Black Friday Vita - $199 ACIII/Lego/COD bundles, mulitple retailers

jayntampa

CAGiversary!
Joystiq reports that three Vita bundles will be on sale across multiple retailers for all of Black Friday - so, not just Best Buy and not just the Call of Duty Black Ops bundle. This is kind of a big deal to my shopping plans, so I thought others might care, too. I expect Amazon will have these prices, too:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/special-vita-ps3-bundles-drop-to-200-for-black-friday/#continued

November 16, 2012 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today announced exclusive Black Friday deals for the PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) and PlayStation®3 (PS3™) systems. These bundles include some of the biggest games available this holiday season and will be offered with special reduced pricing for the biggest shopping day of the year.

PS Vita

All three PS Vita bundles will be available for only $199.99 (MSRP) on November 23rd and 24th:

PS Vita Assassin's Creed® III Liberation Bundle includes:

Crystal White PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Assassin's Creed® III Liberation game
4GB Memory Card
PS Vita Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Call of Duty®: Black Ops: Declassified game
4GB Memory Card
Lego® Batman™ 2 Limited Edition PlayStation®Vita Bundle includes:

Crystal Black PS Vita Wi-Fi System
Lego® Batman™ 2: DC Super Heroes game
PS3™

The new 250GB PS3™ system will be bundled with two of the most popular gaming franchises, UNCHARTED™, winner of more than 200 Game of the Year Awards, and the fan favorite inFAMOUS™.

PS3™ Black Friday deals can be found below:

The Ultimate PlayStation®3 Value Bundle, selling at $199.99, includes:

PS3™ 250GB system
UNCHARTED™ Dual Pack
Includes Drake's Fortune® and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™
inFAMOUS™ Collection
Includes inFAMOUS™, inFAMOUS™ 2, and inFAMOUS™ Festival of Blood
30 day PlayStation®Plus Trial Membership
These deals offer exceptional value for consumers looking for the perfect gaming solution this holiday season and will only be available at participating retailers, while supplies last.

Oh snap. Now I must get that Amazon bundle. I ordered from Newegg a couple of hours ago and got a too late to cancel notice. I guess I'll have to return it once it gets here.

that deal honestly seems too good to be true. I mean playstation all star battles just came out this week and they are throwing it in for free on top of an extra 20 bucks off. I am fairly skeptical. Ill definitely grab one as a gift if it turns out to be true though.

I really like all star battles on the vita. All the characters play totally different from each other. Online multiplayer is very very fun. I don't really understand the reviews.

I prefer the black vita but the $180 AC amazon bundle is too good to pass up. but Im preparing to have a backup plan. anyone know which B&M stores will have the CoD bundle for $199?

Wow, that deal does seem insane. A shame they aren't offering it with the COD bundle, not that I even like COD, but just out of preference for a black Vita. :(
I'd seriously jump on it even without the extras, the $20 off sale price alone is worth it. Too bad Amazon started charging tax in my state not too long ago, but I suppose it would be the same for Fry's and Best Buy. Oh well.

[quote name='Back4more']I prefer the black vita but the $180 AC amazon bundle is too good to pass up. but Im preparing to have a backup plan. anyone know which B&M stores will have the CoD bundle for $199?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has the COD bundle I believe

[quote name='spree4567']Best Buy has the COD bundle I believe[/QUOTE]

Best Buy, Fry's, and I believe Gamestop are all carrying the COD bundle.
I think you can buy it on bestbuy.com as of right now, Fry's starting 9:00 PST, and Gamestop whenever they open. Didn't see if it was on the website already.

[quote name='LagFighter']Oh my god, this is everything I could have ever dreamed of for a bundle. Wow. I will be ready at midnight when this goes live.[/QUOTE]

I'll be getting up at 3am. Can't take the chance of missing out on this deal.

That $20 cheaper price tag will make it that much easier to upgrade memory cards. Will be like going from a one room shack at 4GB to a 20k square foot mansion at 32GB.

[quote name='silkysmooth']That $20 cheaper price tag will make it that much easier to upgrade memory cards. Will be like going from a one room shack at 4GB to a 20k square foot mansion at 32GB.[/QUOTE]

More like going from a one room shack to an eight room shack, but yeah, one could definitely consider the 20 bucks off to be 20 bucks off the price of a memory card, which makes them much more palatable.

