Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (select heavily discounted anime titles)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (expires 11/28)

- Note 1: Below is what's part of the sale. There are also stranded singles on sale as well.
- Note 2: Sale prices are a bit higher on the sister site: DVDPlanet.com (expires 11/29). One-time use $5 off $50 coupon: couponcabin can be used.
- Note 3: Reported cancellations: Cromartie High School, RahXephon.

Blu-ray
DVD
Live-Action
Voyager Entertainment releases (50% off)
DVD (DVDPlanet.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havokscry']Has anyone received Princess Tutu from the sale? Waiting on that one and Skull Man. Just curious, because if not, I may order from Rightstuf. If it's as good as everyone says it is, I don't mind paying the $9 extra to guarantee a copy. Oh, pardon my anime ignorance, but what does Hyb stand for?[/QUOTE]

"Hyb" means that the show has English and Japanese audio.

[quote name='Havokscry']Has anyone received Princess Tutu from the sale? Waiting on that one and Skull Man. Just curious, because if not, I may order from Rightstuf. If it's as good as everyone says it is, I don't mind paying the $9 extra to guarantee a copy. Oh, pardon my anime ignorance, but what does Hyb stand for?[/QUOTE]

Yeah....I still haven't received any word on my order. If I still don't hear from them, I'll try to contact them later in the week again. I want to know too so I can decide whether or not to cancel my order and just order from RightStuf before their sale ends....

[quote name='JoePianist']Yeah....I still haven't received any word on my order. If I still don't hear from them, I'll try to contact them later in the week again. I want to know too so I can decide whether or not to cancel my order and just order from RightStuf before their sale ends....[/QUOTE]

If you can post what you find out, that would be great! I should be getting my first package from them tomorrow or Tuesday (hopefully). Once I confirm that only two of my four items are in the package, I'll contact them as well. :)

i dont know about you guys but i saw Stardriver blu for $27.XX in DD which is the cheapest price i ever seen...hopefully either DD or buy.com drop Xamd blu

[quote name='Havokscry']If you can post what you find out, that would be great! I should be getting my first package from them tomorrow or Tuesday (hopefully). Once I confirm that only two of my four items are in the package, I'll contact them as well. :)[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to post an update on this thread if I hear anything from DeepDiscount concerning Princess Tutu

The only thing I ordered was Princess Tutu. Was afraid of a cancel but my money was taken out of account saturday..so hope and pray guys.

I order princess tutu and valkeryia chronicles s 1 and 2, and havent heard a thing from them, nor have i been charged. I don't wanna message them because I really dont wanna lose the prices if they decide to cancel.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']I order princess tutu and valkeryia chronicles s 1 and 2, and havent heard a thing from them, nor have i been charged. I don't wanna message them because I really dont wanna lose the prices if they decide to cancel.[/QUOTE]
Haha Same here. That's exactly why I haven't contacted them. They haven't charged me yet anyway so no loss here.

I was extremely surprised today to find my order from DD came through for Sorcerer Hunters and Jing King of Bandits Complete. Both items registered as back ordered when I checked the status of the order last week but they arrived today. Yet again DD pulls through for me.

How can you check the status? Whenever I go into my account, all it says is "open". It doesn't even list which items have shipped. The only verification is an e-mail that I received.

Was wondering if a charge reappears from DD after the original check one disappeared does that mean the item is going to be shipped? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I am serious.

[quote name='Havokscry']How can you check the status? Whenever I go into my account, all it says is "open". It doesn't even list which items have shipped. The only verification is an e-mail that I received.[/QUOTE]

weird thing is the order never appeared on my DD account but did appear under my google account which i used to pay. when i used google checkout to see the status it would say that the order was delayed because the items were all on backorder.

[quote name='Puppet Master']Was wondering if a charge reappears from DD after the original check one disappeared does that mean the item is going to be shipped? I know it sounds like a stupid question but I am serious.[/QUOTE]

Not a stupid question. It's a completely valid question as DD is a little weird like that. The last three or four orders I placed with them, that is what happened. The authorization charge would appear for three or four days, then disappear. A couple of days later the charges reappeared and eventually went through.

