Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
The Rakuten 20% off (max $60) "THANKS20" coupon code WORKS ON CONSOLES!

Best Switch deals you'll find!
Now if I could only convince my mom to get me one now, and I pay her back later. Since it seems like the past few years, my whole family has just given me cash. But, by the time Christmas is over, no good deals are really being had anymore.

Anyone think the AirPod Pros are worth it? I still have my stock corded earbuds and yeah it's inconvenient, but holy hell $250 is freaking expensive for ear buds.

The Powerbeat Pros are on sale for $200. Could get those, but still $200 is a helluva lot.
Check out boltune on Amazon. Two different styles, airpod style and bud style. There 50 or less. They're not flashy but they're pretty sweet for what you pay.

how do you know which movie will give 4k digital code? most of the boxart i have seen just says uhd + blu + digital code. i want to buy the ones with guaranteed 4k digital
If you buy 4K, the majority of the time the code will be for the 4K version. Earlier titles may not have redeemed this way at first. However, It also depends on the title.

If you’re hesitant about redeeming through VUDU, redeem through Movies Anywhere instead, if possible.

Anyone check to see if Target NOP (not on planogram) games are on hidden sale like years past? It's the games that don't have a normal place on the shelves.

My ps4 ui lag sometimes and I heae either the hdd or external clicks plenty of times. I'll be damn if the hdd dies after black friday.
Rebuild your PS4 Database.

1. Turn off your PS4 using the power button on the front of the device. (If it is already off even better.)
  2. Hold the power button down and wait for two beeps. This typically takes about seven seconds.
  3. Connect your PS4's DualShock 4 controller to the console using a compatible USB cable.
  4. From the Safe Mode menu, choose Option 5: Rebuild Database.

Jesus. It's absolute madness out there. People were literally vomiting and shitting themselves. It's like they forced down Thanksgiving dinner and immediately bolted out the door to spend money they don't even have.

I can confirm that rebuilding the PS4 database helps quite a bit in terms of speeding up the UI. I have a OG PS4 with a 2 TB HDD that’s almost full, and the UI was definitely sluggish. Significant lag scrolling up and down on the UI, as well as when pressing the PS Button to go back & forth. The store was bad too. Rebuilding the database does help, but it may only be a temporary fix.

Two other good tips are to limit the amount of applications on the home screen, and changing the PS4 theme to something more basic.

I’ve heard that Sony recommends doing this like once a month to keep things running smoothly.

That's awesome. I'd like to see it.
Opposite experience here if hes just lawling. Just got back from GS and Target and spent a combined 10 minutes in both stores. Had an easier time shopping today than I do almost every single normal day I go in there. Wasnt crowded at all.

Both were pickups but neither gave me a receipt. Odd.

Heading out to Target in the next thirty minutes or so for store pickups—hoping to talk customer service into throwing in the 20% off coupon with the earlier order(s) today, to see how they approach it (whether they stick to actual time of purchase online and deny me, versus seeing me pick up the order as completion of the transaction and going along). If I don’t get that coupon, I guess I’m doing a little more shopping to get there.

Rebuild your PS4 Database.

• Turn off your PS4 using the power button on the front of the device. (If it is already off even better.)
  • Hold the power button down and wait for two beeps. This typically takes about seven seconds.
  • Connect your PS4's DualShock 4 controller to the console using a compatible USB cable.
  • From the Safe Mode menu, choose Option 5: Rebuild Database.
Thanks I'll try that

I get that, I love saving money on everything. I feel like throwing away coupons is like throwing away free money. It's just I have read a few people on here saying that they are going to use the coupon to buy consoles and games, and I didn't want you to get your hopes up. It's one of the reasons that I do the Target Circle thread on this site, because I like to help people save money.
Oh, no. I didn't take it that way at all. But like you, I'm certain they won't allow people to use it on anything that they really want such as consoles. And thank you for everything you do with the Circle thread. Again, we are all here to help each other by sharing info.

Opposite experience here if hes just lawling. Just got back from GS and Target and spent a combined 10 minutes in both stores. Had an easier time shopping today than I do almost every single normal day I go in there. Wasnt crowded at all.

:/ man. It took me 3 hours to pick up my orders from BB and Target. They called the cops in and everything. Wheeled in some huge vacuum to suck up the vomit.

