Black Ops CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @7PST/10EST

Has anyone figured out/tried to control the spawning? Especially on Nuketown.

I was thinking if you kept someone all the way in one of the corners of the backyard maybe then you wouldn't get 3 guys spawning right behind you as you try to sneak around the house. Or at the very least keep a dedicated guy to watch the back of the house.

[quote name='langdon_alger']Has anyone figured out/tried to control the spawning? Especially on Nuketown. [/QUOTE]

Mostly, but you need to keep everybody behind a certain line on the green side.

If you spawn at the yellow house, you can control the green spawn by getting a guy in their window (upstairs), control the left side and dont let anybody go in front of the final green brush on the right side. Only really works on domination.

It seems impossible to control the spawn in TDM because the spawns seem to switch on a timer. Hence why they always spawn in the same general location on Firing Range during TDM

I'll be in later.....monkey and I dominated the match in Nuketown last night....actually, if my percocet wasn't lying, I thought I actually scored higher than him....wtf is up with that?

More domination please.......no TDM....I may be on for a bit shortly....then off to put a 4 year old down, er....to bed....then back on for more pain.

Ugh, we had 5 people tonight and about our 5th game in we all got kicked to the menu or offline. Guessing the host quit game'd us.

Holy crap they actually did fix some of the problems. Footsteps are now "real" again so ninja is useful once again. Lag is meh It still takes forever to find a host but over all steps in the right direction now if they can only fix the bending bullets around corners i'll be happy.......

here is a list of the updates caontained in the new patch

11/16
· Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
· Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
· Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
· Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
· Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
· Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequin’s head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location

11/17 (full title update)· Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
· Additional online security enhancements
· Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game – will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

Sweet....will have to try it out later.

Toxic - loved the way you knifed the guy in his backpack as the last kill in Nuketown last night. ;)

Hopefully yeah for footsteps. That has been frustrating.

And in my blazingly sexist comment for the week - see this week's South Park episode. Four words for you - Shake Weight for Women.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated the OP. BFGN!

It hurts to sit straight up so I won't be anywhere near my usual quality of cursing and killing but I think I'll crack open a beer or two tonight just to try and loosen the muscles. I'm also on call this weekend into next week so I won't be staying up late as I have to be the first to call in at 7 AM every day.

CAG ID = EightBitArtist
Experience: MP - noob, never played 1 online before. Zombies - Expert
Availablity: any day any time except saturday and sunday
Timezone: EST
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: looking mainly to play zombies. will only play MP till i get the trophies.

Bfgn tonight ! will be on around 7-8ish est. and will be on most all night and early morning.

mad- hope u feel better and it will be glad to see you back on we missed ur barking wed night.

last night's adventures were rather funny in some spots.

the only prob ive been seeing after the patch was it would break up our party and put us on different teams after about 3-4 matches. it happened to me and monkey and a couple of other's last night about 2 times.

which lead to the funny clip of me shooting monkey in the head with a crossbow and then he turned around and ran towards his guys blowing himself and them up at the same time.

Evil-- if you go back and look at that clip/match on theatre it almost looks like i shoved the knife up the guy's ass

BFGN....i should be on at some point...even on percocet. :D

I was the GW kill last night in the only match I could get into....got knifed....only it missed....even on the killcam it missed. Still broken....

8bitartist and I got through to lvl 18.

Was rocking a Pack a Punch version of the Ray gun and Hk21.

8bit had a Pack a Punch Mp40 with upgrade ammo and this compressed air rocket launcher.

We think we got the first level of Zombies down, just need a few others to help in the survival!

the pack a punch mp40 with upgraded ammo was pretty freaking beastly. the air cannon is a good weapon for clearing a path like when we had to ditch the room there on round 17. we got a pretty good strategy though for that toten stage, no doubt.

hmmmmpphhhhhh...still on the fence....I like a lot of the game play better than MW2, but man oh man do they need to fix the lag crap and get some dedicated servers.

Shamu....snookie....orange county....south beach....whatever...it's all a blur after I take the pain killers. :)

What's everyone running for equipment?

My DS3's left analog stick is losing it's stiffness, starting to hang slightly in the forward position and L3 doesn't click as sharply as R3. Any suggestions other than using my newer DS3? I'm fairly sure this recent strain of L3 using FPSes did the damage. I'm not even sure if there is anything 'serviceable' about the left analog stick.

floormat = floormat
Experience: Intermediate (depends on map)
Availablity: nights 12 mid to 5am varies
Timezone: EST
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: zombies mostly but will play any.

yo j cart, 8bit, other zombie heads, I am the man you need in zombies! I'll add you guys when I get home (if I remember).

What are you highest levels?
the theatre for me was 19 (host ended that one).
"five" is level 15.

OP, how about updating the zombie list? I'm getting lonely in there.

