BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack (PS3/360) - NOW SHIPPING!

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
BlazBlue_bonusLG.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=444

FREE shipping code: SAVER

270396b.jpg
200673b.jpg

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Premium Pack :
  • A two-disc original soundtrack that contains 48 tracks by Guilty Gear’s Daisuke Ishiwatari (19 more than the version released in Japan!)
  • Bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, the artbook turned into a fiasco. I feel lucky that i ordered the game late (though it sat in my cart since 5/28) and got the book in perfect condition...

[quote name='mythus']seriously, anyone going to anime expo grab some art books and sell them at price + ship here please. pretty please.[/QUOTE]

I'd at least appreciate some scans and a description of what the mystery book contains. :lol:

[quote name='refusedchaos']maybe, although you have to remember that ALOT of people received banged up artbooks[/QUOTE]

Yes, but a lot of people forget that approx. 60-70,000 (and apparently the number grows ever year) people show up over the 4 day event. A lot of these people have ZERO interest in anime and only show up just to see what the convention is about.

Sure, a few people may be picking up artbooks to replace their damaged ones, but I can almost guarantee you that the rest are scalpers and those artbooks will appear shortly on eBay.

[quote name='dualedge2']Yes, but a lot of people forget that approx. 60-70,000 (and apparently the number grows ever year) people show up over the 4 day event. A lot of these people have ZERO interest in anime and only show up just to see what the convention is about.

Sure, a few people may be picking up artbooks to replace their damaged ones, but I can almost guarantee you that the rest are scalpers and those artbooks will appear shortly on eBay.[/QUOTE]

Agree to this, at least the second part. I also have to add that this sort of thing happens every time a new limited pre-order item comes out. The initial first or second weeks are crazy, people are willing to pay ridiculous prices due to the hype (myself included sometimes, like this! :cry:).

But afterwards demand goes way down and prices plummet. Maybe because all the "collector's" have it or maybe common sense just goes up! And the scalpers are just left with something they have absolutely no desire to keep... :)

[quote name='Distrato']
699406-bang_shishigami_large.jpg

BANG BANG BANG BANNGGGG!![/QUOTE]

BANG is so awesome! I was wondering if a "Burning" or "Hot Blooded" character was in this game. Much like Domon Kasshu from G-Gundam he lights the screen up with fire and his blazing theme music! It's.....it's....just so Awesome! :D

Caved in and bought a copy of blazblue for the ps3 last night at gamestop. Think theres any way i can get my hands on the artbook still?

[quote name='sandmanzero']BANG is so awesome! I was wondering if a "Burning" or "Hot Blooded" character was in this game. Much like Domon Kasshu from G-Gundam he lights the screen up with fire and his blazing theme music! It's.....it's....just so Awesome! :D[/QUOTE]I was at anime expo today and they were running a BlazBlue tournament.

whenever someone would pick Bang and get full tokens the crowd kept going DO IT DO IT DO IT!

and when the player went into Bang Install the crowd all started going crazy!!!

[quote name='Anhmeister']As far as I have seen, the controller only vibrates when you get a quick match in online games. I haven't found any other instances.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate it. This explains why I haven't noticed it, as I have not yet played online. Can someone else confirm this as well, if they don't mind?

[quote name='zohar']Agree to this, at least the second part. I also have to add that this sort of thing happens every time a new limited pre-order item comes out. The initial first or second weeks are crazy, people are willing to pay ridiculous prices due to the hype (myself included sometimes, like this! :cry:).

But afterwards demand goes way down and prices plummet. Maybe because all the "collector's" have it or maybe common sense just goes up! And the scalpers are just left with something they have absolutely no desire to keep... :)[/QUOTE]

Interestingly, I have gone to AnimeExpo the last ten years and it has almost always been that way. A good percentage of people interested in anime come and the rest are either nearby or came to see what it's all about, simply because they saw an advertisement or heard something about it. It's been that way for ten years. However, attendence REALLY started booming some 3-4 years ago when anime became "mainstream", sort of. Normally, AX never really broke 10-15k admissions over the 4 days. Last year, I heard 60-70k admissions being tossed around by staffers and helpers. Every year, AX expects attendence to go up.

Sadly, I didn't have time to attend this year and BAM! AkSys is there selling the artbook. Bleh. What an incredible stroke of dumb irony. Just my luck.

It has been confirmed that both LE editions have been sold out at Gamestop.com and the regular editions are now available for preorder at the same old $59.99 price. Amazon and Bestbuy.com are also out of the PS3 LE.

If you want the PS3 LE, the best bet now is to hit the local BB and GS/EB, or order from play-asia.com.

