Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know what time that's happening?
Walmarts website said something about BF sales starting Friday 5am local time, but i have no idea if NieR is a BF sale or just online or if its already gone... zero info about it i hate it, i also despise people posting deals on Twitter where every reseller will buy 15 copies.

Walmarts website said something about BF sales starting Friday 5am local time, but i have no idea if NieR is a BF sale or just online or if its already gone... zero info about it i hate it, i also despise people posting deals on Twitter where every reseller will buy 15 copies.
friday 5am is for in store sales

You’d almost hope some of these retailers held back stock for Friday, but at this point who knows. It’s crazy that every console is sold out right now, and some retailers like Walmart are out of controllers.

I’m still shocked how bad the digital sales are. Microsoft was always aggressive with their discounts on their store, and it’s crazy how conservative they are with any sales, unless you want something that wasn’t a 2021 release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22601 Winchester Supercenter
Damn, saw this too late and they're OOS looks like; appreciate it though!

EDIT: I did find a store in TX (77566) with it in-stock; Target still denied it saying they only deal with online price matches so I'm giving up. It will either go on sale elsewhere or they will drop the price themselves. Either way, I'll be getting that money back at some point and it may just come out of their pocket in full since they're so unwilling.

You’d almost hope some of these retailers held back stock for Friday, but at this point who knows. It’s crazy that every console is sold out right now, and some retailers like Walmart are out of controllers.

I’m still shocked how bad the digital sales are. Microsoft was always aggressive with their discounts on their store, and it’s crazy how conservative they are with any sales, unless you want something that wasn’t a 2021 release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep in mind it's not technically Black Friday yet and I suspect the weekend will unleash some better sales. Maybe not mindblowing, but I have a hard time believing this is all anyone has to offer.

Anyone else’s Walmart orders getting cancelled with the reason “cancelled due to item limits”. It was multiple games but only one copy of each

I don’t even shop on Walmart much!

That's a strangely good deal that nobody seems to be talking about actually. I think mainly because it's hitting Steam in just two months, which is also why I'm not biting TBH.
I expect it's because it's one of the ones that kind of snuck out later, just like Monster Hunter Ultimate for $27 or Avengers for $9.99.

Joke? Given the current gpu and other parts shortage there's 0% chance of a good deal popping up from what I understand. Most people are just trying to get stuff for msrp currently.
Not a joke. I just wanted to know if anyone saw anything since I didn't see anything in the main thread. I think it's a valid question to ask this time of year before dropping hundreds on something.

Anyone else’s Walmart orders getting cancelled with the reason “cancelled due to item limits”. It was multiple games but only one copy of each

I don’t even shop on Walmart much!
My order on only COD Vanguard was delayed. I selected shipping at checkout and they set it up to that stupid store delivery. I checked online and that game is sold out at both local locations now. Sounds like they waited a day to pick my order and it sold out.

Not a joke. I just wanted to know if anyone saw anything since I didn't see anything in the main thread. I think it's a valid question to ask this time of year before dropping hundreds on something.
I get it but no ones getting discounts on them currently due to the shortages and are having trouble even getting them at msrp. Sorta similar to the console situation only lower/higher depending on the gpu. There's a gpu thread so if there was a deal it'd likely pop up in there if you want to keep an eye out. But I doubt you'll find a deal unless it's piggybacking off something else and not a discount on the gpu itself like gift cards or credit card/paypal x.xx off a purchase or cash back and such. Good luck to you.

Thanks for posting this, i wouldve gave up.

I kept clicking the link and than the add the cart option came up.

Just got my order in
It went OOS just as i was cheching out :/ at least it means i can try later tonight or early in the morning to order it... maybe.

Nvm I used browser and it finally came up available. Don’t mind the $6 shipping I guess. Will try to add stuff not sold by Walmart but I’m guessing that won’t make it eligible for free shipping
I have a sinking feeling WM is going to cancel/never fulfill a lot of those Nier Replicant orders. Wouldn't be the first time ...

Nvm I used browser and it finally came up available. Don’t mind the $6 shipping I guess. Will try to add stuff not sold by Walmart but I’m guessing that won’t make it eligible for free shipping
I signed up for the free walmart + trial and got free shipping

I have a sinking feeling WM is going to cancel/never fulfill a lot of those Nier Replicant orders. Wouldn't be the first time ...
I really hope not but I remember ordering miles morales ultimate ps5 from them when it was a mistake. They ended up giving me $20 for cancelling it. For a $15 game I’m guessing they’d give only $5 lol

Is Back 4 Blood decent for playing with a bunch of randoms or not?

Hard not to buy at $25 but I’ll have no luck convincing friends that are sucked into Infinite/Duty/Battlefield to get it.

I ordered Guardians of the Galaxy and Monster Hunter Rise from Walmart. Guardians shipped but Monster Hunter is still preparing and it is out of stock. I'm thinking about cancelling Monster Hunter and ordering it from Gamestop. Would I get charged for shipping at Walmart if I cancel it?

Still waiting for Back 4 Blood and Minecraft Dungeons Hero Ed, both xbone and two of each, to go back in stock.

Some of you have some good timing. Of course the local Wally World doesn't do instore pickup for these.

Congratulations! A stress-free, mostly, weekend is a good thing.
Had to say thanks! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Ended up buying a couple more games. Thought I was going to get off light this year. ;)

bread's done
Back