. I found copies of Need for Speed: Payback for $15 each. I had traded it in a few weeks ago and wanted to finish it, so I grabbed a copy since Walmart is the only store that carries it. I also decided at the last minute to grab a Power A Switch wireless controller. I use a Power A Xbox One controller for PC gaming, and it's a decent controller with a Super Mario Bros 3 design, so for $30, it was a no-brainer. That was it for Walmart.

Then, I went to the first GameStop to find a pre-owned Vita. The only one that they had looked like some kid had smeared peanut butter all over it, so I passed, but I did buy new and un-gutted copies of God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete for $10 each and the last 128 gb Switch memory card for $15.

Next, I went to another GameStop up the street. I found a refurbished Vita for the $99 price, used a $15 off pre-owned rewards certificate, and a GameStop gift card. The screen was scratch-free, but I'm hoping it works with no issue.

The last stop was Target around 6 p.m. Nobody was in the parking lot by then, but I probably should have gone there first. Almost all of the $15 Switch games were gone. And someone bought up all the copies of Team Sonic Racing for PS4 and Xbox One. So the only thing that I bought was a $10 eShop gift card. I'm planning to get up early to go back and buy $50 worth of stuff to get the 25% off coupon that will be activated for use on December 3rd. Maybe a copy of Team Sonic Racing will show up by then.

Long post, I know, but thanks for reading. Black Friday officially sucks. And typing this out was the highlight of my shopping trip. :roll:
That Target coupon is only 20% off, and it has a lot of restrictions. So, try not to get your hopes up too much. If it's anything like the ones from previous years, it will start working in December, after the Black Friday deals are over.

Anyone think the AirPod Pros are worth it? I still have my stock corded earbuds and yeah it's inconvenient, but holy hell $250 is freaking expensive for ear buds.

The Powerbeat Pros are on sale for $200. Could get those, but still $200 is a helluva lot.

That Target coupon is only 20% off, and it has a lot of restrictions. So, try not to get your hopes up too much. If it's anything like the ones from previous years, it will start working in December, after the Black Friday deals are over.
Understood. I buy other items from Target that aren't gaming related items, so that's fine.

As I've said to CAGs time and again, if you're not saving money on other non-gaming related items, you're doing it wrong.

Understood. I buy other items from Target that aren't gaming related items, so that's fine.

As I've said to CAGs time and again, if you're not saving money on other non-gaming related items, you're doing it wrong.
I get that, I love saving money on everything. I feel like throwing away coupons is like throwing away free money. It's just I have read a few people on here saying that they are going to use the coupon to buy consoles and games, and I didn't want you to get your hopes up. It's one of the reasons that I do the Target Circle thread on this site, because I like to help people save money.

bread's done
Back