Black Ops 2 Care Package & Hardened Edition Pre-Order $179.99/$79.99 Amazon

[quote name='thetruth1983']Was the 360 Care package every available on Amazon? Looks like it's unavailable now but I don't know if that means it's sold out.[/QUOTE]

It was; I preordered it when this thread was created.

Edit: Not sure what you're talking about but it is available for preorder right now (I just checked). Use the link in the first post.

[quote name='ShadowSx']These will be over produced and put in clearance a few months after release, mark my words.[/QUOTE]

You are making this statement based on..........

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']wait for it to hit $50[/QUOTE]

the care package is never going to hit that, call of duty prestige editions always keep a decent value. I have never gotten the mw2 or black ops prestige editions as I thought the price would drop on them in the future, but they still keep a solid $100!

gotta admit, the dragon fly drone looks kinda nice. no idea whered I store the care package case though. however, there's no way I would drop $100 for those 2 pieces alone.

A little disappointed they didn't package the elite in with the hardened/prestige as they did for mw3, but o well, will still pick the hardened to go with my other cod steel books.

and dragon fly, when you clearance out for

[quote name='GBAstar']oh lord.. either your hate is showing or you have a short memory. This will be one of the most anticpated COD games yet. Black Ops has just as big if not more active community that MW3 currently does.

If the DLC is exclusive to the CE's (hardened/care package) they will go for $50 - $100 easily. You should have no problem parting these out to make your money back---even at MSRP. That can't be said for many CE's.

Activision is doing something right when it comes to the collectors editions of the COD franchise. I haven't seen any sitting on store shelves in all my travels and I spend a lot of time in retail stores. Last CE I saw sitting on a shelf was COD: WAW (360) and it was the version that containd the canteen.[/QUOTE]

Is it too early for the Whitney Houston "crack is whack" jokes? With the exclusion of MW3, since it came with a free year of Elite, I have seen a ton of copies of any collector/special/hardened editions of every COD that had one. I was still seeing copies of the RC car version of Blops AFTER the MW3 release. While it has been far too long for me to accurately recall this, I believe Amazon has had EVERY one except MW3 available at a discount at some point after launch.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']the care package is never going to hit that, call of duty prestige editions always keep a decent value. I have never gotten the mw2 or black ops prestige editions as I thought the price would drop on them in the future, but they still keep a solid $100![/QUOTE]

Just bc u never saw them go lower then that, doesnt mean they never did. Flame me all you like...but I picked up nearly 30 of the blops prestige sets. Picked up several from targets in the area when they were on clearance for $75 and later returned/rebought them all when they hit 37.50. At bestbuy they were clearanced out in store for $30-40 (i dont remeber to be honest) and then later clearanced out on their website for $15, (which is where i picked up the majority of my sets). I wouldn't be surprised if others could name a few other times these hit clearance prices at other places as well.

Definitely don't wait around for these same or other clearance price though if you really want the set, bc there's no guarantee it will happen.

heck, just remembered I still have a stack of like 15 of the medals that was included that I never got around to selling on ebay, and a few of the the amazon exclusive laser cell as well for the few sets i picked up from them.

[quote name='GBAstar']It was; I preordered it when this thread was created.

Edit: Not sure what you're talking about but it is available for preorder right now (I just checked). Use the link in the first post.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I initially went directly through amazon and it said it was unavailable on the Xbox. The link in the first post works though.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wait- so do you get Nuketown Zombies for pre-ordering the standard edition or not?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like you do.

[quote name='jdb230']Just bc u never saw them go lower then that, doesnt mean they never did. Flame me all you like...but I picked up nearly 30 of the blops prestige sets. Picked up several from targets in the area when they were on clearance for $75 and later returned/rebought them all when they hit 37.50. At bestbuy they were clearanced out in store for $30-40 (i dont remeber to be honest) and then later clearanced out on their website for $15, (which is where i picked up the majority of my sets). I wouldn't be surprised if others could name a few other times these hit clearance prices at other places as well.

