Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

[quote name='Wayne Cabana'](laughs) Really wish I hadn't seen the Amazon Reddit post on their Vita bundle. I've been working on taking maximum advantage of G$ trade-ins, so I've got all my credit tied up there. Anyone think there's a chance to get Gamestop to match in-store whatever bonus Amazon will offer?[/QUOTE]

i did the exact same thing. i actually had about $60 in bby credit i was thinking about using for an amazon card, but since they were so late with their bf ad, i decided to just convert that to gs credit with some trade ins. :wall:

c'mon gs; don't let me down.

[quote name='MusePrime']If you buy the Vita bundle now from Best Buy. They will price match it on Black Friday. You just have to Brave the return lines.[/QUOTE]

How do you figure that? BB isn't price matching until the 26th and they've never price matched on Black Friday ... in fact they close customer service on Black Friday as far as I'm aware.

[quote name='oasisboy']$149.99 with a 32 GB card and Uncharted and you have a deal... no rush here.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I have to agree ... really wanted to imagine myself grabbing a vita this year, but there's simply not enough value with the current bundles and a lack of AAA releases on the horizon. I'll buy one someday but not in 2012.

They really should have included an 8GB card in those bundles. The real problem with them (aside from the games not being very good) is that those 4GB cards are nearly worthless if you're going to download anything digital.

I'm ok with it though I got my AC Vita for $175 and sold AC and the 4GB card for a whopping $25 after ebay fees and shipping so paid $150 for the system which is good enough for me. Now just waiting on a 32GB card for $50 or less or a 16GB for $25 or so.

[quote name='ShockandAww']They really should have included an 8GB card in those bundles. The real problem with them (aside from the games not being very good) is that those 4GB cards are nearly worthless if you're going to download anything digital.
[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.

You could download the PS+ selections of Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, and still have 1 GB left to spare. You could probably fit at least 2 average Vita games on a 4GB card, which is adequate IMO. Uncharted is probably one of the few exceptions since it is a larger game.

Since with this bundle, Sony is basically giving the game and memory card for free, I'm not complaining. It is worlds better than what normally comes with the standalone Vita...

[quote name='etcrane']Sadly, I have to agree ... really wanted to imagine myself grabbing a vita this year, but there's simply not enough value with the current bundles and a lack of AAA releases on the horizon. I'll buy one someday but not in 2012.[/QUOTE]

Really?

$160 for console
$40 for game (COD:BOD or AC3:L)
+4 GB Card

As for great games...

PS All-stars
AC3:L
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted
Soul Sacrifice (2013)
COD BOD (I have it, and I don't agree w/ reviews...online is a blast)
Wipeout 2048
Persona 4 Golden
Rayman Origins

[quote name='Curufinwe']How'd you get the AC Vita for $175?

I'm planning on getting one from Amazon for $200.[/QUOTE]

Just wait and get that. I got mine "used" from Amazon Warehouse. They've been as low as $163 or so in good condition on AWD. Again though just wait for the $200 bundle since you'll know it's brand new and they're apparently throwing in something extra with it anyway. I may even return mine if whatever they add in is something good.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I don't agree.

You could download the PS+ selections of Gravity Rush and Wipeout 2048, and still have 1 GB left to spare. You could probably fit at least 2 average Vita games on a 4GB card, which is adequate IMO. Uncharted is probably one of the few exceptions since it is a larger game.

Since with this bundle, Sony is basically giving the game and memory card for free, I'm not complaining. It is worlds better than what normally comes with the standalone Vita...[/QUOTE]

I suppose "adequate" is a fair enough term. I'd just rather have something slightly more than adequate. If you dont do anything digital you'd probably be fine with it for quite some time. Any which way $200 for all that is a very good deal imo. It's worth $200 despite what so many people like to say about the Vita.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I don't agree.

Since with this bundle, Sony is basically giving the game and memory card for free, I'm not complaining. It is worlds better than what normally comes with the standalone Vita...[/QUOTE]

I suppose "adequate" is a fair enough term. I'd just rather have something slightly more than adequate. If you dont do anything digital you'd probably be fine with it for quite some time.

[quote name='ndheah']Really?

$160 for console
$40 for game (COD:BOD or AC3:L)
+4 GB Card

As for great games...

