BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thrinn']Is this going to use GGPO?[/QUOTE]

I kind of doubt it. SFIV didn't.
but I guess we'll see.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']might be a nooby question, but what is GGPO? I probably already know what it stands for, but I am thinking tooo hard.[/QUOTE]

Good Game, Peace Out

It is a networking library that game developers can use to add networked gameplay support to arcade style games. -stolen from official site

Basically, sliky smooth fighting games.
capcom kind-of used it for SSF2THDR, sort of. Basically.

Gamestops order system is kind of wacked. I canceled my online order so that I could order another game with it and qualify for the 'saver' coupon (the other game was less than $25 so I needed to pair it with something else for it to work). It won't let me re-order this game because it has a limit of 1 per household and it's still counting my canceled order as my 1 per household. Rather dumb...

[quote name='NDPsycho']Gamestops order system is kind of wacked. I canceled my online order so that I could order another game with it and qualify for the 'saver' coupon (the other game was less than $25 so I needed to pair it with something else for it to work). It won't let me re-order this game because it has a limit of 1 per household and it's still counting my canceled order as my 1 per household. Rather dumb...[/QUOTE]

That's relatively wacky. I pre-ordered back when the artbook was announced, and when the Premium Edition was revealed I pre-ordered another copy just to make super-sure that's the version I get (I know, it is totally nuts, but I'm relatively paranoid when it comes to Gamestop and pre-order stuff). Both of my orders still seem to be in, but I wonder if they will cancel one now.

just put my pre order in today for the PS3 version. I was having a hard time deciding between the PS3 or 360 version, but went with the PS3 because well I guess the blu-ray disc case had me seeing blue (if that makes any sense). I wanted it for 360, but I need to build my PS3 library anyway.

[quote name='SDC']I kind of doubt it. SFIV didn't.
but I guess we'll see.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure I read it is using GGPO in some form.

Edit: Or maybe not. There have been hints dropped on SRK but I can't find any solid confirmation. It's mentioned in this 1up preview but I have no clue what they mean exactly.

I gather from that 1up preview that they won't be using GGPO, but they claim the online will be good anyway. Here's hopin'!

ran into the "one per household" error when i canceled my original order to add another game, wound up calling last night and got one of the rudest csrs I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. He was rather snotty when i asked about placing a re-order. If i had them place an order over the phone i couldn't get free shipping. So if i really wanted the art book, i would either have to go with a phone order ps3 without any discount, or get the 360 version off the site with media mail shipping.

As much as i think the art book would've been great, I'm going with newegg for $56.99 plus free ups 3 day shipping for the 360 version. It's still the premium pack, but i get a better overall discount at newegg.

Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a free shipping option for blazblue?

Dont have the time to read through 14 pages.

The artbook being online exclusive is stupid, you have to pay extra $$$ for shipping and then get the game several days after the release day. Unless you pay through the wazoo for overnight shipping.

[quote name='elebit12']Sorry if this has been asked, but is there a free shipping option for blazblue?

Dont have the time to read through 14 pages.

The artbook being online exclusive is stupid, you have to pay extra $$$ for shipping and then get the game several days after the release day. Unless you pay through the wazoo for overnight shipping.[/quote]

Free shipping code: SAVER

I should probably update the OP with this.

^ Thanks just checked the gamestop website, for free shipping they're probably going to go with the cheapest option. Gamestop shows the value ship time is 5-10 business days, a 1 to 2 week delay for the artbook.:bomb:

[quote name='elebit12']^ Thanks just checked the gamestop website, for free shipping they're probably going to go with the cheapest option. Gamestop shows the value ship time is 5-10 business days, a 1 to 2 week delay for the artbook.:bomb:[/quote]

During GameStop's Game Days sale, I ordered Valkyria Chronicles from their website using the value shipping method -- got the game in about 3 business days.

An extra $4 (tax) for a free art book and guaranteed premium edition? Yes please. Thanks for the deal and coupon codes CAGs.

Just an fyi about SAVER, it looks like it gives an error message when you're at the cart page, but when you proceed to shipping information in check out the value shipping (free) option shows up.