Definitely don't wait around for these same or other clearance price though if you really want the set, bc there's no guarantee it will happen.

heck, just remembered I still have a stack of like 15 of the medals that was included that I never got around to selling on ebay, and a few of the the amazon exclusive laser cell as well for the few sets i picked up from them.[/QUOTE]

I'm always fascinated when someone takes their personal experience finding amazing deals and attempts to persuade others that it's anything but YMMV. I suspect part of it is that you and the others posting similar things really aren't that confident and hope on some level to convince others not to pre-order or buy at release so there will be a lot of them left over. I'm someone who visits CAG multiple times a day and goes to retailers like Best Buy, Target and Toys R Us almost daily to look for video games. I can tell you for certain that I wanted the collector's edition with the RC car for a long time and I never saw it for less than $100 and probably thanks to you and dozens of other flippers, I never could get a copy at $15 or even $30. Heck, I would have been happy with $50-$75, but that never happened either.

While I personally believe the Care Package is overpriced and I personally won't be ordering one, I think it's foolish to assume it will be readily available or significantly cheaper, especially given how early they are opening pre-orders and given that very few retailers are likely to order extra copies of something this bulky and heavy. Could they massively overproduce it like so many other collector's editions? Maybe, but I suspect as the recent CE sell-outs have shown on Witcher 2, Borderlands 2 and many others that publishers are getting smarter about how many copies they press. So, maybe you will be able to get this someday for $15, but it's not guaranteed and frankly, you may never be able to get it for below MSRP.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So looks like only way to get Nuketown Zombies is Hardened or Care Package? I hope they sell it as DLC at least.[/QUOTE]

As a hardcore Zombies mode regular, I feel like I can weigh in on this.

I don't think this round of the new Black Ops CE will be as valuable as the last one. The old classic zombie maps were always the best and Treyarch hasn't made any good new zombie maps in a long time. It seemed like after the "Kino" and "Ascension" map packs were released things just got worse and worse. 4 player coordination to unlock the Pack-a-Punch on "Shangra La"? Uh, no thank you Treyarch.

The last Blops CE became super valuable because Treyarch really did make the Zombies DLC limited while the content itself was highly sought after. It wasn't until nearly 10 months after the Blops release date that Treyarch released the classic maps for public sale. Hardcore Zombie players went batshit over them because there was no other way to get the maps. This became a collectible item easily because the classic maps were the best (and still are) and the developers held up their end of the bargain and kept the maps super exclusive.

I'm skeptical the Nuketown Zombie map will be as good. It's only one map this time around instead of four. If either one is going to get clearanced nationwide, I'd bet on the Care Package being the more accessible clearance find than the Hardened Edition. But I'm a Zombie diehard fan so Activision is going to take my money either way :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']I'm always fascinated when someone takes their personal experience finding amazing deals and attempts to persuade others that it's anything but YMMV. I suspect part of it is that you and the others posting similar things really aren't that confident and hope on some level to convince others not to pre-order or buy at release so there will be a lot of them left over. I'm someone who visits CAG multiple times a day and goes to retailers like Best Buy, Target and Toys R Us almost daily to look for video games. I can tell you for certain that I wanted the collector's edition with the RC car for a long time and I never saw it for less than $100 and probably thanks to you and dozens of other flippers, I never could get a copy at $15 or even $30. Heck, I would have been happy with $50-$75, but that never happened either.

While I personally believe the Care Package is overpriced and I personally won't be ordering one, I think it's foolish to assume it will be readily available or significantly cheaper, especially given how early they are opening pre-orders and given that very few retailers are likely to order extra copies of something this bulky and heavy. Could they massively overproduce it like so many other collector's editions? Maybe, but I suspect as the recent CE sell-outs have shown on Witcher 2, Borderlands 2 and many others that publishers are getting smarter about how many copies they press. So, maybe you will be able to get this someday for $15, but it's not guaranteed and frankly, you may never be able to get it for below MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I know its stupid how far people would go to save a few hundred dollars, too much of a hassle really. I would have loved a Black Ops RC just for my collection, yet you see that scum take them all.

[quote name='aircobra']Doesn't look like you do.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I hope they change their minds on that, or at least release some information regarding its availability outside the special editions. I don't want to get locked out of that content for good just because I decided to stick with my Newegg pre-order.