Lol Toxic and I saw a kid with green clan tags after you guys logged... but... he was only level 41... hmmmmmmm, wonder how THAT happened :) We also ran into a group of people who were visibly bothered by our team's domination of their team.

I don't know, it seems lately that we've been running into a lot more people abusing lag (which appears to be intentional, because they are running around warp-knifing). I'm also seeing a lot more knifes that are clearly missing on killcams... but no where near the person. I'm guessing they put in commando in the MW series to mask that flaw.

Pretty interesting game night, mostly destroyed our competition with like a one game exception. :)

At some point in the future, we should set up game night to be Zmobie action.

mr_burnzz: I will send you a friend request when I get done with work. 8bit and I work weekends, so during the weekdays we are very free. We got to 18 on the theater one. We should have lasted a few more rounds, but damn the bad luck that we had. Can't wait to see how long we survive.

dyeknom: Good games, rolling with you guys on DOM was pretty fun. We rolled a few rounds, then we got paired with those two guys that went like 1-12 and 2-19 or something. Seeing chopper after chopper killed us. Anytime you see me on, message me, I am always down to play (though it would be nice to get a full in house CAG HC S&D game going).

Also I made up a game that I like to call rugby. It is sabotage, but headshots only. I can't set the gun rules, but we are to play shotguns only, no nades, no equipment and no knives. Really simple, first team to plant gets a round win (try) and the first to 5 wins. I really want to try it out with a full list.

Updated the OP.

Just a quick note, those interested in multiplayer, feel free to friend request Kaiser or myself, we have a fairly decent friends list and it makes it easier in some respects just to friend request other CAGs as you meet them since we usually roll with about 5+ people. On a related note, I'm downright terrible and need to send some friend requests out.

I have found one thing about this game that I REALLY LOVE! Decoy! That's got to be one of the best additions to this game. When you have people that's just running around like fucking crazy you can at least dictate what area they're going to come to, and as they come you can pick them off. I won a match as we were down a couple of points, and we were on the Havana map, threw the Decoy at D2 and told my team to wait cause they're coming to D2, we got the last 4 kills and won the match by one! I was at D2 hiding behind a yellow trash bin. Guys on the other team got mad, but I told em' that's just pure strategy that them killed.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Sorry I bailed last night, I got tired of playing with one bar.[/QUOTE]

2 and occasional 3 bars are bad enough, I cant imagine what it's like with 1.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']yo j cart, 8bit, other zombie heads, I am the man you need in zombies! I'll add you guys when I get home (if I remember).

What are you highest levels?
the theatre for me was 19 (host ended that one).
"five" is level 15.

OP, how about updating the zombie list? I'm getting lonely in there.[/QUOTE]

yeah we got to 18 and that was only the, like, 5th time ive played that map. i know where the claymores are now and other stuff so we should get at least into the 20s with 3 good players and some luck at the mystery box.

i only played Five once, but i read a really really good strategy for that map, so im sure we would get far on that one as well. i dont have that map unlocked cuz i didnt beat SP yet, but i think there is a code to unlock it through the dos comp, so ill just do that.

is it just me or did that last patch make the zombies more aggressive earlier and add some better guns in the prize box ¿?

or did I just hit the perfect storm

Zombies get more life and move faster as you go up in levels. Before level 10 all zombies will die to one ray gun shot, afterwards it takes two (plus upgraded ray guy shoots legs off, free crawlers).

I read somewhere that the Olympia shotgun when upgraded with ammo and pack a punch shoots incendiary rounds ala Dragon's Breath! Need to try that with speed boost. I think we can easily get to 30 with 4 people on the theater level as long as we get some good mystery box pick ups. So far only a few games played and I have picked up the Ray Gun twice! I never got the Ray Gun ever on WaW zombies.

I haven't played the pentagon level at all, so if we try that I will just follow.

BTW has anyone found any easter eggs?

Been out of town for a week and unable to get on much. Still getting used to things but I think hardline pro is one of the great additions to the game. Looking forward to unlocking hacker pro eventually.

[quote name='j-cart']BTW has anyone found any easter eggs?[/QUOTE]

in w@W, if you touched all the green glowing brain thingys in der reise, a heavy metal song would start. there is another song on kino der toten when you touch all the meteorite pieces. havent heard the song though. ill do it next time we are playing.

just saw some the changes they are working on forfor patch 1.5 1.6. treyarch knows about the 3 biggest glitches . the prestige hack. the care package glitch. and the knifing glitch. they said they are working on them.

honestly its nice to see that unlike mw2 treyarch is acting putting out a know glitch lic and a reported glitch list. i guess it just nice to see them being honest about whats wrong on the ps3 side and taking steps to try to fix things. instead just not commenting or saying there is nothing wrong or the hacks are just rumors.

they are working on hit detection and it should be better in the next patch

I think one of the CoD games had colored clan tags, I'm not sure if it was W@W or not though. Overall Treyarch is doing what they can because they released a monster and they have to support it. If they fix most of the issues, they can start to move towards being bigger than MW2, so they have to acknowledge the problems openly, support the game and it's playerbase while supplying a fun experience.

