BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mine today, But the artbook is bend. I doubt they will replace it, any suggestions?
I tried the old "squeezing it in between a ton of books move" but it did not work.

I just came back from GameStop and replaced it without a hitch. I'm not going to trip over the artwork because to be honest I like the idea of having it more than admiring it. I have the artbooks of Fallout, MGS4, GTAIV, AssCreed, and probably others and have never taken good long looks at them. Besides the tear isn't that bad anyway. I'm not going to call and waste my time over something I probably won't care about in a few weeks time.

Well I called GameStop, and the guy was very nice, and said he was going to have another shipped out. Hopefully it will come soon.
Man I should have done this for the Amazon Persona 4 artbook that came in bent....

[quote name='MasterWolf']Well I called GameStop, and the guy was very nice, and said he was going to have another shipped out. Hopefully it will come soon.
Man I should have done this for the Amazon Persona 4 artbook that came in bent....[/QUOTE]
Another artbook? I emailed them and they told me they didn't have any to replace it. :( Mine has a small tear on the back cover.. and the box it shipped was fine, so it was ripped when they packaged/sent it. ._.

@ that eBay auction... Wow! That is insane. o_o I wish mine wasn't a little damaged, otherwise I would be tempted to put it up for auction. I doubt it would go for much with a 1" or so tear in the back cover. stupid gamestop *shakes fist*

I never email them, it is always better to talk to a live person because it is easier for them to bs in an email.

[quote name='nekobi']Another artbook? I emailed them and they told me they didn't have any to replace it. :( Mine has a small tear on the back cover.. and the box it shipped was fine, so it was ripped when they packaged/sent it. ._.
[/QUOTE]

My Gamestop order arrived today. It was shipped in a box, with very little packing material but the game and artbook are *mint*. No creases, bends or tears. I'm surprised how big it is and how high quality it is. I was expecting a thin pamphlet about the size of a comic book, if not smaller.

I'm pretty happy. Althought it's tempting to put the artbook on eBay right now. It would probably pay for the game itself.

Wow, after my order from Amazon being in shipping soon for nearly 24 hours, they just shipped it next day saver so I'll have it tomorrow! Pretty cool! (except I have been tempted to leave this one sealed and wait for the regular edition to get cheap to actually play it, since it seems like this will be fairly rare due to the high demand..)

Still wish I would've noticed all the hype about this game when the artbook was still available, though. (Although it looks like a crapshoot as to the condition it arrived in-- I'd bitch up a storm at Gamestop to give you some sort of credit if it arrived in bad condition!)

I've wanted this game since it was announced. I just couldnt set aside enough funds until a few weeks before release, and by the time I did place an order, the next few days they pulled the artbook. Of course, contacting GS gave me "First Come first serve" so I canceled. Right now I'm waiting for some Amazon credit to pick it up there.

Hmm apparently Gamestop also upgraded my shipping to 3 day select which is pretty awesome. I would be pretty excited if I wasn't out of town right now :bomb:. Hope I actually get the artbook and get it in mint condition.

Too all of you still waiting for it, I'm not sure if this'll help but: It's soooooooo worth the wait. Enjoy.

P.P. (Post post): Is there a thread for CAGs playing this on PS3?

I finally got to open the package... and while the game is fine (other than the shrinkwrap not being on all the way around, the artbook arrived in very crappy condition.

Whoever packaged basically stuck the artbook in the box at a angle and filled up the box with bubble wrap.. so during transit, the game was basically pounding on the artbook. There's a huge crease right through the middle.:whistle2:?

[quote name='Link927']I've wanted this game since it was announced. I just couldnt set aside enough funds until a few weeks before release, and by the time I did place an order, the next few days they pulled the artbook. Of course, contacting GS gave me "First Come first serve" so I canceled. Right now I'm waiting for some Amazon credit to pick it up there.[/QUOTE]

Waiting for my Amazon credit too. I *think* I got in on the 50% off deal since I traded in Persona 4 x2 for $27 a piece (Persona 4 was a trade-in of the day at Amazon). Gonna use the 50% off on BlazBlue and use part of the funds to pay for the rest :D

It seems like the PS3 version is already sold out at both Gamestop.com and Amazon.com.