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Both Justice League and Aquaman 4K are indeed $7.96 each. The movies were not organized but I was able to find both of them. I was very tempted to look at other movies but I already went over the spreadsheet and just decided on these two. Thanks again for the poster/s that made all the spreadsheets.

Told myself I'd only buy a game or two...and ended up with 4.

Dragon Quest Builders 2 - $25

Skyrim PSVR - $18

Starlink (on eShop) - $20

NFS: Heat - $40

I don't like the no receipt thing. The receipt is supposed to be tied to your account if you need to return something. I ordered a bunch from Best Buy, one being a game for my nephew and no receipt was included. If for some reason a gift needs to be returned they have nothing to show.

I don't like the no receipt thing. The receipt is supposed to be tied to your account if you need to return something. I ordered a bunch from Best Buy, one being a game for my nephew and no receipt was included. If for some reason a gift needs to be returned they have nothing to show.
Me neither, but I googled target policy with pick up orders and they say they mail you the receipt in this case, which I still dont like. In Gamestops case it wasnt my whole order so I assume I'll get my receipt when the games actually are delivered to me. Just feels weird walking out of there with the game only. The SM was asking people what he could get them while we were in line and pulled my game and sent me on my way.

I'd check your email if I were you for the receipt, which you shouldnt have to do in the first place because they should always ask if you want a copy when you leave with anything.

Me neither, but I googled target policy with pick up orders and they say they mail you the receipt in this case, which I still dont like. In Gamestops case it wasnt my whole order so I assume I'll get my receipt when the games actually are delivered to me. Just feels weird walking out of there with the game only. The SM was asking people what he could get them while we were in line and pulled my game and sent me on my way.

I'd check your email if I were you for the receipt, which you shouldnt have to do in the first place because they should always ask if you want a copy when you leave with anything.
This was all online ordering so no receipt outside of email notifications of order and shipping/sent/received. I would have to print out an invoice or have them look at my account if I had to do anything in-store which I have to go to another city close by. Best Buy has always been a pain in the ass to go to since there is only one around the area, and it's in a very congested area across the street from the biggest mall and on the busiest street.

Anyone know if there’s a specific time for some of the true BF “doorbusters” to go live on the Best Buy site? Thought it would be 1 am EST but there’s a laptop I was interested in that still says coming soon. And doesn’t say in-store only.

Best Buy has a B2G1 free for movie steelbooks.

I already ordered 2 steelbooks from them yesterday. Any chance I can take them to the store and get return/re-buy with the promotion?

Best Buy has a B2G1 free for movie steelbooks.

I already ordered 2 steelbooks from them yesterday. Any chance I can take them to the store and get return/re-buy with the promotion?
Don't do that to me...

My store has Marvel 4k steels

I appreciate the spreadsheet. Black Friday deals are getting a little less spectacular every year. Most of the stores I went to had no lines. Many of the "doorbuster" TVs and consoles were hardly touched. Walmart and Target have racks full of overpriced games nobody is buying. The first-party switch stuff went fast. Saw a few at the first two stores and none after that.

The Outer Worlds $35 at Target is being kept a secret for some reason
I already have this on Game Pass but good deal for those that don't have that service.

Target has Ace Combat 7 for $15, and Amazon price matched. That's the lowest price for the game.
I guess just google a game you are looking for and see what pops up. I'm trying to find Fallout New Vegas Ultimate edition for cheap. I think it's $10 at Walmart normally but my cheap ass wants it for even lower.

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Both Justice League and Aquaman 4K are indeed $7.96 each. The movies were not organized but I was able to find both of them. I was very tempted to look at other movies but I already went over the spreadsheet and just decided on these two. Thanks again for the poster/s that made all the spreadsheets.
You really are obsessed with those two movies aren’t you? 😂

Anyone know if there’s a specific time for some of the true BF “doorbusters” to go live on the Best Buy site? Thought it would be 1 am EST but there’s a laptop I was interested in that still says coming soon. And doesn’t say in-store only.
That’s weird. All sales should be live.

I think I'm done with BF except for maybe buying some clothes..

On Wednesday I went to BestBuy to return the Neato D3 robot vacuum I had purchased.  Since I had the insurance, I got about $400 back and used that to buy the $600 Neato D7 robot vacuum.

