Black Ops CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @7PST/10EST

[quote name='pogipinoy27']hito and snake rated waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too high[/QUOTE]
If it makes you feel any better, you will always be number #1 Nub in my book. Besides, Snake is a nuke stealer, Hito is a ninja pirate camping priest and I hacked myself to "Advanced" status.

Sup guiseee. If we make a clan, i would definitely be a regular. Since being in college with free time, I will be able to play quite a bit instead of studying!

PSN ID: Banditoh
Intermediate/advanced
will be only any time of the week. Pacific.
Got a mic.

Good times

Will be adding some people. Looking for some caggers to play with!

[quote name='jax2001']I'll take
JFK

Couldn't resist...amazon has the PS3 hardened edition back in stock so I ordered that. Still planning on picking up a standard version tomorrow morning from Kmart.[/QUOTE]

I wish Kmart had midnight releases.

CAG ID - aleraiders PSN ID - aleraiders
Experience: Intermediate
Availablity: Depends on work schedule
Timezone: PST
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: Hates MW2 for the simple fact i shoot people first (half my clip), and when i watch the killcam i never fired a shot

Grabbed my hardened edition today. The 4x exclusive zombie maps are sharable, should be because they are a PSN Code.

Name: Dyeknom
Days on: Whenever.
Skill level: OVER 9000!

I did get to call in my first set of dogs tonight. They gave me 9-10 kills, it was hilarious watching them jump and eat people.

Chan69 = likwit69
Experience: Beginner
Availability: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights) starting at 10 pm MST
Timezone: MST
Additional Info: I have to get used to playing call of duty again, after a long time of not playing it

monkeyd:

sorry I couldn't join last night. at first I couldn't join your lobby, then, once I did, I got booted before the match started.

gimma a holla if you wanna set up a map gameshare, I could only get the standard...frownyface

PSN = Fewychewy
Experience: Somewhere in the middle.
Availability: When the GF isn't home
Timezone: Central

I wasn't able to secure a copy of the Hardened edition. Meh. Very upset about that but that's for another day. I'll be on after walking the pooch so figure about 11 am EST.

look forward to seeing you all on dyeknom langdon and i, partied up for a little bit but there were some deff. issuses with parties last night evrytime we moved on to the next game it seems like it would tell us your party is no longer valid so we would have to regroup after almost every match.

I was that host. :)

Mad, I dont know if you guys crashed as well, but I had to do a reboot on my system . It just says "score limit reached 4790588" lol

[quote name='Mad39er']Okay WTF. Black Ops is still Peer to Peer? I just did a TDM with a shitty host. WTF.[/QUOTE]

WoW that blows. So much for the "dedicated" servers. I have plenty of words going through my head....none of them I should repeat here or in front of my 4 year old.

I *might* be on tonight....no promises....I have the 4 year old all night.

[quote name='jmbreci']WoW that blows. So much for the "dedicated" servers. I have plenty of words going through my head....none of them I should repeat here or in front of my 4 year old.

I *might* be on tonight....no promises....I have the 4 year old all night.[/QUOTE]
Unless somehow they steal the IW engine from MW2, graphically this game is complete and utter shit. Multiplayer encourages camping and there is no dedicated servers. This almost as bad as Medal of Honor's multiplayer.

Got a regular version at TRU this morning and my hardened copy from Amazon is doing circles around the country.

MP doesn't seem great but I'm only basing that on about an hour of play. Campaign seems good...did the first two lvls. Still looking forward to Zombies.

[quote name='Mad39er']Unless somehow they steal the IW engine from MW2, graphically this game is complete and utter shit. Multiplayer encourages camping and there is no dedicated servers. This almost as bad as Medal of Honor's multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

meanwhile Kotick is laughing all the way to the bank.

Seriously is this game as good as advertised?

No fred, the multiplayer is NOT as good as advertised.

I have high hopes for the single player to justify my hardened edition purchase.

Sounds like some of you guys are on the fence. But you all loved MW2 for the longest time, and this is like a 180 from that game. Maybe its just taking time to adjust right now?

Oh, I'm adjusted just fine. I just do not like it at all, just like I stopped liking CoD4's multiplayer as a result of the mass amount of grenade spam.

Things I like: Invite system, unlock system (though stuff costs way too much and never mentioned you have to purchase PRO perks too), levels are pretty balanced, no more warp-knifes, fire damage + new perks (REVIVES!).

Things I dislike: P2P servers result in stupid amounts of lag, random spawn points are absurd, When the lobby closes the party must reform, Ugly map design, damage is a bit off, INSANE amount of camping.

[quote name='dyeknom']Oh, I'm adjusted just fine. I just do not like it at all, just like I stopped liking CoD4's multiplayer as a result of the mass amount of grenade spam.