However, I wouldn't take it as an absolute "yes". Anything can happen. I can say with 99.9% certainty that if you get charged, you will receive your good stuff. They have never charged me for something they were not sending out. Not even by accident and then reversed the charges later. I've ordered from them for the last four years. No hiccups in billing. That's one thing I will say they do well.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Not a stupid question. It's a completely valid question as DD is a little weird like that. The last three or four orders I placed with them, that is what happened. The authorization charge would appear for three or four days, then disappear. A couple of days later the charges reappeared and eventually went through.

However, I wouldn't take it as an absolute "yes". Anything can happen. I can say with 99.9% certainty that if you get charged, you will receive your good stuff. They have never charged me for something they were not sending out. Not even by accident and then reversed the charges later. I've ordered from them for the last four years. No hiccups in billing. That's one thing I will say they do well.[/QUOTE]

I paid my order for Princess Tutu through PayPal, and I saw that my PayPal account has been charged. Does this mean that there's a good chance that I should eventually receive my order from DD?

I'm not sure how PayPal works as I've never used them. Do they function like a credit card where merchants put authorization charges on it or does it work like a debit card where the funds are withdrawn immediately?

I should have been more clear in my previous post. I was referring to using a credit card.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']I'm not sure how PayPal works as I've never used them. Do they function like a credit card where merchants put authorization charges on it or does it work like a debit card where the funds are withdrawn immediately?

I should have been more clear in my previous post. I was referring to using a credit card.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it works like a Debt Card----I guess since the funds are drawn immediately, there's no way in telling if getting charged through PayPal is an indicator if you'll receive you items or not

[quote name='JoePianist']I'm pretty sure it works like a Debt Card----I guess since the funds are drawn immediately, there's no way in telling if getting charged through PayPal is an indicator if you'll receive you items or not[/QUOTE]

Ah, sorry I can't be much more help, bro. I hope we all get our orders! Heck, at those prices I'll be glad to get just some. I had some good ones in there!

I got some more of my order in the mail today. As I picked up the package, I heard the sound that gives me nightmares — the sound of rattling discs. After I opened it up, two of the DVD cases had a rattling disc — La Corda d'Oro Collection 1 and Neo Angelique Collection 1. Upon inspection of the discs, I can confirm that they are destroyed.

Ugh, this is why I hate buying anime; sigh, this seems to happen way too often to me.

Now, I contacted Deep Discount yesterday about whether or not the rest of my items are guaranteed to ship, and they just gave me some canned response saying they don't know the shipping date of my items. That wasn't what I asked, but whatever. Also, both La Corda d'Oro Collection 1 and Neo Angelique Collection 1 are listed as shipping in 5-10 days on their website, so I don't even know if I want to even try to get replacements for them.

Deep Discount did just charge my card today, so after that charge goes through and whatever they're about to ship ships, I'll just cancel the rest of my orders and order the rest from Right Stuf.

Funny story. So I decide to look up my order on their website to see any progress, and my only other order this year was for Gunslinger Girls :br: back in April. It still says "Open" but I received those back in April no issues. My orders in 2010 all say shipped though, and they were. So 8 months later an order I received still says "Open" so who knows what is going on at that site.

Received my Rahxephon and Now and Then today. No problems with the condition. I just e-mailed them regarding Princess Tutu and The Skull Man. Hopefully they'll be positive news.

1st time order from DD. Im kinda worry that i wont get my dvds on time.

This review is from resellerratings.com.

"I have been shopping with DeepDiscount for ~4 years now, initially with good results. But they seem to be getting progresively worse and I'll think twice about placing another order with them. The discounts are not that deep anymore unless there is a BOGO sale going on, and they takes forever to ship the items. I placed an order on 09/05 for 10 blu-rays that were each marked "in-stock", but 6 weeks later, I have yet to receive 7 of them, which I'm told went on backorder after I ordered. They definately need a better inventory tracking system.

Edit: 11/19/2010, two and a half months later:
I had to cancel 6 items because they're still on backorder. I'm unable to cancel the remaining item because part of that order has been shipped and they've charged me for the full order, and it was a Buy One Get One free sale. Their CS is beyond worthless and refuse to help. I will dispute the charge with my CC and contact BBB to get my money back if they cannot provide the item I paid for and refuse to issue a refund.

