BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think the artbook is just not available anymore, in that case I think Newegg is the better deal especially if you live in NY. You pay tax on amazon order but not on Newegg orders. So I'd be paying 57 from Newegg and 65 from Amazon and 65+ shipping at GS.

[quote name='SDC']My order does list the artbook, though it is backordered. However, previous experience with EB/GS reminds me that backordered is always the status they list for pre-order bonus items.[/quote]
Cool, that's a relief. My order also shows the artbook so I think we will be just fine. If not, a simple refund from GS and purchase from Amazon will be necessary.

[quote name='SDC']My order does list the artbook, though it is backordered. However, previous experience with EB/GS reminds me that backordered is always the status they list for pre-order bonus items.[/quote]

May I ask when you placed your order?
My order was in on April 24. and does not mention anything about the artbook... only that it is the "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack"

[quote name='wasabi5858']May I ask when you placed your order?
My order was in on April 24. and does not mention anything about the artbook... only that it is the "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack"[/QUOTE]

April 21st. My order lists two items

Blazblue calamity Trigger Pre-PS3
Premium, Aksys Artbook

My order was in on April 24. and does not mention anything about the artbook... only that it is the "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack"[/quote]

Login through Gamestop.com and check your Order History. It should be there.

My order was in on April 24. and does not mention anything about the artbook... only that it is the "BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack"[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you should have it listed on your order, cause I just ordered about 20 hours ago, just in time before they removed the art book bonus, and it does show up for me on my account orders.

Ah thanks guy. I only checked my email confirmation and not the online order info.
It IS listed as part of the order when I check it online.

thanks again guys!

[quote name='ctrek3']i really would like this for the 360 for achievements, but the d-pad is so abysmal on that thing that it would not be worth it. does any one know of an aftermarket 360 controller with a good d-pad?[/QUOTE]

Just buy one of the SFIV fightpads--it makes all fighters glorious :)

Edit: Wow, that's pretty shocking about the artbook already selling out--maybe it'll actually be somewhat rare? Glad I pre-ordered :)

[quote name='lortiz9490']Yeah I think the artbook is just not available anymore, in that case I think Newegg is the better deal especially if you live in NY. You pay tax on amazon order but not on Newegg orders. So I'd be paying 57 from Newegg and 65 from Amazon and 65+ shipping at GS.[/quote]

true, but Newegg got no PS3 version for some reason...

anybody order one now (w/o the artbook displayed) and still getting artbook listed in the order history?

i just want to see if GS order system is actually counting the # orders to allocate the artbooks... If that's the case, the artbook is very limited.

[quote name='Serpentor']anybody order one now (w/o the artbook displayed) and still getting artbook listed in the order history?

i just want to see if GS order system is actually counting the # orders to allocate the artbooks... If that's the case, the artbook is very limited.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you place an order, find out, cancel it, and report back to us? :)

Okay. I just called the GS customer service number and this is what they (a supervisor) told me-->paraphrased, of course:

"We are trying to contact the manufacturer about this issue. The pre-order bonus is for online orders only, however, there either maybe a limited supply of the bonus, and therefore will only go to the customers who pre-ordered first, or an actual manufacturing concern with that item supplied by the) manufacturer. (We) were unaware that the bonus was not shown anymore on the webiste, but please check back with us later for an update."

The girl I originally spoke to put me on hold for about 5-10 mins. and the supervisor spoke to me about it. (Thank god I have a phone recorder.) ;) I plan on calling back every day until I get a solid answer from them. *fingers crossed*

So, from what I gather from this, even though I pre-ordered my copy online 2 days ago, I might not even get the artbook depending on how limited the supply is, or if they pulled the artbook as a pre-order altogether. ARRHHHH!!!.....sniffle...sniffle....:cry: Let down by GS again.

Thanks for calling.

I might call as well. The more calls they get about it, the more likely they'll come up with an answer sooner.

[quote name='SDC']My order does list the artbook, though it is backordered. However, previous experience with EB/GS reminds me that backordered is always the status they list for pre-order bonus items.[/QUOTE]

Mine shows backordered as well, now im just wondering if its worth the extra $10 to buy from GS over amazon.

