Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone think battlefield will be on sale or it’s still to new
Early Access/Beta reactions have been very bad; it has a 10 hour trial that I'm going to check out later this week to see if it's worth a damn, so I'd definitely recommend starting there TBH.

That was an easy WM experience. Ordered (all :xb1:) Guardians $25 and Vanguard $39 for me, $35 Far Cry 6 LE for a present, and another Vanguard $39 on my brother's account since he wants it too.

Also ordered the Onn 40" $128 for the spare bedroom which currently has an old 32" with no working hdmi ports.

Insta sold out. B4B xbone x2, Hotwheels unleashed challenge accepted switch (family member collects hotwheels cars), Minecraft Dungeons Hero xbone x2.

Already placed an order for non gaming stuff. Tots for Toys will be happy.

All I picked up was Alan Wake for $20. Which has been elsewhere for the same price.

I already bought Guardians the other day for $30.

I thought Hot Wheels was supposed to be $25? Still showing $50 right now.

yeah i just tried price matching b4b online best buy but nope.

didn't people get games price matched there even today? was it in store only?

not sure.

im sure amazon will lower the price or target will match, kinda wanted the steelbook that bb has...

already got some games i ordered from best buy canceled, sucks.

So is this basically it for these store? I dont see any point in going to the stores especially like bestbuy seeing they have been doing both online and in store..

Anything else in store that was not being sold for actual Friday?

My copy of Luigis Mansion 3 from Woot is the Australian version. This ever happen to anyone else?
Amazon, which owns woot, is terrible about that. They just toss all versions of a game in a bin and pull one out to fulfill and order. I've gotten a Euro copy before from that but not Australian.

Just curious, did anyone have luck getting some (or any) of the popular games for Wally World's 7pm est black friday launch?

I just wonder what was actually remaining after the early plus.

Just curious, did anyone have luck getting some (or any) of the popular games for Wally World's 7pm est black friday launch?

I blind bought Guardians like 30 -45 m after the sale started

I had no issues getting guardians for PS5. Coupled that with Mass effect to get free shipping.

Back4blood sold out at Walmart but COD Vanguard did not, interesting. I guess my question about if back4blood is worth it for single player is a moot. I'm definitely not going into a store on black friday

Just wondering. Is farcry 6 worth the 35 bucks, or keep waiting?
Like the other person said, only if you're going to play it right away and maybe sell it after. I love Far Cry played all of them but this one I only put 2 hours into and it has been hard getting back to it. I wish I could have waited.

Yeah so far I got Yakuza Like a Dragon, Deathloop, Shin megami tensei v, Jurassic world 2, Guardians of the Galaxy and Blue Reflection 2.
Prob can wait for Farcry lol
Also looking at Riders Republic

Good job by target shipping my FC6 gold edition without padding/bubble mailer. It would’ve been fine if it wasn’t a game that came with a slip cover.

Anyone know if bestbuy is accepting returns at this time? I’ll just grab one from there and return the beat up one from target

Back4blood sold out at Walmart but COD Vanguard did not, interesting. I guess my question about if back4blood is worth it for single player is a moot. I'm definitely not going into a store on black friday
I thought it surprising that Vanguard was still available too -- not sure if that means it isn't selling well or they just have that many more copies.

As for singleplayer for Back 4 Blood - everything I've read says to play multiplayer -- the bots aren't helpful.

Is Deathloop worth 25? I rarely see it mentioned on here….
Honestly? In my opinion, from someone who has actually played it (and spent 80+ hours doing so), it’s worth the full price. It’s THAT good.

Honestly? In my opinion, from someone who has actually played it (and spent 80+ hours doing so), it’s worth the full price. It’s THAT good.
Also played and finished it. Short game and unless you like one on one multiplayer there's not a lot going on. I played online first playthough, op Juliana's invade and that was NOT FUN. Turned that off, finished game in single player mode, zero reason to go back. Will be 14.99 or 19.99 soon no question and we all know multiplayer games don't get more populated over time.

Also played and finished it. Short game and unless you like one on one multiplayer there's not a lot going on. I played online first playthough, op Juliana's invade and that was NOT FUN. Turned that off, finished game in single player mode, zero reason to go back. Will be 14.99 or 19.99 soon no question and we all know multiplayer games don't get more populated over time.

