Black Teen Shot, Killed By Neighborhood Watch

[quote name='Purple Flames']I've been trying to keep up with the case for weeks but I this news completely went under my radar. Looks like Zimmerman is trying his hardest to find a judge who'll sympathize with him, or maybe just one who's friends with his dad.[/QUOTE]
It's also possible that he's trying to burn through enough billable hours to bankrupt Zimmerman or at least drain enough of his donations to qualify for public funding, of which he would've qualified for initially since he allegedly didn't know about the amount of donations Zimmerman pulled in from his website. That's the rumor anyways.

No trying to be rude, and pardon my pun, but this topic has been beat to death. Everyone knows zimmerman murdered him, and that is all that really matters at this point. There has been 70 pages of stupid thus far, we really don't need another 20.

[quote name='perdition(troy']No trying to be rude, and pardon my pun, but this topic has been beat to death. Everyone knows zimmerman murdered him, and that is all that really matters at this point. There has been 70 pages of stupid thus far, we really don't need another 20.[/QUOTE]

Matters in a court of law. If somone here even argues or is still convinced a 17 year old kid can beat a grown man near death, a juror may also be to stupid/biased enough to believe it.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Uhh yea so lets bring this story back.

Seems like there is no evidence at all that young Trey handled Zimmermans gun that night.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/09/19...trayvon-martins-dna-on-george-zimmermans-gun/

The first comment on that page brings something up that I never realized. How the hell would Trey reach for a gun he didnt know Zimmerman had until they apparently starting fighting?

Anyway, this doesnt really lead to any blockbuster crack in the case but it is surprising that Trey never touched the gun in a way that would leave evidence. Now you have to define what exactly is "reaching for my gun," What does that mean? That he looked at it? That he reached out for it but didnt grab it.....yet he was close enough to bash your head into the ground and break your nose?

It seems like he was kicking the shit out of you pretty easily....what stopped him from actually taking the gun away when your face down with your nose broken? Again its a case of...when it benefits Zimmy Trey seems to be the strongest 17 year old kid in the world...yet at the very instance when its life and death (getting beaten up isnt life or death) he all of a sudden cant reach a gun he is 20 inches from to the point that he leaves no DNA evidence whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Just found out about this over on reddit. The Zimmerman White Knight Brigade there is falling all over themselves to try and denounce this new evidence.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Just found out about this over on reddit. The Zimmerman White Knight Brigade there is falling all over themselves to try and denounce this new evidence.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused. How is that something new? Wouldn't it be a news flash if they did find prints or something on the gun? How is it "breaking news" that they didn't find evidence? I never remember ever reading that it was stated he did touch Zimmerman's gun unless we're allowed to assume reaching for means he touched it.

Zimmerman claims that he was on his back and getting his head pounded into the ground by Martin, when he reached for his gun. So, the prosecution's argument would be the lack of Martin's DNA anywhere on or near the gun (the holster) makes it unlikely that the two were engaged in a scuffle.

It's important to note, though, that many media outlets are skewing the report. It has not been ruled out that Martin's DNA is on the gun or the holster. Zimmerman's is the only DNA sample that could be positively identified.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Zimmerman claims that he was on his back and getting his head pounded into the ground by Martin, when he reached for his gun. So, the prosecution's argument would be the lack of Martin's DNA anywhere on or near the gun (the holster) makes it unlikely that the two were engaged in a scuffle.

It's important to note, though, that many media outlets are skewing the report. It has not been ruled out that Martin's DNA is on the gun or the holster. Zimmerman's is the only DNA sample that could be positively identified.[/QUOTE]
JUST SAYIN' right? :roll:

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm confused. How is that something new? Wouldn't it be a news flash if they did find prints or something on the gun? How is it "breaking news" that they didn't find evidence? I never remember ever reading that it was stated he did touch Zimmerman's gun unless we're allowed to assume reaching for means he touched it.[/QUOTE]

Did you completely gloss over Soodmeg's post? He addressed your points pretty well.

Seems like there is no evidence at all that young Trey handled Zimmermans gun that night.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/09/19...trayvon-martins-dna-on-george-zimmermans-gun/

The first comment on that page brings something up that I never realized. How the hell would Trey reach for a gun he didnt know Zimmerman had until they apparently starting fighting?

Anyway, this doesnt really lead to any blockbuster crack in the case but it is surprising that Trey never touched the gun in a way that would leave evidence. Now you have to define what exactly is "reaching for my gun," What does that mean? That he looked at it? That he reached out for it but didnt grab it.....yet he was close enough to bash your head into the ground and break your nose?