Things I like: Invite system, unlock system (though stuff costs way too much and never mentioned you have to purchase PRO perks too), levels are pretty balanced, no more warp-knifes, fire damage + new perks (REVIVES!).

Things I dislike: P2P servers result in stupid amounts of lag, random spawn points are absurd, When the lobby closes the party must reform, Ugly map design, damage is a bit off, INSANE amount of camping.[/QUOTE]

Don't like P2P servers, because a big thing was supposed to be Ded. Servers, which appears to just be on PC (which I don't get because PS3/360 gamers fill up the majority of the buyers, correct?).

The camping I understand though because people are still getting a feel of the maps. It takes a good amount of time to be comfortable enough to run and gun without getting lost or putting yourself in stupid spots.

Well I picked up Black Ops at TRU today, but it's a Xmas present so I won't be joining the fun until after Xmas. I'll be playing MW2 until then I guess. :(

[quote name='cheapfrag']Well I picked up Black Ops at TRU today, but it's a Xmas present so I won't be joining the fun until after Xmas. I'll be playing MW2 until then I guess. :([/QUOTE]

An Xmas present to yourself? Or did you get it for somebody else but will play their copy? :rofl:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']An Xmas present to yourself? Or did you get it for somebody else but will play their copy? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Essentially, yes. I buy my video games (because I know what I want and like to find deals to get them cheap) and give them to the wife who wraps them up and puts them under the tree for me.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Essentially, yes. I buy my video games (because I know what I want and like to find deals to get them cheap) and give them to the wife who wraps them up and puts them under the tree for me.[/QUOTE]

for the people who think thats bad......i write down which games i want (a wish list) and she still cant get them......a few years ago i had to go to best buy and point to the dam game...still to this day...she thinks she "gave" me a present

(aleraiders gamer street cred just took a dive.....and a little of my man hood)

picked up a standard copy today at kmart. Went there at noon and there were no hardened left at all.

This game rocks so fucking hard. There is 2 PLAYER split screen multiplayer and zombies ONLINE! Played both and I had a great time. I chose this game instead of sleeping today...:drool:

[quote name='aleraiders']for the people who think thats bad......i write down which games i want (a wish list) and she still cant get them......a few years ago i had to go to best buy and point to the dam game...still to this day...she thinks she "gave" me a present

(aleraiders gamer street cred just took a dive.....and a little of my man hood)[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I love to open presents on xmas day even if I know what it is I will wait.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']meanwhile Kotick is laughing all the way to the bank.

Seriously is this game as good as advertised?[/QUOTE]
They took everything that was good about MW2 and pretty much put it through some kind of rough sanding machine and screwed every bit of the polish up.
[quote name='dyeknom']No fred, the multiplayer is NOT as good as advertised.

I have high hopes for the single player to justify my hardened edition purchase.[/QUOTE]

I have the same hopes for single player, Zombies was fun though. I will give it that for all the 6 rounds Hito and I did.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Sounds like some of you guys are on the fence. But you all loved MW2 for the longest time, and this is like a 180 from that game. Maybe its just taking time to adjust right now?[/QUOTE]
Adjusting isn't too bad, it's more the hit detection, the host selection, grenade indicators not indicating there is a grenade until you're in the killzone, noob tubes, the M16 with 3RB being the first assault rifle you're given for free which everybody proceeds to use because it's pretty much a one hit kill. I could go on but I have more quotes to reply to.
[quote name='dyeknom']Oh, I'm adjusted just fine. I just do not like it at all, just like I stopped liking CoD4's multiplayer as a result of the mass amount of grenade spam.

Things I dislike: P2P servers result in stupid amounts of lag, random spawn points are absurd, When the lobby closes the party must reform, Ugly map design, damage is a bit off, INSANE amount of camping.[/QUOTE]
The map design is terrible, they invite so much more camping per square foot of map than anything else. If you're playing Array and they camp out by the rocks, you aren't winning against them without a killstreak or two. If you're playing WMD and they camp the catwalk you aren't evicting them out of there. Nuketown looks like a 5 year old created the map for the original Rainbow Six, it's that fucking terrible. Nuketown is also smaller than Rust, how that is possible I don't have a clue.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Don't like P2P servers, because a big thing was supposed to be Ded. Servers, which appears to just be on PC (which I don't get because PS3/360 gamers fill up the majority of the buyers, correct?).

The camping I understand though because people are still getting a feel of the maps. It takes a good amount of time to be comfortable enough to run and gun without getting lost or putting yourself in stupid spots.[/QUOTE]
The difference between camping in MW2 and camping in Black Ops is that your host is probably much better in MW2, you stand a chance noob tubing a camper on the better designed maps in MW2 and you're not given the M16 as your very first assault rifle in MW2.

