Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (select heavily discounted anime titles)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (expires 11/28)

- Note 1: Below is what's part of the sale. There are also stranded singles on sale as well.
- Note 2: Sale prices are a bit higher on the sister site: DVDPlanet.com (expires 11/29). One-time use $5 off $50 coupon: couponcabin can be used.
- Note 3: Reported cancellations: Cromartie High School, RahXephon.

Blu-ray
DVD
Live-Action
Voyager Entertainment releases (50% off)
DVD (DVDPlanet.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Razzuel']God dammit. My cancel requests were denied. It said it was because my order was already processing, albeit it clearly says it's open.

Just my luck.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue with canceling one of my orders, and contacted them directly off their facebook page actually, and the customer rep there fixed my issue for me.

You could also try to send them an email, since you can actually title one of the emails cancellation request, and that might work too.

[quote name='Squarehard']I had the same issue with canceling one of my orders, and contacted them directly off their facebook page actually, and the customer rep there fixed my issue for me.

You could also try to send them an email, since you can actually title one of the emails cancellation request, and that might work too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, before Afflicted replied to my post, I had already sent them an email, so I guess I'll wait until I hear back from that before trying something else — I wouldn't want to contact them before my email is read and make this anymore confusing.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah, before Afflicted replied to my post, I had already sent them an email, so I guess I'll wait until I hear back from that before trying something else — I wouldn't want to contact them before my email is read and make this anymore confusing.[/QUOTE]

I actually contacted them first through email, but the facebook rep actually pushed it through faster for me directly to customer service.

They resolved my problem 4 hours after I posted, while customer service I contacted the night before, and they didn't send me a reply until this morning that it's been resolved already.

So just in case you want to expedite it.

[quote name='Squarehard']I actually contacted them first through email, but the facebook rep actually pushed it through faster for me directly to customer service.

They resolved my problem 4 hours after I posted, while customer service I contacted the night before, and they didn't send me a reply until this morning that it's been resolved already.

So just in case you want to expedite it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I just got a reply; they said they canceled the items. I'm surprised they did this so fast; I only emailed them about two hours ago.

Hooray! No stackpacks for me!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Latest update (check first post). 2nd half of Hell Girl S2, La Corda d'Oro, and Neo Angelique Abyss got added. Ghost Hound got added. Star Blazer sets are now 50% off. A couple more live-action titles (from ADV and Switchblade) got added as well.
[/FONT]

[quote name='electricsleep']Rahxephon and Cromartie High School got cancelled from my order. Kinda pissed CHS got cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Yup, my CHS was canceled too. Oh well.

[quote name='WTK'][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Latest update (check first post). 2nd half of Hell Girl S2, La Corda d'Oro, and Neo Angelique Abyss got added. Ghost Hound got added. Star Blazer sets are now 50% off. A couple more live-action titles (from ADV and Switchblade) got added as well.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thanks again, WTK! I made another order with the second sets of La Corda d'Oro and Neo Angelique Abyss.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Ghost Stories sounds interesting, don't think I've heard of an anime studio throwing out the original dialogue and putting in their own[/QUOTE]

Ghost stories is a hilarious show. The original show was a boring run of the mill kids doing stuff anime, but when ADV dubbed it they told the actors "just say whatever the fuck you want to, just try to keep to the general storyline."

[quote name='Havokscry']So they'll cancel items from your order but still list it available on the website? That's bs. My RahXephon hasn't been cancelled yet.[/QUOTE]

There's a whole lot that's BS about deepdiscount. I've still got an order showing as "processing" from 1/28/10 and yes I typed that date correctly. I ordered 3 things, but all say ship in 5-10 so I don't really expect any of it. They certainly didn't waste any time charging my card though...

Well, I tried to cancel my order w/ DD, and unsurprisingly they were "processing my order" two minutes after I placed it :roll:

I placed the exact same order w/ DVD Planet, and they already told me that Rahxephon was discontinued. I wonder how many hours of processing will be needed before DD tells me the exact same thing.

I ordered:
Megazone 23: Complete Collection
King of Bandit Jing: Complete Collection
Now and Then, Here and There: Collection
Princess Tutu: Complete Collection

Any other recommendations? I've been out of the anime loop for a while but some of my favorite series are Macross, Mobile Suit Gundam (the original), Samurai Troopers, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, most of Rumiko Takashi's work from Inuyasha to Mermaid Forest, Vampire Princess Miyu, Tenchi Muyo, Kimagure Orange Road, Blue Gender, Blue Seed, and Naruto (I like the manga much more than the anime).

