Black Ops 2 Care Package & Hardened Edition Pre-Order $179.99/$79.99 Amazon

[quote name='Royal High Knight']SO let me get this straight. If you preorder the hardened edition, your going to get 2 codes for Nuketown 2025? 1 for preordering, and 1 from the edition?[/QUOTE]

Nuketown 2025 comes with every copy from the first batch to go to stores. It's not a pre-order bonus, regardless of what GS (its one of the "waves" of bonuses) tells you.

Pre-ordered the care package one at BB just for the hell of it. For some reason the hardened was only coming up for PS3 at the kiosk.

[quote name='teknobeavr']was going to get this from gamestop because its really the only thing close to me and then the gamestop asst. mgr told me that as of today. ANY preorder over 65 $ requires a minimum 25 $ deposit i told him WTF man.

amazon you just won my business. i preordered the hardend edition

i can see a 25 min deposit on the care package edition but a $25 min on the 79.99 edition is kinda messed to me[/QUOTE]

What? $25 isn't an egregious amount for a CE deposit. It deters (in the absolute, absolute slightest) people from placing CE orders and then forgetting or cancelling later on, leaving the store with excess stock that they'll most likely be stuck with until they clearance it out (Uncharted 3 CE as the most recent example).

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']Anyone have any clue what the challenge coins are for (other than 'collectible') because the official video kept referring to them as a 'your key to digital content?'[/QUOTE]

a code is etched into the coin

MW2 and BLOPs CEs hit $15 on Best Buy's website, and that's when I got them. Granted, you had to be an avid cheap ass as the window to buy them at that price was only a few hours long.

[quote name='Antipodes']MW2 and BLOPs CEs hit $15 on Best Buy's website, and that's when I got them. Granted, you had to be an avid cheap ass as the window to buy them at that price was only a few hours long.[/QUOTE]

It Did?Where was I at

[quote name='panda911']What? $25 isn't an egregious amount for a CE deposit. It deters (in the absolute, absolute slightest) people from placing CE orders and then forgetting or cancelling later on, leaving the store with excess stock that they'll most likely be stuck with until they clearance it out (Uncharted 3 CE as the most recent example).[/QUOTE]

i understand that for the care package edition but for something like wow's mists of pandaria which is ce is 69 . the hardened edition of bo 2 at 79 .. even the gs people think thats pretty wacked

it used to be a 10 min. at the 75 - 100 level not its just a straight 25 .

i understand the need for a limit where the 25 makes sense. but it used to be at 100 anything over that incurred the higher minimum

but now the limit is at 62.99 before you incur the 25 min.

[quote name='209chromatic']Thanks for the links. 13 months for mw2 and 8 months for blops, I think I can wait.[/QUOTE]

^ Take a calender and see when MW2 released. Then realize that sale was at the end of 2011---therefore it had been out over two years.

Second both of those were to rid the BB warehouses of unaccounted for inventory.. they weren't gradual drops.

Combine that with the fact that they lasted less then a few hours you better plan on spending more time on your computer in the next year then you do gaming if you want to replicate the deal for BO2

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Take a calender and see when MW2 released. Then realize that sale was at the end of 2011---therefore it had been out over two years.

Second both of those were to rid the BB warehouses of unaccounted for inventory.. they weren't gradual drops.

Combine that with the fact that they lasted less then a few hours you better plan on spending more time on your computer in the next year then you do gaming if you want to replicate the deal for BO2[/QUOTE]

Thought mw2 released 2010, no need for a calendar.

[quote name='209chromatic']Thought mw2 released 2010, no need for a calendar.[/QUOTE]

MW2 released in November 2009, Black Ops (1) Released in November 2010

[quote name='GBAstar']^ Take a calender and see when MW2 released. Then realize that sale was at the end of 2011---therefore it had been out over two years.

Combine that with the fact that they lasted less then a few hours you better plan on spending more time on your computer in the next year then you do gaming if you want to replicate the deal for BO2[/QUOTE]

Get some ice for this man!

[quote name='teknobeavr']i understand that for the care package edition but for something like wow's mists of pandaria which is ce is 69 . the hardened edition of bo 2 at 79 .. even the gs people think thats pretty wacked

it used to be a 10 min. at the 75 - 100 level not its just a straight 25 .

i understand the need for a limit where the 25 makes sense. but it used to be at 100 anything over that incurred the higher minimum

but now the limit is at 62.99 before you incur the 25 min.[/QUOTE]

I see your point but I think this is a policy GS gets right. It's both business-friendly and more importantly consumer-friendly. GS theoretically keeps CE preorder numbers closer to actuality and customers theoretically get to preorder CEs they really want as opposed to someone just throwing down 5 or 10 bucks on any CE they may slightly want. That extra $20 may make them bristle, such as with yourself in this case.

If i pre order the hardened edition at amazon do they credit my account the moment i place the order or do they wait til the release date? Also can i cancel it when ever i want?

[quote name='ShadyAve']If i pre order the hardened edition at amazon do they credit my account the moment i place the order or do they wait til the release date? Also can i cancel it when ever i want?[/QUOTE]

I dont get what you mean about crediting your account. If you meant charge, no they charge when it ships. And yes, you can cancel any time.