Won't be on until (at least) after 8pm CST....wow, awesome reviews...makes me want to watch WSOP instead even though I know who won.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Essentially, yes. I buy my video games (because I know what I want and like to find deals to get them cheap) and give them to the wife who wraps them up and puts them under the tree for me.[/QUOTE]

I guess its not much of a surprise then. :rofl: You must like unwrapping things.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I guess its not much of a surprise then. :rofl: You must like unwrapping things.[/QUOTE]

it's not the surprise... it's the anticipation. Looking forward to finally playing the game. Plus I would rather get a gift I know I want than something she thinks I want.

[quote name='cheapfrag']it's not the surprise... it's the anticipation. Looking forward to finally playing the game. Plus I would rather get a gift I know I want than something she thinks I want.[/QUOTE]

Fine by me, don't let me alter your thoughts on how to run your Xmas. :lol:

Morinphen = Morinphen88
Experience: Beginner
Availablity: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Timezone: EST

I don't know what the hell is going on with this game, but last night I tried (after I got the invite from Kaiser, I think) to join every CAG on my friends list game, and was rejected with a "server full" "game full" or "you have a newer version of the playlist (WTF!)" message. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. If I can't play with CAGs, I'm doomed.

[quote name='langdon_alger']I don't know what the hell is going on with this game, but last night I tried (after I got the invite from Kaiser, I think) to join every CAG on my friends list game, and was rejected with a "server full" "game full" or "you have a newer version of the playlist (WTF!)" message. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. If I can't play with CAGs, I'm doomed.[/QUOTE]

They definitely have some things to iron out.

I was pretty interesting to see my entire friends list playing black ops last night. Out of the 30+ people online, all were trying out the new game except for cheapfrag :cry:. Hurry up xmas.

@jax

although our Zombie match went OK, I thought. is there a way to "finish" those levels? or do you just get wave after wave after wave after wave?

[quote name='langdon_alger']I don't know what the hell is going on with this game, but last night I tried (after I got the invite from Kaiser, I think) to join every CAG on my friends list game, and was rejected with a "server full" "game full" or "you have a newer version of the playlist (WTF!)" message. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.[/QUOTE]

I found out yesterday that the newer playlist version just means that they were playing a different gametype (headquarters, demolition, etc) and you were not able to join because you were not a high enough level.

[quote name='langdon_alger']@jax

although our Zombie match went OK, I thought. is there a way to "finish" those levels? or do you just get wave after wave after wave after wave?[/QUOTE]

it never ends...I still don't have a good feel for how to play that map. I'll probably spend time finishing the campaign to unlock the other map.

1. They need better messages. 2. They need dedicated hosts 3. They need to further optimize the network protocol for the game.

Before getting in with the CAG clan last night I joined 7 games and got to finish 1 of them...got booted from the rest. Thus, only level 6 I believe....the question I have for those much higher - what are you purchasing / unlocking? My other question is are they still unlocked after you prestige or do you start over?

Dont waste your money on anything you dont plan on using throughout your prestige run. Buying stuff you dont use just wastes money and actually is detrimental to keeping you from good guns/attachments/equipment that would help you kill more/faster.

I just bought claymores, but you only get 1 per life, and you cant scavenge them (yet?). I hate how you have to do 3 challenges for a perk to unlock PRO, and then you have to buy it... geeze.

1st purchase - Ninja perk
2nd - Sleight of Hand
3rd-Claymores
4th - scope for my gun

oh, and why is it STILL that you don't get credit on the launchers for shooting down spy planes...I'll only get the xp for killing dudes with it?!? ( I know you get xp for shooting down the plane, but i want it to register on my total kills with the launcher) oh, it's under killstreak. exxxxcellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nakanenui']I just bought claymores, but you only get 1 per life, and you cant scavenge them (yet?). I hate how you have to do 3 challenges for a perk to unlock PRO, and then you have to buy it... geeze.[/QUOTE]

Scavenger Pro doesn't replenish Claymores (or any equipment), so your stuck with the one. I know it sucks though, having only one Claymore.

Yeah, I chose claymores first, not knowing you don't get them with scavenger. I think ninja style is next....then slight of hand so I can empty my clip quicker around Mad. ;)

Although I still like Marathon, however unless it is CTF I am not sure I would use that before Ninja.

Sucks the party system doesn't work in this game. I was trying to play with friends last night but it just didn't work. It would say couldn't join or party no longer available or stuff like that. Pretty lame.

I am really liking the campaign though. Possibly my favorite COD campaign...at least so far.

[quote name='whoknows']
I am really liking the campaign though. Possibly my favorite COD campaign...at least so far.[/QUOTE]
eh i dunno, i beat it and it just seems rushed. the ending is pretty lame too. not very climactic at all. i enjoyed MW2 single player a lot more.

bread's done
Back