[quote name='KisukeChan']Okay. I just called the GS customer service number and this is what they (a supervisor) told me-->paraphrased, of course:

"We are trying to contact the manufacturer about this issue. The pre-order bonus is for online orders only, however, there either maybe a limited supply of the bonus, and therefore will only go to the customers who pre-ordered first, or an actual manufacturing concern with that item supplied by the) manufacturer. (We) were unaware that the bonus was not shown anymore on the webiste, but please check back with us later for an update."

The girl I originally spoke to put me on hold for about 5-10 mins. and the supervisor spoke to me about it. (Thank god I have a phone recorder.) ;) I plan on calling back every day until I get a solid answer from them. *fingers crossed*

So, from what I gather from this, even though I pre-ordered my copy online 2 days ago, I might not even get the artbook depending on how limited the supply is, or if they pulled the artbook as a pre-order altogether. ARRHHHH!!!.....sniffle...sniffle....:cry: Let down by GS again.[/QUOTE]

They haven't pulled the artbook as a pre-order item, as it is still listed on people's orders. I don't think you need to bug them every day about it, the game won't even ship til the end of next month.

[quote name='SDC']They haven't pulled the artbook as a pre-order item, as it is still listed on people's orders. I don't think you need to bug them every day about it, the game won't even ship til the end of next month.[/quote]

I don't think it'd be the end of the world to keep tabs on it. Gamestop.com has canceled entire orders and parts of orders without any word/explanation to the consumer before.

[quote name='SDC']They haven't pulled the artbook as a pre-order item, as it is still listed on people's orders. I don't think you need to bug them every day about it, the game won't even ship til the end of next month.[/quote]

I actually don't intend on calling everyday, just maybe 4-5 times in the next month just so I can get an update on it, but I'm sure I'll get answer to all this by next week. My pre-order shows "backordered" too, but GS has been known to ship without the pre-order. I had a similar experience when I pre-ordered Phoenix Wright and never got my dinky keychain plushie.

BTW: Gamecrazy has this for pre-order in their system @ $49.99 for both systems, but they said that price is not guaranteed until the date of release.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Why don't you place an order, find out, cancel it, and report back to us? :)[/quote]

i'm going to... just that if someone already did it, then i don't have to :)

but yeah, thanks KisukeChan's new info, we'll see how this plays out. Seriously, if no art book, i don't see why anyone want to order from GS. Even with Amazon's tax, it's still cheaper.

[quote name='GuardianE']I don't think it'd be the end of the world to keep tabs on it. Gamestop.com has canceled entire orders and parts of orders without any word/explanation to the consumer before.[/quote]

come on, nobody is keep tabs with GS :) relax, just that the more you know, the better the outcome will be. Being a CAG is save a buck or two, but also come out as a winner.

anyhow, up till yesterday (or this morning), the art book was still displayed with the game, which means all good. You pre-order from GS, you get what you see. But the rule of the game has changed... So, either you pre-ordered from two places (GS and Amazon say), your earlier plan failed. Personally, i hate this sort of situation.
#1, it makes you want the art book more
#2, it makes you worry that if the art book is a real deal
#3, new pre-order plan...

[quote name='chibamm'].....It's just an artbook. Go buy some manga :)[/quote]
you really don't know a collectors mentality do you? this, if truly rare, would be worth more in value to us then the game itself.

[quote name='mythus']you really don't know a collectors mentality do you? this, if truly rare, would be worth more in value to us then the game itself.[/quote]

:lol: Sad, but true.

[quote name='Japakneez']im in California. Value shipping never arrived later than 3 days for me.

I've been waiting for some coupon to come along but now im thinking i should put the order in right away if i want that art book. The book may be more limited than we think and who knows about the game. We know Aksys doesn't make very many copies of their games as it is. Probably best to order now and not risk it like those that waited to pre-order madcatz sticks.[/quote]

i jinxed it :shock:

My artwork is listed as well but on pre-order, i ordered sunday morning. BTW my shipping says UPS Ground - Media Mail Upgrade, is that actually UPS ground or that UPS innovations crap

[quote name='mythus']you really don't know a collectors mentality do you? this, if truly rare, would be worth more in value to us then the game itself.[/quote]

First, take a deep breath and relax yourself.
Second, my comment was very sarcastic.
Third, "I don't know a collectors mentality?" I'm on the CAG forum buddy, I think that qualifies me as being nerdy enough to know a collectors mentality, I am a collector myself and know what it feels like.
Fourth, I think I love you.

