Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (select heavily discounted anime titles)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Black Friday Sale @ DeepDiscount.com (expires 11/28)

- Note 1: Below is what's part of the sale. There are also stranded singles on sale as well.
- Note 2: Sale prices are a bit higher on the sister site: DVDPlanet.com (expires 11/29). One-time use $5 off $50 coupon: couponcabin can be used.
- Note 3: Reported cancellations: Cromartie High School, RahXephon.

Blu-ray
DVD
Live-Action
Voyager Entertainment releases (50% off)
DVD (DVDPlanet.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rogueleader17']I got Princess Tutu by your recomendation. Started watching it yesterday. It's pretty good so far (although I feel what masculinity I have left melting away with every episode). I love the music in it, including the opening. I am always a fan of orchestra soundtracks. Overall I thinks it was definately worth the price.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, glad you enjoy it!

My Princess Tutu shipped! Along with Madlax and Yumeria. Still waiting on two more sets to ship. So far so good.

This sale coupled with the one from RightStuf and I've got enough anime to last me at least a year with my crappy schedule.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']My Princess Tutu shipped! Along with Madlax and Yumeria. Still waiting on two more sets to ship. So far so good.

This sale coupled with the one from RightStuf and I've got enough anime to last me at least a year with my crappy schedule.[/QUOTE]

My copy of Princess Tutu also shipped! Hell YEAH! :cool:

[quote name='JoePianist']My copy of Princess Tutu also shipped! Hell YEAH! :cool:[/QUOTE]
A bunch of you guys all mentioned that this was worth watching so I figured for six bucks why not give it a shot.

Most of the items I bought were blind buys. Same with the ones from RightStuf. I based all my purchases on reviews I read on a couple of websites. I ordered so many I have no idea how I'm going to watch them all with audit/tax season coming up.

After I ordered twelve sets here I thought I would stop. Then against my better judgment I looked through the RightStuf thread on Saturday and wound up getting seven more. I need help.:whee:

I got a shipping confirmation with a bunch of the items I ordered on it today. The only thing I haven't received a notice on is Ghost Stories and Rahxephon (DD hasn't told me that it's no longer available yet, just their sister site on an order I completely cancelled.)

I've received notifications for Blue Drop, To Love Ru (both 1 and 2), and Wandaba Style.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']A bunch of you guys all mentioned that this was worth watching so I figured for six bucks why not give it a shot.

Most of the items I bought were blind buys. Same with the ones from RightStuf. I based all my purchases on reviews I read on a couple of websites. I ordered so many I have no idea how I'm going to watch them all with audit/tax season coming up.

After I ordered twelve sets here I thought I would stop. Then against my better judgment I looked through the RightStuf thread on Saturday and wound up getting seven more. I need help.:whee:[/QUOTE]

In the very least, I'm hoping that most, if not all, of your blind buys turn out to be direct hits for you.

We thought you would like to know...
The item(s) listed below shipped today.
Quantity Item # Description Price
-------- ------------ ---------------------------------------- ----------
1 ADV013272 DVD : NEW FIST OF THE NORTH STAR COLLECT $ 4.29
1 ADV020692 DVD : NOW & THEN HERE & THERE COLLECTION $ 4.29
1 ADV093521 DVD : PRINCESS TUTU COMPLETE COLLECTION $ 6.00
Merchandise Total: $ 14.58
Tax: $ .00
Shipping & Processing: $ .00
Total for Shipped Items: $ 14.58
Sweet. With all the recommendations this sounds like $15 well spent. I already received the first part of my order, so not too bad considering backordered.

i've got 3 titles from dd so far, all 3 scuffed/loose with light glue-like residue. Sent 1 one back for exchange, waiting for an email for the other two for return labels.

I hope the others that i ordered don't arrive the same way -_- I've had previous orders without issue, i guess they are really busy around this time.

[quote name='JoePianist']In the very least, I'm hoping that most, if not all, of your blind buys turn out to be direct hits for you.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, man. I appreciate that. Deep Discount is making a lot of people happy this year! :applause:

A little off-topic but I also ordered Jennifer's Body on blu-ray for four bucks and received it today. Wicked.

