Blazblue: Calamity Trigger - Gen Discussion & Info.

dood u guys seriously...

if u need to spam D to win then by all means do it.

it only takes a better player to show you your mistakes, and you'll learn from there.

Noel's bread and butter relies on her drive, I highly suggest you learn it if you are going to use her.

Im currently using Noel as my main (really haven't used any other character yet). I'm working on her story mode right now. I only have 68%. Quick question though, to get 100% on these stories, do I have to lost all the matches too to get the 100% since I noticed I lost to Carl and my story % went up 1%

Currently maining Jin as I strive for competency.

The amount of rage quitting I'm experiencing is disappointing me. Rocked a guy's Nu twice on two different days in ranked and he rage quit on me both times as he was about to die. Sucks like hell that I get disconnect marks on my record because he couldn't be a man about taking the loss.

lol tell me about it. I main Iron Tager and all of my rage quits have come from NU and Arakune players who were destroying me (I have about 20% health and they are fully powered) and then I barely get in and completely stream roll them in under 10 seconds (A 360 followed by a 720 is pretty much the end of the match if you can actually pull it off).

I think I'm gonna start playing Arakune though because he's so annoying and effective, so I gotta get in on that. It really surprised me how much I loved this game. I only planned on playing casually with friends and now I'm playing my hardest and trying to understand all the complexities of the game. When I get curbed stomped (which is pretty much every fight lol) I'm still amped to play and adjust my style. So refreshing since SF4 just pisses me off to high hell whether I win or lose.

[quote name='Indignate']Same here, I main Noel as well without spamming, only using it when I see a good opening, however even if you use her drive attacks just once people still get all pissy about it.[/QUOTE]

I've yet to experience anyone getting pissy with me using Noel. Beyond rage quitting.. most everyone I've played has been either gracious or silent. I haven't gotten a single trash talking follow up message. Which surprise me every day after playing SF4.

I'm working on learning Rachel and Taokaka a bit better, but it's hard to give up Jin and Noel.
I'd also love to meet a good Bang, it seems like no one plays him.

To me, saying "Don't spam D with Noel" is equivalent to saying "Don't chain into throws with Tager".

Spam D if it wins matches. It's not cheap; it's there to be utilized. Good players will find ways to work around and punish it. It's only broken when that can't happen.

You're pretty good Jekki, how do you have your buttons laid out?
This is a fun game, but I don't think I will ever get good.
Maybe if I played it as much as SFIV.

I searched the site and unless I overlooked something
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']You're pretty good Jekki, how do you have your buttons laid out?
This is a fun game, but I don't think I will ever get good.
Maybe if I played it as much as SFIV.[/QUOTE]my buttons are arcade layout A

B C D
A

I wish the game gave u the option to switch upon character select tho, coz I wanna use Carl but I need layout B for him Q_Q

Enjoying the game so far, maining Iron Tager. I've really only played Ranked Match, I have no interest in story-mode or anything like that. I'm learning the game the old-fashioned way.

I'm level 23 with like 35 wins and 28 losses or something like that, I forget.

[quote name='ced']Currently maining Jin as I strive for competency.

The amount of rage quitting I'm experiencing is disappointing me. Rocked a guy's Nu twice on two different days in ranked and he rage quit on me both times as he was about to die. Sucks like hell that I get disconnect marks on my record because he couldn't be a man about taking the loss.[/QUOTE]

Well if he is maining Nu, it's obvious he doesn't like to play fair. I main Hakumen myself, and aside from obviously struggling against decent Nu players because of my lack of range, I have trouble against Noel users. That's mainly because I like to use Hakumen's Drive(the Zanshin counter) and it's difficult against noel. she can hit at any angle, anytime. I'd need to be at all the angles, all the time(5 points if you get that reference).

[quote name='ced']To me, saying "Don't spam D with Noel" is equivalent to saying "Don't chain into throws with Tager".

Spam D if it wins matches. It's not cheap; it's there to be utilized. Good players will find ways to work around and punish it. It's only broken when that can't happen.[/QUOTE]

you have a point there, just like Jin spaming his ice, and Ragna spamming ---> D.

Although both times I played Noel players on rank that is all they did, I lost the first time, and won the second time.