[quote name='TooPoor']I'm going to preorder one and fly that thing in my back yard. Maybe mod a camera onto it?[/QUOTE]

Just tie your Black Ops RC-XD to the bottom. No mods needed!

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Wow, I hope they change their minds on that, or at least release some information regarding its availability outside the special editions. I don't want to get locked out of that content for good just because I decided to stick with my Newegg pre-order.

Just tie your Black Ops RC-XD to the bottom. No mods needed![/QUOTE]
If it has enough power to lift it that would actually be pretty cool, it's like some drop ship action.

If you think this 'exclusive dlc' is gonna be actually exclusive, your dead wrong.

They will release it later, at cost.

Cause why the fuck not?

[quote name='ShadowSx']If you think this 'exclusive dlc' is gonna be actually exclusive, your dead wrong.

They will release it later, at cost.

Cause why the fuck not?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if the Zombies DLC that came with the last Hardened/Prestige editions was ever released for separate purchase but I have seen them on ebay for over $100.

[quote name='thetruth1983']I don't know if the Zombies DLC that came with the last Hardened/Prestige editions was ever released for separate purchase but I have seen them on ebay for over $100.[/QUOTE]

When I redeemed my code, it was for the zombie map pack for blops 1

[quote name='thetruth1983']I don't know if the Zombies DLC that came with the last Hardened/Prestige editions was ever released for separate purchase but I have seen them on ebay for over $100.[/QUOTE]

It was, and it came with a new map (Moon) for extra incentive. However, I think the people who redeemed a code for the original maps got Moon for free when it came out. Seriously though, it was a LONG time before they released the pack to buy.

Yeah it was released for separate purchase. The last map pack had them in it.

The care package edition would be worth it if they included the elite subscription. At $179 it's really overpriced even for someone who plays CoD regularly. Pretty soon their prestige edition will be $199.99.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm always fascinated when someone takes their personal experience finding amazing deals and attempts to persuade others that it's anything but YMMV. I suspect part of it is that you and the others posting similar things really aren't that confident and hope on some level to convince others not to pre-order or buy at release so there will be a lot of them left over. I'm someone who visits CAG multiple times a day and goes to retailers like Best Buy, Target and Toys R Us almost daily to look for video games. I can tell you for certain that I wanted the collector's edition with the RC car for a long time and I never saw it for less than $100 and probably thanks to you and dozens of other flippers, I never could get a copy at $15 or even $30. Heck, I would have been happy with $50-$75, but that never happened either.

While I personally believe the Care Package is overpriced and I personally won't be ordering one, I think it's foolish to assume it will be readily available or significantly cheaper, especially given how early they are opening pre-orders and given that very few retailers are likely to order extra copies of something this bulky and heavy. Could they massively overproduce it like so many other collector's editions? Maybe, but I suspect as the recent CE sell-outs have shown on Witcher 2, Borderlands 2 and many others that publishers are getting smarter about how many copies they press. So, maybe you will be able to get this someday for $15, but it's not guaranteed and frankly, you may never be able to get it for below MSRP.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to persuade u not to pre-order or purchase this item. In fact i even stated there was no guarantee this would see a similar clearance drop, so if you wanted it to get it. and seriously... "thanks to you and other flippers".....this set was out nearly 6 months before the clearance prices I was able to pick up mine for. You had more then enough chances to pick one up (and still can)....not my fault you never decided to purchase one.

[quote name='Trojann']I know its stupid how far people would go to save a few hundred dollars, too much of a hassle really. I would have loved a Black Ops RC just for my collection, yet you see that scum take them all.[/QUOTE]

Yes, activision ONLY produced about 30 of these, and I HAVE THEM ALL!!!

all mine, and i'm not going to share.

fyi, check ebay, those cars go between $30-50 (including shipping some times) so if you "really want one" that would be a much better opportunity for you then if I didn't take "all 30 that activision made" and they would still be sitting in retail store for $150 like you think they would be as they "never drop in price".

Ok people, with the Borderlands Ultimate Loot Chest being as rare as it is, I'm not going to take my chances. With all the 12 year olds that will want their moms to get this for them for Christmas...

And I can always drop the pre-order later on. In for 1 Care Package and 1 Hardened!