PS All-stars
AC3:L
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted
Soul Sacrifice (2013)
COD BOD (I have it, and I don't agree w/ reviews...online is a blast)
Wipeout 2048
Persona 4 Golden
Rayman Origins[/QUOTE]
Though its not an exclusive you didnt mention one of the best games for the system. Virtues Last Reward is fantastic if you're into story. Also you left out a big one that is exclusive. Little Big Planet. Sly 4 is also coming.

[quote name='diplo']I hope the Amazon deal is either a bigger memory card or LBP. Otherwise I'll just use my Gamestop credit.[/QUOTE]
Probably not going to happen at all but I was also hoping for LBP.

[quote name='JAlbertL']Wipeout 2048 and Hot Shots are both $20. Mortal Kombat was $10 at gamestop last month. Gamefly had MGS HD Collection for $18, Resistance for $10 and Lego Batman for $12. Lumines will be $15 this week on Amazon. Newegg had $12 off Ragnarok Odyssey with promo code. PS+ will debut this week with bunch of free games.[/QUOTE]

The only one from that list I don't have is the MGS collection, i'm hoping to see a deal on nfs , lbp 2, and maybe ac3 vita versions.

Does anyone know if the Vita will be discounted online at $199? I live (literally) in the middle of no where (Wyoming) and none of the stores around have an AC Liberation Vita. I'll certainly go in on one if I can get it online.

[quote name='rytay777']Does anyone know if the Vita will be discounted online at $199? I live (literally) in the middle of no where (Wyoming) and none of the stores around have an AC Liberation Vita. I'll certainly go in on one if I can get it online.[/QUOTE]
amazon

i just bought black ops for vita today and the game is so so the multiplayer is amazing but the campaign wasn't impressive .......... i wanna get AC next

This will be the last time I mention this, since a moderator unwisely decided to delete my thread on the subject.

The BF Vita deals are store specific, despite what you may have implied from Sony's blog post and press release. There is new evidence directly from PlayStation's VP of marketing John Koller.

He states: "most major retailers will have these deals, although they will get to choose which bundle they will put on offer. Check with your local retailer before you go to make sure they have the bundle you want."

Here is a question I asked on this page: "Many retailers are just advertising the Call of Duty Vita bundle at the Black Friday price, even though they also carry the Assassin’s Creed Bundle. Does that mean that only that bundle being advertised at the special price is being discounted, or will all the bundles be discounted anyway?"

He responded: "It will depend on the retailer – make sure to check before you go."

IMO that is the clearest evidence yet that these BF prices on Vita bundles won't be universal at all retailers. Anyone not knowing this ahead of time is likely to be confused and disappointed.

You can read his comments yourself on the PS Blog, be sure to read the comments section for his responses:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/16/exclusive-black-friday-deals-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/#comments

Dammit, Amazon has cemented my decision to purchase a Vita on Friday. I was going to wait until tax return time, but off I go to Best Buy to convert my fall preorder credit and used game trade gift card to Amazon credit!

I was tempted by Best Buy's $200 deal, but a better game, not having to go out on BF, and a mystery bonus makes it a real no-brainer through Amazon.

[quote name='Graff^']My money would be on a larger memory card. If they toss in a 16GB that would cement the deal as pretty spectacular for someone who DOESN'T already have one.[/QUOTE]

So then, we'd actually be getting two memory cards, since the 4GB is already included in the packaging? That would be cool, but I'm skeptical.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']This will be the last time I mention this, since a moderator unwisely decided to delete my thread on the subject.

The BF Vita deals are store specific, despite what you may have implied from Sony's blog post and press release. There is new evidence directly from PlayStation's VP of marketing John Koller.

He states: "most major retailers will have these deals, although they will get to choose which bundle they will put on offer. Check with your local retailer before you go to make sure they have the bundle you want."

Here is a question I asked on this page: "Many retailers are just advertising the Call of Duty Vita bundle at the Black Friday price, even though they also carry the Assassin’s Creed Bundle. Does that mean that only that bundle being advertised at the special price is being discounted, or will all the bundles be discounted anyway?"

He responded: "It will depend on the retailer – make sure to check before you go."

IMO that is the clearest evidence yet that these BF prices on Vita bundles won't be universal at all retailers. Anyone not knowing this ahead of time is likely to be confused and disappointed.