Well, I guess I can understand the DD hate now. I ordered Those Who Hunt Elves and canceled it about ten minutes later... Or so I thought. Today, I get an E-mail saying it shipped. I checked my E-mail history, and sure enough, I got an E-mail after I "Canceled" and they said it was already processing, and they couldn't cancel it. That was from November 25th. Only took em about 17 days to go from processing to finally ship it. Ah well, only like $7 or so, and plus Those Who Hunt Elves was the first anime I had ever watched, and so it's good I'll get to actually see the whole series, about thirteen years later.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Sweet. With all the recommendations this sounds like $15 well spent.[/QUOTE]

Now and Then, Here and There may have only been $5 but you're going to be out hundreds for Prozac refills after you're done with it. You've been warned! ;)

[quote name='fwbweux']Now and Then, Here and There may have only been $5 but you're going to be out hundreds for Prozac refills after you're done with it. You've been warned! ;)[/QUOTE]

AGREED!!!! not a happy series. very good, just depressing.

God dammit. I just got La Corda d'Oro Part Two in the mail, and it's got some nasty scratches. The second disc was floating inside the case, and it was left with two imprints of the disc holder on the data side of the disc. Not good. The first disc was still attached to its holder, but I checked it, and lo and behold, it has a scrape going across the disc.

You know, this damn thing probably isn't even new. It was probably returned by some other poor soul, and then it got sent to me. It also doesn't help that Deep Discount's packaging is so very awful. You can't just use a damn bubble mailer? Come on.

Why must I be so unlucky?

[quote name='Razzuel']God dammit. I just got La Corda d'Oro Part Two in the mail, and it's got some nasty scratches. The second disc was floating inside the case, and it was left with two imprints of the disc holder on the data side of the disc. Not good. The first disc was still attached to its holder, but I checked it, and lo and behold, it has a scrape going across the disc.

You know, this damn thing probably isn't even new. It was probably returned by some other poor soul, and then it got sent to me. It also doesn't help that Deep Discount's packaging is so very awful. You can't just use a damn bubble mailer? Come on.

Why must I be so unlucky?[/QUOTE]

Damn, man. Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I got lucky when they shipped my six box sets at once. They packed it in a box and Fed Ex'ed it to me. That's the problem with them. If you order a whole lot of stuff, they may not send it all at once.

I got e-mails that they sent me Princess Tutu and Madlax together and then a minute later I got another e-mail saying they shipped out Yumeria. I checked the DHL tracking numbers and they were both processed at the same time.

[quote name='Razzuel']God dammit. I just got La Corda d'Oro Part Two in the mail, and it's got some nasty scratches. The second disc was floating inside the case, and it was left with two imprints of the disc holder on the data side of the disc. Not good. The first disc was still attached to its holder, but I checked it, and lo and behold, it has a scrape going across the disc.

Why must I be so unlucky?[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that. I finally got my Princess Tutu and it was in a bubble mailer sealed tight to the point that it was actually a bit hard to get out. All the discs were piled up together in the case, but none had any scratches. Does this happen to you often? You should probably send them an email about it if it's happening all the time with your orders. I know I would've been pissed if I got my stuff the way you described.

Got my copy of Cromartie High School in today in a bubble mailer that was so tight I had to cut it up just to remove it. Came with no loose/scratched discs so I'm quite pleased. Watching disc 1 right now love this series truly one of the funniest if not the funniest I've ever seen.

Well looks like DD finally cancelled the remaining items from my orders. I just checked the order status page and they finally updated to show shipped items and what date they shipped on. Two of the orders were listed as partially shipped but the unshipped items were removed from the list. Didn't get an email stating they were cancelled tho.

Unshipped items.

Jing, King of Bandits Collection
Ghost Stories Complete
Divergence Eve Seraphim Collection

Gotta say... got a lot more that I figured I would when I placed those orders...