It seems like he was kicking the shit out of you pretty easily....what stopped him from actually taking the gun away when your face down with your nose broken? Again its a case of...when it benefits Zimmy Trey seems to be the strongest 17 year old kid in the world...yet at the very instance when its life and death (getting beaten up isnt life or death) he all of a sudden cant reach a gun he is 20 inches from to the point that he leaves no DNA evidence whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

how would he knew he had a gun..simple when he was on the ground he would of felt it

As you can see, Mr. Martin got an F in Chemistry, therefore Mr. Zimmerman was well within his right to shoot him.

What relevance might Zimmerman's medical records have?

I can see wanting Martin's school/social media stuffs, so they con try to portray him as a "violent thug" and what-have-you. It's an unethical defense, sure, but defense attorneys aren't paid to be ethical.

But - and perhaps I haven't been following this very closely - I'm not sure what the prosecution seeks to gain with Zimmerman's medical records. Are they looking for what treatment he received the night of the shooting (so as to compare medical records w/ his testimony)?

[quote name='mykevermin']What relevance might Zimmerman's medical records have?

I can see wanting Martin's school/social media stuffs, so they con try to portray him as a "violent thug" and what-have-you. It's an unethical defense, sure, but defense attorneys aren't paid to be ethical.

But - and perhaps I haven't been following this very closely - I'm not sure what the prosecution seeks to gain with Zimmerman's medical records. Are they looking for what treatment he received the night of the shooting (so as to compare medical records w/ his testimony)?[/QUOTE]

I think they are going to try and make the point that he was chemically unstable and shouldn't have been allowed to posses a firearm.

And while I tend to agree it is kind of a moot point iin a criminal trial if he WAS legally allowed to; unless he lied somewhere along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be to try and show his injuries don't support his claims of having his head slammed into the pavement, feeling his life was in danger etc. I guess.

[quote name='mykevermin']What relevance might Zimmerman's medical records have?

But - and perhaps I haven't been following this very closely - I'm not sure what the prosecution seeks to gain with Zimmerman's medical records. Are they looking for what treatment he received the night of the shooting (so as to compare medical records w/ his testimony)?[/QUOTE]

I do believe there are reports awhile back that he was on prescription meds that had side effects like increased aggression and the like.

^ I'm not sure how that would play into the prosecution, I think. Thanks for bringing it up, though.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Could be to try and show his injuries don't support his claims of having his head slammed into the pavement, feeling his life was in danger etc. I guess.[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's the only thing i can think of.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I do believe there are reports awhile back that he was on prescription meds that had side effects like increased aggression and the like.[/QUOTE]

I remember those reports about Zimmerman's prescription meds, too.

The defense is also getting access to the social media accounts of the friend that was on the phone with Trayvon that evening.

Conservative co-worker told me yesterday that Martin's family did want Treyvon's school records released because it would "show how much of a hood he was". Sometimes I wish that saying stupid shit caused people physical pain. What kills me is that I have an uncle who is fairly conservative, big gun rights supporter, even he thought it was bullshit that Zimmerman shot Martin. Why can he see it when most of them can't?

[quote name='Clak']Conservative co-worker told me yesterday that Martin's family did want Treyvon's school records released because it would "show how much of a hood he was". Sometimes I wish that saying stupid shit caused people physical pain. What kills me is that I have an uncle who is fairly conservative, big gun rights supporter, even he thought it was bullshit that Zimmerman shot Martin. Why can he see it when most of them can't?[/QUOTE]

The same reason that people never stop to think for a moment that Honey Boo Boo Child doesn't represent "white culture," yet will use the same breath to lambast "black culture" for crime rates, poverty, etc.

That reason? Systemic racism.

mike tyson boxing at 17 years old
yes there are 17 year olds out there that can beat the shit out of adults whats your point again? In fact I dont even know you or anything about you but im sure that in my city there are 17 year olds here that could handle you like you were nothing. So basically throw out the age thing because its bullshit and I am calling you out on it.

In b4 someone posts a picture of 13 year old trayvon and says he couldn't possibly have beaten anyone up.

So what should he have done? Let some creep stalk him at night and not been scared he's about to get jumped? Even if he confronted him, again the kid was being stalked by a middle age man with no right to follow him. I for one know I'd get in someones face if they were following me.

retrad - you do realize that Mike Tyson and Trayvon Martin have remarkably different physiques right? Mike Tyson is one of the most unique humans around. His body was built for the sole purpose of kicking ass. And of course let's not forget that Tyson had been trained in boxing since he was 14 or so and Trayvon was not.

Long story short, yes it is possible for a 17 year old to beat up a guy in his mid-20's or however old MZ is. It also requires that the younger one knows what they're doing and the older one is a pufta.