EDIT: Just read this from joystiq review of BlazBlue, "Unless you're playing online, anyway, in which case you could just use v-13 and spam projectiles like everyone else in the world. We asked Aksys about that, and our rep said she was being patched, though there's no timetable on when that patch will go live."

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the game a couple days ago (360) so look me up if you want to go a few rounds. I'm really bad at this though, since I never really got into the Guilty Gear series and have been away from fighters a while. But this has been a lot of fun to learn. Noel is kind of a new favorite now that I figured out what her drive does.

I went online with v-13 and got rocked so hard. This one guy in a player room wiped me all over the floor with his Jin and his buddy was basically chewing him out for being an asshole. Anyway, I need to play with noobs I guess.

I just got this game yesterday and played some today after work. I'm planning to go through story and arcade mode then till I get a little more used to the controles. I have to say that I think I might end up liking this a little more then SFIV. I still need to find a button layout on my arcade stick that I like. I can tell by the way they have all of the controles layed out that it is not set up for a stick. When playing today I had to more the switch on my stick so that the stick worked as the right stick on a controler for the special moves.

game arrived yesterday. using 360 controller (analog stick) with default controls atm (have a fightpad waiting to be opened)

I only tried Ragna so far. beat story mode, trained in training for a while, beat arcade, then went on and 100% story mode.

all game modes were at default difficulty. with that said it was slightly harder than I excepted.

Stroy Mode-Hakumen took a few tries to beat the first time I went through (he was the last enemy path)

Aracade Mode-Jin and v-13 took a while. Jin was a little harder than Hakumen. v-13 was a nightmare. I fought her at least 30 times (probably around 50). I cycled through Ragna's colors at least twice and kept it on a few.

I also gave Score Attack a test. Not so good since I couldn't even take 1 round from Bang. Though I do think the Bang in SA is probably easier to take down than the v-13 in default difficulty in Arcade.

the only "important" attack I can't pull off (without the right stick) is Infereno Divider (the jumping attack that's the SP1 shourtcut). I also have a hard time activating Bloody Kain only doing so once or twice but never able to finish with the DD with the same inputs.

game arrived yesterday. using 360 controller (analog stick) with default controls atm (have a fightpad waiting to be opened)

I only tried Ragna so far. beat story mode, trained in training for a while, beat arcade, then went on to 100% story mode.

all game modes were at default difficulty. with that said it was slightly harder than I excepted since I haven't played many fighters.

Story Mode-Hakumen took a few tries to beat the first time I went through (he was the last enemy for that path)

Aracade Mode-Jin and v-13 took a while. Jin was a little harder than Hakumen. v-13 was a nightmare. I fought her over 30 times (probably around 50). I cycled through Ragna's colors at least twice and kept it on after a while.

I also gave Score Attack a test. Not so good since I couldn't even take 1 round from Bang (rounds were always close). Though I do think the Bang in SA is easier to take down than the v-13 in default difficulty in Arcade.

the only "important" attack I can't pull off (without the right stick) is Inferno Divider (the jumping attack that's the SP1 shourtcut). I also have a hard time activating Bloody Kain only doing so once or twice but never able to finish with the DD with the same inputs.

still the game's fun for now. I'll have to get use to a few characters and test out the fightpad before I go online

How do you get 100% of the story complete in story mode? I played Ragna's story twice now the first time I picked the first option after beating Arakune and only had around 30% completed. I want to say it was 36% and the second time I took the second option and end up with I want to say 73%. Is their another option that I didn't see to get me to 100%?

[quote name='sendme']How do you get 100% of the story complete in story mode? I played Ragna's story twice now the first time I picked the first option after beating Arakune and only had around 30% completed. I want to say it was 36% and the second time I took the second option and end up with I want to say 73%. Is their another option that I didn't see to get me to 100%?[/QUOTE]

It's really pretty annoying getting 100% because you have to lose once against every character. Also, for Ragna's story in the first path the final boss depends on how many distortion finishes you had previously. If you use a distortion finish in all the fights you get one boss, if you get no distortion finishes you get a different boss, and if you get distortion finishes on some and regular finishes on some, then you get a third boss.

yeah there's 4 paths or routes for his story. Picking the second option leasds to one path.
The first option has 3 paths.
Beat everyone with DD, Black Ragna is the last fight.
Some but not all with DD, v-13 or Black Noel (don't remember).
Beat everyone without DD, v-13 or Black Noel.