I had emailed GameStop early this week about how it would be shipped and this is what they replied.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
At this point we expect to be shipping this title in a box due to its contents. Coupons used should not affect the packaging. If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best regards,
Bryce Customer Service Agent

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']I had emailed GameStop early this week about how it would be shipped and this is what they replied.

Dear Customer,
At this point we expect to be shipping this title in a box due to its contents. Coupons used should not affect the packaging. If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best regards,
Bryce Customer Service Agent[/QUOTE]

That's great to know. Thanks!

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']I had emailed GameStop early this week about how it would be shipped and this is what they replied.

Dear Customer,
Best regards,
Bryce Customer Service Agent[/QUOTE]

I always pre-order at 2 places I usually get the cheapest price online but most of them ship in envelopes. My RE5 actually came in a box from Amazon but they used an undersized box and the packaging got crushed.

[quote name='earvcunanan']During GameStop's Game Days sale, I ordered Valkyria Chronicles from their website using the value shipping method -- got the game in about 3 business days.[/QUOTE]

Good to know thanks. Those are going to be a long three days.

[quote name='anubis20']I always pre-order at 2 places I usually get the cheapest price online but most of them ship in envelopes. My RE5 actually came in a box from Amazon but they used an undersized box and the packaging got crushed.[/quote]

That's unfortunate.. In my numerous experiences with Amazon, they almost always use boxes with more than enough space for the items, even if the items themselves weren't breakable or anything.

Back on topic.. I'm still undecided about this, cause Guilty Gear was never my thing although I'm a huge fighting game person. Is it wrong that the more I look at the Noel picture on the art book, the more tempted I am to get this though?:whistle2:&

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elebit12']Good to know thanks. Those are going to be a long three days.[/QUOTE]

I live in Texas so when using the value shipping, I still end up getting it in a day. Numerous times, I order it and have it processed at night and later the next day, I get it. Hoping its the same for BlazBlue.

im in California. Value shipping never arrived later than 3 days for me.

I've been waiting for some coupon to come along but now im thinking i should put the order in right away if i want that art book. The book may be more limited than we think and who knows about the game. We know Aksys doesn't make very many copies of their games as it is. Probably best to order now and not risk it like those that waited to pre-order madcatz sticks.

[quote name='DantheApe']ran into the "one per household" error when i canceled my original order to add another game, wound up calling last night and got one of the rudest csrs I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. He was rather snotty when i asked about placing a re-order. If i had them place an order over the phone i couldn't get free shipping. So if i really wanted the art book, i would either have to go with a phone order ps3 without any discount, or get the 360 version off the site with media mail shipping.

As much as i think the art book would've been great, I'm going with newegg for $56.99 plus free ups 3 day shipping for the 360 version. It's still the premium pack, but i get a better overall discount at newegg.[/quote]

I'm not surprised, but my experience worked out ok. The person I spoke to was very nice and put ups ground shipping on the order, and then put in a refund for the amount of shipping. The result, at least for me, was free ground shipping on my phone order that matched what the 'saver' coupon would have given. I guess it really depends on who you end up getting. I would have just hung up and tried again with a different rep.

The artbook is a GameStop exclusive. Has the special edition Mana "potion" exclusive from GameCrazy been posted? Sorry to be a nublet and not sift through 14 pages. Forgive me oh forum Gods. :]

blazbluepotion.jpg

Limited quantity, pre-orders only.

[quote name='Tigresa']The artbook is a GameStop exclusive. Has the special edition Mana "potion" exclusive from GameCrazy been posted? Sorry to be a nublet and not sift through 14 pages. Forgive me oh forum Gods. :]

blazbluepotion.jpg

Limited quantity, pre-orders only.[/quote]
It has- apparently, the only "exclusive" part about it is the box for the drink...

What is GS' exchange policy like if the LE box is damaged during shipping? Do they cross ship a replacement or only send out after they receive the damaged one back?

Do they pay for return shipping too? If not, it's rather easy to return it to the store, I think. However, any dollar off coupon used on it (eg., the $10 compensation coupon) will be lost. Would they replace the coupon seeing that it's not our fault to return a damaged order, right? I got the $10 coupon but am weary to use it on this order since I got no fond memory of their packing practice.