[quote name='nasum']retrad - you do realize that Mike Tyson and Trayvon Martin have remarkably different physiques right? Mike Tyson is one of the most unique humans around. His body was built for the sole purpose of kicking ass. And of course let's not forget that Tyson had been trained in boxing since he was 14 or so and Trayvon was not.

Long story short, yes it is possible for a 17 year old to beat up a guy in his mid-20's or however old MZ is. It also requires that the younger one knows what they're doing and the older one is a pufta.[/QUOTE]

I dont know trayvon martins physique since ive only seen pictures of him at 13 years old. Also dont know what a pufta is and im not going to bother looking it up. Also you are incorrect. I know a few 17 year olds who are pretty big and practice mma and would be able to handle some adults who aren't puftas w/e the fuck that means.

[quote name='retrad']I dont know trayvon martins physique since ive only seen pictures of him at 13 years old. Also dont know what a pufta is and im not going to bother looking it up. Also you are incorrect. I know a few 17 year olds who are pretty big and practice mma and would be able to handle some adults who aren't puftas w/e the fuck that means.[/QUOTE]
If you can google a Mike Tyson sparring clip, you can google a goddamn picture of Martin that shows him 2 weeks before he was murdered.

Spoiler alert: He isn't built like Mike Tyson.

Lets nip this in the bud

[quote name='Soodmeg']

This is an excellent point.
Its the sort of inconsistency that will come up in trial. Its a problem for their version of events. A version of events that isnt reflected in the evidence.

This on the other hand
[quote name='retrad'][ im sure that in my city there are 17 year olds here that could handle you like you were nothing. So basically throw out the age thing because its bullshit and I am calling you out on it.
[/QUOTE]

This is stupid.
When the defense is confronted with a version of Sood's comment, Do you think they're going to respond with "Mike Tyson could beat people up when he was 17"
He's not being tried by a jury of 17 year olds.

It's been a while so who knows if the usual suspects still care about this, but all I have to say is that this trial confirms my worldview.

It's been a while so who knows if the usual suspects still care about this, but all I have to say is that this trial confirms my worldview.
Which ass backwards, regressive, racist world view are you referring to? The one where black people...I mean black culture is inferior to white culture? Color me surprised. :roll:

Even funnier because this trial started when? Yesterday(ok Monday)??? Gimme a fucking break.

Which ass backwards, regressive, racist world view are you referring to? The one where black people...I mean black culture is inferior to white culture? Color me surprised. :roll:

Even funnier because this trial started when? Yesterday(ok Monday)??? Gimme a fucking break.
What are the odds that the state's star witness and little Tray Tray's best phone friend lied multiple times, and cross-examination isn't even over yet?

What are the odds that the state's star witness and Saint Trayvon's best phone friend can barely speak English despite being raised in the United States?

What are the odds that the state's star witness and Baby Tray Tray's best phone friend is 19 and going into the 12th grade in the fall?

What are the odds that the state's star witness and Tray Tray's best phone friend copped an attitude on the stand from the moment she took it?

It is amazing to me what I saw live on American television in American court. It is more apparent than ever that the state has no case. Zimmerman deserves nothing more than immediate acquittal and release from this malicious prosecution. When he is acquitted, the media should be held partially responsible for any civil unrest that results.

Some cultures are certainly superior at embracing violence.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/27-players-arrested-since-the-super-bowl-slideshow/

27 NFL arrests since the super bowl; 3 were white.

DUI

DUI

Public Intoxication

as compared to:

Murder

Attempted Murder

High Speed Chase

Assault on a Woman

Drug and Gun Charges

DWI, GTA, Burglary

Aggravated Assault

Drug Possession

Drug Possession

Solicitation of Prostitution

Assault

Disorderly Conduct / Resisting Arrest

Simple Battery

Assault (Domestic Violence)

Child Abuse

And more....

But I suppose this "image problem" is just created by..... (point finger at someone else because God forbid we hold people accountable)

Rachel Jeantel is not an aberration. She is not a functionally illiterate outlier. There are millions more like her out there, a product of decades of failed progressive policies and lowered expectations for the Democrat's loyal automatic votes.

Some have blamed her performance on the stand today on nervousness, her age, her relative inexperience with this sort of thing. I don't buy it. A sane person, as nervous as they were, would follow up their minor mistakes with humility, a smile, maybe even a "sir" or "ma'am." From the moment she took the stand she copped an attitude, even to the prosecutor. This is the attitude of someone who has never had to qualify for any kind of standard, because no one expects her to.