I hate when game makers make things a pain in the ass like that. I guess I'm done with trying to get 100% for now.

[quote name='sendme']I hate when game makers make things a pain in the ass like that. I guess I'm done with trying to get 100% for now.[/QUOTE]

It may be a pain in the ass, but it's not like there's an achievement tied to it or anything.

Yeah thats true but I would like to get 100% for all of them. However I have found myself going online more now and getting my ass handed to me. I like how the games match making sets up for a level 1 player to fight a level 21. I never did understand why games did that.

Anybody know what the criteria is for getting your GT redmarked? I was thinking it was a 30% disconnect rate compared to your ranked matches based on what I was observing.

However, I noticed that one of the top ranked fighter based on skill has 100% ranked win ratio over 200+ ranked games yet 50+ disconnects doesn't put his/her name in the red. Seems like an obvious rage quitter/record preserver and I'm surprised he/she didn't get marked as such.

Thats what I hate about fighting games online or any game where someone can quit. With FPSs unless they are the host if they drop then no one really cares unless they are on your side. Then that is only because it is one less person on your side.

Just picked up this game and I'm terrible lol. If anyone wants to play on xblive my tag is under my avatar. Feel free to send me a FR.

So I finally caved in and ordered this thing off Amazon. Anyone have any pointers for a first time player of this game, any specific characters I should learn first? I'm not an expert at fighting games by any means and stick mostly to Ryu in SFIV/HDR.

Thanks, was half way tempted to give Ragna a go in the first place.

How's the training mode in this game? All I'm hearing in reviews is how it's "Great!" but no real details. Is it anything like the challenge mode in SFIV, the RPG thing in Alpha 3, or is there just the regular old dummy mode?

I learned more by playing online and watching matches on youtube. Dummy mode helps a lot too.

I noticed a huge lack of drive-spamming Noel players lately.

Played this game over at a friend's house. Loved it. Never was a huge fighting fan, but damn, this game got my attention from the get-go. Decided to buy it from Amazon, because the LE was still available and I had to bite. Ugh, the wait is killing me x__X...

Wow, I actually hate Haku-men. The AI is retarded for him. I can walk through everything else, but can't beat him with ragna or noel. He can take stupid amounts of damage, counters/blocks everything, and hits for like 1/3 of my hp.

kinda stupid/frustrating, much like seth in sf4

Using Noel vs Hakumen is ridiculous. His range is long, damage is really high, and his moves have higher priority than a lot of Noel's. I main Noel and get killed by a lot of Hakumen players.

Just picked this up a few weeks ago. Like many, I've been playing SF4 since launch & this is A LOT different. I really enjoy it, but I definitely have a lot to learn. I'm playing Jin at the moment to get the hang of the game.

Add me on XBLA if you want to play.

[quote name='Ayu255']Using Noel vs Hakumen is ridiculous. His range is long, damage is really high, and his moves have higher priority than a lot of Noel's. I main Noel and get killed by a lot of Hakumen players.[/QUOTE]

you think that's bad, try Taokaka. She has the weakest guard in the game. Literally about 4 or 5 blocked hits from hakumen and her guard break meter is flashing. that and she does no damage and dies in 4 hits.

[quote name='Matt Young']I had never heard of it till a few days ago when countless people started proclaiming it "the best game of this generation". I'm sure it's good, but I doubt it's that good.[/QUOTE]

It's that GOOD. Face it.:roll:

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Everyone is probably too busy playing it to post about it

= p[/QUOTE]

So true. seriously lol.:drool:

[quote name='ninja dog']you think that's bad, try Taokaka. She has the weakest guard in the game. Literally about 4 or 5 blocked hits from hakumen and her guard break meter is flashing. that and she does no damage and dies in 4 hits.[/QUOTE]

I Main Taoaka, Hakumen is a relief for me ha ha ha...scare of Iron Tagers...

Got my 360 back today from repairs and could try out BlazBlue as I got it as a present for my birthday. Will have to figure out how to play it, so used to playing Capcom games.

hella ppl stopped playing this game coz Continuum Shift is already out, which is the revised version of BlazBlue with two additional characters

but Im still down for game. send me a message or friend request whenever.

bread's done
Back