Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
The movie section keeps getting smaller at stores. Best Buy didn't even have any sales. The only physical movies I have bought in the past couple of years are old movies that don't stream and steelbooks.
Best Buy had quite a few movies on sale. I grabbed Green Knight, Godzilla vs Kong, and V for Vendetta all on 4K for $10 each.

Is the steel book with GOTG cosmic edition the same as the regular game? Might get the series x version, even though got the PS5 regular earlier this week

The movie section keeps getting smaller at stores. Best Buy didn't even have any sales. The only physical movies I have bought in the past couple of years are old movies that don't stream and steelbooks.
While I agree about the aisles getting smaller, Best Buy has had movies on sale all week. I picked up :

$9.99 4K’s :

Godzilla Vs. Kong
Nobody
Mortal Kombat
Ghostbusters
The Martian Extended Cut
Ad Astra

$5.99 - $8.99 Blus

Honest Thief
Let Him Go
Batman - Long Halloween Part Two
Also ordered Unhinged but it got cancelled.

I'll wait for lis to come to Game Pass like the previous games have. I'm also thinking that Guardians of the Galaxy will too. It just seems like that kind of game.

I probably missed something, but whatever happened with these blurbs on the Target ad?

PuEHoO9.jpg

Nowhere near the volume of those numbers was added to the CAG doc so I was wondering what the deal is. My guess is these were games already $15 and $20 and they were "included as part of the sale". 

Walked through my local Walmart. They had plenty of $25 copies of :switch: Monster Hunter Rise and Hot Wheels Unleashed Bundle. Would have gladly picked up MH for a nephew, but they mostly just play popular stream games like Minecraft and Fortnite.

Walked through my local Walmart. They had plenty of $25 copies of :switch: Monster Hunter Rise and Hot Wheels Unleashed Bundle. Would have gladly picked up MH for a nephew, but they mostly just play popular stream games like Minecraft and Fortnite.
local Walmart here had a ton of games left. I don't know if it shows how bad the prices were or how much people have moved to digital, but I don't think they had sold out of any of the black friday games.

Considering I was able to finally get a PS5 from Amazon this week, I'll mark this week as a success. Added RE Village for $19, Deathloop for $25, and Astral Chain Switch for $26 and got $325tic for my Ps4 Pro so I'm happy.

Should add I haven't played and/or payed attention to an Assassin's Creeed game for many years. Is Valhalla

Considering I was able to finally get a PS5 from Amazon this week, I'll mark this week as a success. Added RE Village for $19, Deathloop for $25, and Astral Chain Switch for $26 and got $325tic for my Ps4 Pro so I'm happy.

Should add I haven't played and/or payed attention to an Assassin's Creeed game for many years. Is Valhalla <$20 a good play/buy for the PS5?
I enjoyed Valhalla, but also … I didn’t finish it. I mean it’s just more of the same old formula of running from checkpoint to checkpoint.

I enjoyed Valhalla, but also … I didn’t finish it. I mean it’s just more of the same old formula of running from checkpoint to checkpoint.
Thanks. That was always my problem with that franchise so I suspect I'll skip it til it goes even cheaper. Deathloop and Village should keep me busy anyways plus any other PS4 leftovers I have and the new PS+ games. I'm looking forward to Godfall despite its reviews..

Should add I haven't played and/or payed attention to an Assassin's Creeed game for many years. Is Valhalla <$20 a good play/buy for the iPS5?
I personally enjoyed it and some of the twists in the side stuff like fyting(impromptu poetry battles) and the river raids

Got my PS5 yesterday I lucked out on from last week’s Sony Direct. I love it so far. The Dualsense is even more than I thought it would be. Big goofy grin while playing Astro’s Playeoom. Reminded me of playing the Wii for the first time (in a cutting-edge tech kind of way). Haven’t had a chance to try Demon’s Souls yet but I’m looking forward to it!

local Walmart here had a ton of games left. I don't know if it shows how bad the prices were or how much people have moved to digital, but I don't think they had sold out of any of the black friday games.
Or it could be that the people that wanted those already bought them and or they over printed them.

well, considering that every other year the games have sold out faster, and were much cheaper....
Different games have different popularity though but yeah being even cheaper is obviously a bigger selling point. Probably the other thing being that a lot of these were the same prices elsewhere and or part of a deal. And people have credit at GameStop and Amazon, 5$ certs and % discounts for best buy and red card for target plus circle offers. target GameStop and Amazon had the buy 2 get 1 which sold out a lot of titles.

And a lot of people just don't want to shop at Walmart due to having a bad one like steelyard for Ohio.