I might be all over the care package edition if it came on the PC. No PC means no buy for me. I will hold off till I hear more about the servers.

that care package is pretty cool looking, but i'm not gonna drop $180 on it. I preordered the Hardened Edition at BB so I could get the steelbook (and use some $10 pickup coupons I had). Just can't see the justification in spending $100 on a plastic trunk and a remote control helicopter.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont get what you mean about crediting your account. If you meant charge, no they charge when it ships. And yes, you can cancel any time.[/QUOTE]
Sorry my head was elsewhere:roll: I meant to say Debit my account.

[quote name='ShadyAve']Sorry my head was elsewhere:roll: I meant to say Debit my account.[/QUOTE]
If you use amazon gift card credit, they take it when you place the order, otherwise you will not be charged until it ships.

I hope the Nuketown 2025 map is available to buy separately... Anybody know for sure? I've gotten the game about a week early on average the last few years, but of course it doesn't come with the goodies.

[quote name='transamdude95']I hope the Nuketown 2025 map is available to buy separately... Anybody know for sure? I've gotten the game about a week early on average the last few years, but of course it doesn't come with the goodies.[/QUOTE]
They never say. For the first BLOPS the Hardened DLC (original Zombie maps) became available in a map pack later. Seems like it took 9 months to a year though.

[quote name='KENFL0']Is the hardened edition available for preorder at Bestbuy yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, preordered one for Xbox yesterday.

Best Buy does a "charge pending" to your card if you decide to pre order something. So technically they charge from the start. Does amazon do this too?

[quote name='ShadyAve']Best Buy does a "charge pending" to your card if you decide to pre order something. So technically they charge from the start. Does amazon do this too?[/QUOTE]

No.

Damn I want the Nuketown zombies map so looks like i'll have to bite on the Hardened. Assuming they are all individual codes i'll just sell everything else on Ebay. Ditto the steelbook, all I care about is the disc.

Edit: Double confirm, Amazon doesn't charge a penny till it releases.

[quote name='mrclutch']For the first BLOPS the Hardened DLC (original Zombie maps) became available in a map pack later. Seems like it took 9 months to a year though.[/QUOTE]
I keep seeing this on this site, and I don't know why, because it's wrong. The four W@W maps were available immediately. This is where it gets tricky: Once the last map pack for the game came out (which was the four W@W maps plus an additional one), Hardened customers were able to redownload their original content, and it became the last map pack. Essentially, we got all five for free. There was no waiting for my maps; there was waiting for my friends with the standard edition to get theirs. ...And THAT sucked.

[quote name='Zurcamos']I keep seeing this on this site, and I don't know why, because it's wrong. The four W@W maps were available immediately. This is where it gets tricky: Once the last map pack for the game came out (which was the four W@W maps plus an additional one), Hardened customers were able to redownload their original content, and it became the last map pack. Essentially, we got all five for free. There was no waiting for my maps; there was waiting for my friends with the standard edition to get theirs. ...And THAT sucked.[/QUOTE]

I get what you mean cuz you are right, but he is right too. He meant that the hardened dlc, being the four maps from waw, became available for everyone like in august of last year, despite it being hardened exclusive from the start

[quote name='x360x']I get what you mean cuz you are right, but he is right too. He meant that the hardened dlc, being the four maps from waw, became available for everyone like in august of last year, despite it being hardened exclusive from the start[/QUOTE]

Yes that is what I meant. Sorry if there was any confusion.:)

Preordered Hardened edition at Gamestop. (Got a giftcard recently) Gamestop charges $25 for preorder of either edition (i was told.) There is some sort of preorder bonus that is going to be revealed before the release date.

Went ahead and pre ordered both to lock them in.

I like AMZ as they don't charge till the items ship. I may just cancel the Care Package later on but I'll hold on to it for now.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Preordered Hardened edition at Gamestop. (Got a giftcard recently) Gamestop charges $25 for preorder of either edition (i was told.) There is some sort of preorder bonus that is going to be revealed before the release date.[/QUOTE]

It changed from $10 to $25 a while back. Too many people were canceling on the CE's and GS got tired of it so they upped the pre order prices.

Also GS is doing I believe 4 waves of bonus for those that pre order.

The first was a poster and a prestige token for MW3

Second was the Nuketown 2025 map

Third and fourth haven't been reveled as of yet.

Yeah, the 3rd wave is your choice of: An 360 avatar/ Psn theme, a chance to visit treyarch and get some stuff, and a (better?) chance to win a gaming headset. I went with the latter.

[quote name='Flappycack']Yes, preordered one for Xbox yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks I'll go upgrade my Bo2 regular Ed to the hardended ed. I wish it came with elite though

[quote name='fiddycan']I was at GameStop today and the guy said they weren't gonna take pre-orders for the Care Package after today. Just sayin'![/QUOTE]

Yeah I was told today was the last day too.. at least for in-store preorders @ gamestop.

Was also told this only applies to the "Care Package" edition so you can most likely still preorder the hardened edition.

I don't think this is going to be a typical AAA overproduced CE like KZ3, Halo: Reach, Gears 3, etc.

I know many are predicting it to be but their assumption doesn't follow logic or past COD trends.

[quote name='fiddycan']I was at GameStop today and the guy said they weren't gonna take pre-orders for the Care Package after today. Just sayin'![/QUOTE]
Lock a Amazon one then, just in case...

Ya, today was the last day to pre-order care package (prestige) edition. Saw it in the emails today.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Looks like my Care Package preorder goes to Best Buy then. Why stop it on a Tuesday?[/QUOTE]

probably to lock their orders in to Activision without overbuying. Looks like Gamestop doesn't want these sitting around. Oh well, send more to best buy's warehouse.

bread's done
Back