Hopefully they will get more LE in. If not, it's might really be limited.

I got BlazBlue in today as well. I am so glad I went outside to get the box as soon as UPS left because it was pouring outside soon after. Here in Florida, it has pretty much been raining for the past month almost everyday. So much for the sunshine state lol!!

The packaging was kind of crappy, but luckily the game and the artbook were in perfect condition. If I had been a few minutes late it would have been a paper blob. I almost bought it from another website as well for a few bucks cheaper. Glad I didn't.

This is starting to remind me of the Street Fighter 4 PS3 Special Edition because it was sold out at many place as well.

[quote name='AzSiDe']For those who did get the artbook, is the front cover page 1 and the back cover page 32?[/QUOTE]
Yep, that is correct.

got mine in earlier today. game fine. no probs there. artbook wasnt torn or creased, just bent on the bottom right corner. maybe if i leave it under a heavy item it will straighten out. sorry to everyone else who got a damged book. call GS and if your lucky you'll maybe get a new one. GL to those who call ask for one.

Got my copy today from B&M GS. Man, is this game big change from SFIV. My eyes can barely keep up. I'll give it more time to get use to the difference. Still a good game none the less.

[quote name='Squall_L_FF8']

Yep, that is correct.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. One more question....when does the controller vibrate? I made sure I had the vibrate option on. I have the ps3 version, by the way.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Got my copy today from B&M GS. Man, is this game big change from SFIV. My eyes can barely keep up. I'll give it more time to get use to the difference. Still a good game none the less.[/QUOTE]
Haha, I'm expecting to be so slow when I get this game after all the SF4 I played. Especially since I haven't played Guilty Gear in well over a year.

Update on my Amazon order. Just checked the tracking, they did upgrade me to one-day shipping. Game is at the FedEx facility in the city next to mine about to be shipped out! In time for the long weekend! God, I hope I get off early today :bouncy: (yay, probationary period of a new job. No vacation time until its over :cry:)

Ah man, I'm not huge on fighters but this game is glorious. I adore the visuals, and the presentation is top notch. Hoping to get good enough to go online eventually...

Just picked the game. This is how limited edition games should be. First printing and only worth 59.99.

Have a question though: Is the artbook only for people who pre-ordered online? Alot of places around me did not receive the art book.

[quote name='Masquerade']Just picked the game. This is how limited edition games should be. First printing and only worth 59.99.

Have a question though: Is the artbook only for people who pre-ordered online? Alot of places around me did not receive the art book.[/QUOTE]
I agree. I wish more limited editions were merely the 1st print and at 59.99 price.

[quote name='pjb16']I agree. I wish more limited editions were merely the 1st print and at 59.99 price.[/QUOTE]

IMO this limited edition outdid SFIV CE even with the figure.

[quote name='anubis20']IMO this limited edition outdid SFIV CE even with the figure.[/QUOTE]

Well, for one this LE is the same price while the SFIV was more.

[quote name='AzSiDe']Thanks. One more question....when does the controller vibrate? I made sure I had the vibrate option on. I have the ps3 version, by the way.[/QUOTE]

As far as I have seen, the controller only vibrates when you get a quick match in online games. I haven't found any other instances.

[quote name='Traitorious']Haha, I'm expecting to be so slow when I get this game after all the SF4 I played. Especially since I haven't played Guilty Gear in well over a year.

Update on my Amazon order. Just checked the tracking, they did upgrade me to one-day shipping. Game is at the FedEx facility in the city next to mine about to be shipped out! In time for the long weekend! God, I hope I get off early today :bouncy: (yay, probationary period of a new job. No vacation time until its over :cry:)[/QUOTE]

One of the "new" things I hate about Amazon: they use a service of FedEx called "FedEx SmartPost". Wish they would just go directly through USPS. SmartPost uses USPS in the end anyways. It'd be faster to have the package go directly to them instead.

I just picked up my copy at BB today. So far I'm liking it. I have a really noob question that I've tried searching for the answer to online and found various responses. So I figured I'd ask here.

So I have the hori tekken 5 arcade stick for PS2 is there any way to use that on the ps3? Do the controller converters work for it? I can't even begin to afford another arcade stick. Thanks!