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Damn, man. Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I got lucky when they shipped my six box sets at once. They packed it in a box and Fed Ex'ed it to me. That's the problem with them. If you order a whole lot of stuff, they may not send it all at once.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ironlocke']I'm sorry to hear that. I finally got my Princess Tutu and it was in a bubble mailer sealed tight to the point that it was actually a bit hard to get out. All the discs were piled up together in the case, but none had any scratches. Does this happen to you often? You should probably send them an email about it if it's happening all the time with your orders. I know I would've been pissed if I got my stuff the way you described.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the sympathy. Stuff like this isn't isolated to just Deep Discount for me. I'm convinced I'm cursed or something because it happens all the time, regardless of where I purchase from. It drives me crazy. You know, I just bought both Karas OVA DVDs from two different third party sellers on Amazon that were fulfilled by Amazon. They were listed as brand new. However, when I received them, I noticed that they weren't brand new. They had obviously been resealed, since the discs were covered in fine swirls, indicating that they had been clearly and poorly resurfaced. What the hell, man? Sigh.

Anyway, I got two more packages from Deep Discount today. Thankfully neither of them were packaged using that horrible, vacuum-sealable, thin plastic; one was in a box, and the other was in a bubble mailer.

One of the items was the Saiyuki complete collection thinpak. There's a problem though. The packaging is downright awful. I am astonished there weren't any loose discs because these thinpak cases barely hold the discs in place. Some of the discs have light scuffs, which drives me nuts, but I can't return this because they're all going to have the same problems due to the packaging. I wish I would have known this before buying it; if I had known, I wouldn't have bought it.

The box had You're Under Arrest Season 2 Collection 2 and You're Under Arrest Season 3 Collection 1. The Season 2 case had no loose discs and the discs are pristine. Finally! However, the Season 3 case had a loose first disc, and as a result it got all scratched up.

I just can't accept scratched discs. Sure, some of them might play just fine, but I shouldn't have to settle for just fine with a brand new product. It's also because the only way to know if a scratched disc plays fine is by playing it; I just don't have the time to immediately watch everything I receive, so if I start accepting scratched discs, there's a chance there's gonna be a problem when I eventually get to watching it, but by then it's already too late to get a replacement.

[quote name='Razzuel']Thanks for the sympathy. Stuff like this isn't isolated to just Deep Discount for me. I'm convinced I'm cursed or something because it happens all the time, regardless of where I purchase from. It drives me crazy. You know, I just bought both Karas OVA DVDs from two different third party sellers on Amazon that were fulfilled by Amazon. They were listed as brand new. However, when I received them, I noticed that they weren't brand new. They had obviously been resealed, since the discs were covered in fine swirls, indicating that they had been clearly and poorly resurfaced. What the hell, man? Sigh.

Anyway, I got two more packages from Deep Discount today. Thankfully neither of them were packaged using that horrible, vacuum-sealable, thin plastic; one was in a box, and the other was in a bubble mailer.

One of the items was the Saiyuki complete collection thinpak. There's a problem though. The packaging is downright awful. I am astonished there weren't any loose discs because these thinpak cases barely hold the discs in place. Some of the discs have light scuffs, which drives me nuts, but I can't return this because they're all going to have the same problems due to the packaging. I wish I would have known this before buying it; if I had known, I wouldn't have bought it.

The box had You're Under Arrest Season 2 Collection 2 and You're Under Arrest Season 3 Collection 1. The Season 2 case had no loose discs and the discs are pristine. Finally! However, the Season 3 case had a loose first disc, and as a result it got all scratched up.

I just can't accept scratched discs. Sure, some of them might play just fine, but I shouldn't have to settle for just fine with a brand new product. It's also because the only way to know if a scratched disc plays fine is by playing it; I just don't have the time to immediately watch everything I receive, so if I start accepting scratched discs, there's a chance there's gonna be a problem when I eventually get to watching it, but by then it's already too late to get a replacement.[/QUOTE]

I received my copy of You're Under Arrest Season 2 Collection 2 and You're Under Arrest Season 3 Collection 1 and I could hear the discs moving around luckily no scratches. While DD shipping could be better I think part of the problem is dvd packaging. For me Sentai's packaging always feels weak when compared to Funimation's. The only time I've had issue with Funimation's packaging was when they were using those Viridian paper cases. Thankfully those are no longer in use.