Anyone have any clue what the challenge coins are for (other than 'collectible') because the official video kept referring to them as a 'your key to digital content?'

[quote name='GBAstar']oh lord.. either your hate is showing or you have a short memory. This will be one of the most anticpated COD games yet. Black Ops has just as big if not more active community that MW3 currently does.

If the DLC is exclusive to the CE's (hardened/care package) they will go for $50 - $100 easily. You should have no problem parting these out to make your money back---even at MSRP. That can't be said for many CE's.

Activision is doing something right when it comes to the collectors editions of the COD franchise. I haven't seen any sitting on store shelves in all my travels and I spend a lot of time in retail stores. Last CE I saw sitting on a shelf was COD: WAW (360) and it was the version that containd the canteen.[/QUOTE]

Not really any hate for COD, but $180 for a video game (actually if you're spending $180 you know damn well that you are actually spending $230 for elite also) is nuts. That remote control drone for $100, in my opinion of course, is not "money well spent" and most seem to agree. And if the DLC does sell for $50-$100 as you mentioned those also come in the $80 hardened edition, so if anything THAT would be money well spent if you were actually going to sell them.

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']Anyone have any clue what the challenge coins are for (other than 'collectible') because the official video kept referring to them as a 'your key to digital content?'[/QUOTE]
They've got the codes for the digital content engraved on them I think it said.

$180? LOL Ain't gonna happen. I'd rather buy the game by its self and buy the helicopter from the mall for $20. About all its worth anyway.

[quote name='fiddycan']Ok people, with the Borderlands Ultimate Loot Chest being as rare as it is, I'm not going to take my chances. With all the 12 year olds that will want their moms to get this for them for Christmas...

And I can always drop the pre-order later on. In for 1 Care Package and 1 Hardened![/QUOTE]

This will go nowhere near as rare as the ULC.

Lol $180 stores by me still have the black ops rc cars. Just like every shooter ce these will be overproduced and clearanced out

203665.jpg

[quote name='Murderstorm']Lol $180 stores by me still have the black ops rc cars. Just like every shooter ce these will be overproduced and clearanced out[/QUOTE]

Except Borderlands 2, of course. ;)

[quote name='ShockandAww']They've got the codes for the digital content engraved on them I think it said.[/QUOTE]

It's not that specific is it?

[quote name='Althax']It's not that specific is it?[/QUOTE]

Yup it is, just like the Adam Fenix codes from the Gears 3 LE/EE. From the way they bantered it sounds like it will be one code that you redeem on a website to get all the digital content.

Crap, I was holding out hope that they would be codes for multiplayer map packs. Guess it's vanilla for me.

i have a question for amazon prime members. mine just expired on sunday.

if you preorder the care package edition, is there an option to have it dropped off by plane at your house on release day? lawl

[quote name='Althax']Crap, I was holding out hope that they would be codes for multiplayer map packs. Guess it's vanilla for me.[/QUOTE]

If there were going to be maps or elite included in these things, they'd have said as much by now. No point in them being coy about this. I'm thinking elite this year will be a straight season pass this year. $50 for 4 $15 map packs. Elite seemed to be the brainchild of the ghost iw/sledgehammer/raven think tank, and much like the game itself, it flopped.

I'm waiting for the hardened edition to be available at target, so i can use this gift card towards it.

[quote name='ShadyAve']I'm waiting for the hardened edition to be available at target, so i can use this gift card towards it.[/QUOTE]

This, + my discount

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']when hardened was 99 making elite and steelbook only 40 more it wasnt bad at all[/QUOTE]

Yup.

I pre ordered a hardened edition just in case but I have no problem switching to the regular version. It will save me getting zombie map packs that I will likely never play.

[quote name='RawrrSlayer']This, + my discount[/QUOTE]
I plan on using my $10 dollar gift card from target and selling most of the extras on ebay.

was going to get this from gamestop because its really the only thing close to me and then the gamestop asst. mgr told me that as of today. ANY preorder over 65 $ requires a minimum 25 $ deposit i told him WTF man.

amazon you just won my business. i preordered the hardend edition

i can see a 25 min deposit on the care package edition but a $25 min on the 79.99 edition is kinda messed to me

bread's done
Back