Just curious. Has anyone's order shipped? I know its only been a few days and DD's history of shipping speed is lackluster. I'll post, IF I get a shipping notification.

[quote name='Havokscry']Just curious. Has anyone's order shipped? I know its only been a few days and DD's history of shipping speed is lackluster. I'll post, IF I get a shipping notification.[/QUOTE]

I received 2 shipping confirmations yesterday afternoon... I ordered way too much and almost everything shipped. Princess Tutu is one of the items that didn't ship... but I also so far haven't received a cancellation for anything but I don't expect anything that didn't ship in the first shipments to ship.

DD's shipping time has picked up in the last few months... but they still have the bad habit of sending out OOP emails for items that aren't actually OOP.

This sale is very relevant to my interests. Thank you.

[quote name='ARCorr']To those who don't already own princess tutu, BUY IT NOW![/QUOTE]

I agree with this sentiment.

[quote name='Afflicted']I received 2 shipping confirmations yesterday afternoon... I ordered way too much and almost everything shipped. Princess Tutu is one of the items that didn't ship... but I also so far haven't received a cancellation for anything but I don't expect anything that didn't ship in the first shipments to ship.

DD's shipping time has picked up in the last few months... but they still have the bad habit of sending out OOP emails for items that aren't actually OOP.[/QUOTE]When did you place your order? I placed mine about 2 hours after WTK posted this thread and nothing of mine has shipped, which is annoying (but somewhat expected). I thought I got in quick enough to not have such a huge delay or an outright cancellation.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']When did you place your order? I placed mine about 2 hours after WTK posted this thread and nothing of mine has shipped, which is annoying (but somewhat expected). I thought I got in quick enough to not have such a huge delay or an outright cancellation.[/QUOTE]

got my first order confimation email at 10:00 and second at 10:30... not sure on actual time ordered tho.

Got 2 orders but they're incomplete, and they only said they cancelled one title, but it shows none are cancelled and they shipped but they.... I'm confused. Ask me if I'm gonna buy anything from these guys again.

[quote name='Havokscry']Received a confirmation that Rahxephon and Now and Then shipped. Waiting on Tutu and Skull Man.[/QUOTE]

when did you order? havent got one yet

Got confirmation on Megazone 23, Princess Resurrection, and Blue Drop. Other items (Kiba and Shadow Skill) haven't shipped, but for those who were concerned, it looks like at least some stuff is going out in a timely manner.

I ordered Princess Tutu early in the morning on Thanksgiving Day from DD. I haven't received any status updates, but I hope my order doesn't get canceled. I sent an email to DD's customer service asking the status of my order today....I let you guys know if they say anything

[quote name='JoePianist']I ordered Princess Tutu early in the morning on Thanksgiving Day from DD. I haven't received any status updates, but I hope my order doesn't get canceled. I sent an email to DD's customer service asking the status of my order today....I let you guys know if they say anything[/QUOTE]

Same here, I also ordered around that time and I haven't heard anything regarding my order. :whistle2:(

Well, at least both Tears to Tiara sets I ordered shipped out a couple days back, but everything else is backordered, according to a rep I just spoke with. I ended up canceling almost everything (Clannad, Ghost Hound, Hell Girl), and I'll be ordering with RightStuf instead so I *know* I'll actually receive it.

Received 1/2 my ordered today! Rahxephon Set, Hakugel: Legend of the Modby Dick Set, Zalon Set, Chance Pop Session Set, Mezzo Thinpack Set, Ghost Stories Set, Nanaka 6/17 Set, Papuwa Set, To Love Ru 1 & 2 Set, Blue Drop Set, Tears to Tiara 1 & 2 Set. Still few more items OOS.

Concerning my Thanksgiving morning order for "Princess Tutu":

We're sorry to inform you that the items are temporarily out of stock
and unavailable to ship. Unfortunately, we do not have a shipping date
for this item. Once the items do come back into stock they will be
shipped out to you. When more information is available, we will email
you. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your
business. ~Deep Discount INC.

...Yup.

[quote name='CrazyChuy']as long as i get them for that price once they get more, I don't mind waiting as I have alot of series I still need to watch[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm willing to wait too, as long as the waiting time is reasonable. I'll be content if I receive my items, at most, one month from now---especially for the really low price I paid. My only concern is for DeepDiscount to actually fulfill my order and not cancel it before then

Another thing to keep in mind while waiting for your order is that DD uses media mail for the free shipping option. For those living on the east coast (New England for me), it may take a few weeks for your order to arrive from when it's shipped. Heck it took four days for DHL to get it to USPS from Irvine, CA to Carson, CA.