[quote name='mxwise']I received my copy of You're Under Arrest Season 2 Collection 2 and You're Under Arrest Season 3 Collection 1 and I could hear the discs moving around luckily no scratches. While DD shipping could be better I think part of the problem is dvd packaging. For me Sentai's packaging always feels weak when compared to Funimation's. The only time I've had issue with Funimation's packaging was when they were using those Viridian paper cases. Thankfully those are no longer in use.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, DVD cases are all over the place in quality, which frankly doesn't make any sense to me because you should be protecting the very product you're trying to sell. I usually don't ever have trouble with Sentai's releases, but these ones from Deep Discount aren't following that pattern; maybe it's because I usually buy most of Sentai's releases from Right Stuf. I usually have the most problems with Media Blasters' cases; theirs are the worst of the worst. Those Virdian cases are really damn bad too. I'm convinced they were designed by someone who knows nothing of optical media. DVDs are fragile; why would you package them in paper sleeves?

FINALLY got my Princess Tutu in the mail today! Everything looks to be in "Brand New" Condition---the case and all the disks look perfect. After reading some of the horror stories about receiving items from DeepDiscount, I realize that I'm pretty fortunate :)

Well, they taking longer with one of the items, but at least they giving me a $5 coupon for next time because it's taking so long, so I guess that's better than what they did in the past, which was nothing.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well, they taking longer with one of the items, but at least they giving me a $5 coupon for next time because it's taking so long, so I guess that's better than what they did in the past, which was nothing.[/QUOTE]

Was there a purchase minimum? I received a coupon for $5 that was good for about 5 days but had to be for $30 or more, never got around to using before it expired.

[quote name='Squarehard']Well, they taking longer with one of the items, but at least they giving me a $5 coupon for next time because it's taking so long, so I guess that's better than what they did in the past, which was nothing.[/QUOTE]

Same with me. Ghost Stories isn't going to come anytime soon so they game me a $5 coupon, which I don't want. So whoever wants it, pm me. First come first serve.

[quote name='mxwise']Was there a purchase minimum? I received a coupon for $5 that was good for about 5 days but had to be for $30 or more, never got around to using before it expired.[/QUOTE]

That was actually a promotion they had for customers, so it's different.

I got that email too, but this one was specifically in regards to my order item as stated in the email.

[quote name='Afflicted']Well looks like DD finally cancelled the remaining items from my orders. I just checked the order status page and they finally updated to show shipped items and what date they shipped on. Two of the orders were listed as partially shipped but the unshipped items were removed from the list. Didn't get an email stating they were cancelled tho.

Unshipped items.

Jing, King of Bandits Collection
Ghost Stories Complete
Divergence Eve Seraphim Collection

Gotta say... got a lot more that I figured I would when I placed those orders...[/QUOTE]

ok... totally surprised... just got an email saying that it was taking longer than they expected to get these items... and that they would keep them on order and ship when they received them... and a $5.00 off code.

bad thing is it expires the 31st... but still.

Thank you for your recent order. Although we anticipated being able to obtain your item(s) from our supplier in time to ship for the holiday, we may not be able to. The item information is listed below.
Order Number Order Date Item Number Item Title 60961105 11/28/2011 ADV076920 King of Bandit Jing: Complete Collection [3 Discs]
We will keep the item on order and will ship it as soon as it becomes available. If you no longer wish to receive the item please reply to this e-mail and let us know.

sent back the other two sets for defective exchange, so i'm waiting on those 3 replacement sets as well as my other orders from DD - plus 4 orders with 1 shipping from rightstuf's sale, already got the soul eater bluray holiday bundle from them (1 disc has a tiny, tiny scratch - already emailed Rs about it if i have problems)