You can read his comments yourself on the PS Blog, be sure to read the comments section for his responses:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/16/exclusive-black-friday-deals-for-ps3-and-ps-vita/#comments[/QUOTE]

Yes, I can't imagine that retailers would have all three bundles on sale and not advertise that fact.

[quote name='zewone']Really looking forward to find out what's in the Amazon AC Vita bundle.[/QUOTE]
Oh, are they including something else with it?

[quote name='dallow']Oh, are they including something else with it?[/QUOTE]

Amazon is. It could be something as lame as the accessory set that TrU is including or even a mp3/video credit for all we know.

An Amazon Video Games Marketing Manager on reddit though did confirm that it'll be "a better deal than just $200 for the AC3 Vita bundle".

So that's all we really know about it.

Does anyone know what day and time the Vita/AC III bundle (or just the Vita bundles in general) will be available on Amazon? I have to get the AC III bundle and would very much prefer to get it from Amazon to avoid having to get during the clusterfuck of this time of year. Thanks guys.

[quote name='JanusDS']Does anyone know what day and time the Vita/AC III bundle (or just the Vita bundles in general) will be available on Amazon? I have to get the AC III bundle and would very much prefer to get it from Amazon to avoid having to get during the clusterfuck of this time of year. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]
no one knows, so you are going to have to check amazon daily

[quote name='YBX87']no one knows, so you are going to have to check amazon daily[/QUOTE]
Not true. It's going to be the Friday Gold Box deal. I think it will start at 12:01 AM Pacific.

It's not a lightning deal so you should have plenty of time to buy it.

[quote name='YBX87']no one knows, so you are going to have to check amazon daily[/QUOTE]

Heh, I always check Amazon video game section and deals every day when I wake up just in case they decide to pop out something worth a fuck. It used to pay off in past years, but they have been pretty routinely shoddy this year with the exception of "special events" like Black Friday/holiday deals and their digital game deals, which have been quite good in lieu of their once good, now shoddy console/handheld "deals", if you can call them that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Not true. It's going to be the Friday Gold Box deal. I think it will start at 12:01 AM Pacific.

It's not a lightning deal so you should have plenty of time to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll be up till a little past 3am Friday. Given how I've been wanting a Vita and this is awesome to get it and a game I definitely want, so I want to make sure they don't sell out. :razz: Oh well, I'm gonna be hitting up Walmart at 8pm Thu and BB at 12am Fri unless they let you do online or and in store pickup, so fuck sleep. :lol:

Anyone holding off on a Vita should just jump in and get the AC3:L bundle. I'm loving AC3:L and it plays exactly like ACII (I haven't tried ACIII yet).
As for COD:BO:D I have no idea but critics are tearing it apart BUT I will say that a lot of the mainstream critics tore apart Resistance Burning Skies (but quite a few didn't!) and I was reluctant to buy it but finally caved in and I now LOVE Resistance Burning Skies so give it a try.
With Uncharted (I like it as much as I like UC2), Gravity Rush (think Infamous anime style with defying gravity), Jet Set Radio(no idea?), Wipeout 2048 (awesome racing game), and Tales from Space (I hear great things about this) free on PS+ this month then you're really losing out by not getting one.
Plus Persona 4 Golden just came out, and LBP came out not too long ago. Trust me this handheld is amazing and plays amazing.
Happy hunting CAGers!

[quote name='ZincAlloy']Anyone holding off on a Vita should just jump in and get the AC3:L bundle. I'm loving AC3:L and it plays exactly like ACII (I haven't tried ACIII yet).
As for COD:BO:D I have no idea but critics are tearing it apart BUT I will say that a lot of the mainstream critics tore apart Resistance Burning Skies (but quite a few didn't!) and I was reluctant to buy it but finally caved in and I now LOVE Resistance Burning Skies so give it a try.
With Uncharted (I like it as much as I like UC2), Gravity Rush (think Infamous anime style with defying gravity), Jet Set Radio(no idea?), Wipeout 2048 (awesome racing game), and Tales from Space (I hear great things about this) free on PS+ this month then you're really losing out by not getting one.
Plus Persona 4 Golden just came out, and LBP came out not too long ago. Trust me this handheld is amazing and plays amazing.
Happy hunting CAGers![/QUOTE]

Damn, don't do this to me man.. You're tempting me to get a vita this year lol. I told myself to just wait and see if a GT or GOW vita will come, then buy that even if it takes 1 year or 2 of waiting.