Overall I'm not really impressed as MW2 didn't have half of the issues that Black Ops has. The care package running glitch was intended and only patched after people seriously bitched about it enough. IW was slower coming out with patches but they had their stuff together, it's more than I can say about Treyarch and the lag that's still occuring.

mad.. the color clan tag can only be unlocked after 13th prestige . but people found a way to unlock it right of the bat at any level

i cant really explain it but i seem to be having better match perfomances in black ops as opposed to mw2. as far k/d ratio and how deep i can get into my killstreaks.

[quote name='teknobeavr']i cant really explain it but i seem to be having better match perfomances in black ops as opposed to mw2. as far k/d ratio and how deep i can get into my killstreaks.[/QUOTE]
That's probably because people don't have Stopping Power/Danger Close or replenishable claymores/noob tubes in Black Ops. It's more forgiving and the hit detection is terrible with people purposely lagging, mix all of that and you get a game that isn't really balanced any more and leads to it be more "friendly" to the average player and less "friendly" to the experienced. I spend way more time camped and I don't really like it.

Easy button does not make for an enjoyable experience for me. Things that took skill and practice to learn were thrown out the window to mass market towards a softer gamer.

[quote name='floormat']what does that light bulb above peoples head mean ¿?[/QUOTE]
I believe it means they're calling in a killstreak if you're referring to multiplayer. It goes away once they're out of killstreak mode.

[quote name='Mad39er']I think one of the CoD games had colored clan tags, I'm not sure if it was W@W or not though. Overall Treyarch is doing what they can because they released a monster and they have to support it. If they fix most of the issues, they can start to move towards being bigger than MW2, so they have to acknowledge the problems openly, support the game and it's playerbase while supplying a fun experience.

Overall I'm not really impressed as MW2 didn't have half of the issues that Black Ops has. The care package running glitch was intended and only patched after people seriously bitched about it enough. IW was slower coming out with patches but they had their stuff together, it's more than I can say about Treyarch and the lag that's still occuring.[/QUOTE]

I nominate this post of the month. :applause:

Lag could be fixed if activision would take some of the 680 million dollars that they made and set up some servers.

It is POSSIBLE for console games to be played on servers. Warhawk is a perfect example. Honestly, if Zipper is able to make a 256 player game with pretty minimal lag why can everyone else?

The only reason to to not use servers for online gaming is just pure laziness.

Just a general statement against non server online games.

evanom = evanom2003
Experience: beginner
Availability: Sat/Sun/Monday(nights)
Timezone: 10.00 GMT
Mic: no

Just beat the game on veteran. Unlocked the WhiteHouse zombie level, so can play that now. I will be going through on easy to finish up trophy run. See you all online.

my friend and i got to round 23 on toten while playing split screen. we def have a good strategy and a better strategy of what guns to have. the mp40 with upgraded ammo is a no go. that shit cost 4500 each time i need to refill my ammo. i was under the assumption that you upgraded it for 4500, then it was only 500 to refill.

so now, the guns to have are the RPK and HK21. pack a punched, gives 750 and 500 bullets. 1 person is def in need of the thundercannon as well. after round 18, we were going to get swarmed, so my friend opened up the last door. since all the doors were open, we then kited them for the next 5 rounds. i made the dumb mistake of trying to fight on a narrow staircase and got hit by 1 from behind and got pinned to where i couldnt break out my thundercannon in time; lesson learned hahaha.

with me and him playing on the same ps3, with j cart and burnzz, we should rock that shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad - I'll just play devil's advocate for a minute about MW2. What needs to happen is a combination of the two things. There are plenty of things fixed in BO. Here are the additions by subtraction:
OMA + (take your pick) noob tube, claymore, C4, .....
Stopping Power
Danger Close (although it was good to me)
Quick Scoping
Shottys as secondary
Akimbo

I am not saying perfect by any stretch or that is it better than MW2, just far more balanced. I think if they fix the lag issues, things will be much better - although there is still that issue with being gutted with a knife from halfway across a room...that and throw in the fact that hit detection sucks. I've seen more killcams where a bullet never hits a person and yet they die.

Room for improvement in no particular order:
RC Cars + hardline = car bots
Lag issues
Hit detection
Knife attacks
Having sniper rifles that can fire more rounds per second than an assault rifle (I should've saved that cam) - then again, maybe the guy had a cheater controller
I think footsteps are still broken
+ others I have left off the list

I think we need to have a night and walk through the MP maps...where Noobkill when we need him?

[quote name='Mr. 420']Yawn.
Play hardcore gang matches on rdr and stop playing this gay shit.[/QUOTE]
Dude, all you do is troll the CoD threads with the same crap. Take your crap elsewhere.

bread's done
Back