Should add I haven't played and/or payed attention to an Assassin's Creeed game for many years. Is Valhalla <$20 a good play/buy for the PS5?
If you've let the franchise rest, it's absolutely worth $20 and I've put 300 hours into it having not touched one since Black Flag. The reason many people haven't finished it is because it's genuinely a massive game. It spans 3 different countries + Valhalla (5 with DLC) and leaked content suggests they're adding a 6th with a return to the Greek isles a la Odyssey crossover. That said, the combat is ridiculously fun and the story is good enough plus Norse mythology 101. I'd say even if you can't finish it, there's definitely enough there to get $20 worth of enjoyment. In fact, I play it daily for opals just to buy settlement cosmetics and transmog from Reda in between content releases.

Unless you hate Viking lore, I'd say give it a go.

Felt I needed to post this and warn Target shoppers: I just got a refund from customer service of about $90 to the gift card I bought during their 10% off promo last month. Why is this a warning at all you ask? Because they had stolen it from me. To explain, I had purchased items for store pickup that sat for a week unfulfilled. I ended up cancelling one item during that time and finally the entire order since they were clearly not going to fill it.

In that time, for whatever reason their system charged the gift card for the amount of the remaining items (the ~$90), which should have been pending or at least refunded but this never happened. SO my natural senses kicked in when I felt like my gift card got used up far too quickly and I investigated and found that not only had it not been refunded, BUT their system has also TAKEN the amount of the single canceled item AND NEVER EVEN RECORDED IT IN THE PURCHASE HISTORY. The only way I figured that out was by totaling up the purchase history and matching it against the total GC value amount. We're talking ANOTHER ~$50 just STOLEN by their system.

Long story short, I contacted them and relayed my findings which as it turns out actually did happen and their investigations team issued a refund for the amount that was visible in the purchase history. NOW I need to go back to them and get the rest of the missing balance since they ignored that part of my findings, even though the person I spoke with also saw the same thing and put it in the report. So if you've been using GC's at Target and canceled ANYTHING with them, check your balances to make sure they're refunding you. I've never in my life seen such a huge mistake when it comes to money, from any company. Actually extremely disappointed in them TBH.

Sadly not here, and regardless when I tried to get a PM at Target they were refusing on the grounds that it was for local stores only; not online purchases. Wish it was in-stock locally here since I'd just give my business to Walmart at this point.

Guardians-steelbook.jpg

Of all the fuck ups, Walmart got one thing right today at least; I received GotG steelbook in the mail! :bouncy:

Their stores are an absolute disaster.   Went in to pick up TWEWY but did some self-checkout first.  Not a single cashier in sight.   Long lines at every self checkout.  All those damn pop ups interrupting you when you're trying to buy groceries or finalize payment.  It took the helper a dozen supervisor overrides just to get gift receipts printed.  Finally get checked out. 

Time for ISPU.  Had to call a phone number just to get serviced.  Stood around for 5min waiting and the giant item tower is not serviceable nor are all the storage lockers.  Guy comes out.  Asks me if I cancelled the item.  I say no and said I received no new e-mails.  He shows me his device and it says "item rejected" in big red lettering.  Says the order was rejected.  I tell him no notifications.  He proceeds to hand me the plastic bag he was carrying the whole time with my Switch game inside of it.  I thank him and proceed to leave the store.  As I'm walking to my car I get an e-mail saying that the item has been cancelled and my card was refunded.

No idea how this company makes it through a fiscal month.

Check your local offerup or FB marketplace too. I have a lot of people selling the games that came with the PS5 bundle. Some are really good deals like Spider-man MM Ultimate, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Ghost of Directors cut all for $75 brand new. Worth a shot if you aren't finding the deals you like online or they are sold out.

Check your local offerup or FB marketplace too. I have a lot of people selling the games that came with the PS5 bundle. Some are really good deals like Spider-man MM Ultimate, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Ghost of Directors cut all for $75 brand new. Worth a shot if you aren't finding the deals you like online or they are sold out.
Yeah i was able to score spiderman ultimate edition for $20 sealed. Was prob def a bundle game

Time for ISPU.
My local WMs aren't doing ISPU. Curbside only. If the item was a Black Friday deal, that pickup area is on the other side of the parking lot from the normal pickup area. I had two orders to pick up yesterday, NEO TWEWY and DBZ Kakarot. Kakarot was considered BF deal but TWEWY wasn't, so I had to wait in each pickup area. TWEWY took 10-15 mins, while Kakarot in the BF area took over 30 mins. 45 mins of quality WM parking lot time :\

At least I didn't get hassled while getting TWEWY like others have. Grats on your free copy ^^

bread's done
Back