Black Ops CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @7PST/10EST

I just like it because it's always fast paced...at least so far. MW2 was too, just not as much.

...if that makes sense haha.

So has anyone here actually been able to join a party? It's kind of frustrating that I can't.

We've had full parties as of yesterday, they just don't last outside of the lobby. Kaiser and Monkey kept getting dropped as well.

[quote name='gomikeoh']ill be on all nite, add me: banditoh

i have a mic... lets doo ittt!

caggers unite![/QUOTE]
I knew I forgot something, I was caught up in the OP with the roster but I still have to add a chunk of you guys. Friend requests going out again.

On that note, Bump For Game Night. If we end up with more people than allowed in publics, it'll more than likely end up in a private match.

luan87us = luan87us
Experience: Intermediate/Advanced
Availablity: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Timezone: MTS
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: If i'm in middle of a match I won't accept your party invite. Preferred TDM or Demolition (Hardcore and regular). Zombies is always welcome if you know what you're doing. Don't invite me to party to play objective based games (SND, CTF, etc...) unless it's a full party and people has mic.

Im constantly getting dropped, and it pops up with some terrible checkered pattern, or the game flashes the menu dull then bright. It keeps telling me "Network transmission error" and then when I do manage to join that game via friendlist.... it gives me constant freezing and lost connection (but can still hear people talking)..

Are you still getting dropped a lot too, kaiser?

loltonytony = loltonytony
Experience:Intermediate
Availablity: Sun/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Timezone: PST
Mic: No
Additional Info:Only renting now, will buy as soon as I can. (and love zombie mode )

[quote name='luan87us']luan87us = luan87us
Experience: Intermediate/Advanced
Availablity: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Timezone: MTS
Additional Info: If i'm in middle of a match I won't accept your party invite. Preferred TDM or Demolition (Hardcore and regular). Zombies is always welcome if you know what you're doing. Don't invite me to party to play objective based games (SND, CTF, etc...) unless it's a full party and people has mic.[/QUOTE]
Welcome back to the fold. Haven't seen you since early MW2.

Monkey, I have been getting dropped quite a bit. And only a few times have I ever had more than a 3bar ping. Mostly its 2 bar shit connection. In MW2 I could overcome that shitty connection by using a grenade launcher, but in this game there really is not other way but to just random lob grenade spam. Luckily I have scavenger pro which also lets you pick up tactical grenades (NOVA GAS anyone). But for some reason everyone is either wearing the gas mask or is not affected by the gas, wtf, how am I supposed to get my gas mask pro that way?

Last night was weird.

There were times when I couldn't sprint and times where I couldn't melee or the melee was very delayed. Pretty annoying. Anyone else encounter those problems?

So, I got in for the GiantBomb TNT for Black Ops...and I was thinking: Could I get an invite from them, join up, have you guys join me, then we can mop the floor with 'em? Might be fun to CAG attack the GB guys...

For those of you who fully intend on using the prestige option immediately at 50, I might suggest hoarding your money (avoid buying pointless items/weapons/perks/killstreaks). All of your playercard stuff carries over, so I suggest blowing all of your excess money on the tag items/riddled stuff.

:)

I will probably not be in game tonight....even if you see me online. The fact that my arm is still blocked from the surgery, I cannot not holder (left hand) and I could sleep at any time probably inhibit me from playing....though I'm not sure it would change my score. :)

BFGN!

Kaiser, Monkey, Cyrus and myself found ourselves a niche map for Domination, Nuketown. The map is so small, so poorly designed that it's awesome for working on contracts. 30+ kills a match easily and we played Nuketown like 4-8 times last night before the opposing team finally got tired of us farming them.

Whenever you finish a map, the game gives you an option to play that map again or vote for another one selected or random. When we won Nuketown we just kept reselecting Nuketown and it's easily by far the most fun I've had in Black Ops so far. Granted it's probably a glitch and not intentional but we abused the piss out of it, farming out a crap ton of kills over the course of several matches.

I found out the LMG is AWESOME with Hardened on Nuketown as well since EVERYTHING is wood(ie; penetrable) except the chiminys and that stupid trailer in the middle you can't shoot through nor that desk that sits on the lawn near B. I finished most of the Hardened Challenges in the course of our matches last night.