[quote name='eau']It has been confirmed that both LE editions have been sold out at Gamestop.com and the regular editions are now available for preorder at the same old $59.99 price. Amazon and Bestbuy.com are also out of the PS3 LE.

If you want the PS3 LE, the best bet now is to hit the local BB and GS/EB, or order from play-asia.com.[/QUOTE]
Amazon looks to have the 360 version in stock still.

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cala..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246835569&sr=8-1

The Fry's Electronics store here in Burbank had at least 10 copies of the PS3 LE game as of yesterday. The 360LE version was sold out though.

[quote name='pjb16']Amazon looks to have the 360 version in stock still.

http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Cala..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1246835569&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

They better have the game in stock still. They still haven't shipped mines out yet and won't let me cancel either.
This is probably the most I've been disappointed in Amazon, especially since I preordered a month in advance.
Bought it at GS already, and will return it once my Amazon copy arrives.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Did places not order as many PS3 versions or did it just sell better on PS3?[/QUOTE]

Everywhere I've been to that has Blazblue in store, has been sold out of the 360 version.
Without a doubt it's been selling more in Japan for the PS3.

More like a superior D-pad. The one on the 360 controller sucks.

Especially considering neither the PS3 or the PSP are selling incredibly well. Also, I'm not sure how many people knew the PS3 version had Remote Play. That, however, is not to say it isn't a big plus: it is.

Point being, I think it's useless to extrapolate sales numbers based solely on a store's remaining stock.

[quote name='dualedge2'] That, however, is not to say it isn't a big plus: it is.

Point being, I think it's useless to extrapolate sales numbers based solely on a store's remaining stock.[/QUOTE] There must be something I'm missing. I bought the PS3 version and It would be neat to show off the remote play, but why would I ever pick this feature on a day to day basis? If I can choose to sit down and play on my large, high-resolution screen with my aracade controller or choose to play on a small lower resolution screen with questionable controls, why would I make that choice? Just curious as to if there is something I'm missing about remote play.

Does remote play allow me to play it away from my PS3? Can I take it to work and play? sorry for the questions, I'm a PS3 newb.

Gatcha~

[quote name='distgfx']Is it now? :lol: Artbook's the pre-order bonus, not something that comes with the Premium.[/QUOTE]

oh ok thanks for making that clear.....i picked up the le game but thought i was entitled to an artbook and the gstop clerk forgot.....i didn't preorder it so i didn't get the artbook.....now i wish i had pre-ordered it.....decent limited edition package though...

[quote name='Gatchaman']

Does remote play allow me to play it away from my PS3? Can I take it to work and play? sorry for the questions, I'm a PS3 newb.

Gatcha~[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will allow you to take it to work and play. As long as your workplace has a Wifi connection that is. Remote play for this game does actually work quite well. While you will still get destroyed by most people online, you can use it to practice moves, advance story mode, w/e. As long as you set up the connections correctly you can turn on and thus use your PS3 anywhere in the world as long as you have a wifi connection available.

[quote name='gshell']oh ok thanks for making that clear.....i picked up the le game but thought i was entitled to an artbook and the gstop clerk forgot.....i didn't preorder it so i didn't get the artbook.....now i wish i had pre-ordered it.....decent limited edition package though...[/QUOTE]

IMO, it is a sad, sad day when a limited edition with a two-disc soundtrack, DVD on the nuances of the game, and unique packaging--all at NO extra cost--is only considered "decent"... for the price, this is one of the very best limited editions I've seen this generation.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']IMO, is a sad, sad day when a limited edition with a two-disc soundtrack, DVD on the nuances of the game, and unique packaging--all at NO extra cost--is only considered "decent"... for the price, this is one the very best limited editions I've seen this generation.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='gshell']oh ok thanks for making that clear.....i picked up the le game but thought i was entitled to an artbook and the gstop clerk forgot.....i didn't preorder it so i didn't get the artbook.....now i wish i had pre-ordered it.....decent limited edition package though...[/QUOTE]

This guys confused the artbook was for online preorders only.

I think the ps3 version sold better just cause it's a fighting game. Despite the smaller install base the ps3 version of street fighter 4 sold better than the 360 version so I don't see why this game would be any different.

Just for the hell of it I called some GS' around me to see if any had any artbooks by chance. Of course I got no hits, but one guy pretty much swore on the artbook being inside the game box.

