Black Ops 2 Care Package & Hardened Edition Pre-Order $179.99/$79.99 Amazon

[quote name='fiddycan']I was at GameStop today and the guy said they weren't gonna take pre-orders for the Care Package after today. Just sayin'![/QUOTE]

I got the same thing. Yesterday was the last day to order these from my local Gamestops.

[quote name='finstersucks']probably to lock their orders in to Activision without overbuying. Looks like Gamestop doesn't want these sitting around. Oh well, send more to best buy's warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, they don't want to be stuck with a ton like Skyrim and keep lowering the price until it hits $50.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Sweet, what a DEAL.[/QUOTE]

This.

Cheapy, for the love of God can we please get a separate forum for MSRP pre-orders.

Pre-ordered Hardened for PS3 about 30 minutes after it went live on Bestbuy.com for in store pick up. Thanks to CAG members for letting me so I could actually get a copy of the hardened this year.

Care package edition removed from gamestop.com as well, kind of early don't you think to stop taking pre-orders on probably the highest selling game this fall.

Just checked and amazon has removed the care package ps3 version as well. Might be a cut off date by activision

[quote name='hobbie8046']This.

Cheapy, for the love of God can we please get a separate forum for MSRP pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

I have said this on multiple MSRP Preorder posts and usually get some bullshit about how this is a deal since it is limited or how CAGs need to be informed about these LEs and how I am douche and should shut the fuck up and dont read these posts.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Care package edition removed from gamestop.com as well, kind of early don't you think to stop taking pre-orders on probably the highest selling game this fall.[/QUOTE]
I have a feeling Halo 4 will do better this fall.

[quote name='htz']I have a feeling Halo 4 will do better this fall.[/QUOTE]

You think halo 4 will outsell black ops II despite halo 4 being exclusive to xbox 360?

two words: Fan boi

[quote name='sasukekun']Ya, today was the last day to pre-order care package (prestige) edition. Saw it in the emails today.[/QUOTE]

I don't get the 24 hour notice emails. I think they should be at least a few days out. Those notices just seem to abrupt. By the time even CAG folks catch wind of it, it's usually too late to preorder at GS.

[quote name='GBAstar']You think halo 4 will outsell black ops II despite halo 4 being exclusive to xbox 360?

two words: Fan boi[/QUOTE]
Combined from all platforms of course not. I'm just guessing halo 4 might do better on the 360. A true numbered halo doesn't come around every year, and they have 343 this time to bring something new. Along with Microsoft's crazy expensive marketing push it should do as well as black ops 2 or better on the 360.

I'm not a fanboy to any brand or product. Even Activision has cited that WoW and COD sales are lower compared to last year(So its not odd to assume Halo 4 might do better on the 360). The company's current finances are bolstered thanks to Diablo 3 and Skylanders.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Care package edition removed from gamestop.com as well, kind of early don't you think to stop taking pre-orders on probably the highest selling game this fall.

Just checked and amazon has removed the care package ps3 version as well. Might be a cut off date by activision[/QUOTE]

I think it was because me and one of my friends went to gamestop to transfer my care package preorder from one gamestop to another, and they said gamestop said they cannot sell anymore care package editions so my best guess is a deadline

needs less toys and moar dlc. im sorry but CoD has the worst collectors editions ever. The container looks kinda cool, would be nice to get the dlc and maybe a nazi zombie statue or something, then i would be in. a flimsy RC helicopter? night vision goggles? rc cars? lol. A collection of power soda bottles like juggernog and what not.

maybe im ungrateful but i was hoping for more.

[quote name='htz']Combined from all platforms of course not. I'm just guessing halo 4 might do better on the 360. A true numbered halo doesn't come around every year, and they have 343 this time to bring something new. Along with Microsoft's crazy expensive marketing push it should do as well as black ops 2 or better on the 360.