Edit 12/04 - Remaining item received today, 3 months after ordering. Poorly packed, blu-ray case has slight damage. I woudn't even dream about working with these guys for a replacement. Lesson learned - never ever shop here no matter how good the prices are (and usually the prices aren't that good nowadays to begin with)"

I received half of my Thanksgiving order yesterday, so I decided to send them a friendly e-mail last night regarding Princess Tutu and The Skull Man. I asked if they thought I'd get them by Christmas. Well, I didn't receive a response from customer service. I did receive a shipping confirmation this morning for both of them! For those still waiting, you may want to send them a friendly message, possibly saying you'd like to have them by Christmas. ;)

Got my stuff in yesterday. I'm impressed with their packaging, as last time I ordered from them they just stuffed it into a gray sleeve type envelope with very little cushioning.

[quote name='Havokscry']I received half of my Thanksgiving order yesterday, so I decided to send them a friendly e-mail last night regarding Princess Tutu and The Skull Man. I asked if they thought I'd get them by Christmas. Well, I didn't receive a response from customer service. I did receive a shipping confirmation this morning for both of them! For those still waiting, you may want to send them a friendly message, possibly saying you'd like to have them by Christmas. ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks---I think I'm going to try that right now :)

Huh, I just noticed that DeepDiscount effed up the shipping address of all of my orders somewhat. Apparently they have one of those annoying "address correction" systems that alter certain abbreviations (because online stores obviously know your own address better than you do) and apparently DD's system merged my two-line shipping address into one line after reversing the order of the lines and altered the (former) first line so much that it doesn't even make sense anymore.

Now I'm kind of sweating actually receiving my stuff.

Edit: this is insane. My first package started in California, then went to Arizona, then Texas, then Kentucky, then BACK TO CALIFORNIA, then Georgia, and now it's in Tennessee. Let's visualize that:

hun18o.png

wtf DHL. Even worse that it was less than an hour away from me when it was in KY.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a shipping confirmation for 1 out of 2 of my items on my order, at least. "Petite Princess Yucie" has been mailed off----I asked them about "Princess Tutu," but they informed me that it's still "Temporarily out of stock and unavailable to ship at this time" but it will be shipped out as soon as it's available. I'm hoping that they keep their word on that....

Sigh, or maybe I won't be canceling my orders, since I just got a shipping notice for the charges from yesterday, and I just got charged again for more stuff tonight.

Well, I guess I'll try to get replacements for La Corda d'Oro Collection 1 and Neo Angelique Abyss Collection 1, if they are fulfilling my orders. I can't remember if Deep Discount pays for shipping or not; they better because I really don't want to go to the post office.

DETAILS FOR SHIPPED ITEMS

Order Number:
Shipping Method: 5 - 10 BUSINESS DAY DELIVERY
Estimated Arrival date: 12/16/11 - 12/21/11

Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 ADV093521 DVD : PRINCESS TUTU COMPLETE COLLECTION $ 6.00

Merchandise Total: $ 6.00
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .99
Total for Shipped Items: $ 6.99

Got this in my email last night. Also, my credit card was charged a couple days ago, then vanished from my account then I confirmed it charged completely today. Well, I hope and pray you guys get the Princess Tutu. I hope I do too...

Order Number:
Estimated Arrival date: 12/17/11 - 12/22/11

1 ADV001160 DVD : TO LOVE RU-1ST COLLECTION $ 5.39
1 ADV020692 DVD : NOW & THEN HERE & THERE COLLECTION $ 4.29

Merchandise Total: $ 9.68
Tax: $ .75
Shipping & Processing: $ .00
Total for Shipped Items: $ 10.43

Got an email this morning saying that these items were shipped, hope the rest of the things i order ship as well.

[quote name='killa5k7']DETAILS FOR SHIPPED ITEMS

Order Number:
Estimated Arrival date: 12/16/11 - 12/21/11

1 ADV093521 DVD : PRINCESS TUTU COMPLETE COLLECTION $ 6.00

Merchandise Total: $ 6.00
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .99
Total for Shipped Items: $ 6.99

Got this in my email last night. Also, my credit card was charged a couple days ago, then vanished from my account then I confirmed it charged completely today. Well, I hope and pray you guys get the Princess Tutu. I hope I do too...[/QUOTE]

SO JEALOUS!! When did you order Princess Tutu exactly? I ordered mine around 5:00 am Central on Thanksgiving Day, but I have yet to receive a Shipping Confirmation for it

[quote name='JoePianist']SO JEALOUS!! When did you order Princess Tutu exactly? I ordered mine around 5:00 am Central on Thanksgiving Day, but I have yet to receive a Shipping Confirmation for it[/QUOTE]

Same day and around the same time...pretty odd. I hope you get something...deepdiscount has sent me the wrong thing before so who knows if its really Princess Tutu.