Guilty whites want nothing more than for blacks to succeed, to close the gap and reach parity with everyone else. Had she made an effort, Zimmerman might actually be on the road to conviction, as flimsy as the state's case is. The female jurors, who probably aren't the evil racists most people think they are, would have embraced her had she made an effort.

But she is not expected to make an effort. That is the fault of liberal Democrats and cowardly neocons who consistently fail to challenge sacred cows.

Liberals who have been following this case, and those that get snippets from a biased news media, have consistently talked about the responsiblities of George Zimmerman. He should have done this, he shouldn't have done that. Never do they talk about Trayvon Martin's responsibilities or lack of common sense. They will never say, "If he had just called the cops..." or "If he had just gone home..." It never enters their mind, even as a sort of devil's advocate position.

You know, Democrats don't believe that blacks have a lower IQ and poor planning skills, but they sure as hell fucking treat them that way.

Rachel Jeantel is not an aberration. She is not a functionally illiterate outlier. There are millions more like her out there, a product of decades of failed progressive policies and lowered expectations for the Democrat's loyal automatic votes.

Some have blamed her performance on the stand today on nervousness, her age, her relative inexperience with this sort of thing. I don't buy it. A sane person, as nervous as they were, would follow up their minor mistakes with humility, a smile, maybe even a "sir" or "ma'am." From the moment she took the stand she copped an attitude, even to the prosecutor. This is the attitude of someone who has never had to qualify for any kind of standard, because no one expects her to.

Guilty whites want nothing more than for blacks to succeed, to close the gap and reach parity with everyone else. Had she made an effort, Zimmerman might actually be on the road to conviction, as flimsy as the state's case is. The female jurors, who probably aren't the evil racists most people think they are, would have embraced her had she made an effort.

But she is not expected to make an effort. That is the fault of liberal Democrats and cowardly neocons who consistently fail to challenge sacred cows.

Liberals who have been following this case, and those that get snippets from a biased news media, have consistently talked about the responsiblities of George Zimmerman. He should have done this, he shouldn't have done that. Never do they talk about Trayvon Martin's responsibilities or lack of common sense. They will never say, "If he had just called the cops..." or "If he had just gone home..." It never enters their mind, even as a sort of devil's advocate position.

You know, Democrats don't believe that blacks have a lower IQ and poor planning skills, but they sure as hell fucking treat them that way.
Wow!!! I agree with you all the way, but its not just black people. Our system is subsidizing the breeding of stupid, lazy, selfish people of ALL colors. The truly scary part is that the witness may not even be the product of our welfare/entitlement system. It may just be crappy parenting or the "dickhead" gene. Zimmerman should have no problem with getting off with reasonable doubt. Have they presented any ballistic forensic evidence? It seems that the angle and trajectory of the single shot should prove or disprove who was on top. A special place in Hell will be reserved for ol George if he actually did shoot Trayvon in cold blood.

Shouldn't be to difficult to get GZ off with prosecutors using witnesses like this:

Jayne Surdyka told the court that immediately before the shooting, she heard an aggressive voice and a softer voice exchanging words for several minutes in an area behind her townhome at the Retreat at Twin Lakes.

"It was someone being very aggressive and angry at someone," she said.

During the struggle, she said, she saw a person in dark clothes on top of the other person. Martin was wearing a dark sweatshirt and Zimmerman wore red clothing. Surdyka said she saw the person who was on top get off the body after the shot was fired.

Surdyka said she heard cries for help and then multiple gunshots: "pop, pop, pop." Only one shot was fired in the fatal encounter.

Must of been a hell of an echo....

And then:

Jeantel, 19, also explained that she had initially lied about her age — she claimed to be 16 — to protect her privacy when she was initially contacted by an attorney for Martin's family to give a recorded statement over the telephone about what she knew about the few moments before Martin's encounter with Zimmerman. She was expected to finish her testimony on Thursday.

Of course Zimmerman is such a upstanding citizen himself...

Oh wait but Zimmerman is whiter looking so he gets the benefit of the doubt first....

You know what, maybe Martin wasn't a great guy, but Zimmerman is no better... Zimmerman should of killed himself after killing Martin.

I won't bother arguing with the known conservative racists here since they probably approved of the blacks being beaten by cops back in the 60's for protesting as that "they deserve it" or even to go as far as being ok with MLK being shot cause he was a "troublemaker"

You know what makes you a joke.... is that FLORIDA has been runned under a REPUBLICAN for how many farking years?

Oh wait but its cool to blame those eviil Dems.....LOL!!!!!

