BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't received anything saying my order was cancelled, but for some reason the charge on my account has disappeared and the money has been refunded. I was charged on Friday, and the order shipped out yesterday, so I don't know what the deal is. The order says closed on GS's website, and both items say shipped and a tracking number is given, so I don't know what the deal is.

[quote name='wcngu1']gamestop cancelled my order and now i had to reorder and lost my art book =( anyone not really wanting their book willing to give it away? would really appreciate it and will pay for all shipping costs =) this was a gift for a friend's bday and the artbook would have really topped it off for him.

please pm me if you are able to ;)[/QUOTE]
Order from somewhere else if you can't get the artbook. Why'd they cancel the order anyway?

[quote name='Haggar']That's what they do. My friend was a manager at a Gamestop, and the DM would make them put all extra copies of any "big" game under the counter, and threatened to fire any employee that sold non-reserved copies the first day.

When a person walked in off the street looking for it, the employees were to ask "did you pre-order it?" and when they said no, the employees would say "You should have pre-ordered. We're all sold out. If you had pre-ordered it would have guaranteed you a copy. Come back tomorrow, we should get another shipment."

And if you went back the next day, then they would sell you a copy. This was to plant the "seed" that unless you preorder (and raise the quotas for the DM) then you wouldn't get the game the day it came out.[/QUOTE]

It is stuff like this that makes me take my business elsewhere.

Yea, I'll miss out on some cool goodies like an artbook, but that's just the price I pay.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Order from somewhere else if you can't get the art book. Why'd they cancel the order anyway?[/QUOTE]

for some reason my credit card was rejected... so they just canceled it! i wish they would have told me so that i could have used a different credit card straight away and keep my art book order =( totally devastated.....

Was able to get in on 3 of these......JUICE!!!!

Darn, one got canceled......=/....GAMESTOP, ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='danny8k']at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Yah, Gamestop, that's the only place that has these bundled with the Artbook, everywhere else only has the bonus CD's......cover looks freaking amazing, artist -> Super Talented, that's for sure.

Ugh, just picked up my pre-order. When I asked about the artbook (I preordered 4/27, before the "cut-off" date), the GS employee denied any artbook existed. He then suggested that "it's probably an online-only artbook" because "it's happened before". Haha...

[quote name='evilpotatoguy']Ugh, just picked up my pre-order. When I asked about the artbook (I preordered 4/27, before the "cut-off" date), the GS employee denied any artbook existed. He then suggested that "it's probably an online-only artbook" because "it's happened before". Haha...[/QUOTE]

It was always listed as an online pre-order bonus. The website specifically said they wouldn't be any art books at retail stores.

Anyone found this anywhere else? I've been looking at BestBuy so I could kill some RZ certs. They have it listed as coming out tomorrow, and their computers said they have 4 "on order" but none in stock. Anyone had anymore luck?

Does anyone know if Best Buy is getting this game today, or am I waiting until tomorrow?

The website has the 360 version as 6/30, the PS3 version as 7/1, however it's not listing the 360 version as available for in store pick up as of 2 pm.

[quote name='rifle21']Anyone found this anywhere else? I've been looking at BestBuy so I could kill some RZ certs. They have it listed as coming out tomorrow, and their computers said they have 4 "on order" but none in stock. Anyone had anymore luck?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing.

Website has the 360 one set to drop today, but none of the stores are available for in store pickup yet.

[quote name='Haggar']It was always listed as an online pre-order bonus. The website specifically said they wouldn't be any art books at retail stores.[/QUOTE]

Not true. It was listed both online and store pick-up bonus as well(at least when I placed order 2-3 months ago). I also asked GS employee who said they should get artbook for pre-orders. Thank God I didn't fell for that as I was already burned by their denial of existence of SFIV artbook. By the way, anyone got thier SFIV artbook that GS advertised with pre-orders?

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']Not true. It was listed both online and store pick-up bonus as well(at least when I placed order 2-3 months ago). I also asked GS employee who said they should get artbook for pre-orders. Thank God I didn't fell for that as I was already burned by their denial of existence of SFIV artbook. By the way, anyone got thier SFIV artbook that GS advertised with pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

The BlazBlue artbook was never listed as in-store. When it first showed up, the little blurb talked about how they were never sending it to stores. I HAVE seen in-store advertisements talking about getting an artbook in-store, however, but this was a complete contradiction to the online only message on Gamestop.com.

The Street Fighter IV artbook was canceled (taken off the site) months before release... it was replaced by a headband. There is no SF4 preorder artbook.

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']Not true. It was listed both online and store pick-up bonus as well(at least when I placed order 2-3 months ago).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I remember reading, too. Too bad the Gamestop.com phone rep I spoke with had been telling lots of people 'tough luck' all day, from the tone she used.

Ah well... I'll just pick up the game again later, not a big deal.

ugh bit the bullet and got a copy today. This one is to play and the one from GS.com will be kept sealed since the 2nd print run is already coming next month. My GS got 2 extras on 360 and 3 on PS3.

Can't wait to play this after softball tonight. :)

Wait, so if you ordered online, as required for getting the artbook ... but had it sent to the store instead of your address, you don't get the artbook?

That'll get my BlazBlue AND KOFXII orders canceled real quick.

