Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I will never understand Warner Bros and its sale pricing. Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, and Gotham were all $9.99. DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Doom Patrol were priced at $19.99. I understood why Doom Patrol wasn't on sale since it was a DC Universe show, but the Legends? Come on. And I didn't buy Gotham because that show sucked.
Funny how you think Gotham sucks but somehow you like all those shit CW shows.

Well, to me, it doesn’t really make sense to buy a game for a system that won’t be receiving any of the sequels going forward.

If I know Microsoft has bought the company, then I am going to support that version of the game, because the future of the franchise will be on Xbox. Not “might be”; it will be.

I don’t care what people do, and clearly you’re deeply offended by this, but to me it just doesn’t make sense to buy this game on any system other than Xbox.
Why buy the game on any platform for any price when you can spend 10 bucks for a month of Xbox Game Pass and play through the entire game?

Anyone looking for 4k blu-rays at Walmart check the regular movie section. Went just now and found Dark Phoenix and Aladdin setting there for $7.96 each with no ugly promo stickers on them. Shelf price siad $29.92 but the scanner showed the black friday prices.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Why buy the game on any platform for any price when you can spend 10 bucks for a month of Xbox Game Pass and play through the entire game?
Sure; Game Pass is the better deal, but not everyone likes digital media. Some of us, including myself, prefer physical.

If you can’t hold it in your hands, you don’t really own it. I don’t like that.

Sure; Game Pass is the better deal, but not everyone likes digital media. Some of us, including myself, prefer physical.

with all these games that require online connection, check for your license to play the game, check for your account, etc. you might be able to touch the disc, but eventually it wont work any more than a digital game when all that is gone.

When does best buy sales end? my best buy is crowded today which I shouldve got the hdd Wednesday when it wasn't. Nevermind I ordered online.

with all these games that require online connection, check for your license to play the game, check for your account, etc. you might be able to touch the disc, but eventually it wont work any more than a digital game when all that is gone.
I don’t care. I’ll continue to buy physical until it’s not an option anymore.

That will be a very sad day.

I don’t care. I’ll continue to buy physical until it’s not an option anymore.

That will be a very sad day.
Same. People who try to justify all digital at this point in time are fooling themselves. Basically no way that you can logically justify it as long as physical games are still in store.

Same. People who try to justify all digital at this point in time are fooling themselves. Basically no way that you can logically justify it as long as physical games are still in store.
I don't care. I'll continue to buy digital games. Preload and not having to get up to change games is worth it to me. I'm not a game historian that needs to keep them around. I get no joy out of looking at cluttered game display cases or whatever. I play a game till I get bored and move on. Same reason why I don't get people that buy movies. I watch a movie and never watch it again. Way too many games and movies these days to go back to old stuff I've already seen or played.

The great thing is that people have a choice. Some people like all digital, like myself, and others like physical and it's ok.

In my eyes PlayStation isnt going anywhere so I'm not worried and if they did theyll probably do what they did with the ps mobile on vita or something else that let you still download your games. Besides thats why its good to buy physical for the games you love.

Final haul:

Sega Genesis Mini - $50 at Best Buy
Fire Emblem: Three Houses - $40 at Meijer
Battlefield V (XB1) - $15 at Best Buy

Thanks to all the CAG contributions to the mega spreadsheet. Made finding these deals super easy.

I don't care. I'll continue to buy digital games. Preload and not having to get up to change games is worth it to me. I'm not a game historian that needs to keep them around. I get no joy out of looking at cluttered game display cases or whatever. I play a game till I get bored and move on. Same reason why I don't get people that buy movies. I watch a movie and never watch it again. Way too many games and movies these days to go back to old stuff I've already seen or played.
The great thing is that people have a choice. Some people like all digital, like myself, and others like physical and it's ok.
If you play a game until you get bored and move on why not buy physically so you can at least try and get some of your money back?

Hilarious how Amazon ran out of so many big-ticket products (almost all Xbox One S, all Switch, most sale games & controllers).

Black Friday is such a weird beast when things are sold out before Thanksgiving dinner is finished.

If you play a game until you get bored and move on why not buy physically so you can at least try and get some of your money back?
I usually buy games on sale and with credit I got on sale.

The benefit of not having to get up from the sofa, and be able to play on two Xboxes at the same time is better than trading back. I can play with my kids with one digital download. A lot of people forget about that.