[quote name='eau']What is GS' exchange policy like if the LE box is damaged during shipping? Do they cross ship a replacement or only send out after they receive the damaged one back?[/QUOTE]

I don't know that they really have an exchange policy. I emailed them about how to do an exchange once and they told me to just write "Return for Exchange" on the packing slip and send it back, but they just sent me a gift card.

[quote name='NDPsycho']I'm not surprised, but my experience worked out ok. The person I spoke to was very nice and put ups ground shipping on the order, and then put in a refund for the amount of shipping. The result, at least for me, was free ground shipping on my phone order that matched what the 'saver' coupon would have given. I guess it really depends on who you end up getting. I would have just hung up and tried again with a different rep.[/QUOTE]

Frankly, I was expecting better from gamestop. I know i should have either tried again or gotten a supervisor but it wasn't worth the trouble. I know what it's like to work call center (in fact, I'm working at one right now) so I do know there are bad csrs and there are good ones, but a bad experience is a bad experience.

Still, saving $3 off the title, and then free 3 day shipping is a pretty decent deal at newegg for the xbox 360 version.

[quote name='eau']What is GS' exchange policy like if the LE box is damaged during shipping? Do they cross ship a replacement or only send out after they receive the damaged one back?

Do they pay for return shipping too? If not, it's rather easy to return it to the store, I think. However, any dollar off coupon used on it (eg., the $10 compensation coupon) will be lost. Would they replace the coupon seeing that it's not our fault to return a damaged order, right? I got the $10 coupon but am weary to use it on this order since I got no fond memory of their packing practice.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about exchanges to the site, but with a packing slip you can return the item in-store with no problem at all. However, like most retailers, you probably wouldn't get the coupon back or get reimbursed for the value of the coupon (as they always say that a coupon's value is 1/100th of a cent, and such).
I'd say if you are worried about having to return it, order it without the coupon.

Actually, GS has a pretty good exchange policy. If the item is damaged in transit, just call the 1-800 customer service number and they will typically send you a new one out right away. They will also e-mail you a pre-paid return label. The only problem I have had with their policy in the past is that they don't seem to learn from packing mistakes, so it is possible to get an equally damaged one the second time around.

I don't normall play figters online,does this game have any other modes for 1p besides Arcade mode ? Some games will have a mode where you can build up your fighter (Tekken or VF) or something wierd like SC3 did,which really helps the longevitiy of the game.

i really would like this for the 360 for achievements, but the d-pad is so abysmal on that thing that it would not be worth it. does any one know of an aftermarket 360 controller with a good d-pad?

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I don't normall play figters online,does this game have any other modes for 1p besides Arcade mode ? Some games will have a mode where you can build up your fighter (Tekken or VF) or something wierd like SC3 did,which really helps the longevitiy of the game.[/QUOTE]

I know there will be a story mode, which is rumored to be pretty long. But why wouldn't you play this online? The longevity of the game will be as long as you want it to, if you are interested in fighting stronger opponents than yourself and improving your game.

[quote name='shouamabane']I don't see the art book listed on GS anymore.[/quote]
:shock: good point! i was on the fence for this game... art book is the only driving force and now it's gone :shock:

question for those ordered before the art book info disappeared, does your order confirmation states ART BOOK somewhere? If not, i think you got something to worry about...

[quote name='Serpentor']:shock: good point! i was on the fence for this game... art book is the only driving force and now it's gone :shock:

question for those ordered before the art book info disappeared, does your order confirmation states ART BOOK somewhere? If not, i think you got something to worry about...[/quote]

my confirmation only says BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack. But if im not getting the artbook i'll return it as soon as i buy it (got in store shipping) and just get it from amazon since i have the eca 10% discount.

Yeah, like many here, the only reason I ordered from GameStop instead of Amazon was for the art book, and if that's gone, I'm either canceling my order before it ships or returning it to the store for a full refund (since there was free shipping anyway).

[quote name='DantheApe']now i don't feel as bad about not calling gamestop back. Looks like they may have run out of their allotment.[/quote]

Or canceled the Artbook bonus like with Street Fighter IV? I hope not, but you never know.

My order does list the artbook, though it is backordered. However, previous experience with EB/GS reminds me that backordered is always the status they list for pre-order bonus items.

bread's done
Back