I emailed DDD regarding my order. I received a response that my order is cancelled, because there was an error when I placed my order, but my Paypal account has the transaction as pending. I was going to reorder but the prices now back to regular price. This sucks, I had 27 titles on my order. This happen to anybody?

[quote name='JoePianist']Concerning my Thanksgiving morning order for "Princess Tutu":

...Yup.[/QUOTE]

I got the same response from the email I sent them regarding my two orders. :\

[quote name='blackchubby']I emailed DDD regarding my order. I received a response that my order is cancelled, because there was an error when I placed my order, but my Paypal account has the transaction as pending. I was going to reorder but the prices now back to regular price. This sucks, I had 27 titles on my order. This happen to anybody?[/QUOTE]
I am not going to contact them because I'm scared of this. I don't want them to see my order when I call or e-mail them and then when they see how many items I ordered for dirt cheap they will notice "an error" and cancel my order.

They put holds on my credit card for my two orders already so I'll just let it ride. Either I get my order or I don't. Doesn't hurt me to wait. They only charge when they ship so I'm not out any money and I don't have to file a dispute.

I highly doubt they're going to get more of our "Backordered" items in stock.

From my past (7+ years) experience with DDD, "Backordered" is virtually the same as "Cancelled" when the item is anime and at least 6 months old. I bet they'll all get changed to "Cancelled" in about 3 weeks.

As for me, about 10% of my order was insta-"Cancelled", 60% was "Backordered" and 30% shipped -- the crappiest 30% of what I ordered :\

Are you guys getting cancellation and/or Backorder emails, or are you seeing that in your order history? My order status shows "open" for the three sets I ordered and I haven't gotten any emails yet besides the initial confirmation one.

Mine is exactly the same as you ssjmichael. But I also have orders that are "open" from last year that I have already received so the website is unreliable.

[quote name='Gamelore']I highly doubt they're going to get more of our "Backordered" items in stock.

From my past (7+ years) experience with DDD, "Backordered" is virtually the same as "Cancelled" when the item is anime and at least 6 months old. I bet they'll all get changed to "Cancelled" in about 3 weeks.

As for me, about 10% of my order was insta-"Cancelled", 60% was "Backordered" and 30% shipped -- the crappiest 30% of what I ordered :\[/QUOTE]

In the last year... I had 2 orders that were cancelled... one was for the Ocean's Trilogy on blu when they had it on sale... had a nice $10 coupon on it as well... it went into backorder... few weeks later they sent me an email about it being OOP... pretty decent lie since it's not OOP, but they didn't want to sell it that cheap. Got them to add the coupon to a couple of preorder anime titles that they had cheap... Got one of them with the $5.00 off... the other didn't ship and a couple weeks later got the OOP email. Said I wasn't gonna bother with them again...

That said I did order quite a bit from this sale... Cause just about no matter how mad I get I still cherrypick when I get the chance. Got quite a bit of the first 2 orders... but don't expect to get anything else. Mostly because I don't think they'll be able to get more stock for most of these items since most other stores seem to have a lot of them on clearance prices as well.

Got almost all my stuff in the mail today. 5 out of 7, just waiting on 2 more and I'm set. :3

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are you guys getting cancellation and/or Backorder emails, or are you seeing that in your order history? My order status shows "open" for the three sets I ordered and I haven't gotten any emails yet besides the initial confirmation one.[/QUOTE]

DD doesn't ever update their stuff on the site. It's a really bad design. I've had orders from years ago that still says open, and orders I have canceled that are still open. Basically just rely on the emails, otherwise it's not a confirmation of anything if you look through the status on the site. Bad design.

[quote name='watcher0']Damn, I completely missed this on BF. I want a few of those for those prices...oh well, until next time I guess.[/QUOTE]

Rightstuf is matching some of their prices in the 12+ days of Xmas sale.

I have 8 titles ordered within 4 orders (1 to 3 per order, i was hesitant but when will i get the chance again for these prices, so..) both on the last two days of the sale. As long as i can get the item at the price i locked in on, i can wait.
---
Update1: just received an email about two more orders that shipped, so in total i have 3 out of 8, 5 left to go

Update2: another email with 2 more titles shipped, 5 out of 8 - 3 left

Has anyone received Princess Tutu from the sale? Waiting on that one and Skull Man. Just curious, because if not, I may order from Rightstuf. If it's as good as everyone says it is, I don't mind paying the $9 extra to guarantee a copy. Oh, pardon my anime ignorance, but what does Hyb stand for?

bread's done
Back