Rakuten has been the surprise winner of BF for me this year. 20% off a switch, $200 in PSN, and an already discounted year of PS Plus. Total savings of $110.
I bought my switch from there last year and the deal was better than GS mario kart bundle. Just bought a new executive desk chair from there for 20% off.

I can download from most services to my iPad, phone, etc. Don't need to carry physical cases.
My friends can come over and my house is like a Hollywood video, they can just grab a blu-ray off a shelf, No need to download or share my vudu. I live in the country and until recently the best internet we could get was 30mps. I sell all my movie codes to buy more physical movies and games.

Plus I get to stare at a shelf of hundreds of steelbooks.

Maybe when I'm elderly I can move into the mountains and sit by a fire and watch all my movies living the best life.

That xbox one X star wars bundle can be had for $350 and you get a $40 gift card with the 5% red card canceling out the tax.

Then with the 20% off coupon you can use next week for spending more than $50, you can get a new $60 game using the gift card and the 20% discount.

I have an xbox one S already, so I just can see myself biting on this deal with the next gen system releasing next year.

My friends can come over and my house is like a Hollywood video, they can just grab a blu-ray off a shelf, No need to download or share my vudu. I live in the country and until recently the best internet we could get was 30mps. I sell all my movie codes to buy more physical movies and games.

Maybe when I'm elderly I can move into the mountains and sit by a fire and watch all my movies living the best life.
I can stream any movie in 4k faster than I can load up the physical movie in my 4k blue ray player.

That makes sense. I can see physical being way better in your scenario.

I have two kids that have tablets and watch their stuff on there in their rooms etc. Digital downloads they can access on there without taking over my TV which allows me to use it for gaming. Lol

Anyone looking for 4k blu-rays at Walmart check the regular movie section. Went just now and found Dark Phoenix and Aladdin setting there for $7.96 each with no ugly promo stickers on them. Shelf price siad $29.92 but the scanner showed the black friday prices.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
Aladdin 4K for $8? That can’t be right. Unless it’s that garbage new remake.

That makes sense. I can see physical being way better in your scenario.

I have two kids that have tablets and watch their stuff on there in their rooms etc. Digital downloads they can access on there without taking over my TV which allows me to use it for gaming. Lol
I have 3 kids, we share digital games like battlefield on psn and we share gamepass. I like to collect steelbooks and some collector's edition games though. We have an old 1900s house with two huge living/family rooms downstairs so I made one into a man cave where I watch sports, movies and play games. Kids mostly hang out in the other room or upstairs in their rooms.

Just got a netgear orbi and get like 350mps in the whole house now but I still like my collecting.

Gotcha; I figured as much, but just thought I’d ask. You wouldn’t be on CAG otherwise, lol.

Whatever works for you, man.
I used to love physical. Had all the collectors editions and all of that but it was taking up so much space. Plus do to my job I transfer every 3 years or so and it became a pain. So I just stopped and went all digital. Plus the other reasons I state it make it perfect for me.

If you have the space I totally understand collecting physical games.

Speaking of Game Pass, how much longer will DMC V be available? I’m considering picking it up for $15, but I have GamePass. I have other stuff I want to play first and I’m afraid it’s going to leave the service.

I’ll probably always prefer physical but now that I get older and am almost done with college I’m dreading moving all this crap. It’s just too much clutter at this point. I can’t imagine being one of those people who save all the boxes for systems and stuff too. Although I guess it’s different when you own a house.

Speaking of Game Pass, how much longer will DMC V be available? I’m considering picking it up for $15, but I have GamePass. I have other stuff I want to play first and I’m afraid it’s going to leave the service.
If you're afraid it's going to leave then play it. You're deciding about spending $15 on a game you're not so sure about vs playing it for free. Not a hard choice.

If you're afraid it's going to leave then play it. You're deciding about spending $15 on a game you're not so sure about vs playing it for free. Not a hard choice.
Didn't Microsoft pay a huge amount to Capcom to have it on gamepass? I would think it would stay awhile but $15 is really cheap for a great game.

Target sucks ass. Each store had 1 small video game display for BF games. By the time actual 'Black Friday' rolled around they were all gone. What a waste of time and i'm pissed off.