[quote name='LagFighter']Oh my god, this is everything I could have ever dreamed of for a bundle. Wow. I will be ready at midnight when this goes live.[/QUOTE]

This is actually WAY more than I could have dreamed for a bundle!!! I will be staying up tonight to get it!

[quote name='plastik3000']From Polygon.com:

An Assassin's Creed 3 PlayStation Vita bundle is hitting Amazon.com today for $179.99, and will feature a white PS Vita, a 4GB memory card and copy of Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation for the handheld device.
Also included in the Thanksgiving deal is download code for PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, 30-day code for PlayStation Plus and a $10 Gift Card toward Assassin's Creed 3 on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 consoles, an Amazon representative told Polygon.
This follows last week's reveal from Sony regarding an Assassin's Creed 3 Vita bundle including a PlayStation Vita limited Edition white Wifi device, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation and a 4GB memory card for $199.99.
Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation received a 6 out of 10 from Polygon, stating "Ubisoft's desire to transcend low expectations for handheld spin-offs is clear."[/QUOTE]

Holy ****! Sign me up! :applause:

So when is that Vita deal going live? The polygon article states 'hits today' but amazon.com is still showing $249 price.

[quote name='Dragonyeuw']So when is that Vita deal going live? The polygon article states 'hits today' but amazon.com is still showing $249 price.[/QUOTE]

Midnight PST.

Maybe they made a mistake, but doesn't "Update: The Assassin's Creed PS Vita bundle will hit Amazon.com on Nov. 23 at 12 p.m. PST. Users will find the bundle on the website's Gold Box page." indicate 12 NOON, not midnight? :s

Gold Box stuff usually goes live in the morning, and the amazon rep on reddit said you can find it after midnight.

Still, why take the chance if you really want this? Get up 10 minutes before the sale and check it out. Wait around 20-30 minutes and if it isn't live then go to bed.

[quote name='snakemaster2389']so what time does gamestop open up and when do the gamestop ac liberations vita bundles sales begin?[/QUOTE]
My local gamestop opens at midnight, I think that is generally true for all gamestops that aren't inside of a mall that'll open on separate hours. Try calling anyway to get a sense of how many they have in the store.

[quote name='silkysmooth']That $20 cheaper price tag will make it that much easier to upgrade memory cards. Will be like going from a one room shack at 4GB to a 20k square foot mansion at 32GB.[/QUOTE]
I would have preferred them to keep their discount and shitty 4gb stick and just thrown the 32gb stick in.

Sounds like a good deal. Though w/PS+ giving out Vita games it sounds like I'll have to put down another 80$ or so for the 32gb card. Are there cheaper places to get it or is amazon's 80$ about what I'm going to pay anywhere?

[quote name='Rassilon']Sounds like a good deal. Though w/PS+ giving out Vita games it sounds like I'll have to put down another 80$ or so for the 32gb card. Are there cheaper places to get it or is amazon's 80$ about what I'm going to pay anywhere?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm hoping for some insight on this as well. If I don't end up finding anything by midnight, I'll probably go ahead and order the 32 GB memory card from Amazon for $80 (depressing, yeah) so I can have it when my Vita comes in.

Is it possible to return a new Vita with the receipt from one purchased earlier this month?
Or is it something something serial number that would prevent that? (To best buy)

[quote name='dallow']Is it possible to return a new Vita with the receipt from one purchased earlier this month?
Or is it something something serial number that would prevent that? (To best buy)[/QUOTE]
Best Buy and the other big retailers always have the serial number scanned into there systems and recorded on the receipt upon purchase.

[quote name='htz']Best Buy and the other big retailers always have the serial number scanned into there systems and recorded on the receipt upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Thanks!

There are certainly enough people taking this to be 100% true, so I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, and you'll also have to excuse my ignorance but I have one simple question: Is polygon a reliable site/source? I've heard of it but am not at all familiar. Again, don't want to offend anyone but this deal almost seems too good to be true and just want to make sure I don't waste mine (and my girlfriend's) time staying up until 3am only to be disappointed. Not only would I be sad but my girlfriend would probably shank me. Thanks. :)

do you guys think gamestop has this instock eventhough the tracker says nothing within 100 miles of my location?