I'm not a fanboy to any brand or product. Even Activision has cited that WoW and COD sales are lower compared to last year(So its not odd to assume Halo 4 might do better on the 360). The company's current finances are bolstered thanks to Diablo 3 and Skylanders.[/QUOTE]

I'd say Halo 4 would have a chance if it was MW4 but it's Blops 2 so no. MW3 was a real clunker. I think a lot of gamers would agree that Blops was one of the better CODs (and the sales agree), maybe top 1 or 2 only to COD4. Blops 2 seems to be adding positive, interesting changes to the COD formula and it'll get a boon by being the direct sequel. And dem zombies. Does the mainstream Halo fan even care/know if this game is numbered or the dev changed? (inquisitive, not combative)

[quote name='htz']Combined from all platforms of course not. I'm just guessing halo 4 might do better on the 360. A true numbered halo doesn't come around every year, and they have 343 this time to bring something new. Along with Microsoft's crazy expensive marketing push it should do as well as black ops 2 or better on the 360.

I'm not a fanboy to any brand or product. Even Activision has cited that WoW and COD sales are lower compared to last year(So its not odd to assume Halo 4 might do better on the 360). The company's current finances are bolstered thanks to Diablo 3 and Skylanders.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, we live in a Cod World. I don't even know a single person who plays Halo regurarly or even excited about Halo 4. The only thing going for them is the release date one week ahead of Black Ops, and i bet almost 1/4 of them will be flipped into gamestop or best buy the week after. Call of Duty is just another animal, 1 in every 4 people call in sick or schedule vacation for its release. The release just gets bigger and bigger each year.

When Halo Reach came out in 2010 it was the 3rd best selling game of the year while Call of Duty Black Ops was number one. It'll be interesting this year now that the games will be one week apart which will cause them to eat into each other's sales. Halo comes out first though but Call of Duty benefits from being on the Xbox, PS3 and PC. So it'll be interesting but I'd bet on CoD winning again.

[quote name='209chromatic']Don't know how accurate it is but some pre order numbers. http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='StryderOmega']According to that chart DoA 5 x360 is ranked below Who Wants to be a Millionaire: 1st edition for Wii.

I call Blasphemy[/QUOTE]

I think VGChartz just takes numbers out of official press releases. Anything else is a guess.

Anyone know if COD elite for BO2 will include the nuke town zombies map because that is the only reason I'm preordering the hardened edit. if so then I'll stick to the regular edition

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Anyone know if COD elite for BO2 will include the nuke town zombies map because that is the only reason I'm preordering the hardened edit. if so then I'll stick to the regular edition[/QUOTE]

There is no public indication of what Elite will actually be with BO2. For that matter, no one knows if it will even be back. Treyarch said they wanted to do DLC packages, not drops a la MW3.

[quote name='kellte2']There is no public indication of what Elite will actually be with BO2. For that matter, no one knows if it will even be back. Treyarch said they wanted to do DLC packages, not drops a la MW3.[/QUOTE]

Please for the love of god, let this be true. fuck elite. Now if these map packs are as good as BO were, then $15 a pop wont be a waste of money. While I did pay $60 (A brand new game) in BO dlc, I got 40+ hours out of just zombies. I say thats money fairly spent.

[quote name='kellte2']There is no public indication of what Elite will actually be with BO2. For that matter, no one knows if it will even be back. Treyarch said they wanted to do DLC packages, not drops a la MW3.[/QUOTE]

Oh well When I went to GameStop yesterday to put some cash down for the hardened edition, they asked me if I wanted to put down money on COD elite 2.0 and I asked her if the zombie map was gonna be included in elite but she said no it will only be for people who pre order the hardened or prestige. I think she's Confused but I cant find any info saying otherwise. Does GameStop know things others don't?

I only want this years elite for the zombie maps since that's all I'll really be playing BO2 for

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Oh well When I went to GameStop yesterday to put some cash down for the hardened edition, they asked me if I wanted to put down money on COD elite 2.0 and I asked her if the zombie map was gonna be included in elite but she said no it will only be for people who pre order the hardened or prestige. I think she's Confused but I cant find any info saying otherwise. Does GameStop know things others don't?

I only want this years elite for the zombie maps since that's all I'll really be playing BO2 for[/QUOTE]

The community manager for Treyarch, David Vonderhaar, tweeted that information on Elite would be released later. No one has any idea what it will be. If Black Ops was any indication, Elite is going to need to be more than a glorified stats app, as that was all built directly into Black Ops. We will see. That said, Nuketown Zombies seems exclusive to the premium editions of BO2...for now.

bread's done
Back