[quote name='Razzuel']Well, I guess I'll try to get replacements for La Corda d'Oro Collection 1 and Neo Angelique Abyss Collection 1, if they are fulfilling my orders. I can't remember if Deep Discount pays for shipping or not; they better because I really don't want to go to the post office.[/QUOTE]

They do. Contact them and they'll issue you a return label.

[quote name='killa5k7']Same day and around the same time...pretty odd. I hope you get something...deepdiscount has sent me the wrong thing before so who knows if its really Princess Tutu.[/QUOTE]

I just received an email reply from DeepDiscount's Customer Service a few minutes ago---they said that they just got a shipment of Princess Tutu in today, and the Customer Service representative assured me that they will personally make sure that my copy will be picked out from today's shipment!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']They do. Contact them and they'll issue you a return label.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I contacted them and they issued me a prepaid mailing label.

Also, more stuff being charged and shipped by Deep Discount, so maybe all of my orders will be fulfilled.

Received my Princess Tutu today. Keep in mind it is the DREADED spindle case. You gotta love whose idea those were. I'm glad I got the anime, also...it looks like a crap shrink wrap job but who knows...I have run into many of these lately.

[quote name='killa5k7']Received my Princess Tutu today. Keep in mind it is the DREADED spindle case. You gotta love whose idea those were. I'm glad I got the anime, also...it looks like a crap shrink wrap job but who knows...I have run into many of these lately.[/QUOTE]

Hey, for $6, I don't care about what kind of case Princess Tutu comes in....as long as it holds all the discs securely

Started getting a few of my items. Gilamesh has a $54.99 Best Buy sticker on it. :) Everything else is mint. Thanks, Deep Discount!

I can wait a while longer. For the prices we paid, I'll wait gladly.

I hate these stupid ass vacuum sealed bubble mailers, ugh.

One of my discs was loose in one of the sets and it has two small scratches on it. I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of returning/getting a replacement from DD.

Ugh, I got Neo Angelique Abyss Collection 2 in the mail. I couldn't hear any loose discs, so I was pretty happy, but then when I checked the discs, the first and second disc have some pretty nasty circular scratches — like the kind you would get if you moved your Xbox while playing a disc inside.

Hooray, more returns.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I hate these stupid ass vacuum sealed bubble mailers, ugh.

One of my discs was loose in one of the sets and it has two small scratches on it. I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of returning/getting a replacement from DD.[/QUOTE]
The copy of Blue Drop I received was not even in bubble mailer. It was in a sealed silver envelope that was tightly wrapped around the case. Zero protection.

Thankfully, it came 100% mint anyway. Amazing.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']The copy of Blue Drop I received was not even in bubble mailer. It was in a sealed silver envelope that was tightly wrapped around the case. Zero protection.

Thankfully, it came 100% mint anyway. Amazing.[/QUOTE]

It's a Christmas miracle! Haha ;)

Haha that's great. I didn't even think about that! Christmas miracle it is!

Now I have five more box sets not yet shipped. Princess Tutu is one of them which is what I am assuming might be holding up the order. I hope the rest come.

My entire order is blind-buys. I bought them all based on reviews I read online as I went down the list. I hope I got some winners!

I got my copy of pricess tutu and ufo season 1 and 2, came in bubble mailer mint, but I did not enjoy the box the discs came in, they are stacked and difficult to get out.

[quote name='toldawg128']I can't believe I didn't know about this sale until now. :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:[/QUOTE]

Yeah....you're about Two weeks Too Late :lol:

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The first series is already out on Blu-ray here, actually!

And yeah, Now & Then, Here & There is just as important a purchase as Princess Tutu. These two are easily the best titles of the sale.[/QUOTE]

I got Princess Tutu by your recomendation. Started watching it yesterday. It's pretty good so far (although I feel what masculinity I have left melting away with every episode). I love the music in it, including the opening. I am always a fan of orchestra soundtracks. Overall I thinks it was definately worth the price.

bread's done
Back