I'd originally put the item into my cart on the 28th of May, but only checked out last week (24th or so, after the artbook was taken down from the page) since when I went to the cart it showed the artbook. Very happy to report both the artbook and the game showed up today :)

Well done GameStop, well done!

[quote name='0x15e']Wait, so if you ordered online, as required for getting the artbook ... but had it sent to the store instead of your address, you don't get the artbook?

That'll get my BlazBlue AND KOFXII orders canceled real quick.[/QUOTE]

You had to have it shipped to your house. Shipping to the store is the equivalent of ordering in store

[quote name='jacknicklson']You had to have it shipped to your house. Shipping to the store is the equivalent of ordering in store[/QUOTE]It's nice how they warn you about that when you're selecting your shipping destination. :roll:

Oh well, looks like I'm buying those from somewhere else.

my tracking just updated, won't be getting until 7/2, i might go buy one at the store and return the other one when I receive it, I'm dying to play BB

I'm hearing that people who pre-ordered and chose in-store pickup aren't getting their artbooks? Anyone else experience this?

[quote name='Binkley']I'm hearing that people who pre-ordered and chose in-store pickup aren't getting their artbooks? Anyone else experience this?[/QUOTE]

Only gamestop.com orders were eligible for the artbook. I'm pretty sure the website mentioned it, because I was originally going to do in store pickup, but since it said I wasn't going to get the artbook with in-store pick up, I just let them ship it to me.

[quote name='2&2']Argh...Amazon pre-order still unchanged. What's up?[/QUOTE]
Hmm, same here. Did Amazon's shipment get hijacked? :cry:

This game is awesome. Lots of moves great cast of fighters and a sweet story mode make this game worth 60 bucks. Im going to pick up a sealed copy gor the collection.

I did not get my artbook. It did NOT mention it on the website, because that's one thing I checked before I did order it, as I even went to the store and asked the guy working if I would get the art book if I did in store pick up and he said yes they usually get everything. I can't even find mention of the art book on gamestops site anymore. Arksys official site mentions the artbook, and it says PICK UP IN STORE in red on the side.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/05/07/blazblue-gamestop-online-preorder-bonus/

Did GS ship it in a box or an padded mailer? My UPS tracking page indicates a 1 LB weight which is too little a weight for the LE + artbook + carton box. I'm starting to worry.

[quote name='Kirrus']I did not get my artbook. It did NOT mention it on the website, because that's one thing I checked before I did order it, as I even went to the store and asked the guy working if I would get the art book if I did in store pick up and he said yes they usually get everything. I can't even find mention of the art book on gamestops site anymore. Arksys official site mentions the artbook, and it says PICK UP IN STORE in red on the side.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/05/07/blazblue-gamestop-online-preorder-bonus/[/QUOTE]

That's a screen grab of gamestop.com. It mentions pre-ordering & picking it up in-store, which means for the game. But at the top of the blurb, it says the art book is online only.

Confusing maybe, but as I said earlier I was going to do in store pickup but noticed the website said I would only get the art book for orders shipped to your address.

[quote name='eau']Did GS ship it in a box or an padded mailer? My UPS tracking page indicates a 1 LB weight which is too little a weight for the LE + artbook + carton box. I'm starting to worry.[/QUOTE]

It came in a large box with a large bag of air. The game is in excellent condition, but the artbook is slightly warped. No creases, just warped. I will place it between two heavy books and it should be fine.

EDIT: The artbook is 31 pages. Pretty nice. 8 1/2 x 11 in size.

DOUBLE EDIT: The artbook consists of two-page spreads for each character showing concept art and final drawings. There is a two-page spread with one illustration and a story of the game. There are 4 other pages - 3 with full official art spreads and 1 with a bunch of SD images.

[quote name='thelonepig']It came in a large box with a large bag of air. The game is in excellent condition, but the artbook is slightly warped. No creases, just warped. I will place it between two heavy books and it should be fine.

EDIT: The artbook is 31 pages. Pretty nice. 8 1/2 x 11 in size.[/QUOTE]
Does you UPS tracking page also say a 1 LB weight?

[quote name='dualedge2']Amazon's BlazBlue game page has an update and this is probably why it's still unchanged:

In stock on July 2, 2009.

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-Limited-Xbox-360/dp/B001W6JFM0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246403712&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cala..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246403712&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

True, but sometimes the release date they show goes wonky the day of a listed release and it actually ships, at least for pre-orders.

I wouldn't worry about what the weight says. I frequently have to ship out stuff at my job and I'm usually just too lazy to pick up/weigh the package before I send it out since it's required on my shipment info. The only reason the shipping company asks is to see if it's 80+ pounds or something to that effect.

[quote name='eau']Does you UPS tracking page also say a 1 LB weight?[/QUOTE]

all ups packages under 1 lb say 1lb. even if it's 1 oz.

How is the game so far? My gamestop called tonight to let me know it was in, but I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow after work.

Where does Amazon typically ship from? Is their free shipping via UPS? I currently have my order for BlazBlue LE + an Akuma Fightpad with 1-day shipping. If their free shipping is through UPS and they ship it from say, Pennsylvania or some other state close to New Jersey I'd probably get it the next day.

bread's done
Back