I asked him again, even stating that the artbook was like twice the size of the box. He was so insistent on it that I was tempted to drive by and see for myself :p

Boy, you would not believe the bad luck.
I preordered the game back in the beginning of May when there was all the hoopla about whether or not the artbook would be included. As luck would have it, when it shipped last week, the artbook was listed on the shipping confirmation. It was only when I looked a little closer that I realized I had it shipped to my office, as I usually do since no one is ever home to accept the package. Problem is, I was laid off earlier in the month.
The set up is that, due to the really awfully curt way they axed me, they offered to forward any of my belongings to me, those existing in the office and those that may be coming in. If I had remembered I had the order shipped to my (former place of) work, I would've changed it ASAP, but naturally, I forgot. And for some reason, the receiving department decides to refuse the package, despite mine making it clear that this item was coming very soon and that they should forward it to my home address, as was agreed. And now there's now way to recall the item, and after talking to a GS rep, all they can do is attach a notice to the order for the warehouse stating that it should be shipped to my home, but the rep says there was a "10% chance at best" it would work out.
So for someone who orders the 360 version of the regular edition from GS may end up getting what would've been my LE with artbook.

Are there any decent 360 Gamepads, getting close to the Dpad of the PS3? yes i know i should just go to joystick, but i want a good gamepad as well, anybody know of one? As of now, i actually don't have much problems playing the game with the Analog stick on the 360 gamepad, its stick is far better then the ps3 stick. I use the gamepad in street fighter 4, all the time and have no problems doing all movies and specials. so its good in that respect. Still would like a decent dpad though.

[quote name='ParadoxSeven']Are there any decent 360 Gamepads, getting close to the Dpad of the PS3? yes i know i should just go to joystick, but i want a good gamepad as well, anybody know of one? As of now, i actually don't have much problems playing the game with the Analog stick on the 360 gamepad, its stick is far better then the ps3 stick. I use the gamepad in street fighter 4, all the time and have no problems doing all movies and specials. so its good in that respect. Still would like a decent dpad though.[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...ords=madcatz+fightpad&x=0&y=0&sprefix=madcatz

[quote name='ParadoxSeven']Thanks, i knew about these, but how are they, really a different in the dpad? also the 360 one is Wired, yes i know, blah blah, wired is better then wireless, but still why can't there be a good wireless one.[/QUOTE]

It's a completely different D-pad. Absolutely nothing like the 360 pad. I can't play Blazblue at all on the 360 controller, but this baby does just fine.

[quote name='danny8k']yap, it changed. 1.26m PS3 vs 1.08m 360

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index...her=&genre=&boxart=Both&results=50&order=Hits

:applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

The problem with those numbers is that those are probably "worldwide" numbers; not numbers in the U.S. only.

According some NPD numbers, SFIV dropped HARD after its first month of release, with the 360 version taking a "slight" lead. After opening in the #2 & #3 spot, the next month only the 360 version was still barely in the Top 20.

So, worldwide, sure. I could believe that the PS3 version outsold the 360 version. Japan ALONE would make sure of that. But again, that doesn't explain the BlazBlue situation for the U.S.

February 2009 sales data:
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_February_2009

March 2009 sales data:
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_March_2009

April 2009 sales data:
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/NPD_April_2009

I just returned my limitied edition copy to Gamestop...game moved sluggish to me. Would rather play King of Fighters or Street Fighter.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I just returned my limitied edition copy to Gamestop...game moved sluggish to me. Would rather play King of Fighters or Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]

how did it move sluggish? the game is quite honestly the fastest fighter this gen. 2nd, how did you get gamestop to take in a game that was opened? sfiv and kof are pretty slow imo, "slugish" even when compared to gg or bb. yet, all three games are not frame dipping.

A lot of Gamestops here in Orlando still have the PS3 LE's.

I fell out of love with new 2D fighters, and figured if one would make me love them again, it would be this one. Not really loving it so far, but we will see.

[quote name='TreizePlus']A lot of Gamestops here in Orlando still have the PS3 LE's.

I fell out of love with new 2D fighters, and figured if one would make me love them again, it would be this one. Not really loving it so far, but we will see.[/QUOTE]

Damn 2 people that don't love it?

I also prefer KOF and SF, but ordered it off Amazon because of all the rave reviews.

Did any of you guys guys notice anything strange with your blu-ray bonus disks? Mine seems to have excessive glue/plastic on the edges to the point that if you run your hand around the edge, it seems to almost cut into your finger. Might have to return this.

[quote name='OGHowie']Damn 2 people that don't love it?

I also prefer KOF and SF, but ordered it off Amazon because of all the rave reviews.[/QUOTE]

I like the game,but I agree it is no SF or KOF. I got it to tie me over until King Of Fighters XII comes out.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I just returned my limitied edition copy to Gamestop...game moved sluggish to me. Would rather play King of Fighters or Street Fighter.[/QUOTE]
How did you return it? Opened?

bread's done
Back