[quote name='anubis20']My artwork is listed as well but on pre-order, i ordered sunday morning. BTW my shipping says UPS Ground - Media Mail Upgrade, is that actually UPS ground or that UPS innovations crap[/QUOTE]

It's the UPS innovations crap.

And my artbook is backordered. If I don't get the artbook, I'm returning this order and keeping my Amazon order.

Dammit, I had to return a damaged item to GameStop.com, and I was going to use the gift card to pick this up and it takes forever for them to send it out and now I don't get an artbook. Worst part is I can't even get in on any other deals, as without the gift card I wouldn't be able to afford this game at all.

[quote name='Vinny']It's the UPS innovations crap.

And my artbook is backordered. If I don't get the artbook, I'm returning this order and keeping my Amazon order.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, backordered is the standard listing for all pre-order items.

I couldn't check mine online, since I had to place a phone order. I called to see if the artbook had been added to my phone order and it has been. Kind of a relief. I had the same thought as everyone else. Without the book, I'd just get it some where else.

No reply from GS yet, but since most of the people here have an artbook listed on their invoice, and I don't, it seems like I'm SOL on this special deal. Sigh, Might as well just get it from amazon then.

[quote name='theloserboy']No reply from GS yet, but since most of the people here have an artbook listed on their invoice, and I don't, it seems like I'm SOL on this special deal. Sigh, Might as well just get it from amazon then.[/quote]

Did you try to check online from gamestop.com's account page? I looked at my order confirmation email and it wasn't there but the artbook is there when I check the order online.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']If you preorder now do you still get the artbook? I dont' see it listed on there any where.[/quote]

Don't see it there myself either. Looks like it's gone.

Mine also says backordered for the artbook but at least it is listed. I just read the posts above mine stating that all their online orders for pre-order bonuses say backordered.

I sure am glad that I decided to order it early last week so that I hopefully get the art book :)

That fucking sucks that they took the art book down as a pre-order bonus. I am guessing that it will end up being pretty valuable if they ran out and the demand seems this high for it.

[quote name='shogun316']Don't see it there myself either. Looks like it's gone.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. I was going to wait to pre-order to see if Amazon got the book as well, but ended up placing a Gamestop pre-order just after midnight last night. My invoice shows the premium art book, so I must have juuuust made it.

I just pre-ordered Blazblue yesterday (I wish I ordered it sooner), and it my artbook is listed but also states it is back ordered.

So as I'd like to order this from Amazon now that the artbook is gone, is the two CD version that is in the picture on the Gamestop site the one that everyone is getting, or is that exclusive to Gamestop as well?

[quote name='Theros']So as I'd like to order this from Amazon now that the artbook is gone, is the two CD version that is in the picture on the Gamestop site the one that everyone is getting, or is that exclusive to Gamestop as well?[/quote]

Gamecrazy, Amazon, and Gamestop are listed so those are safe bets

Well, to those who pre-ordered before today -- you're most likely going to get the artbook. It looks like GameStop isn't offering it for now...

[quote name='ify15']REally, those are uplifting words (to some), but how can you be sure?[/quote]

Well, according to some CAGs on here -- GameStop online screwed them over certain artbooks that you were supposed to get by pre-ordering. A quick call with a GameStop rep could fix that, it seems. I'm not 100% certain if everyone who pre-ordered before today will get an artbook or not, especially since GameStop online seems to be a hit or miss when it comes to these things.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Well, according to some CAGs on here -- GameStop online screwed them over certain artbooks that you were supposed to get by pre-ordering. A quick call with a GameStop rep could fix that, it seems. I'm not 100% certain if everyone who pre-ordered before today will get an artbook or not, especially since GameStop online seems to be a hit or miss when it comes to these things.[/QUOTE]

I know when they shipped my Mirror's Edge without the Runner's Bag I was able to get one pretty easily.

[quote name='Haggar']Holy crap. I was going to wait to pre-order to see if Amazon got the book as well, but ended up placing a Gamestop pre-order just after midnight last night. My invoice shows the premium art book, so I must have juuuust made it.[/quote]
AGHHHH!! I almost did it last night, but I was trying to get to bed. :cry:

bread's done
Back