[quote name='rbanez']Damn, don't do this to me man.. You're tempting me to get a vita this year lol. I told myself to just wait and see if a GT or GOW vita will come, then buy that even if it takes 1 year or 2 of waiting.[/QUOTE]

Dude you like similar games to me.
Dark Souls (100%), UC3 (100%), AC (have all of them including the PSP one), and Jak and Daxter (almost done with II). Trust me buy a Vita, you won't regret it. Airplanes? Vita. Long car ride (passenger)? Vita. Doctor's appt? Vita. Insomnia? Vita. Got home but have only 20-30 minutes before you have to leave? Vita.

So I just got my COD Vita bundle in the mail from Target. The system is pretty damn sweet, and it looks beautiful. The screen is amazing...very nice. So I played some of COD Declassified. I played the tutorial and two wi-fi multiplayer games, each on different maps. So not too much to make a review of any sort. But what I did play, if this helps anyone, was pretty badass. The load times on multiplayer were pretty long, which sucked, but once you get in, the game is very smooth. Just don't expect to get in a quick game on the bowl, lol. The maps are small, as everyone has said, and you do spawn right in front of the enemy sometimes, which can suck, but the enemy spawns right in front of you sometimes, which I never hear anyone complain about...lol. It's not perfect, there is much room for improvement, but from the small amount I played, I can tell you I will be playing this game for a long time. I didn't touch any modes except Team Deathmatch and I didn't touch single player, if you can call it that. But what I played was just very fun like the console versions, and the controls, even the touch controls, worked really well. I am a COD fan, but if the game sucked, I would say it. It may not be worth $50, but if you can get it for cheap or with the bundle, I think you will have fun with it. As long as you don't expect a deep game, since it's just a pick up and play on the go Call of Duty.

[quote name='ZincAlloy']With Uncharted (I like it as much as I like UC2), Gravity Rush (think Infamous anime style with defying gravity), Jet Set Radio(no idea?), Wipeout 2048 (awesome racing game), and Tales from Space (I hear great things about this) free on PS+ this month then you're really losing out by not getting one.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know if someone's really losing since they can just add those games to their download list and then download them when they eventually get a Vita. But sure, in the meantime they do lose out in not being able to play those games immediately...

[quote name='rbanez']Damn, don't do this to me man.. You're tempting me to get a vita this year lol. I told myself to just wait and see if a GT or GOW vita will come, then buy that even if it takes 1 year or 2 of waiting.[/QUOTE]
Haha oh the irony man, and here I was hardpressed on buying a Crystal White Vita, but you just reminded me that GoW Ascension is coming out soon and I wouldn't doubt if they release a new GoW for the Vita later on. Now I'm wondering if I should wait till I see what new Vita consoles they'll announce next year.

Meanwhile I can continue racking up the game collection. :bouncy:

Don't really care for the White vita and would prefer Liberations in a box. Does the Black Ops bundle come with the special something from amazon too? Or only Liberations? Anyone know if the 32GB memory cards are going on sale? At what time would I have to order a Vita to get the Amazon specific special offer?

[quote name='zewone']Well, I just bought P4: Golden in anticipation. Now, I just need a Vita.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I bought Persona, Persona 2 and P3P for PSP from PSN in anticipation since they've been half price for the past 2 weeks. :razz: The CAG in me just won't let me buy P4G yet though, especially since I still have P4 for PS2. :oops: I've never played Persona 1 & 2 though so I'm excited to play those. :) There are a lot of PSP games that are compatible with Vita that I want to play...not quite sure why I never got a PSP. :whistle2:k I haven't even looked through Vita games that are out now but know I really want to play AC III and also want Uncharted and P4G. :D

lol I love how many people have games backlogged for this console but don't have the console. And why does everyone want an ugly red GOW Vita that probably won't come out for atleast another 2 years? If anything, I'd want a Peacewalker green type color!