Summit is also a terrible camping map for Demo, always take down the A bomb site first since it's nearly impossible to route a well camped Defending team at the A bomb site. It was so awesome just camping that with the LMG, awesomely cheap and I'd hate to have been on the Offensive with that against me.

i might be on later. after little D goes to sleep. he's staying at my house this weekend so if i am on it will be like 10 1030 or 11ish but i do plan on being on tonight if anyone is going to be on late night wise for the east coast.

mad, kaiser, monkey, cyrus

do you guys have any weapon recommendation as to which is the better one in each category. like Mad said LMG are great with hardened but which LMG are you using.

i just think it might be nice to kinda get a some feedback on which guns are worth buying and which ones are just a waste of money !!

i've managed to have a small bit of success using the Smg AK74u with a silencer and reflex sight with lightweight/warlord/ninja tandem

[quote name='teknobeavr']mad, kaiser, monkey, cyrus

do you guys have any weapon recommendation as to which is the better one in each category. like Mad said LMG are great with hardened but which LMG are you using.

i just think it might be nice to kinda get a some feedback on which guns are worth buying and which ones are just a waste of money !!

i've managed to have a small bit of success using the Smg AK74u with a silencer and reflex sight with lightweight/warlord/ninja tandem[/QUOTE]

For assault riffles, as I like to call them, my preference is towards the Galil and the AK47 so far. I've seen a lot of people use the FAMAS against me more than most other guns though.

SMGs I stopped playing with after the AK74u, I love the Galil and AK47 too much.

LMGs I've used the HK21 and the M60, the HK21 with Extended Mags and RDS/Reflex is as good as it gets. M60 with Extended mags is 200(!) rounds and no need to reload since that's your whole clip, fires slower but you can MOW down hordes of people with it if they present you the opportunity with them grouping up. Have yet to use the other two.

Have not used any sniper rifles really.

Pistols just dual wield any of them, the Makarov is pretty decent. The Pythons are overpowered and the CZ75 is just god damned awesome.

Shotguns are not worth the time of day. They don't feel real enough, nor do they have enough recoil/feedback/damage.

For launchers I like the LAW for versatility but the Strela for anti-air since you get 2 rockets. RPG is still a little too wild for random accurate use. Haven't used the grenade launcher yet/have yet to unlock it.

Crossbow is fun, nuff sed. Haven't used the Ballistic Knife yet.

ARs - I use the M14 leveling with contracts. M14 + Red Dot is great. Even though mad hates it. After that, I skip Galil until the AK46 then off to G11

SMG = AK74u w/ silencer

LMG - You cant go wrong with the hk21 or m60. Not a fan of the stoner63 though.

Sniper rifles are relatively worthless until the last one.

Shotguns - I use the olympia if i have to... but they arent that great at all.

Pistols - Makarov until cZ7S

Launchers - RPGs are worse than in MW2. USe the cross bow!

[quote name='LordKefka06']So what is the final verdict on BO? Do you guys plan on sticking with it?[/QUOTE]
I'll stick with it only if patches come out at a timely basis. Network and gameplay suffer. Also all the HD access times just to get to the multiplayer menu is retarded. IW did it right with having the first 3 screens you just blaze through. My PS3 froze 3 times last night, so I wasn't happy.

I will be on tonight wanting to play a little multiplayer.....I could even be coerced into some zombie coop.

Elf - purchase it already. ;)

Monkey - sorry I missed your invite last night....something about a percocet haze that kept me from focusing long enough to play.

So, Kaiser, Monkey, Mad, etc....invite tonight and we can see if we can all stick together and play a round or two....

will be on later around 10ish est. depending on how interesting the redskins game gets tonight..

kaiser.. put down the netflix and join us lol lol. with the ammount of time u spend on there surely u must be running out of movies to stream lol

[quote name='teknobeavr']will be on later around 10ish est. depending on how interesting the redskins game gets tonight..

kaiser.. put down the netflix and join us lol lol. with the ammount of time u spend on there surely u must be running out of movies to stream lol[/QUOTE]

thats my wife watching netflix. and she wont let me play "violent" games until the baby goes to sleep. sorry but thats how things work for me right now.

i had a feeling it was something like that. i have the same kind of arrangement when my son is over at my house on his weekends.

[quote name='jmbreci']I will be on tonight wanting to play a little multiplayer.....I could even be coerced into some zombie coop.

Elf - purchase it already. ;)

Monkey - sorry I missed your invite last night....something about a percocet haze that kept me from focusing long enough to play.

So, Kaiser, Monkey, Mad, etc....invite tonight and we can see if we can all stick together and play a round or two....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nakanenui']Should be on after putting the baby down, maybe around 730pm PST.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='teknobeavr']mad has found borderlands so we might not see him for a while[/QUOTE]
Just to respond to the above three posts in one post, I got 2 hours of sleep today, felt had a bad case of vertigo that I've never had before, pretty damn bad nausea and now I feel like crap after napping. I may end up playing Borderlands but I don't really feel very competitive right now in my current state. My 3 year old niece just got sick(the one I was kissing all over Saturday) with a fever and I'm thinking I got whatever she has as the aches are setting in.

I want to thank everyone who played with me for about an hour last night. Sorry, but my low blood sugar + a game freeze caused me to call it quits when I did. I thought it was hilarious that the guy whined about my game winning shot being a grenade from that distance when they were spawning RC cars like they were a Nitro manufacturing plant.

