Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

note that if you buy from amazon and you live in cali, they hit you with a $6 california recycling fee on top of the tax.

That article that was quoted has no sources for its information - so, keep your eyes open on Black Friday - Sony itself said nothing about the specials being limited by location. It might be, but I haven't seen that info anywhere else. If it was part of the press packet that was sent out, everyone would have reported it.

[quote name='hyukevain']http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ps3-bundles-discounted-for-black-friday-6400187

This articles implies that Amazon will have the AC vita bundle for 200 on Black Friday.

"Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target."[/QUOTE]

Based on the released BF ads, this explanation does make sense. I do know that the Batman 2 bundle is exclusive to Target (and is available now a certain stores). It would be nice to see all the retailers participate in discounting multiple bundles, but I don't want to assume that...

Except, we do know that Best Buy does carry the AC bundle, and I'd be stunned if they'd be ok with only getting part of the discount promotion. But, we'll see ... These things are always a bit cloudy until the day.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is their a glossy coating on the AC Vita? Maybe that helps....

I guess I should not be a douche and get the girlfriend's preference[/QUOTE]

I think the glossy coating helps. It is believed that the exposed white plastic undergoes a chemical reaction when exposed to sunlight and/or containments in the air (oxidation?). The yellowing effect can happen on the white Sony controllers, because it does not have a glossy coating...

I bought a used Vita from gamestop last week...looks like I'll be returning it and getting the AC bundle for the same price. I hope there isn't some freak demand for Vitas though that makes it tough to find one.

Does gamestop do an early BF deals for Power Up members? I feel like they did something like that before, but i can't remember

[quote name='jayntampa']Except, we do know that Best Buy does carry the AC bundle, and I'd be stunned if they'd be ok with only getting part of the discount promotion. But, we'll see ... These things are always a bit cloudy until the day.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure either, but I don't like to make assumptions if I can help it.

I emailed the author of that article, so hopefully I can get some clarification on this matter...

[quote name='Seraphinianus']I bought a used Vita from gamestop last week...looks like I'll be returning it and getting the AC bundle for the same price. I hope there isn't some freak demand for Vitas though that makes it tough to find one.

Does gamestop do an early BF deals for Power Up members? I feel like they did something like that before, but i can't remember[/QUOTE]

I never heard of them doing early BF deals for Powerup members. I only know of Silver Best Buy rewards members getting early access to BF deals...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I never heard of them doing early BF deals for Powerup members. I only know of Silver Best Buy rewards members getting early access to BF deals...[/QUOTE]

ah, i prob confused it with that.

now I remember-- GS does midnight openings. I'll prob go to that just so I don't have to go anywhere on Friday.

[quote name='Seraphinianus']ah, i prob confused it with that.

now I remember-- GS does midnight openings. I'll prob go to that just so I don't have to go anywhere on Friday.[/QUOTE]

My local GameStop is opening at Midnight, even though it doesn't get a lot of traffic that day. Apparently in order to get out of the Midnight opening, the DM has to fill out a form and send it to corporate excusing them from it, and this particular DM forgot to do it...

[quote name='jayntampa']Except, we do know that Best Buy does carry the AC bundle, and I'd be stunned if they'd be ok with only getting part of the discount promotion. But, we'll see ... These things are always a bit cloudy until the day.[/QUOTE]

I got a email response back from that author of that article, he states that he got the info directly from Sony's PR team. Here is the email:

"I received the retailer-specific information from Sony's PR team in an email yesterday.

Hope this clears things up."

[quote name='United_Korea']note that if you buy from amazon and you live in cali, they hit you with a $6 california recycling fee on top of the tax.[/QUOTE]

Edson pointed out in the AMZ Warehouse thread that we're not supposed to be charged that $6 fee fyi. You can argue against it.

[quote name='GBAstar']Awesome... now just make sure you're available to click the link within about 8 seconds of it going live. And notice that its already sold out[/QUOTE]

Fixed ;)

[quote name='Donut2922']Edson pointed out in the AMZ Warehouse thread that we're not supposed to be charged that $6 fee fyi. You can argue against it.[/QUOTE]
Really? So I buy and pay now, and argue about this $6 with them later?

[quote name='GBAstar']Awesome... now just make sure you're available to click the link within about 8 seconds of it going live[/QUOTE]

but it's for the Vita. :lol:

I don't know what else they could tempt me with. I have a 32gb mem card and all the good games for the system. Persona 4 Golden is about the only extra that would hook me at this point.

Damnit! I don't know if I should get the Vita or a 360. I would like a Black Vita but I don't want COD. I'll just wait for a price drop on the Vita since it's sales are lacking. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Seraphinianus']but it's for the Vita. :lol:

I don't know what else they could tempt me with. I have a 32gb mem card and all the good games for the system. Persona 4 Golden is about the only extra that would hook me at this point.[/QUOTE]

My money would be on a larger memory card. If they toss in a 16GB that would cement the deal as pretty spectacular for someone who DOESN'T already have one.

Can you use more then one memory card on the vita? I know you can only use one account per memory card but, lets say i have a 4gb that has some PSone games installed on it, then had an 8gb one with other PSone games. Would I be able to easily swap between the two?

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I wish there was some more details on this...[/QUOTE]

Noooo, I just bought the regular AC Vita bundle for $175 off Warehouse Deals. If they add anything else or discount it further I'm going to have to return this one already. He says nothing specific though, so maybe he's just saying you should buy it from Amazon because he works for them.