my saiyuki set had circular scratches on 3 dvds, but was sent in a bubble mailer - so i'm guessing damage happened during shipment or it was scratched to begin with - i dunno. requested a exchange, the same with this ugly yet beautiful world, gravion 1&2, ufo ultramaiden 1&2

~~~

update:(12-21-11) yep, still waiting on those replacement sets and i think either 2 or 3 sets that haven't shipped yet

(12-24-11) still nothing from DD about the replacements or sets that haven't shipped yet -_- perhaps the last week of dec. after monday

(12-27-12)emailed about the replacement sets and i got this email back :
Thank you for contacting DeepDiscount!

We have reviewed your email and would like to inform you that as of
today we have not received your returns. Please allow a full 30 days to
receive your exchanges. We apologize for any inconvenience

Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your
business.

Regards,

Sales Support *jd*
DeepDiscount
[email protected]
-----

I got return authorization emails with approved RA#s on the 19th, 13th & 11th and sent back the packages either the day of or a day later. So i'm waiting for a exchange for:

Saiyuki, Vol. 2: Complete Collection [10 Discs]
Item #: ADV019202

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Complete Collection [Alternate Artwork] [3 Discs]
Item #: ADV019412

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie: Seasons 1 & 2 [6 Discs]
Item #: ADV093828

Gravion/Gravion Zwei: Complete Collection [6 Discs]
Item #: ADV097826

[quote name='Afflicted']ok... totally surprised... just got an email saying that it was taking longer than they expected to get these items... and that they would keep them on order and ship when they received them... and a $5.00 off code.

bad thing is it expires the 31st... but still.[/QUOTE]

Yep got the same thing, not bad not bad

I also received the e-mail last night regarding my order of Kiba and Divergence Eve. I hope they get them in stock and send them to me and not just cancel my order later. I can wait. No biggie since they don't charge until they ship anyway. I got my fingers crossed for all of us. :)

got emails from DD about receiving 3 out of 4 defective sets from me and to send out the replacements but they are backordered #-o
------
update:(1/2/12) two replacements shipped with tracking from DHL
---
(1/3/12) 1 replacement arrived today from DD, few light scratches on disc 1 of 6(not sure if i want to send this back again a 2nd time), 1 down - 3 replacements left
(1/4/12) another replacement arrived
~~~~
(1/6/12)
so i have three orders left, two are replacements, one is a backorder

replacements:
Saiyuki, Vol. 2: Complete Collection [10 Discs]
Item #: ADV019202

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Complete Collection [Alternate Artwork] [3 Discs]
Item #: ADV019412

backorder:
King of Bandit Jing: Complete Collection [3 Discs]
Item #: ADV076920

got my first cancellation today for Jing, King of Bandits collection...

still have Ghost Stories pending but expect it to be cancelled in the next day or so...

got a lot more of the stuff than I expected.

I ordered Cromartie and Get Backers...

I got Cromartie, but wanted Get Backers more. I hope it doesn't get cancelled.

I received a cancellation notice for Ghost Stories today. That should be the end of it, although I never received any cancellation from DD for Rahxephon (the notice I received was from their sister site). It's too bad, because at $6 Ghost Stories sounded like it'd be halfway amusing (and at higher prices it sounds terrible ;) )

Now I'm just hoping Buy.com sends me The Girl That Leapt Through Time and 5 Centimeters Per Second.

I received everything, but every shipment (3) came with a loose disc inside. How is that even possible?! I wonder if it's because they vacuum seal the packages or something.

[quote name='roger watersmelon']I received a cancellation notice for Ghost Stories today. That should be the end of it, although I never received any cancellation from DD for Rahxephon (the notice I received was from their sister site). It's too bad, because at $6 Ghost Stories sounded like it'd be halfway amusing (and at higher prices it sounds terrible ;) )

Now I'm just hoping Buy.com sends me The Girl That Leapt Through Time and 5 Centimeters Per Second.[/QUOTE]

same for ghost stories today...

Aww, I just received a cancellation e-mail for Divergence Eve and Kiba telling me that their vendor informed them the titles are no longer available. I just checked the site and it does look like they are gone. Divergence Eve was removed and Kiba is indicating "out of stock". Oh well, it was great while it lasted and I received a ton of stuff so I can't complain. :)

Dear Valued Customer:
Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we have been informed by
our vendor that this title is no longer available. We have cancelled the
order for this item and your credit card has not been charged. We
apologize for the delay in notifying you and for any inconvenience this
may have caused.

Item # Description Quantity Cancelled
ADV076920 DVD : JING KING OF BANDITS COLLECTION 1.00

~~~~
recent order my ass, it was placed on the black friday sale in NOV.!, so it got canceled *shrugs* still waiting for two exchange returns dammit -_-

~~~~~
1/12/12 This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Complete Collection arrived, again 2 to 3 hair thin scratches (recently all my ordered discs for this month have been like that regardless of being new, weird) - Saiyuki complete is the last one on my replacements list

My last replacement order email arrived(saiyuki complete), it's being shipped now. I just hope it isn't scratched *_*(knock on wood), it's been like that for half of my orders for this month & having to send them back for exchange.

bread's done
Back