:roll:

I Platted the game, and there’s plenty of reasons to play through it again. There’s tons to see and do. There’s plenty to explore. There’s a lot of secrets and things to discover. Sounds like you rushed through it, so I doubt you found any. There are multiple different endings. The trophies are quite challenging. The multiplayer aspect shouldn’t even be touched until you have finished the game and have a good grasp on how the game works. This game has a multiplayer mode. I wouldn’t call it a multiplayer game.

Oh, and congratulations on your first post! You’ve only been a member since 2009, but I guess your edgy comment just HAD to be posted.

Nothing in the main BF sales tickle my pickle, but I'm overweight so I have performance issues. I guess I'll wait for those spur of the moment deals that spring up between Friday and Tuesday. Might save an extra $5-10 by just waiting a day.

Is Deathloop worth 25? I rarely see it mentioned on here….
It's not for everyone..but for those that the game clicks for its a perfect 10. Some issues like poor ai. Do the research on it watch reviews and some videos. It seems like people either love it or hate it, and no one can tell you for sure if you are going to love it or hate it.

It's not for everyone..but for those that the game clicks for its a perfect 10. Some issues like poor ai. Do the research on it watch reviews and some videos. It seems like people either love it or hate it, and no one can tell you for sure if you are going to love it or hate it.
It’s so weird because this game did nothing for me when it was announced. The trailers, the gameplay, the 60’s-70’s style, the music, the combat, etc… I totally wrote it off. And then after it started getting 10’s, I decided to pick it up at launch, and proceeded to have an absolute blast.

A patch was released just a few days ago that has updated the AI. I’ve heard it’s much harder now.

Bought Paper Mario for Switch used at Gamestop. Wasn't going to buy anything else for BF but I've been eyeballing a used Trails of Cold Steel III for a few weeks at Gamestop (was waiting to find another game to get free shipping) and thought might as well get Paper Mario and Cold Steel III to add to the collection since both are cheap enough.

What are the best places to look for TVs? Is it just the major retailers like Best Buy, Walmart, Target? I'm not a member of any Costco, Sam's, etc.

I haven't really shopped at Newegg in a long time, but it looks mostly like marketplace sellers or off brands. Kind of similar for Amazon.

Well, I picked up Tales and Arise and Ghost of Tsushima directors cut from GS using some store credit I had saved up. The total came out to around $86 for both games which is a little more than I wanted spend but nothing else caught my eye. 

Overall, a very underwhelming BF as I doubt places will roll out more sales on actual BF. I will say, if someone was looking for Switch games, it was probably a pretty good BF lol. I have pretty much all of the Switch games I want though. 

Might pick up something on the upcoming Steam sales if any good strategy games are cheap but I think I'm done with shopping for BF this year. 

I gave my review for Deathloop PC maybe like a month ago on the Steam thread. I found it a very solid 7/10, having good graphics, pretty decent controls, excellent voice acting, but also a very repetitive with very few environments death loop with a story that becomes hokey and extremely predictable after a point. It's still cool being able to setup the perfect run you get eventually. I would recommend it at $20, but $25 is not far off if you'll play it. Also not a fan of the big lack of weapons, though you'll be relying on the good old machete about 80% of the time. Just a good not great game, but good discounted. Wouldn't pay anywhere near full price for it.

While there's a few great deals like Avengers for $15 and Guardians for $25, way too many titles feel $5 to $10 too high like Balan Wonderland for $15, AC Valhalla for $20, and Crash 4 (PS4) for $25. Cyber Monday must be better.

Gamestop.com changed their prices?

Breath of wild was 26.99 new part of the black Friday deals.

Now it's back to 39.99

Mario odyssey is still $35

I gave my review for Deathloop PC maybe like a month ago on the Steam thread. I found it a very solid 7/10, having good graphics, pretty decent controls, excellent voice acting, but also a very repetitive with very few environments death loop with a story that becomes hokey and extremely predictable after a point. It's still cool being able to setup the perfect run you get eventually. I would recommend it at $20, but $25 is not far off if you'll play it. Also not a fan of the big lack of weapons, though you'll be relying on the good old machete about 80% of the time. Just a good not great game, but good discounted. Wouldn't pay anywhere near full price for it.
:roll:

I will agree with you on the weapons, though. There’s definitely not enough of them.

bread's done
Back