[quote name='anubis20']IMO this limited edition outdid SFIV CE even with the figure.[/QUOTE]
Agree completely.

This LE bests SFIV's because the extra contents are very well focused. You can actually use them, instead of SFIV's where you listen to the soundtrack for 4 minutes before realizing it's awful, download the DLC and never use it(because it's the worst pack), let the DVD and comic gather dust & pose the Viper figure like it's punching a Rabbid from Rayman.

They played to the appeal of the game without going in the "gimmicky crap" direction. You can actually use the DVD to get better at the game and the soundtrack CD's are actually worth listening to. The fact that it's a free upgrade to early adopters only sweetens the deal.

[quote name='Masquerade']Just picked the game. This is how limited edition games should be. First printing and only worth 59.99.

Have a question though: Is the artbook only for people who pre-ordered online? Alot of places around me did not receive the art book.[/QUOTE]

I bought this game at Fry's yesterday. Out of curiosity, I went to Gamestop today and the guys there told me the art book was a Gamestop.com exclusive, and one of the workers there was completely unaware of this deal. This is pretty unfortunate since I wouldn't have minded receiving that art book. :cry:

[quote name='apathylad']I bought this game at Fry's yesterday. Out of curiosity, I went to Gamestop today and the guys there told me the art book was a Gamestop.com exclusive, and one of the workers there was completely unaware of this deal. This is pretty unfortunate since I wouldn't have minded receiving that art book. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not a Gamestop.com exclusive as I did not order from Gamestop yet I have the artbook and 2 extra copies.

[quote name='Fieri']Actually it's not a Gamestop.com exclusive as I did not order from Gamestop yet I have the artbook and 2 extra copies.[/QUOTE]
Wait what?

[quote name='Fieri']Actually it's not a Gamestop.com exclusive as I did not order from Gamestop yet I have the artbook and 2 extra copies.[/QUOTE]

May I ask...how did you get that many copies. Was it at the pre-release party or something?

Also, willing to give a copy to some CAGs didnt get a chance to get a copy >_>

[quote name='Link927']....

May I ask...how did you get that many copies. Was it at the pre-release party or something?

Also, willing to give a copy to some CAGs didnt get a chance to get a copy >_>[/QUOTE]

yah i didn't get a copy =(*. i would

[quote name='thelonepig']Aksys is selling the artbook at Anime Expo for $10 a piece.

Mystery solved.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, interesting. Which is a big XD to those bidding outragous amounts on ebay.

On a more serious note, if anyone plans to attend said expo, grabbing extra copies might not hurt. I for one, along with probably many of CAGs, would be willing to pay cost, ship and tip.

[quote name='Link927']Hmmm, interesting. Which is a big XD to those bidding outragous amounts on ebay.

On a more serious note, if anyone plans to attend said expo, grabbing extra copies might not hurt. I for one, along with probably many of CAGs, would be willing to pay cost, ship and tip.[/QUOTE]

was there today...and when i left they only had a handful left instock...so i wouldnt count on that

[quote name='refusedchaos']was there today...and when i left they only had a handful left instock...so i wouldnt count on that[/QUOTE]

Doh, well, a CAG can hope, right? This might signal a drop on ebay prices as well, but probably not down to what I'm willing to pay, especially since they're already high enough. Another door closes.

[quote name='Link927']Doh, well, a CAG can hope, right? This might signal a drop on ebay prices as well, but probably not down to what I'm willing to pay, especially since they're already high enough. Another door closes.[/QUOTE]

maybe, although you have to remember that ALOT of people received banged up artbooks

[quote name='refusedchaos']maybe, although you have to remember that ALOT of people received banged up artbooks[/QUOTE]

Heh, I suppose that would depend of if anyone is willing to give up their copy, I wouldnt mind a slightly damaged copy, but something like a 5" tear and crumbled, worn, water stained cover might throw me off XP

[quote name='thelonepig']Aksys is selling the artbook at Anime Expo for $10 a piece.

Mystery solved.[/QUOTE]

Exactly ;)

[quote name='mythus']seriously, anyone going to anime expo grab some art books and sell them at price + ship here please. pretty please.[/QUOTE]

+1 to that. Here's hoping :(

bread's done
Back