You want to argue stupid, argue when school runned under some conservative republican religious nonsense that teach kids a mythical man pointed his finger and out sprout man, then he took a man rib and made him a sex mate.... and to top it off ... that man and dinosaurs lived side by side together .... Oh and Thomas Jefferson was a evil evil man and should be removed from all text....

I've watched the trial everyday since it started, and this is what I've taken away from it thus far:

- Zimmerman's defense team loves to hear themselves speak.

- Zimmerman called 911 on any young black guy who even set foot in the neighborhood, and there are no less than 4 calls they played earlier. (tell me again how Martin wasn't profiled. I triple dog dare you).

- According to the witness yesterday and today, Martin was the one on the bottom and they were in the grass during the struggle and the one who was on top after the shot was fired was the one who got back up (i.e. GZ), which if true utterly destroys Zimmerman's claim that Martin was banging his head on the sidewalk (there was no blood found on the sidewalk) and the main point that the Team Zimmerman has been clinging to for dear life for over a year now goes completely out the window.

- Zimmerman was a shitty neighborhood watch coordinator since it seemed that a lot of these neighbors didn't know each other.

- While assholes are making fun of the way she looked and talked, The star witness still did a good job of relaying her experience of the events from the evening.

According to the witness yesterday and today, Martin was the one on the bottom
^ Which witness?

The one who lied about her age? The one who admitted TM called GZ a "cracker"?

OR the one who claimed to hear three gunshots when only one was determined to have been fired?

OR the one who claimed that a person wearing dark clothing was one top (TM was wearing black; GZ was wearing red)

^ Which witness?

The one who lied about her age? The one who admitted TM called GZ a "cracker"?

OR the one who claimed to hear three gunshots when only one was determined to have been fired?

OR the one who claimed that a person wearing dark clothing was one top (TM was wearing black; GZ was wearing red)
love how blacks think its okay and funny to call white people crackers

BUT when a white person calls a black person the N word that white person needs to lose their job

like i said the entire thing is fixed anyways ... he will be found he did it cause will place the race card

O there was no black people on the jury

Why does it matter..... we all know that some of those conservative/righty folks don't care if Martin was innocent or guilty in all of this because to them its just another "black kid.... and considering their family have a couple more anyways so what's the difference"

If you ever going to wait for conservatives to stand for the innocent and defenseless, you might die holding your breath.

They were in defense of slavery

They were in defense of segregation

They were in defense against suffrage movement

They are in defense of racial profiling

They are in defense of "God's law" you know against all the homosexuals

- Zimmerman's defense team loves to hear themselves speak.
The state spent 30 minutes on a compelling emotional opening statement. The media reported on the defense's knock knock joke, but barely reported Mr. West's nearly two hours of facts and evidence.

- Zimmerman called 911 on any young black guy who even set foot in the neighborhood, and there are no less than 4 calls they played earlier. (tell me again how Martin wasn't profiled. I triple dog dare you).
Zimmerman was told to call in things like open garage doors and when in doubt, to call it into the non-emergency number. He was the neighborhood liaison that relayed any neighborhood concerns to police. They were dealing with a documented spike in crime, which has been supported by a state witness during cross-examination. The HOA president also testified that some stucco workers caught one of the thieves by, gasp, following the suspect at a distance. By the way, the thief was black.

- According to the witness yesterday and today, Martin was the one on the bottom and they were in the grass during the struggle and the one who was on top after the shot was fired was the one who got back up (i.e. GZ), which if true utterly destroys Zimmerman's claim that Martin was banging his head on the sidewalk (there was no blood found on the sidewalk) and the main point that the Team Zimmerman has been clinging to for dear life for over a year now goes completely out the window.
The state has been setting up witnesses and the defense has been knocking them down. One witness used pictures from the media to compare the relative sizes of George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin. Translation: She didn't see shit.

- Zimmerman was a shitty neighborhood watch coordinator since it seemed that a lot of these neighbors didn't know each other.
You mean the hysterical woman who spent 16 minutes on the phone with 911, said she heard three pops (only one shot was fired), said she was on the phone when she heard the shot (no shot was heard on her 911 call) and basically doesn't go outside because she is scared of her own shadow?

- While assholes are making fun of the way she looked and talked, The star witness still did a good job of relaying her experience of the events from the evening.
She's on the stand right now and the defense is going to destroy her again. Turns out she can't read cursive, and signed a letter under a fake name.

Why does it matter..... we all know that some of those conservative/righty folks don't care if Martin was innocent or guilty in all of this because to them its just another "black kid
All that matters is that the state lacks the evidence to convince a jury that George Zimmerman committed murder 2. Hell, he could have murdered the "kid" in cold blood. He walks if the state can't prove that beyond a reasonable doubt.

bread's done
Back