Haha i just came here to ask the same thing... i've had the 4gb since launch and i REALLY want a 32gb card but i refuse to spend $80 on one. I'm really surprised they haven't been a featured BF sale item this season considering how expensive they are.

[quote name='dipic']There are certainly enough people taking this to be 100% true, so I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, and you'll also have to excuse my ignorance but I have one simple question: Is polygon a reliable site/source? I've heard of it but am not at all familiar. Again, don't want to offend anyone but this deal almost seems too good to be true and just want to make sure I don't waste mine (and my girlfriend's) time staying up until 3am only to be disappointed. Not only would I be sad but my girlfriend would probably shank me. Thanks. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah - Polygon is very new, but reliable. Plus, there have been confirmations of the deal by an Amazon employee. You're all clear. :)

[quote name='LagFighter']Yeah - Polygon is very new, but reliable. Plus, there have been confirmations of the deal by an Amazon employee. You're all clear. :)[/QUOTE]
Excellent. 'Appreciate it, good sir (or madam.) :)

[quote name='Rassilon']Sounds like a good deal. Though w/PS+ giving out Vita games it sounds like I'll have to put down another 80$ or so for the 32gb card. Are there cheaper places to get it or is amazon's 80$ about what I'm going to pay anywhere?[/QUOTE]
Amazon seems to have the best prices for new memory cards. The only place I've seen cheaper is CeX used for $68 ($55 + $13 shipping, currently oos): http://us.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SPSVIT32GBMEM

I got a CoD Vita last week and PS+ on Tuesday. The 4GB card that comes with these bundles is definitely not enough for PS+. I could fit Gravity Rush, Tales from Space, Jet Set Radio, and Castlevania SoTN (not included with PS+, I already had this through my PS3 account). Even with just GR and SoTN, I couldn't fit Wipeout 2048 on 4GB. Uncharted by itself would be over 3GB.

I ordered 16GB from Amazon for $47 (-$5 from that Amazon fb promotion the other day) since it seems the most balanced. I want to be able to hold digital games like from PS+, but most of my games will still be cartridges since they're cheaper (especially with the B1G1 from GS yesterday) and can be resold. 8GB would probably be ok, but I don't want to have to buy more storage later. 32GB is overkill unless you want all your games in digital format.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Any sales on 32GB memory cards?[/QUOTE]

and thats what any owner of vita would like...

Any idea how many games per memory card for Vita? I would like some PSP games and maybe a few Vita games. Obviously the 4GB wouldn't do much. How many games woudl fit on the 16 or 32?

[quote name='coolrust']do you guys think gamestop has this instock eventhough the tracker says nothing within 100 miles of my location?[/QUOTE]

My zip is giving the same thing... Still going to try to get one tonight, and if that does not work out I will try for Amazon tomorrow.

I really hope I can just get one tonight, though I refuse to wait out in the cold for 4 hours :lol:

[quote name='htz']Best Buy and the other big retailers always have the serial number scanned into there systems and recorded on the receipt upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

are you sure? i dont see anything on my target receipt...

[quote name='41down']are you sure? i dont see anything on my target receipt...[/QUOTE]
Maybe they forgot to scan the serial number on your purchase. I bought a clearanced Nintendo dsi 2 months ago from target and it had a serial number on the receipt.

Went to my local G$ at 5am this morning and they only had five ACIII bundles, which didn't show up on the in-store tracker. Of course, they wouldn't match Amazon's price, but I was told "if the [Gamestop] website does it, then we can do it."

I'd been finagling G$ credit since the sales leaked, so I went ahead and snagged it. Already got All-Stars and I've still got a good 8 months on my PS+ membership. Now, just need to track down a deal on a bigger memory card...

[quote name='zewone']Deal is live, but it doesn't mention All Stars. Maybe have to wait for Gold Box.[/QUOTE]

It is in the 'special offers section. It is an auto bundle if you click in the goldbox description, I believe.

bread's done
Back