Since it was announced Amazon would have it for $200 anyway, I was just going to try and get it from them - I mean, it's a Vita, not Wii Hiking for Kids, so I hope it will last longer than 10 seconds. If it is indeed a better overall package, so much the better.

[quote name='GBAstar']No I'm a little OCD and I like everything to be uniform. Electronics = black; wood furniture (TV Stand, Book Shelves, etc.) = expresso

I just think having your TV, receiver, speakers, game consoles, cables (HDMI, Component, speaker wire) satellite/cable box all one color looks sleeker.[/QUOTE]

Nice job self-diagnosing yourself with the wrong condition...

:)

You have OCPD not OCD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive–compulsive_personality_disorder

I reading news/reviews that COD declassified is really bad, then again i need to try it myself before judging, So I would try to get the Assassins creed bundle if I were you guys.

Ugh it better not be one of those lightning deals for the Vita. last year trying to get Batman ACC from that was a nightmare and I ended just going to Walmart.

Are the gamestop white vita bundles gonna be in-store only or also from their website?

And if gamestop usually sells black friday hardware/bundles from their website, does anyone know of possible shipping codes? the only one i know for sure is "saver" and that one is hit or miss.

[quote name='Graff^']My money would be on a larger memory card. If they toss in a 16GB that would cement the deal as pretty spectacular for someone who DOESN'T already have one.[/QUOTE]

definitely. those mem cards are a big problem! expensive and small.

[quote name='hyukevain']http://www.gamespot.com/news/ps-vita-ps3-bundles-discounted-for-black-friday-6400187

This articles implies that Amazon will have the AC vita bundle for 200 on Black Friday.

"Amazon and GameStop will be the exclusive carriers of the Assassin's Creed III: Liberation bundle, while gamers in the market for the Black Ops Declassified bundle will need to shop at Best Buy. Lastly, the Lego Batman 2 PS Vita pack will be available only at Target."[/QUOTE]

There is no implying look at the black friday thread. Also look at the Sony Blog post for the deals.

"The Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, and Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes PS Vita bundles will be available for $199.99 (MSRP)* on Black Friday and Saturday only. Here are the details (check your local retailers for availability):"

Check your local retailers for availability says it all. Not all stores are going to sell the bundles for the BF price of $199.99. You said it Amazon and Gamestop will sell the ACL bundle, Best Buy and I think Wal-Mart will have the COD bundle, and Target gets the Lego bundle.

I would love to see otherwise, but don't expect the other stores to sell the bundle that is not listed in their ads for the BF friday price.

I expect the knowledge of the bundle credit came to retailers after they finalized their ads, which are done weeks in advance. I'd place a bet on Amazon and Wal-mart both having the bundle deal. However, we'll know for sure shortly! Best to keep eyes open.

[quote name='EvilIA']There is no implying look at the black friday thread. Also look at the Sony Blog post for the deals.

"The Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified, and Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes PS Vita bundles will be available for $199.99 (MSRP)* on Black Friday and Saturday only. Here are the details (check your local retailers for availability):"

Check your local retailers for availability says it all. Not all stores are going to sell the bundles for the BF price of $199.99. You said it Amazon and Gamestop will sell the ACL bundle, Best Buy and I think Wal-Mart will have the COD bundle, and Target gets the Lego bundle.

I would love to see otherwise, but don't expect the other stores to sell the bundle that is not listed in their ads for the BF friday price.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly Walmart doesn't list a Vita deal at all, just the $199 PS3 bundle...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Has anyone seen the AC Vita bundle at Walmart? My local one just sells the CoD one.

I do know that Walmart does sell the AC Vita bundle online...[/QUOTE]

Dont know but I think that only Gamestop and Amazon are running a deal on the AC bundle. Gamestop for $200 and Amazon with at least a slightly better deal than that.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Josh said that Amazon is going to have a better deal than just the $200 pricetag, so I'm thinking maybe a $25 credit?

Link.[/QUOTE]

Worried about dirt and blemishes with the White Vita, but if it's a good deal, I might jump on it.

(laughs) Really wish I hadn't seen the Amazon Reddit post on their Vita bundle. I've been working on taking maximum advantage of G$ trade-ins, so I've got all my credit tied up there. Anyone think there's a chance to get Gamestop to match in-store whatever bonus Amazon will offer?

I'm watching some football and have seen a couple Vita commercials. One for Black Ops and a sponsorship ad talking about the CoD bundle being $200 at Gamestop for BF. Good to see Sony really pushing the Vita right now.

[quote name='TwistedOrange']Josh said that Amazon is going to have a better deal than just the $200 pricetag, so I'm thinking maybe a $25 credit?

Link.[/QUOTE]

It's probably going to be a percentage off accessories promotion. I'd be good with that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I'm watching some football and have seen a couple Vita commercials. One for Black Ops and a sponsorship ad talking about the CoD bundle being $200 at Gamestop for BF. Good to see Sony really pushing the Vita right now.[/QUOTE]
Same here I have seen both the cod and ac liberation bundle ads on tv last night about 4-5 times during a 2 hour period watching college football. While the wii u ads are MIA...

[quote name='squishface']still waiting on the vita game deals, I haven't seen anything yet from any retailers or online stores.[/QUOTE]

Wipeout 2048 and Hot Shots are both $20. Mortal Kombat was $10 at gamestop last month. Gamefly had MGS HD Collection for $18, Resistance for $10 and Lego Batman for $12. Lumines will be $15 this week on Amazon. Newegg had $12 off Ragnarok Odyssey with promo code. PS+ will debut this week with bunch of free games.

bread's done
Back