That being said, who was it who said they wanted some Zombie coop? Sorry, oxycodone makes me forget who said it...but I will be game. Want to level up a bit more in MP, but will be available for zombies. Honestly, I didn't think my oxy-induced 8-9-3 (k-d-a)was too bad in TDM since I had not played since Thursday.

Monkey is a hacker, he has prestiged twice already and almost back for #3. And to bitch yet again, the lag screen showed everyone with a 3-4 bar ping yet I was consistently a 2 (occasionally 1) bar ping. I really need to bitch at TWC for my connection speeds, and maybe try another router? I just got a new modem because the first one died on me.

Lol Kaiser, I'm only like level 31 or 32. Quite a ways off. Need to get into some more domination nuketown games. I love calling out my dogs.

It was disappointing those two games that they dropped shortly after my chopper gunner made its rounds :( Im literally sick of the games crashing, but I figured out how they are doing it. The host uses the quit game option from the XMB and the game cannot recover w/o a chance to migrate.

Yeah...that one I was in when they dropped sucked....I was actually doing quite well....for me, on oxy. ;)

I'm game for more domination tonight to try and level up. CTF is absolutely horrible and I will not play that in BO until they change it.

However, for game night, we should do a few private matches with 1-shot, 1-kill (1 bullet), and the game where it randomly changes weapons.

Does the wager match trophy pop in combat training? If so we can try a few rounds of that for game night. Or even do private matches, if you can. Does private matches allow xp and money?

[quote name='nakanenui']Does the wager match trophy pop in combat training? If so we can try a few rounds of that for game night. Or even do private matches, if you can. Does private matches allow xp and money?[/QUOTE]

Don't think so, either way Wager Matches are the funnest part of Black Ops. I rented it, and that's all I wanted to do. One In The Chamber especially. Sticks and Stones was a close second. Besides those 2, I hated Black Ops multiplayer and I'm sticking with MW2. Thought it has died down. Search and Destroy only has around 3.5k players on like at 11 am. Used to be 6k+.

Rhippo = RougeHippo
Experience: Intermediate
Availablity: Sun/Tue/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Timezone: CST
Additional Info: I have a mic it just hates me half the time, need to upgrade.

I fell off a ladder and hurt myself a fair amount. Between that and my dog, I won't be around for game night. I'm just in a fairly sour mood.

man_guti = egofriendly
Experience = intermediate
Availability = M, T, W, Th, F, S, S
Time zone = Pacific
Mic = yes, just got to find it
Additional information: game on ;)

[quote name='Mad39er']I fell off a ladder and hurt myself a fair amount. Between that and my dog, I won't be around for game night. I'm just in a fairly sour mood.[/QUOTE]

damn dude, sick and injured. Get better and have a few margaritas. oh yeah, and finish up borderlands already so you can play COD!!!!

[quote name='nakanenui']damn dude, sick and injured. Get better and have a few margaritas. oh yeah, and finish up borderlands already so you can play COD!!!![/QUOTE]

yeah! what he said!
but dude, pm me if you want play some multiplayer Borderlands; I still haven't finished it either.

Okay, so after more playing online the last couple of nights, I am not sure....I wouldn't say better than MW2, but I wouldn't say worse either. Quick scoping has been toned down, but still happens occasionally. Knifing is still broke (i.e. commando, but must be lightweight and/or marathon IMO), so is running through claymores and LAG is horrible. Knifing is also broke in the sense that someone can be running with their gun and aim in their sights faster than I can knife them coming around a corner (may be lag).

For the most part I do like the new kill streaks and am happier now that I have the Famas opened up. They really need to open up an "entry" mode where people

Evilwon, sorry I couldn't join your match tonight, but I had a party going and didn't want to take the chance of disbanded it.

Mad - sorry to hear about your series of unfortunate events, get well.

[quote name='jmbreci']Okay, so after more playing online the last couple of nights, I am not sure....I wouldn't say better than MW2, but I wouldn't say worse either. Quick scoping has been toned down, but still happens occasionally. Knifing is still broke (i.e. commando, but must be lightweight and/or marathon IMO), so is running through claymores and LAG is horrible. Knifing is also broke in the sense that someone can be running with their gun and aim in their sights faster than I can knife them coming around a corner (may be lag).

For the most part I do like the new kill streaks and am happier now that I have the Famas opened up. They really need to open up an "entry" mode where people

I wish that Guerilla games would just take that Beautiful Killzone Engine and just make a modern war game with it. They can speed up the controls, as for the masses it doesn't need to be slow paced. But GG gots to realize that modern day war games are what people want to play for now. So, why not provide a AAA experience. Its hard going from the smoke effects of Killzone and looking at the silly ass looking smoke effect (which look like sprites) in COD Black Ops.

People need to join dyeknom and I on domination. Its funny when all of sudden in nuketown you see an incoming chopper gunner and its dyeknom killing everyone in sight.

But people need to stop capping all 3 points. Really causes spawn issues but then again Black Ops spawning is screwed up anyway :(

bread's done
Back