My wife and I were due to get new phones but I did not want to buy the two $1000 phones.  After lots of research,decided to get two OnePlus 7t phones for $599 each.

Amazon

Collection of Mana (S)

Bloodstained: Ritual of the night (S)

Disney Classic: Aladdin & Lion King (PS4)

Melissa & Doug Tabletop Easel 

Cost: $0.00.    I'm a big time couponer and use coupons when I grocery shop.  I had over $80 in cashback deals from Ibotta Savingstar that I had saved over the year

Best Buy

Diablo 3 Eternal Collection (S)

Injustice 2 Legendary Edition (PS4)

Zone of Enders: 2nd Runner (PS4)

Sega Genesis Mini

Total: About $90 with $20 GC

Gamestop

Shenmue 3 (PS4) Note: I have to go back to GS.  They are currently selling it for $40 and I paid $60, so I need to get it price adjusted.  Hoping it works cuz that means I got it and the preorder medallion for $40

AC: Odyssey (pre-owned) (PS4)

AC: Origins (pre-owned) (PS4)

Far Cry 5 (pre-owned) (PS4)

Darksiders 3 (pre-owned) (PS4)

Dead Island Definitive Edition (pre-owned) (PS4)

Wasteland 2 (pre-owned) (PS4)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition (pre-owned) (Xbone)

Battle Chaser Nightwar (preowned) (PS4)

Sega Genesis Classic (pre-owned) (PS4)

Days Gone (pre-owned)(PS4)

Total About $94 (130 if you include the $40 Shenmue)

I still have about $100 in amazon gift card that I got as point reward from the credit card, but I'll probably spend it on clothes for the kids.  Already spent about $150 on Carters and Children's place, plus another $80 at Bath and Bodyworks to buy their teachers a Christmas gift.

I'm pretty pleased with the videogame haul keeping it under $200 and the amount of games I got.  $230 if you include Shenmue, and 17 games...works out to about $13 a game....I can live with that.

Anyone know where the black friday live cagcast episodes are? I tried searching but could only find from like 2011 I think.

Anyone know where the black friday live cagcast episodes are? I tried searching but could only find from like 2011 I think.
Was 2011 the year Wombat wasn’t there, so Cheapy just played sound clips of him to make it seem like he was?

Seems like there's really nothing good this year if you've been playing games all year. Best deal I've seen is RE2 at $15 and Division 2 at $12, rest seem like average prices or games not worth buying. GameFly has been too good to me this year, lol

Seems like there's really nothing good this year if you've been playing games all year. Best deal I've seen is RE2 at $15 and Division 2 at $12, rest seem like average prices or games not worth buying. GameFly has been too good to me this year, lol
Yup. I buy games all years so nothing really interesting. Good deals if you have the willpower to wait till this time to buy your games.

Rakuten has been the surprise winner of BF for me this year. 20% off a switch, $200 in PSN, and an already discounted year of PS Plus. Total savings of $110.

I went back to Target this morning to purchase the Arrowverse TV seasons for $10 each in order to get the 20% off a future purchase coupon for spending $50.  This is the coupon that will be good from December 3rd to December 14th.

The manager swore up and down that I wouldn't get the coupon if I didn't buy at least $50 worth of physical items to get the offer to pop, so I added Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled for $15.  She told the associate not to scan the coupon until I had at least $50 worth of items that excluded the $14.99 Nintendo Switch online membership card that I wanted.  After all was said and done, I got the coupon, but the drifting mechanic in that Crash game sucks, so he'll probably be going back in a few days.  Still thinking it over.

I will never understand Warner Bros and its sale pricing.  Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and Gotham were all $9.99.  DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Doom Patrol were priced at $19.99.  I understood why Doom Patrol wasn't on sale since it was a DC Universe show, but the Legends?  Come on.  And I didn't buy Gotham because that show sucked.

Yep, Nintendo is way overestimating their value at this point. They have a HANDFUL of nice exclusive games but it's not enough to justify zero discount AGAIN.
You're 100% right. It is such a bummer to wait and wait for the good Nintendo games to go on "sale". I am happy they aren't creating artificial demand by limiting supply like they did with the Wii. I'm a huge Nintendo fan, but damn they piss me off.

bread's done
Back