Didn't Microsoft pay a huge amount to Capcom to have it on gamepass? I would think it would stay awhile but $15 is really cheap for a great game.
Not sure but from what I've heard (and in my experience playing DMC Remake) theres basically no replayability in the game, so when you have the chance to play it for free that's what you should do

I can stream any movie in 4k faster than I can load up the physical movie in my 4k blue ray player.
Thing is 4k streaming video has compression and heavily relies on a stable internet connection to keep the quality up. In many cases its not even true 4k. On the other hand, an ultra 4k disc displays a true 4k image and side by side looks superior to streaming. Audio and HDR is stronger as well. Of course it just depends on what is acceptable to someone. Streaming is convenient but there are some of us who prefer a physical disc for movies. I only stream for casual viewing like YouTube or Netflix.

Wife said nope. Doesn't match her feng shuei or whatever.
Gotta stay on her good side since I have like 5 packages she knows nothing about. [emoji2960]
Walmart has the same one available in white and brown. Just type in “office chair” or “desk chair”

Thing is 4k streaming video has compression and heavily relies on a stable internet connection to keep the quality up. In many cases its not even true 4k. On the other hand, an ultra 4k disc displays a true 4k image and side by side looks superior to streaming. Audio and HDR is stronger as well. Of course it just depends on what is acceptable to someone. Streaming is convenient but there are some of us who prefer a physical disc for movies. I only stream for casual viewing like YouTube or Netflix.
This is true. If there’s a movie I really want to see in 4k, it must first have been shot in native 4k to make it even worth the time. Then I’ll get the physical disk. If it’s mastered in 2K or 1080p then upscaled, no thanks.

I’m still waiting for a 32” OLED monitor that is 144hz and true 400+ bit with low input lag as I do most of my gaming in my home office.

I have fiber optic 900 mbps

Wife said nope. Doesn't match her feng shuei or whatever.

Gotta stay on her good side since I have like 5 packages she knows nothing about. [emoji2960]
Is this an office chair? Don't pick a chair based on looks or cheap prices. A chair with decent ergonomics is more important. Get something that is rated in seat time, 8-12 hours for example.

Here's a great mesh chair if you are on a budget.

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119?akamai-feo=off

I have had this Hyken chair for a few years now and it's perfect for long gaming sessions. I'm sure there are a few chairs out there that are leather/pleather but just make sure it's rated decently seat time. Makes a huge difference and your butt and back will thank you.

Is this an office chair? Don't pick a chair based on looks or cheap prices. A chair with decent ergonomics is more important. Get something that is rated in seat time, 8-12 hours for example.

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Hyken-Technical-Mesh-Task-Chair-Black/product_990119?akamai-feo=off

I have had this for a few years now and it's perfect for long gaming sessions. I'm sure there are a few chairs out there that are leather/pleather but just make sure it's rated decently seat time. Makes a huge difference and your butt and back will thank you.
She loves this one. I need two. Gonna see if I can find any coupons to make deal sweeter. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have had this Hyken chair for a few years now and it's perfect for long gaming sessions. I'm sure there are a few chairs out there that are leather/pleather but just make sure it's rated decently seat time. Makes a huge difference and your butt and back will thank you.
$140 for a desk chair is brutal. Also, is mesh even comfortable to sit in for a while? Even more so than leather or any type of fabric?

She loves this one. I need two. Gonna see if I can find any coupons to make deal sweeter. Thanks for the recommendation.
No problem! Funny enough my brother bought two after sitting in mine. It's comfortable and has good lumbar support. And even though it doesn't look as plush as the leather types, I have fell asleep in it plenty of times. Best part is, my butt never goes numb. Lol

$140 for a desk chair is brutal. Also, is mesh even comfortable to sit in for a while? Even more so than leather or any type of fabric?
See my reply above. But yes the mesh is comfortable to sit in, especially if you game or do office productivity in long sessions.

It may seem expensive but this is a bargain compared to the more mainstream ergonomic chairs out there. They can go for thousands. You really should not choose a bad fitting chair due to price. Cheap pleather and gaming chairs are terrible for your body long term. I have worked in IT for a few decades now, trust me when I've sat in a few bad chairs in my day. Proper posture is definitely worth spending a few extra dollars on.

I have more money than time. I want to play but it will probably be a bit before I can

bread's done
Back