[quote name='JanusDS']Heh, I bought Persona, Persona 2 and P3P for PSP from PSN in anticipation since they've been half price for the past 2 weeks. :razz: The CAG in me just won't let me buy P4G yet though, especially since I still have P4 for PS2. :oops: I've never played Persona 1 & 2 though so I'm excited to play those. :) There are a lot of PSP games that are compatible with Vita that I want to play...not quite sure why I never got a PSP. :whistle2:k I haven't even looked through Vita games that are out now but know I really want to play AC III and also want Uncharted and P4G. :D[/QUOTE]

How can I buy the Persona games without a Vita?

I think I missed that sale. :cry:

I don't think PSN has a webstore like XBLM..

Awesome deals. I just wish the game they bundled came in a real case and not just a cheap thing. I'm seriously considering buying a retail copy of Assassin's Creed Liberation just so I have the case! LOL

Sounds like Call of Duty was really rushed or something though, which stinks, because Vita already HAS some really REALLY shockingly good FPS that show the system can handle real current gen FPS...there's no reason it couldn't get a real Call of Duty, and maybe even CODBLOPS 2, and yet sounds like Activision really screwed this up, doesn't even have a coherent story.

*sigh* I'm sure I'll still buy it though lol.

These bundles + PSN+ support made me think about asking for one on my Xmas list. Then... I looked what games are upcoming for it and realized it isn't worth it, even with all that stuff.

[quote name='zewone']How can I buy the Persona games without a Vita?

I don't think PSN has a webstore like XBLM..[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that he bought them on a PS3, there's no web-based storefront unfortunately. The good news is that I don't THINK the Persona sale ends today, so if you're picking a Vita up this weekend you ought to be able to get them. You might also be able to convince a friend with a PS3 (or PSP or Vita) to let you use it, create a PSN account and buy them there.

Amazon pretty much cancelled my P4 Gold Edition.
Ugh...

You can still buy them now before the store updates in a few hours. (That's if the Persona sale ends today, not sure)
Use PS3, or install Media Go on your computer to purchase.

(Media Go is for PSP transfer, but you can use it to at least buy the items so they'll be ready to download on Vita)

[quote name='Graff^']I'm guessing that he bought them on a PS3, there's no web-based storefront unfortunately. The good news is that I don't THINK the Persona sale ends today, so if you're picking a Vita up this weekend you ought to be able to get them. You might also be able to convince a friend with a PS3 (or PSP or Vita) to let you use it, create a PSN account and buy them there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dallow']Amazon pretty much cancelled my P4 Gold Edition.
Ugh...

You can still buy them now before the store updates in a few hours. (That's if the Persona sale ends today, not sure)
Use PS3, or install Media Go on your computer to purchase.

(Media Go is for PSP transfer, but you can use it to at least buy the items so they'll be ready to download on Vita)[/QUOTE]
I do have a PS3, but I am at work...Damn. I hope it's still up by the time I get home.

Thanks for the responses.

You can buy them on your PS3 and either download them on your Vita or download them on your PS3 and transfer them to your Vita I believe, assuming you have a PS3. I'm pretty sure you can link your PSN account from your PS3 to your Vita (at least I would hope so) so I'm thinking I should just be able to download the games from my purchase history once I set up my PSN account on my Vita.

Since you mentioned the webstore, I'm guessing you may not have a PS3 but if you do check it out since they may not have updated the PS Store yet today and the Persona games would still be half price then.

EDIT: Whoops, didn't already see the responses...oh well, I'll except getting ninja'ed today. :razz:

[quote name='zewone']I do have a PS3, but I am at work...Damn. I hope it's still up by the time I get home.

Thanks for the responses.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bummed out if you missed it. Those games regularly go on sale and this had to have been probably, at least, its third time on sale this year.

[quote name='lordopus99']These bundles + PSN+ support made me think about asking for one on my Xmas list. Then... I looked what games are upcoming for it and realized it isn't worth it, even with all that stuff.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a cod bundle at regular price and i really like it.Those looking at upcoming games needs to know that big announcements this year for vita were LBP, AC3L,PSAS and COD..

I think it might continue next year with gta(rumor) resident evil sumthing and you never know,.I do know it will be awesome stuff...When i look at upcoming releases for 3ds i see luigi mansion and it was a quick decision. Vita baby!!:bouncy:

Might buy another if i find one late friday night.It just seems backwards to say that no games are on the vita when im already thinking of buying more games like mlb and mk..Not attacking , just imo.

bread's done
Back